View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    What you are probably eligible for now is your Annual Upgrade, because normally you can get your NE2 4 months before your contract end date. I am not sure about LTE rollout, I know there was a timeline leaked somewhere but I can't remember where.
    Can you use your annual upgrade for an iphone 4?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 06:07 PM
    Can you use your annual upgrade for an iphone 4?

Yes you can.

01-29-11 06:26 PM
    I emailed VZW through my account and they said I have to pay full retail price to get a new device. Would I be better off going to my local store?
    So does this mean you're not the Primary or on a Single line plan? If they told you were not eligible then you're not. Did they say when?

01-29-11 06:28 PM
    So does this mean you're not the Primary or on a Single line plan? If they told you were not eligible then you're not. Did they say when?

I'm the primary on a single line plan. My Verizon says March 2012 but I thought it'd be worth trying to get something sooner than later.
    01-29-11 06:29 PM
    i have a 9650. i am going to upgrade and get an android phone. i am going to use my moms upgrade to get it so technically she is updating to an android phone. my question is after she upgrades and i activate her phone on my line, can she use my bb with the data plan she has to get for android? i dont want her to have to pay for 2 plans or have to pay an etf, so basically can you use a bb on the data plan for android?
    01-31-11 08:04 AM
    You will be able to pre-order the phone whenever, the phone will be sent out on a first come, first serve basis. So no matter when you order it you will get it based upon availability and the your place in line.
    So, assuming, thus, that I hop on at 3am, is there anyway to tell if you were in the first "lot" of inventory?
    01-31-11 09:28 AM
    So, assuming, thus, that I hop on at 3am, is there anyway to tell if you were in the first "lot" of inventory?
    No. And neither will CS. You will know when you get the phone because you will be sent an email notification.
    01-31-11 11:28 AM
    i have a 9650. i am going to upgrade and get an android phone. i am going to use my moms upgrade to get it so technically she is updating to an android phone. my question is after she upgrades and i activate her phone on my line, can she use my bb with the data plan she has to get for android? i dont want her to have to pay for 2 plans or have to pay an etf, so basically can you use a bb on the data plan for android?
    I think there's actually 2 different data plans between BB and Droid. When I was shopping my account for a Droid, it required me to change my plan for the Droid data plan versus BB.
    02-01-11 12:30 PM
    I'm so confused. I just went onto Newegg.com and looked at their Droid X and they claim I can extend my contract and get the X for $79.99. Is that possible?
    02-01-11 12:38 PM
    I'm so confused. I just went onto Newegg.com and looked at their Droid X and they claim I can extend my contract and get the X for $79.99. Is that possible?
    Are you eligible for an upgrade? If so, than yes. A third party retailer can list the phone at whatever price they want....

Make sure you read all the fine print about Newegg's terms and conditions. The only 3rd party retailer that has the same return policy and no extra cancelation fees is Best Buy. Most retailers have their own cancelation fee if you cancel service within the first six months of the new contract. So read what you sign.
    02-01-11 03:11 PM
    I think there's actually 2 different data plans between BB and Droid. When I was shopping my account for a Droid, it required me to change my plan for the Droid data plan versus BB.
    That is correct. Android and the iPhone use Unlimited data fir smart phones and BlackBerry has a different feature code for unlimited BlackBerry Internet service or BlackBerry enterprise services.
    02-01-11 03:14 PM
    Are you eligible for an upgrade? If so, than yes. A third party retailer can list the phone at whatever price they want....

Make sure you read all the fine print about Newegg's terms and conditions. The only 3rd party retailer that has the same return policy and no extra cancelation fees is Best Buy. Most retailers have their own cancelation fee if you cancel service within the first six months of the new contract. So read what you sign.
    Got it, thanks. I think I'm just stuck where I'm at for now.
    02-01-11 03:58 PM
    I've been a Verizon customer for ten years but I've finally had it with their customer service, price gouging, and horrible plans so I'm considering switching. Sprint was my main option but with their $10 premium charge on data plans now, the savings I'd have with Sprint have been eliminated, so I'm back to paying as much as I am with Verizon.

At this point I would consider staying with Verizon if they would give me some perks to stay. If I go into my Verizon store and try to haggle on getting a text plan for free or maybe a cheaper price on the phone will I get anywhere or are store reps programmed to push the company plans and prices strictly>
    02-02-11 03:23 AM
    I've been a Verizon customer for ten years but I've finally had it with their customer service, price gouging, and horrible plans so I'm considering switching. Sprint was my main option but with their $10 premium charge on data plans now, the savings I'd have with Sprint have been eliminated, so I'm back to paying as much as I am with Verizon.

At this point I would consider staying with Verizon if they would give me some perks to stay. If I go into my Verizon store and try to haggle on getting a text plan for free or maybe a cheaper price on the phone will I get anywhere or are store reps programmed to push the company plans and prices strictly>
    I would call VZW and have them review your account. This will assure you on a the right plans for your needs. If you are, then the perks you are asking for most likely not going to happen. If you had posted this a few days ago and use less than 150 MB, then you could have saved on the data plan, but promo just expired.

Good luck
    02-02-11 06:45 AM

You don't deserve anything special, if there was some sort of offer that they could give you, I'm sure they would. Why would they give something to you they don't offer to everyone else? What makes you so special above the other millions of customers?
    02-03-11 02:03 PM
    You don't deserve anything special, if there was some sort of offer that they could give you, I'm sure they would. Why would they give something to you they don't offer to everyone else? What makes you so special above the other millions of customers?

You don't work in customer service, do you?
    02-03-11 07:11 PM
    You don't work in customer service, do you?
    No. Tech Support.

So does this mean you feel you should get something above and beyond what every customer gets? That doesn't seem right to me? It's more fair for every other customer to get the same treatment as opposed to one getting something that no one else can. Is their business not as important as yours? Why should you get something free when they have to pay for it? That's what my point is. I do believe they can work something out with you but like I said you don't deserve anything special.
    02-03-11 08:01 PM
    No. Tech Support.
    I'm shocked. Really, I am.

No, I don't expect special treatment but when customers usually have bad experiences with a business, that business will try to ease that customers experience with a gift certificate or maybe a coupon, something to get that customer to come back and try their product or service again.

That's where I'm at with Verizon. I cannot remember the last time where I've spoken with a Verizon rep and not been misled, misinformed, or flat out lied to. I'm tired of their **** poor offering for phones and I'm tired of their "We're Verizon, we do what we want" attitude.

As I said I was deadset on a switch to Sprint. However Sprints premium fee has erased any cost savings I would from switching therefore I'm reconsidering it. Now I'm not looking for a free phone or hundreds of free extra minutes. The only additional service I'd get from Sprint now is unlimited texting. I would be ecstatic and happily stay if Verizon offered me unlimited texting at no charge but I know they won't because quite frankly, they don't have to. They don't care about my measly family account because they'll have thousands of new iPhone subscribers to take my place.
    02-04-11 01:52 AM
    I'm shocked. Really, I am.
    I could care less.

No, I don't expect special treatment but when customers usually have bad experiences with a business, that business will try to ease that customers experience with a gift certificate or maybe a coupon, something to get that customer to come back and try their product or service again.
    Yes you do.

That's where I'm at with Verizon. I cannot remember the last time where I've spoken with a Verizon rep and not been misled, misinformed, or flat out lied to. I'm tired of their **** poor offering for phones and I'm tired of their "We're Verizon, we do what we want" attitude.
    If you hate it that much leave.
    And poor phone offerings? They have the largest selection of smartphones and a selection of non-smartphones available as well. Or are you one of those people that wants the Torch?

As I said I was deadset on a switch to Sprint. However Sprints premium fee has erased any cost savings I would from switching therefore I'm reconsidering it. Now I'm not looking for a free phone or hundreds of free extra minutes. The only additional service I'd get from Sprint now is unlimited texting. I would be ecstatic and happily stay if Verizon offered me unlimited texting at no charge but I know they won't because quite frankly, they don't have to. They don't care about my measly family account because they'll have thousands of new iPhone subscribers to take my place.
    If you get additional features and do not have to pay more and you are so unhappy with your recent experience, I say go.

But again, you still want something for nothing and since no other customer gets that, I hope you are not setting yourself up for disappointment. Because now, you have convinced yourself that you "deserve" this and when it doesn't happen you will be upset again and whine some more.
    02-04-11 10:21 AM
    And this is why some people are meant to interact with people and some are meant to interact with machines.

Stick with tech support, bro.
    02-04-11 01:47 PM
    And this is why some people are meant to interact with people and some are meant to interact with machines.

I do customer support and support everything supermario said. You are demanding something for nothing and then denying it.

Reminds me of the best comment I've ever read online about verizon...
    "Verizon could give away free ponies and people would still complain 'OMG this isn't even a real horse'."

02-04-11 02:39 PM
    I do customer support and support everything supermario said. You are demanding something for nothing and then denying it.

Reminds me of the best comment I've ever read online about verizon...
    "Verizon could give away free ponies and people would still complain 'OMG this isn't even a real horse'."

Nothing describes Verizon's customer service perfectly. I'm already getting nothing.
    02-04-11 08:50 PM

HAHAHAHA "Bro"! Talking to you is liking talking to a wall....a stupid wall. If you don't get what I was getting at, I will not explain it again.

Nothing describes Verizon's customer service perfectly. I'm already getting nothing.
    You pay for nothing? I wonder what that makes you if you pay for nothing.

Whatever happens to you "bro", I hope you get exactly what you deserve.
    02-05-11 12:11 AM
    HAHAHAHA "Bro"! Talking to you is liking talking to a wall....a stupid wall. If you don't get what I was getting at, I will not explain it again.
    I got exactly what you said the first time. I didn't need nor want you to explain it a second time. People like are whats wrong with the mobile phone business. Providers need to stop acting like the consumer is doing them a favor by using their service. Consumers are paying for a quality service and that includes CUSTOMER SERVICE. Verizon is the poorest of all except for coverage. Sprint has made larger inroads during my last two years with Verizon and they still are cheaper on a plan by plan basis, so same service, cheaper prices, it's time for Verizon to do THE CONSUMER a favor and do what they can to keep his or her business.

Unless you just like shiny object, which a man of your IQ level is sure to, then you just got the iPhone for VZW so you're good to go.
    02-05-11 06:49 PM
    I'm tired of their **** poor offering for phones and I'm tired of their "We're Verizon, we do what we want" attitude.
    Why are you threatening to leave over poor customer service, but you are going to stay because Sprint is no cheaper. You have clearly stated that you are fine with inferior phones(in your opinion), and poor customer service in exchange for some free texting.

I would be ecstatic and happily stay if Verizon offered me unlimited texting at no charge

As I said I was deadset on a switch to Sprint. However Sprints premium fee has erased any cost savings I would from switching therefore I'm reconsidering it.
    If the service is the same, the cost is the same, in your opinion Sprint has better phones, and Sprints customer service is as great as you say it is, the obvious choice here is to switch to Sprint.

From the looks of things, this is less about you being a satisfied customer and more about you are wanting something for free.

BTW I am not a VZW employee. In all honesty I am not even very happy with them at the moment, as I just had a very rough month with them with problems on both my accounts. I went through 3 bad refurbs out of the box, my credits were not applied properly, and my other line was approved for an upgrade 9 days early but denied the NE2 credit. I have spent many hours on the phone with the CSRs trying to sort it all out. I have dealt with some extremely incompetent CSRs and I have dealt with some fantastic ones as well. The bad reps gave me the run around and refused to listen or help. I hung up and called back until I got a helpful knowledgeable rep. When I got a good rep I was told that the credit may take up to 2 billing cycles to be applied(no biggie but if I had been told up front initially it would have been a non issue). The next helpful rep got my NE2 straightened out. The line with all the bad refurbs was the hardest, I finally got a rep who looked through all the notes, knew about the known issues with the phone and offered me a comparable model to get me a trouble free phone. I just renewed one line for 2 more years as my wife has had a trouble free experience and she wanted a Fascinate. I on the other hand am undecided as to whether or not I will renew.
    02-05-11 07:45 PM
5,111 ... 197198199200201 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD