View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Can verizon put an alltel phone on your account? I know they were able to in the past, especially if it was a phone model verizon carried themselves and if you failed to mention that it wasnt a verizon branded phone. Is that still possible? Im trying to get an alltel branded bold 9650 on my vzw account. :
    10-03-10 02:30 PM
    Can verizon put an alltel phone on your account? I know they were able to in the past, especially if it was a phone model verizon carried themselves and if you failed to mention that it wasnt a verizon branded phone. Is that still possible? Im trying to get an alltel branded bold 9650 on my vzw account. :
    If you have an Alltell price plan, then you can use a VZW or Alltell phone. If you have a VZW price plan, then you can only use a VZW phone.
    10-03-10 03:17 PM
    Which is what he was told in the other thread he started about this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fl...erizon-534856/
    10-03-10 03:52 PM
    Which is what he was told in the other thread he started about this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/fl...erizon-534856/
    Some people just can't accept no for an answer.
    10-03-10 04:28 PM
    I currently have 4 lines with Verizon. Now I want to split one line to be an independent line seperately from the other lines. Is it possible for me to do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 06:52 PM
    I have a question and its just a possibility.

I have been with vzw since april 20th. I am considering changing carriers as my bf has at&t and would buy me an iphone.

What is the ETF if I were to break my contract?
    What if i go to At&t and have them break my contract, would vzw just bill me the etf?
    10-03-10 08:38 PM
    I currently have 4 lines with Verizon. Now I want to split one line to be an independent line seperately from the other lines. Is it possible for me to do that?

You can do an Assumption of Liability with CS, this will allow the other user to apply for a line of their own so they can take over the number on your account. Just give them a call.
    10-03-10 10:17 PM
    I have a question and its just a possibility.

I have been with vzw since april 20th. I am considering changing carriers as my bf has at&t and would buy me an iphone.

What is the ETF if I were to break my contract?
    What if i go to At&t and have them break my contract, would vzw just bill me the etf?
    If you started service in April and have a Storm 2 your ETF should be about 300 dollars or so, but I would call and check. And if you want to port your number over to AT&T, then do not cancel it yourself, when AT&T ports your number it will automatically cancel your line and you will just be billed the ETF.
    10-03-10 10:20 PM
    Gang,

My lady friend is looking for a used touch screen phone that is not a data plan required phone. She would also consider a new phone, she's NE2 eligible. I've suggested the Pantech Jest to her, but it's not thrilling her. She saw a Samsung Glyde U940 on ebay that she think's she might want. Does verizon consider that a feature phone, or a 3G multimedia (thus data plan) phone? Is it an ok phone? I've heard mixed reviews on it. Anyone have any suggestions, and don't say LG, as she's VERY anti LG.

She'd like a touch screen, a keyboard, no data plan required, cheap as possible.
    10-04-10 09:00 PM
    Gang,

My lady friend is looking for a used touch screen phone that is not a data plan required phone. She would also consider a new phone, she's NE2 eligible. I've suggested the Pantech Jest to her, but it's not thrilling her. She saw a Samsung Glyde U940 on ebay that she think's she might want. Does verizon consider that a feature phone, or a 3G multimedia (thus data plan) phone? Is it an ok phone? I've heard mixed reviews on it. Anyone have any suggestions, and don't say LG, as she's VERY anti LG.

She'd like a touch screen, a keyboard, no data plan required, cheap as possible.
    I have personally had the Glyde...it was HORRIBLE! It would constantly unlock in my pocket and dial random numbers. I took it back so fast. The touch screen isn't very accurate either.

If she doesn't want an LG, no data, hit up an old school Palm 700. Its pretty limited with wanted a touch screen, keyboard, and no LG. I did like my Dare...but that only passes 1 of 3 of her qualifications.

10-04-10 10:16 PM
    Gang,

I would not wish the Glyde on anybody, DO NOT DO IT! Bt if she is a LG hater that leaves very few choices in today's current lineup, actually none. Maybe an old data device found on eBay that does not require data.
    10-05-10 01:44 AM
    I would not wish the Glyde on anybody, DO NOT DO IT! Bt if she is a LG hater that leaves very few choices in today's current lineup, actually none. Maybe an old data device found on eBay that does not require data.
    What do you think about the Pantech Jest?
    10-05-10 09:29 AM
    What do you think about the Pantech Jest?
    I'm not sure about that phone as I have never used it. I can say this; I have not received one call on that phone...
    I have not even played with that phone, but a good place to get reviews from other customers is on the website itself, VZW customers are the most appreciative or most ruthless when it comes to phones and service, so check out the reviews there. It has a 4 out of 5 star rating...

http://www.verizonwireless.com/phones
    10-05-10 11:41 AM
    Which smart phone has the strongest signal strength. I know at least 1 or 2 have to be above the rest. Thanks

10-05-10 04:53 PM
    I renewed my son's contract on our family plan a few months ago because his phone was malfunctioning and i had let the insurance lapse on it. due to budget constraints i got what i could afford. he got a job a couple of months later, now hates his current phone and is not eligible for any discount on a new phone. IS there ANY option other than paying full retail price for a phone???? Ive looked into the refurbished option and they dont have the phone he wants (either the casio brigade or the htc incredible).
    thanks for any help.
    10-06-10 09:06 AM
    I renewed my son's contract on our family plan a few months ago because his phone was malfunctioning and i had let the insurance lapse on it. due to budget constraints i got what i could afford. he got a job a couple of months later, now hates his current phone and is not eligible for any discount on a new phone. IS there ANY option other than paying full retail price for a phone???? Ive looked into the refurbished option and they dont have the phone he wants (either the casio brigade or the htc incredible).
    thanks for any help.
    He can look online, places like eBay and Craigslist are good places to start. Just make sure that you review the ESN/MEID with the carrier first so you can make sure that the phone is usable. If you have an upgrade on another line, he can use that. But really there is nothing else you can do to get a discounted phone through VZW if there is not an upgrade available.
    10-06-10 11:44 AM
    I'm back to using a secondhand 9530, after 2 truly defective (i.e. nonfunctioning touchscreen and GPS hardware, not "I don't like it") 9550s replaced under warranty. I sold the 3rd in anticipation of purchasing a trackpad device.

There are Bold 9650s available CPO with a 2-year contract for $50, but still no CPO 9650s available for outright purchase with no contract extension. Any unofficial idea when those might be added to the system? I've had it with the Storm platform, and want to move on.
    10-06-10 02:59 PM
    thanks for any help.
    You might also consider adding a line of service for 9.95 a month. You get the 2 year price on the new phone, BUT they you must maintain the 2 lines, however one of the lines can be a cheap dumb phone (you can use an old Verizon phone you still have or get one cheap on ebay), that can be given to either a younger child OR a elderly relative who will use limited minutes, or only use the phone for emergencies only.
    10-06-10 02:59 PM
    I have a Tour which I deactivated when I purchased a new Droid Incredible/no contract via Ebay. Hence I am fulfilling the remaining 1 year of my data contract with the Droid.
    I wanted to give my wife the Blackberry to use on her already existing line without any data plan. I was told by a Verizon rep that their contract with Blackberry requires that all BB's have a data plan, even if there is no pre-existing contract which requires such. Doesn't sound right to me. Is this correct? All my wife wants is a cellphone with a built in organizer.
    10-10-10 02:02 PM
    I have a Tour which I deactivated when I purchased a new Droid Incredible/no contract via Ebay. Hence I am fulfilling the remaining 1 year of my data contract with the Droid.
    I wanted to give my wife the Blackberry to use on her already existing line without any data plan. I was told by a Verizon rep that their contract with Blackberry requires that all BB's have a data plan, even if there is no pre-existing contract which requires such. Doesn't sound right to me. Is this correct? All my wife wants is a cellphone with a built in organizer.
    No there is not a way to use any Blackberry without a data plan. Sorry.

There are a few older smart phones that you can use without a data plan. But it is not possible to do it with a Blackberry.

10-10-10 04:33 PM
    I switched to VZW from ATT last month. I had to order a DroidX because they didn't have them in stock. Then I found another VZW place that had them, so I got one and tried to cancel my order, however it had just shipped. I sent it back without opening it, but still was charged the restocking fee. Is this normal? Seems kinda crappy that I got charged $35 because one store couldn't keep inventory and another could.
    10-11-10 04:03 PM
    I switched to VZW from ATT last month. I had to order a DroidX because they didn't have them in stock. Then I found another VZW place that had them, so I got one and tried to cancel my order, however it had just shipped. I sent it back without opening it, but still was charged the restocking fee. Is this normal? Seems kinda crappy that I got charged $35 because one store couldn't keep inventory and another could.
    I would call to get it credited. You are not supposed to be charged if you didn't use the phone. The system may have just automatically charged you.

10-11-10 04:46 PM
    I have a question about the backup assistant..If I download that app on my curve, I wont lose my contacts will I?
    10-11-10 05:00 PM
    I have a question about the backup assistant..If I download that app on my curve, I wont lose my contacts will I?
    Shouldn't.

10-11-10 05:44 PM
    Hi, I have a question for you guys- I'm with Tmobile, however, I have been wanting to try out a BB Storm. A girlfriend at work just so happens to have been hit with financial issues, and she is having to end her Verizon contract early. I don't know really anything about cdma devices other than if you don't pay your bill the phone carries a bad esn and cannot be used. I was wanting to buy her Storm from her, however, I don't want to be happy with it and then 2 months down the road find out that the phone is blacklisted and my pin inactive or whatever. If she switches the phone on her account with another Verizon device before she ends her contract will that free her Storm from being tied to her account/contract? Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    10-12-10 04:37 PM
5,111 ... 189190191192193 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD