View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Each line starts with 175. They are reduced 5 a month. You've completed 17 months of your contract. So 17 x 5 = 85 dollars of each ETF. So you owe 90 per line if you cancel and port to another carrier. So 90 x 3 = 180 that you'll owe in total if you port out.
    90x3 is 270...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 07:49 PM
    90x3 is 270...

Ha ha ha....thanks. Obviously I was tired.
    01-02-11 11:34 PM
    That means even when I reach the expired date of my contract, I still own VZW $50 for each line? (24 x 5 = 120) ? Really ?
    01-03-11 11:06 AM
    If you cancelled in the last month of your contract you would still have an etf, otherwise no.

01-03-11 11:58 AM
    That means even when I reach the expired date of my contract, I still own VZW $50 for each line? (24 x 5 = 120) ? Really ?
    Yep, kind of sucks...but there has to be a penalty for leaving a contract even if it's a month early.
    01-03-11 07:00 PM
    Oh thanks guys, I will have to wait until the day after my contract expired date to port my # out >__<
    01-04-11 04:26 PM
    Verizon has already created tiered data plans (150MB for 15 dollars). From prior experience with ATT's data plans, if you had unlimited, you could keep unlimited...even with an upgrade to another smartphone. BUT, new customers or customers upgrading from a feature phone to a smartphone were not even offered the unlimited. So I would guess Verizon (when and if it happens) will follow those rules. If you have it, you can keep it.

Ok, just want to clarify.

I have an unlimited email-web plan with my Blackberry Tour. My speaker is going out so I wanted to see what other phones may be available through Verizon without changing my plan.

However when I go through the website & list phones compatible with my plan- NONE of them are smart phones.
    This is confusing to me.
    ?
    01-07-11 12:00 PM
    Oh just dug a little further & saw that since voice is billed separately from data, the unlimited is still available. Only phones with html however are Droids.
    01-07-11 12:26 PM
    ok, so i have an account and my mom has an account. NOT A FAMILY PLAN. can she transfer me her upgrade eligibility? or is that only on family plans?
    01-10-11 12:50 PM
    ok, so i have an account and my mom has an account. NOT A FAMILY PLAN. can she transfer me her upgrade eligibility? or is that only on family plans?
    No, but you can have her buy the device and activate it on her account. You can then activate it on your account and she can reactivate her old device. If you have issues with the device on your account and are still under warranty, activate the phone back on your mom's account. If you do not, Verizon will consider the device as "user supplied equipment" and likely not be of much help. Did this in October 09 with my girlfriend's account to get an S2.
    01-10-11 01:15 PM
    I am eligible for a Annual Upgrade now, will I be grandfathered until I use it? Or will I lose it when the program is cancelled on the 16th?
    01-10-11 03:44 PM
    Okay so my dad had a stroke a few weeks ago and has been hospitalized since and his name is on the account for Verizon I'm pretty sure because he pays the bills every month. He cannot speak so my mom's getting guardianship for him so she control bank accounts, be his medical proxy, etc. For my question, I was wondering if I wanted to get a new phone, could I? I've been eligible for an upgrade but I'm not sure if I need him to be there or have his authorization for me to get it. For example, could I walk in there myself (I know the password to the account) and get a new phone without him being with me. I know that my mom tried to get a cable box at Comcast and they told her she could not because my dad's name is on the account.
    01-10-11 08:22 PM
    I am eligible for a Annual Upgrade now, will I be grandfathered until I use it? Or will I lose it when the program is cancelled on the 16th?
    You will be grandfathered.

01-10-11 08:41 PM
    Okay so my dad had a stroke a few weeks ago and has been hospitalized since and his name is on the account for Verizon I'm pretty sure because he pays the bills every month. He cannot speak so my mom's getting guardianship for him so she control bank accounts, be his medical proxy, etc. For my question, I was wondering if I wanted to get a new phone, could I? I've been eligible for an upgrade but I'm not sure if I need him to be there or have his authorization for me to get it. For example, could I walk in there myself (I know the password to the account) and get a new phone without him being with me. I know that my mom tried to get a cable box at Comcast and they told her she could not because my dad's name is on the account.
    If you or your mom are already on the account then yes. If not hut mom will neeto send in power of attorney, then she will have access to authorize it.

01-10-11 08:44 PM
    I have had VZW visual voice mail for a while now and a few moths ago - all of a sudden - the contact name of the person leaving me a voicemail stopped showing up in the list of messages in the application - even when I have them saved in the contact list on my phone. I have tried everything (aside contacting Verizon since its such a hassle) to figure out why only the telephone numbers of people leaving me voice messages aren't showing up in my visual voicemail. Do you know how I can adjust my settings or anything else I could do to have my contact names show up again? I had decided that I wasn't going to worry about it - but it has been months since this started up and it's really bothering me now. Thank you in advance for all of your help!
    01-11-11 08:39 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/un...e-deal-547551/

So I called and the lady I spoke to said i couldn't get the promo bla bla bla. I told her i got th email 2-3 months ago(which we did). She says cant be, we just started this last month..I laughed. and said so how did I get the email then?

But she keeps saying she cant do it, I told her to give me a supervisor, she puts me on hold come back ANGRY and says okay we will do it now as a exception but you will never get any more exceptions credits or payments no more.

I said WTF are you talking about, the only credits i got is because VZW screwed up something and I'm not asking for a exception now, I'm asking for what u emailed me..

She still is upset and angry I can tell, maybe her boss told her to do give me the promo and she didnt want to.

Anyway she said she is noting my account so that i never get no exceptions payment plans credits no more.

I will be complaining soon to her boss or somebody higher up at VZW. i got her rep ID and name.

Who do i complain to. For her red flag my account because she was angry her boss made her do her job is just crazy...
    01-12-11 01:05 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/un...e-deal-547551/

So I called and the lady I spoke to said i couldn't get the promo bla bla bla. I told her i got th email 2-3 months ago(which we did). She says cant be, we just started this last month..I laughed. and said so how did I get the email then?

But she keeps saying she cant do it, I told her to give me a supervisor, she puts me on hold come back ANGRY and says okay we will do it now as a exception but you will never get any more exceptions credits or payments no more.

I said WTF are you talking about, the only credits i got is because VZW screwed up something and I'm not asking for a exception now, I'm asking for what u emailed me..

She still is upset and angry I can tell, maybe her boss told her to do give me the promo and she didnt want to.

Anyway she said she is noting my account so that i never get no exceptions payment plans credits no more.

I will be complaining soon to her boss or somebody higher up at VZW. i got her rep ID and name.

Who do i complain to. For her red flag my account because she was angry her boss made her do her job is just crazy...
    Luckily, when I have had trouble with a rude rep, I opted for the survey and a supervisor called me back. But try to get a hold of customer executive relations. They have been extremely helpful for me a times.
    01-12-11 10:21 PM
    Luckily, when I have had trouble with a rude rep, I opted for the survey and a supervisor called me back. But try to get a hold of customer executive relations. They have been extremely helpful for me a times.
    I have actually come across accounts that are noted by a previous rep "NO CREDITS" or "CUSTOMER IS RUDE". I just ignore those or delete them. That is unprofessional.
    markhunsaker likes this.
    01-12-11 11:00 PM
    I have actually come across accounts that are noted by a previous rep "NO CREDITS" or "CUSTOMER IS RUDE". I just ignore those or delete them. That is unprofessional.
    My wife works for Qwest, and she said the same thing. It is unprofessional. Although, being rude to the rep is also uncalled for.
    01-12-11 11:47 PM
    My wife works for Qwest, and she said the same thing. It is unprofessional. Although, being rude to the rep is also uncalled for.
    I don't tolerate that one bit. But people are not always rude and angry. No need to keep a permanent mark on the account. And I will give a credit if I damn well please...lol.
    01-12-11 11:50 PM
    when i buy my new cellphone, can i charge it to my account so it will show up on my next bill rather then pay with a credit card? i am on a family plan and it is a gift so i dont want to use my credit card
    01-14-11 08:51 AM
    when i buy my new cellphone, can i charge it to my account so it will show up on my next bill rather then pay with a credit card? i am on a family plan and it is a gift so i dont want to use my credit card
    It is possible...but if you are eligible is another thing. You may have to call to find out. Unless you just go through the motions on the website and see if it lets you. You will get the option to "Bill to Account" on the payment screen of your order.
    alupo790 likes this.
    01-14-11 09:34 AM
    It is possible...but if you are eligible is another thing. You may have to call to find out. Unless you just go through the motions on the website and see if it lets you. You will get the option to "Bill to Account" on the payment screen of your order.
    i called to make sure it was possible, my mom has her annual upgrade with the $20 fee available so i am going to make use of that since i am not upgradeable. i just wanted to make surei can biill it to the account so she gets to pay not me. from what i heard they are doing away with annual upgrades but the rep i talked to on the phone said if you have one now you can use it and they are doing away with them in march
    01-14-11 09:44 AM
    My daughter is going on a mission trip to Puerto Rico and has a LG Env3. What I can't figure out is will her phone work there. I don't know what kind of network Verizon (if there is a Verizon in Puerto Rico, if it is CDMA or GSM.

Any info appreciated . . .
    01-14-11 12:00 PM
    i called to make sure it was possible, my mom has her annual upgrade with the $20 fee available so i am going to make use of that since i am not upgradeable. i just wanted to make surei can biill it to the account so she gets to pay not me. from what i heard they are doing away with annual upgrades but the rep i talked to on the phone said if you have one now you can use it and they are doing away with them in march
    They are doing away with them. But if you are currently eligible you will remain so until you sign a new contract.

01-14-11 02:34 PM
5,111 ... 195196197198199 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD