View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Ok, I've got a question for ya...

I'm using a Droid X right now. I also have a Storm 2 that looks like might get swapped out for a Bold. I'm wondering what kind of process is it for me to switch phones, and do so frequently? Do I just have to dial *228 whenever I want to switch? And does this have any effect on data packages? I thought there might be different ones for BlackBerries and Droids, but I'm obviously on the $29.99 unlimited plan. For some reason I really wanna use a BlackBerry some days and a Droid on the others.

Thanks for your help.
    Even though thy are the same price you will see proration in charges. Your bill will be an absolute mess. Yes you can switch either online or using the *228 option. But it will create a mess on your bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 04:58 PM
    You also have to log in to the BIS or the Email Settings and change the device there as well in order to get the data switched over.
    I'm assuming this is in response to me? So basically I just have to dial *228 and then log in to my email settings and I can easily switch over? And it'll have no effect on anything else and I can do it often?

Thanks for your help.
    10-24-10 05:02 PM
    Even though thy are the same price you will see proration in charges.
    Can you explain what the proration charges are? I'm a little illiterate on this and what it means.

Thanks.
    10-24-10 05:09 PM
    Can you explain what the proration charges are? I'm a little illiterate on this and what it means.

Thanks.
    No problem! You will see partial charges depending on the number of days that feature was used. For example if you used the data for 2 days you would see a charge for 1.99 for data. Than you'll see charges for 27 and change for the other 28 days of your billing cycle for the new data plan.

10-24-10 07:53 PM
    No problem! You will see partial charges depending on the number of days that feature was used. For example if you used the data for 2 days you would see a charge for 1.99 for data. Than you'll see charges for 27 and change for the other 28 days of your billing cycle for the new data plan.

Ok, cool. That's kinda what I thought. Thanks! So basically you don't get over charged or double charged? That's all I was worried about.

Another question...if I wanted to use a 9650 that had been unlocked and was being used on T-Mobile, would I be able to activate it on Verizon? I still have my Verizon Sim card, as well.

Thanks again for all your help.
    10-24-10 09:39 PM
    Ok, cool. That's kinda what I thought. Thanks! So basically you don't get over charged or double charged? That's all I was worried about.

Another question...if I wanted to use a 9650 that had been unlocked and was being used on T-Mobile, would I be able to activate it on Verizon? I still have my Verizon Sim card, as well.

Thanks again for all your help.
    Verizon only uses the SIM card for global use, so having the SIM is irrelevant. VzW is CDMA, you won't need it.
    10-24-10 10:32 PM
    Thanks to all the responses so far. Makes sense to me now.

Looks like I might just have to have a little cluster f*** on my bill...oh well, I like both worlds (that being BB and Droid) so I'm having difficulty choosing which route to take. Maybe I'll just use both and be one of "those" guys.
    10-25-10 10:04 AM
    Thanks to all the responses so far. Makes sense to me now.

Looks like I might just have to have a little cluster f*** on my bill...oh well, I like both worlds (that being BB and Droid) so I'm having difficulty choosing which route to take. Maybe I'll just use both and be one of "those" guys.
    You could always have two phones...but that does get expensive. To me, it's not worth the hassel of switching constantly. Have you tried uploading OS 6 on your BlackBerry? I know one of the biggest reasons why I like Android was the fast browser...but OS 6 is not bad. It is a HUGE improvement over OS 5. Give that a whirl.
    10-25-10 02:39 PM
    You could always have two phones...but that does get expensive. To me, it's not worth the hassel of switching constantly. Have you tried uploading OS 6 on your BlackBerry? I know one of the biggest reasons why I like Android was the fast browser...but OS 6 is not bad. It is a HUGE improvement over OS 5. Give that a whirl.
    Yeah, definitely not going the two phone route. The browser on my Droid X is ridiculous, and yes, that's definitely one of the reasons why I like Android. I also do like the widgets and having instant access through them. And Android does have some apps that I really like - the useful ones, not the fart ones. But there's still something missing that I really like about Blackberry. I haven't loaded OS 6 yet, because I don't have the Bold yet. I recently traded with a guy but I haven't received it yet. I'm definitely going to try that once I get the phone in my possession just to see what I think and see if it's something I can get used to again.

I really do appreciate the help from you and the others on here.
    10-25-10 10:34 PM
    This has maybe been answered in this thread already...but it is a massive thread:

After a year on your contract, what has to happen for a person to be able to get a new every 2 pricing? Or what are some other options along that same line? Thanks!
    10-28-10 11:01 AM
    This has maybe been answered in this thread already...but it is a massive thread:

After a year on your contract, what has to happen for a person to be able to get a new every 2 pricing? Or what are some other options along that same line? Thanks!
    You can not get New Every Two after a year but you can get an Early upgrade on the Primary line on a Family Share or on a Single line plan that is 34.99 or higher. This allows you to get a phone at the two year pricing after 12 months.
    10-28-10 11:49 AM
    Since the upgrade to BIS 3.2, why does Gmail email delivery lag as if it was a POP3 account? These lags are intermittent, but are going to be devastating to BlackBerry, if not cured soon.
    10-28-10 12:08 PM
    I need some advice and help here, please help:

I have a family plan (included 20% employer discount) with 4 lines - 3 normal "free" phones and one Droid X I currently bought it. The problem is the 3 normal phones are not working properly right now. They don't hold charge anymore and the lcd screens are getting more blurry.

With the 3 normal phone lines, they are eligible to be upgraded next March 2011. I called the customer service to ask if I can upgrade them early to get the new "working" and "free" phones for my family. And a "nice" lady on the phone answered me this: "go to eBay and buy the cheap phones for my three lines". That's all she gave me. Seems like Verizon don't wanna have a business with me anymore, so that's fine.

Between the cost to buy three new normal phones (apx. $300), or cancel all of them to go to another carrier (the same $3000 ETF), I have to choose which is the best way to do. With my employer discount, I have free activations and 20% off with Verizon or ATT as well. So switching is not a matter to me. But I like Verizon coverage here in Minnesota, and really don't wanna go.

What should I do now?
    10-28-10 07:42 PM

I have a family plan (included 20% employer discount) with 4 lines - 3 normal "free" phones and one Droid X I currently bought it. The problem is the 3 normal phones are not working properly right now. They don't hold charge anymore and the lcd screens are getting more blurry.

With the 3 normal phone lines, they are eligible to be upgraded next March 2011. I called the customer service to ask if I can upgrade them early to get the new "working" and "free" phones for my family. And a "nice" lady on the phone answered me this: "go to eBay and buy the cheap phones for my three lines". That's all she gave me. Seems like Verizon don't wanna have a business with me anymore, so that's fine.

Between the cost to buy three new normal phones (apx. $300), or cancel all of them to go to another carrier (the same $3000 ETF), I have to choose which is the best way to do. With my employer discount, I have free activations and 20% off with Verizon or ATT as well. So switching is not a matter to me. But I like Verizon coverage here in Minnesota, and really don't wanna go.

What should I do now?
    I would ask about the CPO (certified preowned). You qualify if you break or lose your phone. It also covers phones that are out of warranty. You can buy phones pretty cheap from Verizon. Ask a phone or in store rep about it. I hope this helps.

10-28-10 11:28 PM

What should I do now?
    If you are out of warranty and need another phone, the CPO program suggested above can be useful, eBay is not a bad idea, use insurance (if you have it) or you can buy a phone at full retail. I am not sure where the misconception comes from that not giving people upgrades when they demand it means poor service or that they don't want the business anymore, but believe anything you want.
    10-29-10 10:18 AM

What should I do now?
    So you want $750+ worth of free phones for lines that bill $30 monthly? What about the discounts on the last 3 phones? The business you're suggesting would actually cost verizon more than they would lose it you weren't there.

Buy the cpo phone, ebay, CL, or b/s/t on a site like this. Pretty much the same or better than what any other carrier offers.

10-29-10 02:35 PM
    So you want $750+ worth of free phones for lines that bill $30 monthly? What about the discounts on the last 3 phones? The business you're suggesting would actually cost verizon more than they would lose it you weren't there.

Buy the cpo phone, ebay, CL, or b/s/t on a site like this. Pretty much the same or better than what any other carrier offers.

So you want everyone that recognizes your super power of seeing what isn't there to send you $5 so you have enough money to retire early?

AM DOING RIGHT?
    10-31-10 04:58 PM
    Honestly, I have paid $160 every month for my four lines since 2007. I went to the store and asked for the re-certified devices. The folks over there threw to me some weird eyes looking and ended up giving couple options of the most ugly phones in the world, but ridiculous expensive. And guess what, I said thanks, smiled and never come back to that store, again.

I promise to myself that in the future if I have problem with the "dumb - free" phones, I will go to eBay and save my life some unnecessary hassles. Verizon coverage is good, no doubt. But sometime they think they are big enough to lose just couple customers like me.

Hooray !!!
    11-01-10 04:39 PM
    An LG8360 for $70, or the Cosmos for $110 seem like good deals to me.

Whatever floats your boat.

11-01-10 04:47 PM
    I called the customer service to ask if I can upgrade them early to get the new "working" and "free" phones for my family.

What should I do now?
    The folks over there threw to me some weird eyes looking and ended up giving couple options of the most ugly phones in the world, but ridiculous expensive. And guess what, I said thanks, smiled and never come back to that store, again.

But sometime they think they are big enough to lose just couple customers like me.

Hooray !!!
    Well now I'm confused. You said you wanted "working and free" phones, but now they need to be pretty too? What pretty phones are you looking for?
    11-02-10 02:06 AM
    i was offered an early upgrade sense my phone had died and i received the phone, then a friend of mine gave me a replacement bold he had so i no longer need the phone i got with the early upgrade, when i return this phone will i get my old contract reverted back? will my upgrade go back to my account? will i have to call in to get this done or will it happen automatically?
    As long as you return it within the 30 days, then yes it would revert back. I recommend you keep an eye in it to make sure it changes but it can take up to two bill cycles.

11-11-10 11:20 AM
    Got an upgrade question. I purchased a samsung rogue in feb and renwed my contract, then later in march/april, I added a line and switched over to the family share plan. I know on it, the primary line can upgrade every 10 months, but in my case, would it be from when I renwed back in feb, or when I switched to the familyshare? im asking because I'd like to get the htc merge when it is available

11-14-10 02:31 PM
    Got an upgrade question. I purchased a samsung rogue in feb and renwed my contract, then later in march/april, I added a line and switched over to the family share plan. I know on it, the primary line can upgrade every 10 months, but in my case, would it be from when I renwed back in feb, or when I switched to the familyshare? im asking because I'd like to get the htc merge when it is available

The primary line can upgrade every 12 months with the early Annual upgrade. And it is 12 months from the date you upgraded if the account qualifies. You can upgrade every 10 months on a one year contract.
    11-14-10 04:42 PM
    Thanks, asked because the woman's rogue I passed on to her is dying and she wants my tour when I upgrade, might be awhile

11-14-10 08:59 PM
    Does anyone know how much the early termination fee will be for a 2 smartphone account? Both lines have at least 6 months until the contract is up.

Thanks.
    11-16-10 09:23 AM
5,111 ... 191192193194195 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD