View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Hi, I have a question for you guys- I'm with Tmobile, however, I have been wanting to try out a BB Storm. A girlfriend at work just so happens to have been hit with financial issues, and she is having to end her Verizon contract early. I don't know really anything about cdma devices other than if you don't pay your bill the phone carries a bad esn and cannot be used. I was wanting to buy her Storm from her, however, I don't want to be happy with it and then 2 months down the road find out that the phone is blacklisted and my pin inactive or whatever. If she switches the phone on her account with another Verizon device before she ends her contract will that free her Storm from being tied to her account/contract? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    i dont know about clearing the ESN the way your asking but i do know that t-mobile wont check your ESN and the only thing a bad ESN will do is block the phone from being used on Verizon...t-mobile will let you use it with no problem pin and everytihng hope this helps atleast answer half of the question
    10-12-10 11:06 PM
    i dont know about clearing the ESN the way your asking but i do know that t-mobile wont check your ESN and the only thing a bad ESN will do is block the phone from being used on Verizon...t-mobile will let you use it with no problem pin and everytihng hope this helps atleast answer half of the question
    Yes, that answers my question- thank you very much. (I called Tmobile and they acted like I was trying to use a nuclear weapon with their service, wouldn't help me at all. Verizon was equally unhelpful.) I would hate to see yet another perfect BB go to waste due to the economy.
    10-13-10 09:28 AM
    If some account keeps needing legit warrenty repairs is there a flag time or #?

My 3rd phone in 2 months is becoming a problem? I would not want to put my employer in hot water. But I've had 2 doas and now my case is coming lose to the point its well past an "looks" issue.

I am not sure who I should be fed up with to be frank my anger is towards all. My employer for wasting my time with this, verizon for stocking a product(s) that fail like this and Rim for the poor qc on these phones.

I just want to know if I should tough it out to keep under the radar or deal with it asap. I really don't want the higher ups on me for their own calls, but you know that's how corps work sadly.

I thank you for advising me on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:18 PM
    Deal with it now. There is no "flag".

10-14-10 02:15 AM
    Hi, I have a question for you guys- I'm with Tmobile, however, I have been wanting to try out a BB Storm. A girlfriend at work just so happens to have been hit with financial issues, and she is having to end her Verizon contract early. I don't know really anything about cdma devices other than if you don't pay your bill the phone carries a bad esn and cannot be used. I was wanting to buy her Storm from her, however, I don't want to be happy with it and then 2 months down the road find out that the phone is blacklisted and my pin inactive or whatever. If she switches the phone on her account with another Verizon device before she ends her contract will that free her Storm from being tied to her account/contract? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    You have to unlock your Storm first. I was using my Storm with tmobile and Verizon. Now I never got data to work with Tmobil
    10-14-10 02:23 PM
    Deal with it now. There is no "flag".

Thank you for your help.

As much as I'd rather like to, I'm not smashing them for amusement, they are falling apart at a rapid rate and I don't know how.

I'll have them contact vzw in the morning!
    10-15-10 02:05 AM
    I haven't read through this thread so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I bought my BlackBerry Tour brand new (sealed) on eBay (off contract). If I have any problems with it, can I take it to Verizon for warranty repairs? Will they treat it like I bought it from them or will they just say no?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Leemz21; 10-15-10 at 05:35 PM.
    10-15-10 05:33 PM
    I haven't read through this thread so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I bought my BlackBerry Tour brand new (sealed) on eBay (off contract). If I have any problems with it, can I take it to Verizon for warranty repairs? Will they treat it like I bought it from them or will they just say no?

Thanks in advance!

From my experience, the warranty is non transferable.you may be able to get support directly from the manufacturer.

10-15-10 07:06 PM
    From my experience, the warranty is non transferable.you may be able to get support directly from the manufacturer.

Alright, good to know. I am not having any problems but I just wanted to know. Thanks!
    10-15-10 07:08 PM
    Dear VZW Rep:
    I have a question that seems to elude me. I just switched over to Verizon from AT&T...never been a verizon customer so this is my first bad experience...yesterday and I brought my own Storm2 over. Why does a level 2 tech service say he cannot call RIM tech support to get my PIN and MEID numbers cleared from AT&T and register back with Verizon since we all know the Storm2 is a Verizon phone? He says I have to call RIM to do this. When I had AT&T, and put the phone on their network service, the tech support couldnt do this and called RIM for me and we had a 3 way conversation to resolve so that I could get my service books, register host routing table, and push my emails to my phone. Bam done! Good customer service to keep a long good standing customer happy. Is this too hard for verizon tech support to step out of his box of comfort or is it too much work to take extra step to pick up a phone and dial. He actually had nerve to say this isnt Verizon phone...they didnt make it. Are all of these people stupid or does it take them away from playing on their computers so they try to get rid of you! I have to say how disappointed I am. I usually come here first and as a last resort call...but since AT&T didnt service the phone because it was a VERIZON phone, then they helped as far as they could and then passed me to RIM. I am paying more for my service with Verizon, so I think I should be treated a little better than that especially since you guys sing the happy customer service song. What is up?
    10-17-10 12:00 AM
    Dear VZW Rep:
    I have a question that seems to elude me. I just switched over to Verizon from AT&T...never been a verizon customer so this is my first bad experience...yesterday and I brought my own Storm2 over. Why does a level 2 tech service say he cannot call RIM tech support to get my PIN and MEID numbers cleared from AT&T and register back with Verizon since we all know the Storm2 is a Verizon phone? He says I have to call RIM to do this. When I had AT&T, and put the phone on their network service, the tech support couldnt do this and called RIM for me and we had a 3 way conversation to resolve so that I could get my service books, register host routing table, and push my emails to my phone. Bam done! Good customer service to keep a long good standing customer happy. Is this too hard for verizon tech support to step out of his box of comfort or is it too much work to take extra step to pick up a phone and dial. He actually had nerve to say this isnt Verizon phone...they didnt make it. Are all of these people stupid or does it take them away from playing on their computers so they try to get rid of you! I have to say how disappointed I am. I usually come here first and as a last resort call...but since AT&T didnt service the phone because it was a VERIZON phone, then they helped as far as they could and then passed me to RIM. I am paying more for my service with Verizon, so I think I should be treated a little better than that especially since you guys sing the happy customer service song. What is up?
    Seems as though you should have been transfrered to RIM, I am not sure if this is a new policy of certain sites, but unless you are calling about a BES, they can transfer you to RIM. And I'm not sure the context of the reps comment but Verizon doesn't make phones, they sell them. So I am not sure what they meant about that, but just call back and try to get a different rep that can transfer you.
    10-17-10 01:03 PM
    Is it possible to recover texts, picture messages and call logs from a broken env3? Can these be transferred to a new phone?
    10-19-10 10:08 PM
    Dear Mr. VZW,
    My name is Tommy, I've been a good boy this year, and my obligation to you is near its end. For Christmas when I have to decide on renewal or upgrade, can you give me a shiny new Blackberry, something along the lines of the Torch, except with a few added things.
    For one, you want me to pay for the extra privilege of using visual voice mail, how about making my Torch like Blackberry with a forward facing camera. I'm sure the good people at RIMM will listen, if you ever figure out how to spec out a phone. Hopefully you learned from the mistakes you made in the Storm series phones.

Ooooooo and how about making sure it has WIFI and 4G.

Please don't make me go to that evil ATT, or force me out from the Blackberry umbrella.

Signed
    Tommy
    10-19-10 10:58 PM
    I am eligible for an early upgrade in December. Can you tell me is that basically the sale price i see on the phones on the website? If I wait for the official discount I get a discount off the sale price, correct?
    10-19-10 11:24 PM
    Is it possible to recover texts, picture messages and call logs from a broken env3? Can these be transferred to a new phone?
    No, there is no way to transfer that even if the phone was working. They only transfer contacts and pictures in most stores.
    10-20-10 11:51 AM
    I am eligible for an early upgrade in December. Can you tell me is that basically the sale price i see on the phones on the website? If I wait for the official discount I get a discount off the sale price, correct?
    Huh?

Let me try to explain this. For example, the HTC Incredible is 199.99 with a rebate, that's for a 2-year agreement. If you are eligible for an Early upgrade, you can get that phone for that price plus a 20.00 Early Upgrade fee. If you are eligible for your regular upgrade, you would get the phone at that price with no upgrade fee. If you qualify for a New Every 2, you would get the phone at the 2-year price minus 30.00-50.00 for your NE2.
    10-20-10 11:57 AM
    Dear VZW Rep:

My friend has a Storm 2 that will need to be replaced due to screen issues and double clicking. Will TEC Asurion provide a Refurbed Storm 2? Or will they offer a Bold?

Thanks for more info!
    10-20-10 02:51 PM
    Dear VZW Rep:

My friend has a Storm 2 that will need to be replaced due to screen issues and double clicking. Will TEC Asurion provide a Refurbed Storm 2? Or will they offer a Bold?

Thanks for more info!
    What kind of screen issues? Because insurance only covers lost, stolen and damaged. If they deem it as a warranty issue then it would need to be replaced as a warranty. And your friend would get another Storm 2 (refurb).
    10-20-10 03:03 PM
    Will Verizon EVER get some new BBs? I'm sick of waiting for the new Pearl or the Torch! Is it time to find a new carrier to upgrade my phone?
    10-23-10 03:09 PM
    Will cdma ever allow wifi calling without a femto device? Directly from the handset like uma?? Would be great.

10-23-10 03:13 PM
    Will Verizon EVER get some new BBs? I'm sick of waiting for the new Pearl or the Torch! Is it time to find a new carrier to upgrade my phone?
    No Torch...ever. it was developed between AT&T and RIM. It is a lot like the Storm series. You wont see it a Storm on GSM carriers.

10-23-10 06:26 PM
    Will cdma ever allow wifi calling without a femto device? Directly from the handset like uma?? Would be great.

I highly doubt it. No word of it yet to my knowledge.

10-23-10 06:27 PM
    Wow 322 pages! Good info in this thread.

10-24-10 03:32 AM
    Ok, I've got a question for ya...

I'm using a Droid X right now. I also have a Storm 2 that looks like might get swapped out for a Bold. I'm wondering what kind of process is it for me to switch phones, and do so frequently? Do I just have to dial *228 whenever I want to switch? And does this have any effect on data packages? I thought there might be different ones for BlackBerries and Droids, but I'm obviously on the $29.99 unlimited plan. For some reason I really wanna use a BlackBerry some days and a Droid on the others.

Thanks for your help.
    10-24-10 05:06 PM
    You also have to log in to the BIS or the Email Settings and change the device there as well in order to get the data switched over.
    10-24-10 05:54 PM
5,111 ... 190191192193194 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD