View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    This may be an elementary question but I've never switched phones before (where the old phone still worked). I currently have a 1st gen LG Chocolate and I'm going to get the BB Storm when it comes out.

My contacts are synched with Verizon so I'm assuming pulling those into the new phone will be no problem. My question is, how do I move all my pictures and ringtones to the new BB? I'd really rather not have to buy the ringtones again.
    11-11-08 02:14 PM
    This may be an elementary question but I've never switched phones before (where the old phone still worked). I currently have a 1st gen LG Chocolate and I'm going to get the BB Storm when it comes out.

My contacts are synched with Verizon so I'm assuming pulling those into the new phone will be no problem. My question is, how do I move all my pictures and ringtones to the new BB? I'd really rather not have to buy the ringtones again.
    BackUp Assistant does not work with BlackBerry devices.

You can take your Chocolate and BlackBerry to any VZW store and they will transfer your contacts, pictures and videos using a machine called CellBrite. Ringtones may not transfer.

Moving forward you will be backing up your BlackBerry using DeskTop Manager on your own!

The good news is there are PLENTY of FREE wallpapers and ringtones available for the BlackBerry!
    11-11-08 02:18 PM
    Ok had my Curve for two weeks, and I have a couple of questions.

What is the PIN?

Should I download the 4.5 upgrade?

Can you read html email on your BB?

Thanks!
    Lori
    11-11-08 02:52 PM
    Ok had my Curve for two weeks, and I have a couple of questions.

What is the PIN?

Should I download the 4.5 upgrade?

Can you read html email on your BB?

Thanks!
    Lori
    1. Options-Status-PIN
    PIN is a unique number for your BlackBerry used to send PIN messeges BB to BB or used to add someone to BlackBery Messenger. Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com

2. Up to you. i love it! http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzw...eedback-89608/

3. If you download OS 4.5 BlackBerry® Software Updates
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-11-08 at 03:14 PM.
    11-11-08 02:57 PM
    Apologies if this question is already somewhere within this thread, but here's what I got.

In a previous post, I asked questions about the assumption of liability, all of thats been handled and I now have my own account, with my same number. My Contract end day and NE2 dates remained the same that they were on the prior account.

Contract ends on 7/23/09
    NE2 is on 3/23/08

Since I just completed the AOL and want to obtain the storm phone, does Verizon allow for someone to renew their 2 year contract in the middle of a contract to get cheaper prices?

Basically is there any way to get the storm at a discounted price, instead of the high price retail?
    11-11-08 07:54 PM
    Again:

If you are less than a year from the end of contract, on ppl that is $49.99 or higher, then you can get an upgrade at the 2 yr price with a 2 yr contract.

fee is $20 unless you are a VIP, then it is waived.

This is called the Annual, or Early Upgrade.
    11-11-08 09:45 PM
    Thanks DJbrianfalls,

I suppose my main question was, since I did the AOL on November 7th and the account was previously a secondary line, will that affect me getting an Annual Upgrade/Early upgrade in any way.

The account is now mine, but the contract has definitely been past a year. Plan is higher then $50, so that's not a problem either.
    11-11-08 11:15 PM
    They will look to see if you are on a qualifying plan and how long you have been on that price plan. Its been a while since I've had this pop up but I believe you have to be on a qualifying price plan for 3 months prior to qualify.
    11-12-08 09:43 AM
    I recently upgraded my phone and computer software to v4.5.0.77 - mostly for the HTML email and better memory management. That part has worked just fine - Thank you Verizon for finally releasing the upgrade.

My problem is with the Desktop Manager software installation. Every time that I log in, it attempts to install the Roxio Media Manager software and fails. I have to end that task in Task Manager. If allowed to continue, it asks for the location of the installation "msi" file, then pops up with "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Roxio Media Manager. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

Any suggestions?
    11-12-08 11:42 AM
    I heard somewhere that Verizon was going to stop doing early upgrades? Is this true? I'm about a year+ into my contract, and looking to upgrade my 8830 to either the Storm or the Curve, but I don't want to have to pay full retail price when I can just wait another 10 mos, and get one for much less money.
    11-12-08 12:14 PM
    Do you have any other versions of Roxio previously installed? If so delete them. If not you can always delete/reinstall BB DM. Also you can use My computer instead of Roxio if you are wanting to transfer media.
    11-12-08 12:23 PM
    Roaddog

Annual upgrade. Its based on how much you pay for your price plan. Read up about 5 posts for info on it.
    11-12-08 12:25 PM
    Question...Is there a way to tether the 8330 to my laptop to get internet on it. If so, how do I do it and then how much more would it be per month to be able to do that?
    11-12-08 07:27 PM
    See this thread

Tether my device
    11-12-08 07:29 PM
    Again:

If you are less than a year from the end of contract, on ppl that is $49.99 or higher, then you can get an upgrade at the 2 yr price with a 2 yr contract.

fee is $20 unless you are a VIP, then it is waived.

This is called the Annual, or Early Upgrade.
    But if you're on a $39.99 plan and just over a year of a 2 year contract, i can do a early uprade at the 2 year discounted price correct?
    11-12-08 09:54 PM
    1. Options-Status-PIN
    PIN is a unique number for your BlackBerry used to send PIN messeges BB to BB or used to add someone to BlackBery Messenger.

2. Up to you. i love it!

3. If you download OS 4.5
    Thanks for the links Chrissy!!!
    11-12-08 10:17 PM
    Originally posted in own thread here, but was suggested to post in this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First, thank you in advance for your time and assistance here on the forum.

Question for VZW Rep: What is my best choice to upgrade to Storm?

My current situation:
    1. We have 3 lines and have been with VZW for a few years. No way are we leaving (though I love Mac/Apple and wanted an iPhone pretty bad, but Storm is alleviating that desire).
    2. Plan = Nationwide Select Family Share 1,400 ANY UNL N+W+IN+MSG
    3. Contract Ends: 4-9-10
    4. Wife's line is primary with a national company Corporate Discount (-19% plans, -25% Accesories).
    5. Primary line is Blackberry Curve. Eligible NE2 12/9/9 or Upgrade 7/13/9
    6. 2nd Line = My line. LG Env with mobile web and whatever else. Upgrade eligible 8/12/9
    7. 3rd Line = Son's. Not used and I have no plans of continuing it. I have to keep it until 4/9 or pay Early Term. Fee. It is eligible for upgrade now.

Wife and I both want to upgrade to Storm. My son (9yr) doesn't use his phone and doesn't need it (Long story made short = his grandparents wanted to pay for him to have phone so he could call them. They gave us the $ up front for monthly cost. As I told them, the new would fade off and he wouldn't use it.... I was right.) I plan to cut this phone off the account when April rolls around and it's contract fulfilled.

So, what is my best (least expensive, smartest) course to upgrade 1 or 2 of us to the Storm?

Wife may, just may, be able to get her company to upgrade her and the company pay for the phone. If not, we'll have to come up with plan for us to get it done.

Do I do something with upgrading my son's phone, then after it's done swap the numbers between his and mine? Won't that renew his line for 1-2 years leaving me then having to pay the $9.99 per month for what is currently my phone's contract length?

Or is it better to just let my son's line expire and pay full price for a Storm (which I don't know what retail is gonna be)?

I'm starting to think it's going to cost out the nose for me and my wife to get Storms.

Advice appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, wife truly needs a BB. I want a BB. From what I understand, once you have a BB though, your want for one becomes a need.
    Last edited by JamesJ; 11-13-08 at 09:09 AM. Reason: subscribe to thread
    11-13-08 08:20 AM
    Question, please PM me.

I am eligible for NE2 on 12/15/08, and I want to make SURE that I can use this discount on the Storm.

With NE2, 2 year contract, and Storm rebate; I should be paying $99 for the Storm. Can a VZW rep confirm this?

Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by crackberrykyle; 11-13-08 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
    11-13-08 08:44 AM
    not to force my 2 cents in but I think its pretty explainitory my friend... the short answer is yes! lol if ur up for an NE2, u get 100$ off the 2 year contract price making the storm 99$ for you. Unless they changed their policy, that's the low down on it
    11-13-08 09:16 AM
    Question for a VZW Rep (sorry if already asked)

I get 20% off plan via ESPN Employee discount
    I am currently off contract and eligible for $50 NE2
    I am the primary of a 3 line FSP (700 min)
    Normally the ESPN VZW Site has discounts on phones (or instant rebates). Can I apply both my $50 credit and employee dicount, or is it one or the other?
    Can I do this all in-store if my line is already registered with VZW as an ESPN Employee, or do I need to do it via the web?

Thanks!
    11-13-08 12:32 PM
    All the stuff I was hoping to be able to access with the blackberry seem to be blocked. Ive searched the message boards over and received suggestions, but I think that Verizon and not the Curve is hindering my progress. Please help, I would like to stream music on my BB, Ive tried these sites to no avail.

play.it
    pandora (I know this is not available for BB)
    free.napster
    imeem

Is there anything that works for verizon BB's?
    11-13-08 01:42 PM
    My grandfather is on my family line. He has had the chance for the NE2 upgrade for a while now, but he can barely use a phone in general. I want to use his upgrade to get the storm, then switch it over to my phone number. Is this going to be a problem with switching the data plan over? Cause to get the phone I would need to update his data plan, and then cancel it and switch the phone to my name. And then upgrade my plan.

Anyone think that this is going to be a problem? I plan switching everything to my name when I get home after getting the storm, by calling Verizon. Is Verizon going to say something and not let me do it?
    11-13-08 02:09 PM
    SHould not be a problem
    11-13-08 05:10 PM
    But if you're on a $39.99 plan and just over a year of a 2 year contract, i can do a early uprade at the 2 year discounted price correct?
    NO. you answered your own question.
    11-13-08 05:56 PM
    Question for a VZW Rep (sorry if already asked)

I get 20% off plan via ESPN Employee discount
    I am currently off contract and eligible for $50 NE2
    I am the primary of a 3 line FSP (700 min)
    Normally the ESPN VZW Site has discounts on phones (or instant rebates). Can I apply both my $50 credit and employee dicount, or is it one or the other?
    Can I do this all in-store if my line is already registered with VZW as an ESPN Employee, or do I need to do it via the web?

Thanks!
    Yes you can use your NE2 and get your ESPN discount. Yes you can do this in store. Yes you can do this on the web.
    11-13-08 05:58 PM
5,111 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD