View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    All you have to do is send it in for certification. All the moaning on the internet about this policy and not one person has actually tried to get a device certified.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, so, this is the first I've read about certification, and no rep on the phone mentioned it. What is it and where does the phone have to go?

Also, your avatar is awesome.
    02-24-11 07:59 AM
    Go to opennetwork.verizonwireless.com for the details!

02-24-11 01:27 PM
    Playbook? Tethering? Costs?

04-05-11 03:24 PM
    playbook? Tethering? Costs?

1gb $20
    3gb $35
    5gb $50
    10gb $80
    04-05-11 03:40 PM
    A follow up question if you don't have a tethering plan and you set up tethering what happens?
    04-20-11 05:44 PM
    If I give my gf my droid incredible, can she activate it on her plan without having to add a data plan?

05-12-11 11:19 PM
    If I give my gf my droid incredible, can she activate it on her plan without having to add a data plan?

No she cannot
    05-12-11 11:21 PM
    No she cannot
    Thanks for the quick response!

05-12-11 11:44 PM
    So I am switching from sprint to verizon and was told when pricing out vzw that because there is a bad mark on my credit (divorce) that I will automatically have to pay $400 a line depost! Is this true? If so it is insane!

05-19-11 12:46 PM
    If they did a credit check and it was determined you needed to pay that yes, its true. It collects interest and you get it back after a year of on time payments.

05-19-11 04:59 PM
    If they did a credit check and it was determined you needed to pay that yes, its true. It collects interest and you get it back after a year of on time payments.

They didn't do a credit check. My credit is fine though other than my divorce. She said that any blemish on your credit means a $400 per line deposit automatically and $125 if no blemishes. That seems ridiculous. She said with my divorce it will most likely be $400!

05-19-11 09:30 PM
    Ok, so I am currently a sprint customer. I am looking to get to Verizon before they abandon unlimited data. If I purchase a phone now from Verizon so I can be "grandfathered" in to unlimited data. Can I hold that plan even on future devices? I would purchase all phones after the initial one at retail to avoid signing another contract which would make me change my plan... Is this possible? Thanks a ton!
    05-20-11 10:48 AM
    Ok idk if anyone has asked this question. Or maybe I couldn't find it but ok. I wanna add another line to my family plan so I can get another phone. I mean can I do that order online and then when it comes in just connect it to my number? I need an answer please....

05-31-11 03:41 AM
    Ok idk if anyone has asked this question. Or maybe I couldn't find it but ok. I wanna add another line to my family plan so I can get another phone. I mean can I do that order online and then when it comes in just connect it to my number? I need an answer please....

You can add a line and a new phone online. Once you get the phone you have to activate it to the new line then you can switch it to a different line.
    05-31-11 09:56 AM
    You can add a line and a new phone online. Once you get the phone you have to activate it to the new line then you can switch it to a different line.
    Thank you for the quick response. Now I can get me a new phone!

05-31-11 02:29 PM
    Thank you for the quick response. Now I can get me a new phone!

You realize it will probably cost you more in the long run than just buying a new phone used or outright? You still have to have a phone on the new line and pay for that line for 2 years.

05-31-11 05:11 PM
    Nobody knows
    Ok, so I am currently a sprint customer. I am looking to get to Verizon before they abandon unlimited data. If I purchase a phone now from Verizon so I can be "grandfathered" in to unlimited data. Can I hold that plan even on future devices? I would purchase all phones after the initial one at retail to avoid signing another contract which would make me change my plan... Is this possible? Thanks a ton!
    06-01-11 06:40 PM
    ^^^

Usually, atleast when I was with AT&T, as long as you didnt change the type of plan, it stuck around. Meaning you cannot go from Android to BB to iPhone ,etc. However, that was with AT&T. I dont know how it will work with VZW
    06-01-11 08:54 PM
    why are they calling it a Loyalty Discount now and making it even less than the NE2 discount i had in the past. I've been very loyal, $30 doesn't make me feel like they care as much about my 10 years of loyalty.

I'm really trying hard to not say "will i get free stuff if i tell them i want to go to Sprint?"

basically, why the name change and is there a difference between NE2 and Loyalty Discount? ..other than it only being $30 now instead of $50 or $100
    06-01-11 10:35 PM
    They validated the lower NE2 by saying that they discounted the phones enough to where you were already getting a great incentive on the phone. Plus they also have "private sales" for existing customers to get devices at a lower cost then new customers can get. If you don't feel treated as a loyal customer, vote with your wallet.
    06-02-11 12:53 PM
    I always found it backwards that companies reward new customers moreso than loyal seasoned customers. And everyone gets a NE2 discount after 1.5 years of not bailing on a contract, loyalty has nothing to do with it.

But I hear ya. At this point vzw is still my best bet.

06-02-11 02:20 PM
    I always found it backwards that companies reward new customers moreso than loyal seasoned customers. And everyone gets a NE2 discount after 1.5 years of not bailing on a contract, loyalty has nothing to do with it.
    I think this is a misconception. Companies are not rewarding new customers anymore than existing customers. They offer new customers the same discount that they initially offered you. It's not better than what loyal customers got, nor any worse.

Put it this way: When you signed up two years ago, you got a discount on 1 device. Now that those 2 years are up, you now get a discount on device #2. The new guy received a discount on 1 device. In two years, he will have the option of getting a discount on device #2...so on and so forth. How is this an unfair situation? You are both offered X number of discounts.

With the NE2 program, returning customers got an additional discount. Since that program is ending, the point is moot, but when it was there, being loyal, you got a better discount.

I don't get how the new customer is treated any better than the returning customer when excluding the NE2. They seem the same.
    Last edited by crackberryn00b; 06-11-11 at 05:15 PM. Reason: took out irrelevant info
    06-11-11 05:05 PM
    I don't know if this is vzw or costco but right now the incredible2 is 49.99 for NEW customers and 79.99 for contract renewals. Pays to be a new customer.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    06-12-11 11:17 AM
    I don't know if this is vzw or costco but right now the incredible2 is 49.99 for NEW customers and 79.99 for contract renewals. Pays to be a new customer.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    That is a Costco issue.

06-14-11 01:58 PM
    Got an easy question.

If me and the wife wants to swap devices but keep our own numbers will Verizon allow it?
    06-20-11 10:47 PM
5,111 ... 199200201202203 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD