View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Unless you just like shiny object, which a man of your IQ level is sure to, then you just got the iPhone for VZW so you're good to go.
    So you're insulting people who like the iPhone?

Not that it matters to me what your opinion is, since you are acting like a spoiled child at the toy store, but I can choose what ever phone I want. But...if we are going to to point out IQ' levels lets look at yours...

People like are whats wrong with the mobile phone business.
    Looks like it takes too much effort for you to try to be insulting. "People like are"? Poor you.

Verizon is the poorest of all except for coverage.
    Improper use (or lack of) punctuation.

Sprint has made larger inroads during my last two years with Verizon...
    They made larger inroads?

Dictionary.com | Find the Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com says:

INROADS-

noun
    1.a damaging or serious encroachment: inroads on our savings.
    2.a sudden hostile or predatory incursion; raid; foray.
    Using words out of context? At least you spelled it correctly but I'm not sure what Sprint did to you.

Unless you just like shiny object,
    Again, proper word use has escaped you, but you're the smart one here, so maybe I'm wrong. And all this intelligence in one post, I can hardly stand it. I'm quivering.

Did you get your free services you wanted? Hmm? Keep us posted. Like I said before, I hope you get everything you deserve.
    pyrus likes this.
    02-05-11 09:12 PM
    The more you people post, the more I can see why providers can get away with what they do.

The ignorance is astounding.
    02-05-11 11:06 PM
    The more you people post, the more I can see why providers can get away with what they do.

The ignorance is astounding.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute....oh my god...hahahahaha...You want free services from a "for-profit" company and I'm ignorant?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You may no be smart but you sure are funny.

So did you get free stuff yet? I'm dying to know!
    02-05-11 11:23 PM
    Hey Mario, if you are going to try to oust people for their improper use of grammar & punctuation, maybe you should check yours, as well. Just saying.
    02-06-11 11:06 AM
    Hey Mario, if you are going to try to oust people for their improper use of grammar & punctuation, maybe you should check yours, as well. Just saying.
    You want play too? Feeling left out? I wouldn't have cared about the punctuation and grammar except for the fact that the poster in question was insulting me or other people based on low IQ and shiny objects (iPhone). Next time mind your damn business, didn't your mom raise you better? No, probably not...what was I thinking.
    02-06-11 11:56 AM
    Simmer down both of you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    blessed2bamommie likes this.
    02-06-11 07:47 PM
    Simmer down both of you!

Wow, just wow............
    02-06-11 08:18 PM
    PK, time for the mod stick.

02-06-11 11:09 PM
    Well, now the rumor is reality. I am thrilled to have the option of an iphone, though I'm still weighing Android; but, really! introducing 4 when 5 is going to be announced this summer? I didn't jump (and I think my upgrade is actually next month)! I've known a phone to be released and then next thing you know there's another version. Will this be the same with the iphone? Will VZW pick up the five with AT&T?
    02-10-11 12:03 PM
    Well, now the rumor is reality. I am thrilled to have the option of an iphone, though I'm still weighing Android; but, really! introducing 4 when 5 is going to be announced this summer? I didn't jump (and I think my upgrade is actually next month)! I've known a phone to be released and then next thing you know there's another version. Will this be the same with the iphone? Will VZW pick up the five with AT&T?
    Im sure they will. But we will know more when it happens.

02-10-11 07:58 PM
    Is Verizon still offering the deal that if all the family lines use have the smartphone, they will just charge only 10 bucks for each line data? My family is due to upgrade next week and really consider the new iphone. Thank you
    02-12-11 11:09 PM
    Is Verizon still offering the deal that if all the family lines use have the smartphone, they will just charge only 10 bucks for each line data? My family is due to upgrade next week and really consider the new iphone. Thank you
    No, that promotion expired the end of January.
    02-12-11 11:25 PM
    I dont get this..

I have 2 lines and in my Verizon the 1st line says I;m eligible for an upgrade on 6/2011 and on second line it says on 4/2011 See pic below:

But even though it says my upgrade date is 7/2011 it will let me upgrade to a iphone 4 or any other phone at contract price???

It also says on upgrade page that I can upgrade at a discount price on the same 1st line even tho my upgrade is not until 7/2011

Why is it letting me upgrade even when it says my upgrade is not until 7/2011.

I plan to upgrade to iphone 4 now that it lets me but i was just wondering why is it letting me upgrade?

Thanks
    02-14-11 02:16 AM
    I dont get this..

I have 2 lines and in my Verizon the 1st line says I'm eligible for an upgrade on 6/2011 and on second line it says on 4/2011 See pic below:

But even though it says my upgrade date is 7/2011 it will let me upgrade to a iphone 4 or any other phone at contract price???

It also says on upgrade page that I can upgrade at a discount price on the same 1st line even tho my upgrade is not until 7/2011
    "Would you like to Upgrade or Add additional lines to your account?

* Upgrade Lines
    * Add Lines
    2nd line This line can upgrade today at full retail price!
    1st line This line can upgrade today at a discounted price!"

Why is it letting me upgrade even when it says my upgrade is not until 7/2011. On my Verizon homepage it even have button that says upgrade now

I plan to upgrade to iphone 4 now that it lets me but i was just wondering why is it letting me upgrade?

2nd question

My 2nd line contract is up on 4/2011 in a few months. If i was to open a 3rd line and order iphone can i have 2nd line number transferred over? And how much would it be to cancel 2nd line with the 2 months left or should I just let the 2 months ride out?

I guess best question is can i get my 2nd line number transferred over to the 3rd line I will open? probably not worth it to break the contract with 2 months left

Thanks
    Last edited by henry_hill_3; 02-14-11 at 02:25 AM.
    02-14-11 02:21 AM
    The first line is up for annual upgrade. Yet another proof for why it is going away. Too complicated.

02-14-11 02:32 AM
    The first line is up for annual upgrade. Yet another proof for why it is going away. Too complicated.

Thanks..

Now if I open a 3rd line will Verizon transfer my 2nd line number to the 3rd line and then can i just let 2nd sit for 2 months until contract is up? o
    Last edited by henry_hill_3; 02-14-11 at 02:58 AM.
    02-14-11 02:37 AM
    Thanks..

Now if I open a 3rd line will Verizon transfer my 2nd line number to the 3rd line and then can i just let 2nd sit for 2 months until contract is up? o
    No. Each line has a specific phone number and they are non transferrable. If you open a third line, you will have to sign a 24 month agreement. In two months, you existing line will be eligible to be cancelled with no ETF, but you cant keep the number.
    02-14-11 04:19 PM
    I've got a reasonable grunt about the runaround I've gotten on switching a device in my legacy Alltel plan.

I'm in a non-divested market. I want to switch an Alltel Blackberry Pearl for a Alltel Blackberry Tour from a divested Alltel market I bought off eBay. The ESN is clean (as I called Alltel) but the verizon device switch site said "the device is invalid."

I was told by several reps it couldn't be done for reasons A, B, and C, which due to their lingual cues, sounded more like their theories about the merge. No one, not a soul wanted to put me through to anyone that might have an idea on how to get the ESN added to the database (I'm thinking, surely if there isn't a technical reason, it has to be as easy as a guy punching a 8 digit number into a database and clicking apply). So I called back until I got to my last CSR of the night.

The last rep in tech support either really honestly doesn't know Verizon's policies or was consciously misinforming.
    I asked her "Isn't verizon an open device network?"
    She said "no, it's not."
    I asked, "when did that change?"
    She said "it's always been that way."
    I said "hmm, I'm looking right here on a page on Verizon that says they will take any compatible device not offered by them." Silence on her end.
    Verizon Wireless To Introduce Any Apps, Any Device Option For Customers In 2008

She finally said there was a form that could be filled out, but she expected it to be denied because the last one she did was denied. She didn't specify what device she previously attempted, but I could hear her typing notes into the form.

So my questions:
    1) Why are notes about where I bought the device (in this case a clean ESN Alltel phone off eBay) necessary to put in notes going to a tech guy that decides whether or not the ESN will be added to the billing database.

2) Is the URL I posted true or not? The specs for the Blackberry Tour 9630 are exactly the same for both Verizon and Alltel so I don't understand what the big deal is. Do you guys think I'm going to get a positive answer in a week?

3) Being a very pragmatic consumer, I understand the marketing ploys that have its part in capitalism, but why does it seem like mis-information is purported to sweep us old Alltel guys into the Verizon red pill? Do CSRs really not know the Alltel does and don'ts or are they told to misinform?
    02-15-11 11:56 PM
    Are you still on an Alltel plan or are you on a Verizon plan?

If you are on an Alltel plan, you should be able to activate an Alltel device.

As an aside, if your premise is that you should be able to add the device because that page says that "hey will take any compatible device not offered by them". Then your premise is incorrect because Verizon offered the Tour.

Not sure about the validity about the rest of that "announcement" because Verizon's policy that I have always read is that they will not activate devices branded to other carriers.
    02-16-11 07:41 AM
    Are you still on an Alltel plan or are you on a Verizon plan?
    I am still on an Alltel plan with an Alltel device.

If you are on an Alltel plan, you should be able to activate an Alltel device.
    Uh, yeah, that was the whole reason behind my post.

As an aside, if your premise is that you should be able to add the device because that page says that "hey will take any compatible device not offered by them". Then your premise is incorrect because Verizon offered the Tour.
    I had to read this three times. What you're saying is because Verizon offered a Tour, they will not take a compatible device that has the same name from a different carrier? While that sentence in the press release could be read that way, I doubt that was the intent of that particular wording. As an aside, trying to activate a Verizon Tour on my account results in a page showing I have to switch to a Verizon plan. So technically, Verizon didn't release a compatible device for my current plan. Due to the technicalities involved here, this could be completely relevant or irrelevant.

Not sure about the validity about the rest of that "announcement" because Verizon's policy that I have always read is that they will not activate devices branded to other carriers.
    Could you kindly point me to Verizon's opposing policy? The page I listed is a press release, not a blog. Maybe many here don't understand the weight of such a document. Do you believe Verizon released a document blatantly lying? In my heart of heart I really hope I'm not giving money every month to a company that would do that.

I have not called CS to be a difficult customer or asked for a service for free or at discount. Is asking to switch to an alternative compatible device not a reasonable inquiry?
    02-16-11 09:14 AM
    Verizon will not activate a device that they carry that is branded from another carrier. They won't ever activate a Sprint Tour on Verizon's network.

Maybe Mario can answer this one as to why they can't seem to activate the Alltel Tour. Or at least provide more information on it.
    02-16-11 09:31 AM
    Verizon will not activate a device that they carry that is branded from another carrier. They won't ever activate a Sprint Tour on Verizon's network.

Maybe Mario can answer this one as to why they can't seem to activate the Alltel Tour. Or at least provide more information on it.
    I would be willing to PM the ESN. Is that safe?

In regards to your first sentence, does Verizon have a working policy that is different than their publicly stated "any device, any app" policy?
    I don't think it's understood that at my level of newb to the inner workings of Verizon, that it's hard to swallow a blanket statement about device activation because I don't know if the blanket statement is based on prior factual knowledge or just previous experience about what a company generally does.

Thanks guys for all of your responses.
    02-16-11 10:28 AM
    All you have to do is send it in for certification. All the moaning on the internet about this policy and not one person has actually tried to get a device certified.

02-16-11 03:46 PM
    So I am looking to upgrade my current device, my upgrade is not till 2/9/2012. I apparently can upgrade now at full price. I work in Data Tech Support for another carrier and they offer situations where you can buy up an early upgrade, you dont have to pay full price, once you are at least 12 months into the current contract. Does Verizon offer any thing like this?
    02-22-11 08:32 PM
    If your voice plan is over $49.99 you may qualify for the annual upgrade program. It would cost you an additional $20 on top of the 2 year upgrade price.

You still wouldn't be eligible until 4/9/11 though.

If you're a secondary line or otherwise under $50 for your voice plan, no early upgrades.

So I am looking to upgrade my current device, my upgrade is not till 2/9/2012. I apparently can upgrade now at full price. I work in Data Tech Support for another carrier and they offer situations where you can buy up an early upgrade, you dont have to pay full price, once you are at least 12 months into the current contract. Does Verizon offer any thing like this?
    02-22-11 08:39 PM
5,111 ... 198199200201202 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD