View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    If you have gone through 3 or 4 in a short amount of time, usually you can get a direct fulfillment to a bold.
    08-18-10 07:52 PM
    I don't know anyone that has ever needed more than one replacement for any phone, ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 08:29 PM
    It's almost like watching children at the playground! "My dad can beat up YOUR DAD!"
    08-19-10 09:53 AM
    my friend has a verizon bb 85xx and i attempted to help him set it up on the bis site. after entering his pin and meid it said he had to set it up using the device. please help with this matter. this is weird and i dont think anything needed to be done on the handheld.
    08-19-10 10:33 PM
    Why doesn't he just set it up from the phone? That's normal.

08-19-10 10:53 PM
    Why doesn't he just set it up from the phone? That's normal.

because everytime i have done it i have done it on web. i thought that was easiest and i didnt see a link on the phone for set up.
    08-19-10 11:05 PM
    With the new OS versions, you will need to set up the email via the Email Settings icon on the device.
    08-21-10 10:55 AM
    I bought a used tour. good deal really, considering its flawless. Went to activate it and the rep told me that the esn was on the lost/stolen list, and suggested that i contact the previous owner to get it taken off, I did that. and the seller told me that she did ask, but she was told that it wouldnt be offthe list until the end of her billing cycle, thus allowing me to activate it. does this sound right? the date is next week so if its a scam i still have time to file a paypal claim.

08-21-10 11:20 AM
    I bought a used tour. good deal really, considering its flawless. Went to activate it and the rep told me that the esn was on the lost/stolen list, and suggested that i contact the previous owner to get it taken off, I did that. and the seller told me that she did ask, but she was told that it wouldnt be offthe list until the end of her billing cycle, thus allowing me to activate it. does this sound right? the date is next week so if its a scam i still have time to file a paypal claim.

That sounds fishy, because a phone can be removed immediately from a lost/stolen list. What it sounds like is the person filed a claim on the phone, kept the new one (because they probably got a Bold) and sold the Tour to you. I would return it.
    08-21-10 11:27 AM
    I am thinking on switching from Sprint to VZW, since I am out of contract and am unhappy with Sprint's network/signal issues. My wife is in a family plan which is also out-of-contract and which I am going to be joining. I am thinking of taking advantage of the BB Bold 9650 BOGO promotion, but my wife has a VZW Centro without a data plan and she doesn't really want/need a data package or a new phone. Would it be possible to still get two Bolds, port the numbers, then keep one of myself but re-activate the Centro on the other line (will sell the other Bold on eBay to offset the cost) or am I stuck with both BBs and their data plans?
    08-21-10 01:09 PM
    I am thinking on switching from Sprint to VZW, since I am out of contract and am unhappy with Sprint's network/signal issues. My wife is in a family plan which is also out-of-contract and which I am going to be joining. I am thinking of taking advantage of the BB Bold 9650 BOGO promotion, but my wife has a VZW Centro without a data plan and she doesn't really want/need a data package or a new phone. Would it be possible to still get two Bolds, port the numbers, then keep one of myself but re-activate the Centro on the other line (will sell the other Bold on eBay to offset the cost) or am I stuck with both BBs and their data plans?
    You would be able to switch to her Centro. You're just obligated to the contract, not the data plan.

08-21-10 01:18 PM
    That sounds fishy, because a phone can be removed immediately from a lost/stolen list. What it sounds like is the person filed a claim on the phone, kept the new one (because they probably got a Bold) and sold the Tour to you. I would return it.
    turns out, she wasn't lying, phone is activated and working good

08-25-10 09:53 PM
    turns out, she wasn't lying, phone is activated and working good

Well that's good then. You lucked out.

08-26-10 12:15 AM
    Thankfully, its much different then the last bb I had which was a pearl

08-26-10 08:58 AM
    hello again!
    awhile back i had a question about switching over my family plan to my brother's plan because he gets a discount.

today we were finally able to get that done (i was waiting for my ne2 date to get the droid x which i just got and activated yesterday).

so my account is now disconnected and everything is switched over to my brother, however i got my bill this morning for my 'old' account before we switched everything over.

do i still owe? i can still get to my old account online, it tells me what the bill is and i can pay it, i just cant do anything else on the account since it really doesn't exist anymore. i think my billing cycle ends on the 18th so i'm thinking i should only have to be for a week at pro-rated? should i just call or stop in the store and have them check to see what i actual owe now that my account is closed or will they send me a new bill?

(hope that makes sense)
    08-26-10 02:02 PM
    Wait for an updated final bill next month.

08-26-10 07:33 PM
    ok thank you!
    08-27-10 09:49 AM
    i have a question, well 2 actually.
    1. one of my secondary lines is up for exclusive early upgrade, they dont want or need a new phone and i was wondering to do this in store will i need this phone with me or can i do it and just switch it to another line when i get home? or not have them activate it to this line?
    2. one of my other secondary lines has been up for renewal since july, if i was to transfer this to another line does it affect my upgrade date on the other line??

thanks.
    08-29-10 02:34 PM
    no help lol? early upgrade ends the 31st....
    08-29-10 07:15 PM
    i have a question, well 2 actually.
    1. one of my secondary lines is up for exclusive early upgrade, they dont want or need a new phone and i was wondering to do this in store will i need this phone with me or can i do it and just switch it to another line when i get home? or not have them activate it to this line?
    2. one of my other secondary lines has been up for renewal since july, if i was to transfer this to another line does it affect my upgrade date on the other line??

thanks.
    1) The promotional upgrade offer was specific to the line only, but I don't see an issue with you adding it to the other account. And you do not need the other line there to do it.
    2) No it does not.
    08-29-10 10:53 PM
    Depends on the upgrade program. One of them specifically says you cannot move the new phone to a different line.

08-30-10 11:55 AM
    If i buy a RUIM card how can i get the info from Big Red or how can i get Big Red to activate it so i could use it in say the Torch...?
    08-31-10 04:00 AM
    If i buy a RUIM card how can i get the info from Big Red or how can i get Big Red to activate it so i could use it in say the Torch...?
    Not possible.

08-31-10 09:31 AM
    Niether Verizon, nor the Torch support that technology at this time, or is it expected.
    08-31-10 12:09 PM
    VZW NO LONGER PROVIDING RIM TECH SUPPORT?

Today, I experienced a problem with the new, 6.0 DM. I looked around here, and also posted about it (haven't heard anything back yet) so went ahead and called VZW tech support. They were unable to help me and when I asked if I could be transfered to RIM for additional help, they gave me a toll free number to call. Of course, as I expected, calling RIM direct for tech support entails a substantial fee.

Over the past few years, on the very few occasions when I had a problem VZW was unable to resolve, they transferred me directly to RIM tech support who, in most cases, resolved the problem. I just now called VZW back to ask about this and both of the reps I spoke with implicitly state that they haven't done this in "a long time." That's simply not true! Anyone here aware of this issue? My phone is less than a year old (9550) and VZW is unable to resolve the issue. Why should I have to pay $50 to speak with a RIM support rep? And why is VZW acting like this process is "standard" when I know for a fact that it's not?
    09-10-10 03:05 PM
5,111 ... 187188189190191 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD