View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I'm really hoping a Verizon rep can help me out with this one: I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 that has 2 months left on contract. I do not have insurance on the phone and the phone has stopped working due to faulty hardware (I just went to a verizon store to trouble shoot and it is the screen). I'm in need of a phone to use for 2 months before I can upgrade.

What I'm hoping to do is this, and I'm wondering if it is even worth a try:

I want to buy a prepaid Verizon phone (Samsung Gusto), activate it, and transfer that number to another old phone (which no longer works for calls, otherwise I'd use this phone to replace the 9530). After I transfer the prepaid phone to the other old phone, would it be possible to transfer the ESN/MEID of the prepaid phone to replace the storm? From my understanding, the prepaid phone needs to be in service for 6 months before I can switch, but with this work around would it be possible? Thanks!
    09-13-10 11:44 PM
    I'm really hoping a Verizon rep can help me out with this one: I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 that has 2 months left on contract. I do not have insurance on the phone and the phone has stopped working due to faulty hardware (I just went to a verizon store to trouble shoot and it is the screen). I'm in need of a phone to use for 2 months before I can upgrade.

What I'm hoping to do is this, and I'm wondering if it is even worth a try:

I want to buy a prepaid Verizon phone (Samsung Gusto), activate it, and transfer that number to another old phone (which no longer works for calls, otherwise I'd use this phone to replace the 9530). After I transfer the prepaid phone to the other old phone, would it be possible to transfer the ESN/MEID of the prepaid phone to replace the storm? From my understanding, the prepaid phone needs to be in service for 6 months before I can switch, but with this work around would it be possible? Thanks!
    Are you 2 months from your upgrade date or contract date? Because if you are 2 months from your contract date, you should already be able to upgrade. (you can upgrade 10 months in to a 12 month contact and 20 months in to a 24 month contract). If you are confused with your upgrade date, then you can activate an older phone because activating a prepaid phone that has not been on a prepay account for at least 6 months can be iffy, and most reps will not try it since its not allowed. You may be better off getting an older phone from eBay or Craigslist and activate that until you can upgrade. Or maybe speak your case with a rep or sup and see if they can push your upgrade early (I've seen it pushed up to 60 months early before). The only work around to activate a prepay phone though is to get a rep that will try and if the system will accept it. Doesn't hurt to try either one. Good luck.
    09-14-10 12:52 AM
    Are you 2 months from your upgrade date or contract date? Because if you are 2 months from your contract date, you should already be able to upgrade. (you can upgrade 10 months in to a 12 month contact and 20 months in to a 24 month contract). If you are confused with your upgrade date, then you can activate an older phone because activating a prepaid phone that has not been on a prepay account for at least 6 months can be iffy, and most reps will not try it since its not allowed. You may be better off getting an older phone from eBay or Craigslist and activate that until you can upgrade. Or maybe speak your case with a rep or sup and see if they can push your upgrade early (I've seen it pushed up to 60 months early before). The only work around to activate a prepay phone though is to get a rep that will try and if the system will accept it. Doesn't hurt to try either one. Good luck.
    Thanks. I'm 2 months from my upgrade date. The rep I was troubleshooting with basically said the same thing, that I would have to find a rep willing to try activating a prepaid on my contract account. I just thought I'd try to find a work around so I wouldn't have to risk getting anyone in trouble.
    09-14-10 07:15 AM
    Thanks. I'm 2 months from my upgrade date. The rep I was troubleshooting with basically said the same thing, that I would have to find a rep willing to try activating a prepaid on my contract account. I just thought I'd try to find a work around so I wouldn't have to risk getting anyone in trouble.
    No one would get in trouble; it just depends on whether or not the rep will do it and if the system will take it.
    09-14-10 10:15 AM
    So, any input from a VZW rep re: my question above? Is it true that VZW will no longer transfer a customer to RIM Tech Support if they themselves are unable to help the customer out? In the past, this has been the case for me, but most recently, when I called with a problem with DM 6, and they were unable to help, they gave me a toll free number to RIM and was told I'd have to pay the $50 support fee. WHAT?
    09-14-10 01:14 PM
    I'm 20 months into my current 2 year contract, so I can upgrade if I want but I am seriously considering leaving Verizon for another carrier. What kind of fee can I expect if I early terminate my contract. I likely will not leave but I was just curious and the rep I just spoke with was extremely unhelpful which has been very un-Verizon like in the past.
    09-15-10 01:42 PM
    I'm 20 months into my current 2 year contract, so I can upgrade if I want but I am seriously considering leaving Verizon for another carrier. What kind of fee can I expect if I early terminate my contract. I likely will not leave but I was just curious and the rep I just spoke with was extremely unhelpful which has been very un-Verizon like in the past.
    Oh well let us look at your account....hmmm....I can't see it from here. Maybe try calling back and ask someone else. You might have about a 70-65 dollar ETF but only your carrier knows.
    09-15-10 02:10 PM
    Alright feens, need your help. My gf has had Curve 8330 replaced 15-20 times (seriously) so ishe recently bout someones 9530 to use. Recently the microphone has started sounding muffled. Now I doubt verizon will replace it(correct me if I'm wrong) my question then is can we call Asurion up and get 9530 replaced or will they know and say that is NOT the phone we had insured with them? Please help!!!
    09-20-10 10:34 PM
    Alright feens, need your help. My gf has had Curve 8330 replaced 15-20 times (seriously) so ishe recently bout someones 9530 to use. Recently the microphone has started sounding muffled. Now I doubt verizon will replace it(correct me if I'm wrong) my question then is can we call Asurion up and get 9530 replaced or will they know and say that is NOT the phone we had insured with them? Please help!!!
    Verizon won't replace it. If it is less than a year old, the phone is under the manufactuer's warranty. You should be able to get it replaced through RIM. You can't get an insurance replacement if you don't have that specific model insured. It's like driving a Geo Metro and having it insured. You crash, but in the meantime you buy a Camero. When you file a claim, you won't get a Camero...you'll get what you had insured...a Metro.

So to make a long story short, if you file, you'll get another 8330 NOT a 9630.
    09-21-10 02:48 PM
    yea except for when you buy said CAMARO (lol) the insurance does and has to transfer to it. I didn't ruin 8330, its never been good, VZ is stingy as all ****
    09-21-10 10:24 PM
    yea except for when you buy said CAMARO (lol) the insurance does and has to transfer to it. I didn't ruin 8330, its never been good, VZ is stingy as all ****
    Stingy how? Because they will not cover a device that you do not have a valid warranty on?
    Call Asurion, see if they will cover the device.
    09-21-10 10:28 PM
    Wow 15-20 Curves. I don't see how anyone can go through that many phones, must be one unlucky person. Anyway I am not a rep but just wanted to share my experience with Asurion with what you are asking.

I had insurance on my son's phone, who decided he wanted a different phone. I bought him one off of craigslist. I activated it and all was fine. About 4 months later he dropped it in a cup of pop. I looked at my bill and seen that the insurance never came off when I activated the craigslist phone, went on line submitted a claim and they covered the replacement. They sent me the same phone that was active on the account at the time of the claim. I have been told that they do not do that, or the insurance should drop off your bill when you activate another phone on the account, but mine did not.

You can file a claim on line, go step by step and it will make you confirm the type of phone that you want replaced.
    09-22-10 07:17 AM
    I have a question....I'm on my dad's family share plan. He's getting ready to retire and I want to get off of his plan so he doesn't have to keep me on there. I understand that this will be a new activation (according to the CS rep on the phone). Will I get to upgrade my phone? If not, if I get the right plan, can I upgrade a year from when I last upgraded (April)?? Will I have to change my phone number? Thanks so much!
    09-22-10 09:52 AM
    I have a question....I'm on my dad's family share plan. He's getting ready to retire and I want to get off of his plan so he doesn't have to keep me on there. I understand that this will be a new activation (according to the CS rep on the phone). Will I get to upgrade my phone? If not, if I get the right plan, can I upgrade a year from when I last upgraded (April)?? Will I have to change my phone number? Thanks so much!
    Are you going to be canceling your existing number or are you going to transfer your number under your name because those are completely different. If you cancel you line you would be subject to any ETF but you would be able to start a new line, with a new number and a new upgrade. If you switch your line over to your name, you will not get a new phone but your upgrade dates will stay the same so you will be able to get a phone when you normally would.

Switching the number to your name is called an Assumption of Liability; they can do this for you if you need to keep your number. You would have to apply for the account still but once you qualified they'd basically just transfer the number over. I would have to double check but I believe there would be no activation fees when doing this.
    09-22-10 11:46 AM
    hi! (again)
    my mom dropped her phone in the bath tub last night. she has a original moto droid. she got it back in may and it does have full insurance on it. any chance if she took it to verizon she could get a new one on the spot or is the only way to replace it due to water damage to file with asurion and pay the $50 deductible?
    09-26-10 01:31 PM
    hi! (again)
    my mom dropped her phone in the bath tub last night. she has a original moto droid. she got it back in may and it does have full insurance on it. any chance if she took it to verizon she could get a new one on the spot or is the only way to replace it due to water damage to file with asurion and pay the $50 deductible?
    Yes, that is exactly how it's supposed to work.
    Www.phoneclaim.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 01:37 PM
    Yes, that is exactly how it's supposed to work.
    Get your lost, stolen or damaged phone replaced at PhoneClaim.com!

thanks! i'm at the point to put in payment for the $50 but just wanted to make sure before i went through with it.
    09-26-10 01:39 PM
    So, any input from a VZW rep re: my question above? Is it true that VZW will no longer transfer a customer to RIM Tech Support if they themselves are unable to help the customer out? In the past, this has been the case for me, but most recently, when I called with a problem with DM 6, and they were unable to help, they gave me a toll free number to RIM and was told I'd have to pay the $50 support fee. WHAT?
    What problems are you even having? It sounds like a Desktop Manager problem not a Verizon problem. How are they not assisting you with the phone if there's nothing wrong with the phone? It sounds like they are doing what they need to be doing.
    09-26-10 04:39 PM
    ibanez, it is/was a DM problem, you're correct. But, VZW is my point of contact with all things BB, since they are the ones I purchased my BB from. In the past, they've assisted when I had a BB problem and if they were unable to figure it out, they simply transfered me to RIM. That was the routine I grew accustomed to over the past few years. Suddenly, when they were unable to assist me, rather than transfer me, they offered the 800 number and said "good luck." The 800 number is a pay-per-incident number, which seems unrealisitic given the problem began when RIM released it's updated DM. As I mentioned, the Synch and Backup dates stated on DM do not match reality and I was simply puzzled over this. It's not a big deal, just something that does not appear to be working properly.

When I asked VZW about why they no longer offered to switch customers to RIM if they themselves could not resolve the issue, they replied with a "we've always done it this way" which is simply not true! Sadly, after talking with two reps (one a Tier 2 rep) and repeatedly asking here, I'm still clueless!

What problems are you even having? It sounds like a Desktop Manager problem not a Verizon problem. How are they not assisting you with the phone if there's nothing wrong with the phone? It sounds like they are doing what they need to be doing.
    09-26-10 05:57 PM
    That's definitely a frustrating situation.. I know in specific cases, they are able to contact RIM directly without having to go through the per-incident line, but I think most often times it usually has to relate to the phone itself. They might be giving you a hard time due to the DM I guess not being a "direct" product we support. It could be as simple as the reps you are speaking with as well. Unfortunately, I know that there would not be much support the reps at VZW directly would be able to do to troubleshoot, but I think it would be up in the air if they would be able to transfer you directly at this point. Hopefully you find the answer to your problem
    09-26-10 07:20 PM
    I am 7 months from my new every two day.I want the droid x..I have the storm2(and i absolutley HATE it, the touchpad is always touching itself, the audio jack has quit working properly on all 4 of the storms i have owned, and it freezes up quite often)..i have been with verizon for 7 long years...any tips on sweet talking them into an early upgrade.
    09-29-10 06:04 PM
    I am 7 months from my new every two day.I want the droid x..I have the storm2(and i absolutley HATE it, the touchpad is always touching itself, the audio jack has quit working properly on all 4 of the storms i have owned, and it freezes up quite often)..i have been with verizon for 7 long years...any tips on sweet talking them into an early upgrade.
    Lol@ phone touching itself!!!

But on a serious note, if you are 7 months from your NE2 then you are eligible for your Early Upgrade. So you should be able to upgrade now.

09-29-10 07:35 PM
    Any info regarding pricing/tiers for the announced tiered data plans....?
    09-30-10 07:58 AM
    What's you talking about willis?
    09-30-10 12:31 PM
    I have solid inside information that it will be between $0 and $1000 for between 0Mb and 1petabyte of transfer.

09-30-10 02:11 PM
5,111 ... 188189190191192 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD