View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Did a search and way too many pages showed up on here with worthless answers.

I have a storm 1 on vz and have tried for over a year to wait for a decent new BB to upgrade to. My battery or phone is doing real bad now, lasting about 15-30 minutes of data use on a full charge and I can barely even make calls anymore without being lost or rebooting during. I also have a uysed 9650 as a trade. How can I setup this bold from my storm and keep my bill and everything the same: email, bbm pin, etc.

I know I would have to setup my email accounts on the new phone. What else would I have to do? Please tell me this isn't as simple as a sim card replacement?

Thanks.
    06-20-11 11:45 PM
    It's not "as simple as a sim card replacement" because Verizon doesn't use SIM Cards in the US.

But all you have to do is to activate the new device on your account and then do a device switch in your BIS or Email Settings and then use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to transfer the data from the old device onto the new device.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    06-21-11 06:00 AM
    Got an easy question.

If me and the wife wants to swap devices but keep our own numbers will Verizon allow it?
    Keep your numbers meaning keep the same phone number but use a different phone? Yes.

You can port your number from Verizon if you decide to leave them as well. I've ported my SunComm (AT&T) number to 3 different carriers.
    06-22-11 09:44 AM
    Dilemma - I have VZW unlimited calling/text plan + Blackberry BES. I would like to add a daughter to my account.
    Cost is my main concern - she only uses about 500-1000 minutes per month and tons of texting.
    Is there any way I can add her without having to put her on an unlimited plan for $50 or without having to open a new account?
    Thanks for your help.
    06-23-11 03:10 PM
    Dilemma - I have VZW unlimited calling/text plan + Blackberry BES. I would like to add a daughter to my account.
    Cost is my main concern - she only uses about 500-1000 minutes per month and tons of texting.
    Is there any way I can add her without having to put her on an unlimited plan for $50 or without having to open a new account?
    Thanks for your help.
    If your daughter does the vast majority of her calls to mobile numbers, Verizon has a plan with unlimited texting, 450 minutes + unlimited any mobile, any time. It's the plan I'm on. I use about 20 minutes a month regular airtime, but I use over 500 minutes or more a month with the mobile to mobile calling plan. It shows Verizon only, but mine does include any mobile, any time.

Here are the details:

Set Your Location

You may have to enter your zip code.

Or, here's a JPEG of the page:

Last edited by ColdSunshine; 06-24-11 at 10:05 AM.
    06-24-11 10:01 AM
    If your daughter does the vast majority of her calls to mobile numbers, Verizon has a plan with unlimited texting, 450 minutes + unlimited any mobile, any time. It's the plan I'm on. I use about 20 minutes a month regular airtime, but I use over 500 minutes or more a month with the mobile to mobile calling plan. It shows Verizon only, but mine does include any mobile, any time.

Here are the details:

Set Your Location

You may have to enter your zip code.

Or, here's a JPEG of the page:

First, Thank you for your help. Why should I pay $10 more? I wish I could add her for, lets say $20 and only give her unlimited texting and pay full price for calls. Kinda like they do on other family plans.
    I don't want to waste anyone's time on here. I've researched in the VZW store and they are telling me the only other option is exactly what you mentioned. I will probably get her a phone on Virgin Mobile, for $25 with 300 minutes and unlimited text/data. Its a shame because it would be nice to have unlimited mobile to mobile calling.

Again, Thank you.
    06-25-11 08:39 AM
    Got an easy question.

If me and the wife wants to swap devices but keep our own numbers will Verizon allow it?
    Hi,

Yes, you can swap your Verizon Wireless phones and keep your own numbers (free of charge). Simply call 1-800-922-0204 at your convenience and have both phones available, please call from a third line as both phones must be powered off to complete the swap. We're available by phone from 6am to 11pm CST every day.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
    Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
    06-25-11 09:49 AM
    I got a question for a verizon rep. I tried getting my storm 2 unlocked because i will be traveling to china soon for my job. The guy said ok, here's your code, to unlock, follow these steps... to the sim card screen, bring up keyboard, type MEPD MEP2. Yeah, nothing comes up on my phone when I try to unlock it that way. It's not unlocked already, and I really need to get this done so I can use my phone on business overseas.

Thanks.
    06-28-11 09:40 AM
    I got a question for a verizon rep. I tried getting my storm 2 unlocked because i will be traveling to china soon for my job. The guy said ok, here's your code, to unlock, follow these steps... to the sim card screen, bring up keyboard, type MEPD MEP2. Yeah, nothing comes up on my phone when I try to unlock it that way. It's not unlocked already, and I really need to get this done so I can use my phone on business overseas.

Thanks.
    Are you sure you are typing it correctly? Once you go to Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card, you type MEPD, then MEP2 then it should ask you for a MEP unlock code then enter the code. You do also need to have a SIM card in the phone.
    06-28-11 03:25 PM
    How come 6.0 will not allow group texts of more than 10 people like in OS 5.0?
    06-28-11 04:54 PM
    How come 6.0 will not allow group texts of more than 10 people like in OS 5.0?
    You need to direct that question to RIM.

BlackBerry - Support & Services
    06-28-11 06:05 PM
    Are you sure you are typing it correctly? Once you go to Options>Advanced Options>Sim Card, you type MEPD, then MEP2 then it should ask you for a MEP unlock code then enter the code. You do also need to have a SIM card in the phone.
    Yep. Even tried with caps lock on. Don't know if it's my phone or what, but it just won't show anything. Even after I type both.
    06-30-11 01:37 PM
    Yep. Still in the same boat. Nothing happens when I type MEPD then MEP2.

Any help?
    07-05-11 10:26 AM
    I have unlimited with my C1. I was due for an upgrade this Spring but I was holding out for an iphone 5. Now the tiered data deal. Now, is it true that you can be grandfathered in? But getting an iphone 5 or possibly a droid will that make me have to go tiered? I don't want the 4 but to stay unlimited I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get it! But not being able to talk and surf? What's with that? Is it b/c VZW is CDMA so the 5 won't change that?
    07-05-11 11:01 PM
    I have a question for a verizon rep....

This is regarding the data plan changes... I am on Sprint right now and want to make the switch to Verizon today (July 6th)... I want to go on the lowest airtime plan as I still have 2 months left on my sprint contact... Is today gonna be too late to be grandfathered in the future?

What if I change my voice plan after the 7 (In about 2 months)??? will that affect my grandfathered data plan?

Lets say I go from a 40 min plan to 900 min plan.... will that trigger the tiered data plans?

Thanks for all the help
    07-06-11 02:05 AM
    I have a question for a verizon rep....

This is regarding the data plan changes... I am on Sprint right now and want to make the switch to Verizon today (July 6th)... I want to go on the lowest airtime plan as I still have 2 months left on my sprint contact... Is today gonna be too late to be grandfathered in the future?

What if I change my voice plan after the 7 (In about 2 months)??? will that affect my grandfathered data plan?

Lets say I go from a 40 min plan to 900 min plan.... will that trigger the tiered data plans?

Thanks for all the help
    Will you be getting on a data plan today? As long as you lock in the data today you will be grandfathered, and they will have no issues with you upping your minutes, they NEVER mind that! But if you don't sign up for data today they you lose the chance to be grandfathered in to the unlimited. (Correct me if I'm wrong Mario)
    07-06-11 07:29 AM
    With Verizon data is an add-on feature,not part of the voice minutes(and sometimes messaging) plans like T-Mobile and Sprint bundle their plans.As long as you're on a Nationwide Plan you should be able to raise or lower your minutes w/o penalty. The most important thing is to get on a smartphone add-on plan TODAY.
    07-06-11 11:08 AM
    I figured it out. You cannot be in portrait mode. You HAVE to be in landscape mode. It worked that way. go figure that the orientation was the way it had to be done. SO LAME!
    07-06-11 09:32 PM
    I figured it out. You cannot be in portrait mode. You HAVE to be in landscape mode. It worked that way. go figure that the orientation was the way it had to be done. SO LAME!
    SAY WHAT?! I have never come across that as an issue. Hot damn!
    07-07-11 02:56 AM
    Looks like they weren't bluffing
    Last edited by House_Ape; 07-07-11 at 09:12 AM. Reason: -
    07-07-11 05:49 AM
    I'm sure this has been asked but couldn't find it. What happens if a phone reported lost to insurance is found by someone else, can it be activated? is it the same as reporting it stolen?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 02:47 PM
    I'm sure this has been asked but couldn't find it. What happens if a phone reported lost to insurance is found by someone else, can it be activated? is it the same as reporting it stolen?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    The phone reported lost has it's ESN/MEID blacklisted and cannot be reactivated.Since it's been used in an insurance claim I'm sure not even the original owner can reactivate it.The lost phone is considered the insurance company's property.
    Last edited by experiment626; 07-07-11 at 03:59 PM.
    07-07-11 03:56 PM
    Questions for a VZ Rep -
    Lets say I'm getting a discount of 10% on my total VZ bill because of my place of employment.

What happens if:
    1. I switch jobs ?
    2. The company I work for dissolves ?
    3. Their discount % goes either up or down in the future?

How will either of these scenarios affect my monthly bill and discounted rate?

Thanks in advance....
    07-07-11 04:28 PM
    SAY WHAT?! I have never come across that as an issue. Hot damn!
    MEPD and MEP2 do not work with suretype in the portrait mode. Seriously!

I guess because it isn't the individual letters by themselves?

Whatever the reason, it had me going crazy as to why my phone couldn't be unlocked!
    07-08-11 11:52 AM
    How much does a 175 ETF tick off monthly on a 1 year contract? I might be switching when the 9900 comes out, depending on 4G and hotspot, and timeliness.
    07-11-11 09:26 PM
5,111 ... 200201202203204 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD