View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    My daughter is going on a mission trip to Puerto Rico and has a LG Env3. What I can't figure out is will her phone work there. I don't know what kind of network Verizon (if there is a Verizon in Puerto Rico, if it is CDMA or GSM.

Any info appreciated . . .
    There is service there. I would recommend that you call Global Support to make sure her phone is ready because I can not remember off hand if it requires iDial or not but its better if you check. You can reach them at 1-800-711-8300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Blackfeet likes this.
    01-14-11 02:37 PM
    There is service there. I would recommend that you call Global Support to make sure her phone is ready because I can not remember off hand if it requires iDial or not but its better if you check. You can reach them at 1-800-711-8300.

Thanks for the info and the number! I had no idea . . .
    01-14-11 09:36 PM
    i called to make sure it was possible, my mom has her annual upgrade with the $20 fee available so i am going to make use of that since i am not upgradeable. i just wanted to make surei can biill it to the account so she gets to pay not me. from what i heard they are doing away with annual upgrades but the rep i talked to on the phone said if you have one now you can use it and they are doing away with them in march
    I think that rep misinformed you, it's January 16th now that they will do away with Upgrades all together.

More info here: smartmoney-hello-iphone-goodbye-upgrades: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance
    01-14-11 10:50 PM
    What is the latest on releasing OS 6 for the Curve 3G?
    01-15-11 11:00 AM
    No word. Sprint's 6.0.0.415 build is pretty solid.

01-15-11 03:10 PM
    According to my profile on Verizon's website, my upgrade/contract are up at the end of April. Do I have to upgrade to a new device at that time? Do I have to renew (I will stay w/ VZW) at this time...? If I do renew, do my contract terms/pricing change or will my pricing stay the same and the contract date extended 2 years? Do I have any incentives/upgrades available to me if I hold out on upgrading my device until a later time, but resign a contract?

Just wondering
    01-17-11 11:51 PM
    According to my profile on Verizon's website, my upgrade/contract are up at the end of April. Do I have to upgrade to a new device at that time? Do I have to renew (I will stay w/ VZW) at this time...? If I do renew, do my contract terms/pricing change or will my pricing stay the same and the contract date extended 2 years? Do I have any incentives/upgrades available to me if I hold out on upgrading my device until a later time, but resign a contract?

Just wondering
    The dates for the end of your contract and upgrade eligibility are usually four months off. You are eligible to upgrade at the 2 year promotional pricing at 20 months (four months beforeyour contract ends). If you decide on not using your upgrade and your contract is over, you are placed on month to month service....meaning you can leave Verizon at any tine for any reason to another carrier without occurring any early termination fees.

If you do use the upgrade, you also agree to extend your contract another year if not 2 depending on what type of contract length you decide on. The discount on equipment pricing is better if you agree to a two year contract. Yu or icing plan remains the same as long as you don't leave Verizon. You can't resign a contract without getting new equipment. That would be pointless.

You can hold on to your upgrade for however long you want. you should (depending on your plans pricing) be eligible for a New Every Two credit which ranges from 30 to 50 dollars Towards a new phone.
    01-19-11 12:19 PM
    my NE2 was due in December. It's true that if I don't use it in 6 months I get ZERO credit toward a new phone? How can they screw me like that?
    01-28-11 08:23 AM
    my NE2 was due in December. It's true that if I don't use it in 6 months I get ZERO credit toward a new phone? How can they screw me like that?
    Completely incorrect. Yet another reason the NE2 program was discontinued: People don't understand how it works.

01-28-11 10:18 AM
    Completely incorrect. Yet another reason the NE2 program was discontinued: People don't understand how it works.

I made another thread in this forum asking the same question and they said it's true.

So can you explain it to me?

I was under the impression that I've earned my upgrade and I can use it at my discretion, 7 months from now if I wanted to.
    01-28-11 11:05 AM
    I made another thread in this forum asking the same question and they said it's true.

So can you explain it to me?

I was under the impression that I've earned my upgrade and I can use it at my discretion, 7 months from now if I wanted to.
    Exactly correct. Upgrade and NE2 are not the same thing though.

RyMac04 likes this.
    01-28-11 11:09 AM
    Exactly correct. Upgrade and NE2 are not the same thing though.

So basically I have the upgrade for as long as I want, but I lose the NE2 credit in 6 months?
    01-28-11 11:15 AM
    So basically I have the upgrade for as long as I want, but I lose the NE2 credit in 6 months?
    YES!

As stated in the FAQ's on the website-

New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term.
    01-28-11 11:22 AM
    6.0.0.431 is avaiable for download via DM or wireless update.
    01-29-11 10:10 AM
    My Verizon contract end date and NE2 dates don't seem to coincide, is that common? MY VERIZON says I am eligible for an upgrade now (I am almost all the way to the 6 month mark from 24 month starting point) though my contract end date is 1/21/12.

Assuming I am eligible for an upgrade now, can this upgrade be used for an iphone 4?

Also, I'm in Portsmouth NH (about 1 hour from Boston). I can't remember where Boston is on the LTE Rollout schedule, but will my region be covered when Boston receives LTE?

Thanks so much.

01-29-11 01:55 PM
    Here's one for any VZW reps that might have this info.....

The preorder window for the iPhone starts at 3am on the 3rd. Ugh. What is the likelohood that the preorder inventory is large enough that a logon at 5 or 6am still gets my wife one?
    01-29-11 02:25 PM
    I have an iphone 4 16gb throught AT&T and not quite a year into contract. I have one line with Verizon for my daughter. I thought this would be a great opportunity to bring MY # back to Verizon since I really do like my iphone but what options will I have? Will I be able to port back and what kind of credit will I get? I will still be responsible for the ETF from AT&T so it doesn't seem like a win win situation but I thought I would ask.
    01-29-11 03:22 PM
    I've got 13 months remaining until I'm eligible for an upgrade. Is it possible for me to renew my contract for another 2 years to receive discounted prices on a new device?
    01-29-11 04:32 PM
    My Verizon contract end date and NE2 dates don't seem to coincide, is that common? MY VERIZON says I am eligible for an upgrade now (I am almost all the way to the 6 month mark from 24 month starting point) though my contract end date is 1/21/12.

Assuming I am eligible for an upgrade now, can this upgrade be used for an iphone 4?

Also, I'm in Portsmouth NH (about 1 hour from Boston). I can't remember where Boston is on the LTE Rollout schedule, but will my region be covered when Boston receives LTE?

Thanks so much.

What you are probably eligible for now is your Annual Upgrade, because normally you can get your NE2 4 months before your contract end date. I am not sure about LTE rollout, I know there was a timeline leaked somewhere but I can't remember where.
    01-29-11 04:59 PM
    Here's one for any VZW reps that might have this info.....

The preorder window for the iPhone starts at 3am on the 3rd. Ugh. What is the likelohood that the preorder inventory is large enough that a logon at 5 or 6am still gets my wife one?
    You will be able to pre-order the phone whenever, the phone will be sent out on a first come, first serve basis. So no matter when you order it you will get it based upon availability and the your place in line.
    01-29-11 05:01 PM
    I have an iphone 4 16gb throught AT&T and not quite a year into contract. I have one line with Verizon for my daughter. I thought this would be a great opportunity to bring MY # back to Verizon since I really do like my iphone but what options will I have? Will I be able to port back and what kind of credit will I get? I will still be responsible for the ETF from AT&T so it doesn't seem like a win win situation but I thought I would ask.
    I am not sure how much your ETF is but you can go to www.vzw.com/tradein and have VzW buy your phone from you. Your current device is selling for 212.00. That should cover most of your ETF if not all. Porting your number is easy and can be done when you get your new phone and service by adding a line to your existing account.
    01-29-11 05:05 PM
    I've got 13 months remaining until I'm eligible for an upgrade. Is it possible for me to renew my contract for another 2 years to receive discounted prices on a new device?
    If you are on a Single line plan or the Primary on a Familyshare plan you would be eligible for an Early upgrade. But this would be the last time, as they have taken away early upgrades. You should be able to see if you are eligible by going to your My Verizon account.
    01-29-11 05:07 PM
    the verizon rep said going to OS 6.0 would not delete any of my content

now i cannot locate any of the previously sent or recieved MMS in my phone
    SMS is all still there

where can i locate them? there was stuff i would have saved if the guy hadnt told me nothing would be compromised..
    01-29-11 05:14 PM
    the verizon rep said going to OS 6.0 would not delete any of my content

now i cannot locate any of the previously sent or recieved MMS in my phone
    SMS is all still there

where can i locate them? there was stuff i would have saved if the guy hadnt told me nothing would be compromised..
    It always a good idea to back-up your data anytime you do something to a phone/computer. If the data is gone from the phone and you have no back-up of it, it's gone.
    01-29-11 05:22 PM
    If you are on a Single line plan or the Primary on a Familyshare plan you would be eligible for an Early upgrade. But this would be the last time, as they have taken away early upgrades. You should be able to see if you are eligible by going to your My Verizon account.
    I emailed VZW through my account and they said I have to pay full retail price to get a new device. Would I be better off going to my local store?
    01-29-11 06:05 PM
5,111 ... 196197198199200 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD