View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 1234 ...
tools
    Strange. i haven't used the v-cast link in this thread. But i've been on the v-cast site and didn't give any info and can view v-cast videos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-21-08 at 01:03 PM.
    09-21-08 10:19 AM
    Ok, cool.

Maybe he was clicking on the thumbplay ad. That will take you to the thumbplay site and try to get you to sign up for 9.99 for their products.

The V-Cast site seems legit to me. It's even showing the same clips available on V-Cast phones. Would be an elaborate hoax.

But better safe than sorry!

09-21-08 10:32 AM
    Can a mod please look at yester18's link and either remove the post or something???

I have deleted all my post regard the mobile VCAST link. After doing some research I may have over reacted.

1. my apologies to yester18.

2. Question to Bramsy, why?

3. part of this is I have seen no offical info from VZW about this site, but I may have over looked or it is in testing as Video per phonescoop is coming.

4. chrisy if would be so kind to delete your post with a quote from me in it, would be appreciated.

Thank you
    09-21-08 11:28 AM
    Ok, cool.

Maybe he was clicking on the thumbplay ad. That will take you to the thumbplay site and try to get you to sign up for 9.99 for their products.

The V-Cast site seems legit to me. It's even showing the same clips available on V-Cast phones. Would be an elaborate hoax.

But better safe than sorry!

$ whois vcast.com

Registrant:
    Verizon Trademark Services LLC
    1320 North Court House Road
    Arlington VA 22201
    US
    domainlegalcontact@verizon.com +1.7033513164 Fax: +1.7033513669

Domain Name: vcast.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
    Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
    Registrar Homepage: MarkMonitor - Home

Administrative Contact:
    Domain Administrator
    Arlington VA 22201
    US
    domainlegalcontact@verizon.com +1.7033513164 Fax: +1.7033513669
    Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
    Domain Technician
    Verizon
    Arlington VA 22201
    US
    sysmgr@verizon.com +1.7033513164 Fax: +1.7033513669

Created on..............: 1996-06-23.
    Expires on..............: 2009-06-22.
    Record last updated on..: 2008-09-11.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns-dbln.verizonwireless.com
    ns-irvn.verizonwireless.com
    ns-orbg.verizonwireless.com
    09-21-08 11:33 AM
    kinda lost as to why things kind of turned. Anyone care to explain why, since the posts are deleted?
    09-21-08 12:05 PM
    Is it true that if you are the primary account holder on a family plan you can get the new every two every year?
    09-21-08 12:19 PM
    When I get my 8330 Curve next month, what OS version will it have? I know not the 4.5, but 4.3? Or even older?

Thanks.
    More then likely it will have 4.3, but then you can upgrade it to 4.5 yourself..

Is it true that if you are the primary account holder on a family plan you can get the new every two every year?

Yes.

The primary line get the NE2 discount. but the add on lines can get the 2 year discount, but not the extra 100
    09-21-08 12:23 PM
    That is NOT true the name is "new every TWO" not new every ONE the primary on the account is eligable for an annual upgrade and a discounted price. You will loose your $50 - $100 discount if you were to upgrade before the NE2 date.

Last edited by amusick; 09-21-08 at 04:01 PM.
    09-21-08 12:27 PM
    I'm not sure that I totally understand or if I was not clear. You are saying that I can get the ne2 every year? I don't really care about the other lines just my primary line.

09-21-08 12:28 PM
    Ok thatk you. One more question when I look online at my account it does not say I am up for a new phone until my two years is up. Will vzw change this when I call them.

09-21-08 12:30 PM
    That is not tru the name is "new every TWO" not every ONE the primary on the account is eligable for an annual upgrade

According to the Verizon Website you CAN upgrade your phone each year at it's "promotional price." Of course this would not be eligible for the New Every Two discounts.

Here is how it reads from the Verizon Site:

How is my upgrade price calculated?
    By extending your contract, you may qualify for a discounted price, depending on when you last purchased a new phone at a discounted price, and your contract term.
    - Customers on a one-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after 10 months.
    - Customers on a two-year contract may upgrade at a discounted price after just 20 months.
    Plus, if you're currently enrolled in our New Every Two program*, you will be eligible for an additional discount with a two-year contract extension.
    You may always choose to upgrade without extending your contract at full retail price.

Annual Upgrade available for My Account customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Account every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

New Every Two Program*
    If you enrolled in the program prior to February 5, 2006 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will be eligible for a free phone up to $100, or a credit of up to $100 toward a more expensive phone, when you become eligible for your next New Every Two upgrade (after which time you will be enrolled in the $50/$100 New Every Two program described below).

If you enrolled in the program on February 5, 2006 or after you will qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan. If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $100.00 toward the purchase of a new phone. If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of a new phone.
    09-21-08 12:32 PM
    I have deleted all my post regard the mobile VCAST link. After doing some research I may have over reacted.

1. my apologies to yester18.

2. Question to Bramsy, why?

3. part of this is I have seen no offical info from VZW about this site, but I may have over looked or it is in testing as Video per phonescoop is coming.

4. chrisy if would be so kind to delete your post with a quote from me in it, would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Lastraid, i edited my posts that had quotes from you. Please let me know if i got them all. i don't have computer access at the moment so i can't delete posts. If you want to email me i will give you my login info and you can go edit or delete what you need.

Last edited by chrisy520; 09-22-08 at 06:10 AM.
    09-21-08 01:07 PM
    Naw thats okay. I PM yester18 and explained. Thanks for the update
    09-21-08 01:11 PM
    Ok thatk you. One more question when I look online at my account it does not say I am up for a new phone until my two years is up. Will vzw change this when I call them.

Just keep in mind that the primary line is only eligible for annual upgrade if you are enrolled in my verizon. The online status will only reflect the elgibility after the one year anniversity date. You can call cs to get the date.
    09-21-08 03:05 PM

The dates for your upgrade should be the same in the store as they are online. Not always will they change them when you call in. You have to keep a $59.99 or higher price plan for I think 6 months to get a upgrade yearly and you have to wait 20 months to use your NE2. hope this helps
    09-21-08 04:04 PM
    I want to thank all the VZW reps helping me out with this post. It is alot of work to stay on top of things. If you could send me an email or a BB Messanger request so we could share info and make sure we give them (the people that post) the correct info. thanks
    09-21-08 04:47 PM
    Regarding the removal of the messaging receipts (not being able to tell if a message was delivered). Why are they removing this??

Thanks.
    09-21-08 05:06 PM
    This is being done to make the network more effecient. If you think about all the litte d's being passed back and forth between 67+ million customers. there is an effect. See other threads about this subject if you would like to voice your concern about this.
    09-21-08 05:08 PM
    I heard that today VZW is starting to allow month to month service. I know you have supply your own device or pay full retail for one. Do you have details on this?
    its just that

if you want to go month to month you bring your own device or pay retail for one. nothin much to explain.
    09-21-08 06:24 PM
    I want to thank all the VZW reps helping me out with this post. It is alot of work to stay on top of things. If you could send me an email or a BB Messanger request so we could share info and make sure we give them (the people that post) the correct info. thanks
    Thanks so much for doing this-I know that it is easy for people to take their frustrations out on you. Personally, I chose Verizon because it offers the best service and coverage. Getting a Blackberry was secondary (originally). Now, I am as addicted as everyone else.

I hope once 4.5 is officially released, things will go easier for us than it has for so many others. I have chosen to wait to avoid all of the "bugs".
    09-21-08 06:36 PM
    Thanks so much for doing this-I know that it is easy for people to take their frustrations out on you. Personally, I chose Verizon because it offers the best service and coverage. Getting a Blackberry was secondary (originally). Now, I am as addicted as everyone else.

I hope once 4.5 is officially released, things will go easier for us than it has for so many others. I have chosen to wait to avoid all of the "bugs".
    I've had 4.5 for awhile now. Haven't found anything wrong with it. I hope you aren't pushed away by others mistakes.
    09-22-08 01:52 AM
    I'm a Verizon Customer.

I've also switched to 4.5. I want to get a replacement phone due to the fact my Curve has some physical disabilities.

If a customer switched to the 4.d OS, can they still get a replacement curve under warranty?

09-22-08 02:22 AM
    I'm a Verizon Customer.

I've also switched to 4.5. I want to get a replacement phone due to the fact my Curve has some physical disabilities.

If a customer switched to the 4.d OS, can they still get a replacement curve under warranty?

What I would do is switch it back to the os that verizon has. I don't think there will be a problem if its a physical defect. Go to vzw.com/data and download the os then call it into tech support

09-22-08 04:08 AM
    I'm also a CSR for Verizon Wirless, in a retail channel rather than a call center.

I would be happy to help with any questions too!!

09-22-08 07:10 AM
    As far as the OS updates go...I look at it much like a computer. If its not broke...don't fix it! Lol

My OS has worked perfectly, so I would definitely not want to possibly jeopardize it by updating it. So if you really don't need the 4.5...don't update it this is all completely just an opinion and not really advice

09-22-08 09:58 AM
5,111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD