View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Originally posted in own thread here, but was suggested to post in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you in advance for your time and assistance here on the forum.

Question for VZW Rep: What is my best choice to upgrade to Storm?

My current situation:
    1. We have 3 lines and have been with VZW for a few years. No way are we leaving (though I love Mac/Apple and wanted an iPhone pretty bad, but Storm is alleviating that desire).
    2. Plan = Nationwide Select Family Share 1,400 ANY UNL N+W+IN+MSG
    3. Contract Ends: 4-9-10
    4. Wife's line is primary with a national company Corporate Discount (-19% plans, -25% Accesories).
    5. Primary line is Blackberry Curve. Eligible NE2 12/9/9 or Upgrade 7/13/9
    6. 2nd Line = My line. LG Env with mobile web and whatever else. Upgrade eligible 8/12/9
    7. 3rd Line = Son's. Not used and I have no plans of continuing it. I have to keep it until 4/9 or pay Early Term. Fee. It is eligible for upgrade now.

Wife and I both want to upgrade to Storm. My son (9yr) doesn't use his phone and doesn't need it (Long story made short = his grandparents wanted to pay for him to have phone so he could call them. They gave us the $ up front for monthly cost. As I told them, the new would fade off and he wouldn't use it.... I was right.) I plan to cut this phone off the account when April rolls around and it's contract fulfilled.

So, what is my best (least expensive, smartest) course to upgrade 1 or 2 of us to the Storm?

Wife may, just may, be able to get her company to upgrade her and the company pay for the phone. If not, we'll have to come up with plan for us to get it done.

Do I do something with upgrading my son's phone, then after it's done swap the numbers between his and mine? Won't that renew his line for 1-2 years leaving me then having to pay the $9.99 per month for what is currently my phone's contract length?

Or is it better to just let my son's line expire and pay full price for a Storm (which I don't know what retail is gonna be)?

I'm starting to think it's going to cost out the nose for me and my wife to get Storms.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, wife truly needs a BB. I want a BB. From what I understand, once you have a BB though, your want for one becomes a need.
    Upgrade your sons line and pay retail for 1 storm will be ou best option without opening a 4th line. You can dummy esns for the 2 lines you aren't using. This will be the only way to get phones at discounted pricing unless you wait until April for your early upgrade.
    11-13-08 07:02 PM
    Question, please PM me.

I am eligible for NE2 on 12/15/08, and I want to make SURE that I can use this discount on the Storm.

With NE2, 2 year contract, and Storm rebate; I should be paying $99 for the Storm. Can a VZW rep confirm this?

Thanks in advance!!
    I can't confirm the pricing but if you have a NE2 then you may use that discount on 12/15 for ANY phone we sell.
    11-13-08 07:04 PM
    IF your NE2 is $100, then yes
    11-13-08 07:20 PM
    I need help fixing the "where I am" feature on my 8330
    11-13-08 07:52 PM
    NOt going to happen. Sorry
    11-13-08 08:12 PM
    Upgrade your sons line and pay retail for 1 storm will be ou best option without opening a 4th line. You can dummy esns for the 2 lines you aren't using. This will be the only way to get phones at discounted pricing unless you wait until April for your early upgrade.
    Thanks for response.
    From a quick search, I understand "dummy esns" to be something in the process of changing lines from one phone to another. As such, I'm not following "using dummy esns .... this will be only way to get phones at discounted pricing."

If it matters, I have a VZW Razr V3c that was my phone before I got the LG Env.

TIA for further explanation/clarification.
    Last edited by JamesJ; 11-13-08 at 09:28 PM. Reason: typos
    11-13-08 09:23 PM
    I've had this question on my mind ever since I started reading about the Storm. First a little background information. My current plan is:

$39.99 / month
    $15 text
    21% UTC discount

The plan started on 5/30/07 and my NE2 happens on 1/28/09, just two months past the release date of the Storm. The account has always been in good standing (never a single late payment).

What are the chances a rep at a Verizon store would be willing to sell me a Storm for anything less than the full retail price if I am willing to extend my contract for 2 years and get the necessary voice / data plan to go with it? It being the holiday season and all.

Should I not hold my breath and just weather out the extra 2 months?
    11-13-08 10:25 PM
    Rumors and speculation and an occasional service rep appear to indicate that Verizon may not offer an upgrade to the OS. Have any of you reps (that are safely anonymous) heard any factual information?
    11-14-08 12:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I just want to double check before I do it. I currently have a Sprint Curve (love the plan, hate the service). I am really interested in the storm, but would have to break contract with Sprint to get it.

My question is, would I be able to purchase the Storm, play with it for my 30day trial period (with another number), then if I wind up liking it (which I think I will), then port my number over once I make sure I like it?
    11-14-08 01:06 AM
    My question..........got an "all-acces pass" for a private sale at my local VZW store in th email yesterday. Dates are 11/17 to 21. Blah, blah, blah lowest prices......has the Storm as being on sale. Does this mean I can pick up my 2 Storms on Monday?
    11-14-08 08:53 AM
    My question..........got an "all-acces pass" for a private sale at my local VZW store in th email yesterday. Dates are 11/17 to 21. Blah, blah, blah lowest prices......has the Storm as being on sale. Does this mean I can pick up my 2 Storms on Monday?
    That's a good question. I got one too and I'm curious to know if the "All Access Pass" was truly mailed out to select customers or if it was a mass mailing.

I read an article that "VIPs" got something in the mail. Don't know what that means exactly...
    11-14-08 10:05 AM
    That's a good question. I got one too and I'm curious to know if the "All Access Pass" was truly mailed out to select customers or if it was a mass mailing.

I read an article that "VIPs" got something in the mail. Don't know what that means exactly...
    i have 2 separate VZW accounts. i got the mailing on my 39.99 non VIP line, which is eligible to upgrade.

i DID NOT get one for my BB line 111/month VIP as it's not eligible to upgrade.

it's pretty clear what VZWs intent is! ha
    11-14-08 11:55 AM
    Question for Verizon reps or others in the know:

I'm up for the NE2 discount and looking at getting a Storm. (I currently have a family plan with two lines.) Along with this, I need to add two additional lines to my plan so when its said and done, I'll have 4 total lines with one Storm and three standard phones.

Do I have bargaining power on either the price of the Storm and/or the cost of other two new phones since I will be adding two additional lines?

Is it best to go into a store to negotiate or go through a tele-rep?

Any insights or tips will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    11-14-08 12:03 PM
    Hi. Help me make a switch from TMO worth it. I am out of contract so no issues there. I have very few service/dropped call problems with TMO, so no issues there. My wife and kids are TMO so the in network calling saves a lot of minutes. So here is the big issue - last year TMO upgraded my plan to 1,500 whenever minutes for $59.99. add $5 for texting and $20 for BB and I am at $84.99 plus taxes for 1,500 minutes and 200 texts. From what I see I'll pay over $150 for a similar plan on verizon just to get the Storm. Any advice?
    11-14-08 12:38 PM
    plans are pretty much set in stone...if you had no need for the unlimited text you could save some bucks by going to individual feature plans on each account.
    11-14-08 12:41 PM
    Any word of Verizon getting the Bold? I have the Curve but want the Bold and hate to switch to ATT
    11-14-08 07:43 PM
    Alright I have a quick question (sorta). I just got a replacement curve because I busted the trackball on my old curve. Got the new one Monday. It's Friday and the past couple days the "R" button has gotten harder and harder to use- I have to hit it 3-4 times in most cases to make it work. So I am going to call Verizon and tell them whats going on. My question is this: If I pay the difference of what I have paid toward both Curves will the consider allowing me to trade this Curve for a Storm? I know you can't give me a definite answer but I don't think my request is left field- just don't want to waste my time. Thanks!
    11-14-08 09:47 PM
    What's the limit that you can have billed to your account? It used to be $300.00 but i think it was changed to 250.00 last year. What is it now?
    11-14-08 09:54 PM
    Hi. Help me make a switch from TMO worth it. I am out of contract so no issues there. I have very few service/dropped call problems with TMO, so no issues there. My wife and kids are TMO so the in network calling saves a lot of minutes. So here is the big issue - last year TMO upgraded my plan to 1,500 whenever minutes for $59.99. add $5 for texting and $20 for BB and I am at $84.99 plus taxes for 1,500 minutes and 200 texts. From what I see I'll pay over $150 for a similar plan on verizon just to get the Storm. Any advice?
    Not really true. You can get unlimited calling, unlimited Blackberry data ( BES ), and unlimited text/picture/video messaging for $149.99. But, if you're worried about the money, why switch? It's just a phone.
    11-14-08 09:54 PM
    Any word of Verizon getting the Bold? I have the Curve but want the Bold and hate to switch to ATT
    Its coming 5/09. Codenamed Niagara.
    11-14-08 09:58 PM
    Alright I have a quick question (sorta). I just got a replacement curve because I busted the trackball on my old curve. Got the new one Monday. It's Friday and the past couple days the "R" button has gotten harder and harder to use- I have to hit it 3-4 times in most cases to make it work. So I am going to call Verizon and tell them whats going on. My question is this: If I pay the difference of what I have paid toward both Curves will the consider allowing me to trade this Curve for a Storm? I know you can't give me a definite answer but I don't think my request is left field- just don't want to waste my time. Thanks!
    If you're not eligible to upgrade, you won't be able to "trade" for a Storm. If your phone falls under warranty, they will send you another refurb Curve. If you have 2 replacements within 90 days, you may be offered a "trade" but the "trade" is always a comparable phone of same or lesser value. And the Curve is not comparable with the Storm, nor is the Storm going to be the same price as the Curve.
    11-14-08 09:58 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I just want to double check before I do it. I currently have a Sprint Curve (love the plan, hate the service). I am really interested in the storm, but would have to break contract with Sprint to get it.

My question is, would I be able to purchase the Storm, play with it for my 30day trial period (with another number), then if I wind up liking it (which I think I will), then port my number over once I make sure I like it?
    Yes, you can port in a number overtop of the Verizon wireless number you are given, even if it's 5 years later. Just know, if you don't like the Storm and you return it ( after 3 days and before 30 ), you will only get credit for the early termination fee. You will still have to pay the activation fee, and the plan that you signed up for during the time you have service and usage charges and overages, if you have them. If you return it before 3 days are over, you get credit for the early termination fee and activation fee, but still charged for the plan and usage.
    11-14-08 10:07 PM
    Yes, you can port in a number overtop of the Verizon wireless number you are given, even if it's 5 years later. Just know, if you don't like the Storm and you return it ( after 3 days and before 30 ), you will only get credit for the early termination fee. You will still have to pay the activation fee, and the plan that you signed up for during the time you have service and usage charges and overages, if you have them. If you return it before 3 days are over, you get credit for the early termination fee and activation fee, but still charged for the plan and usage.
    Then what about the test drive program? Verizon Wireless

Still looks valid to me!
    11-14-08 10:14 PM
    Then what about the test drive program? Verizon Wireless

Still looks valid to me!
    Read it, and you will see that you have to port your number out to be credited
    These are the charges that are, or are not, eligible for credit if you port your number to another wireless carrier within 30 days of activation:

Charges eligible for credit:

* Monthly Access for your Nationwide Plan1
    * Per-Minute charges after exceeding Anytime Minute Allowance on voice plans2
    * Federal Universal Service Fund surcharge
    * Administrative Charge surcharge
    * Regulatory Charge surcharge
    * Gross receipts taxes surcharge
    * Early Termination Fee3
    * All applicable taxes associated with the above charges

Charges that will remain your responsibility:

* Activation fee
    * Separately-billed data charges4
    * Supplemental services5
    * 411 Connect
    * Roaming charges
    * Separately-billed long distance charges6
    * Verizon Wireless surcharges7

If you port your number to another wireless carrier within 30 days of activation, it may take up to 60 days for all Test Drive credits to appear on your account. Any credit balance will be refunded to you within 4–6 weeks.
    Last edited by scurvydlicious; 11-14-08 at 10:24 PM.
    11-14-08 10:21 PM
    Read it, and you will see that you have to port your number out to be credited, and you only get credited for airtime, not data, nor overages.
    Thanks for the info! No need to go and quote the website after the fact. I'm quite capable of clicking on a link and reading it. I just didn't get the fine print section at first. Thanks though!
    Last edited by niubeav; 11-15-08 at 12:34 PM.
    11-14-08 10:23 PM
5,111 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD