View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I wish. But so far no news on that yet. I just got the the Incredible but now I want the X....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 06:14 PM
    was just woundering if there will be a pre order for the droid x
    Spoke to Verizon Customer Service last night and they told me that there IS NO PRE-ORDERING the Droid X. This rep also seemed to actually have a clue.
    07-01-10 08:14 PM
    Hi! i have a question.

i am currently on a family plan with my mom. I am the primary account holder. My brother is currently with VZW as well but on his own plan. He wants to join our family plan but his contract isn't up till January and we do not live in the same state.
    What steps do i need to take to get him on my plan, and does he need to be there (if i were to do this in store)?? and If he jumps to my plan before Jan would he be breaking his contract and have to pay the fee??
    07-09-10 03:46 PM
    Hi! i have a question.

i am currently on a family plan with my mom. I am the primary account holder. My brother is currently with VZW as well but on his own plan. He wants to join our family plan but his contract isn't up till January and we do not live in the same state.
    What steps do i need to take to get him on my plan, and does he need to be there (if i were to do this in store)?? and If he jumps to my plan before Jan would he be breaking his contract and have to pay the fee??
    He can definitely add his number to your account without breaking his contract. It's done all the time. You can assume the line by having him call to authorize you can take over his line then call CS for the assumption of liability department. They will take care if it for you.

07-09-10 04:46 PM
    thank you!!
    next question(s)
    when he calls in, will he just have to tell them my name or what additional information of mine will he need??
    and if he calls in to get me authorized can i go to a store to have them do the switch or do i have to call? i'm more of a face to face person =/
    07-09-10 08:42 PM
    and another:
    my brother currently gets an employer discount, if i add him to my account do we get his employer discount or does he have to be the primary?
    07-09-10 08:50 PM
    He will only have to provide your name. You can go to the store if you want, but they'll just call it for you. Regarding discounts, any employer discount is only applicable to the account holder so the account has to be in his name since he is the employee. Maybe you should move to his line

07-09-10 09:51 PM
    yea we were discussing doing that if need be to get the discount. i think we probably will

thank you very much!!
    07-09-10 10:14 PM
    ok sorry one more -
    my ne2 is next month and i want to use that before i hop over to my brother's account.
    so i can buy a new phone with my ne2 and then after that i should be able to take myself and my mom's number over to his account without any termination fees, correct? also my mom just got a moto droid and resigned the contract for that line a month ago. i just want to make sure i'm not going to get slapped with that massive smart phone termination fee.
    07-09-10 10:20 PM
    ok sorry one more -
    my ne2 is next month and i want to use that before i hop over to my brother's account.
    so i can buy a new phone with my ne2 and then after that i should be able to take myself and my mom's number over to his account without any termination fees, correct? also my mom just got a moto droid and resigned the contract for that line a month ago. i just want to make sure i'm not going to get slapped with that massive smart phone termination fee.
    Yes, once the assumtion of liability is done, everything xfers over to the other account. there is no ETF for you.
    07-10-10 09:35 AM
    ok thank you both very much!!
    07-10-10 09:48 AM
    ok another - are the additional lines on the family plans able to do annual upgrades or is it only the primary? (i know only the primary gets ne2)
    07-10-10 10:40 PM
    ok another - are the additional lines on the family plans able to do annual upgrades or is it only the primary? (i know only the primary gets ne2)
    They are only able to upgrade every 20 months. They do not qualify for an annual upgrade.

07-11-10 01:43 AM
    I chose Verizon because they have a reliable network but their prices are too high. I was previously with sprint because they have the best smartphone pricing and value ($70 per month for unlimited everything). Sprint was pretty good in my area but i would always loose my 3G signal inside of buildings which caused my data to run slow. My only gripe with Verizon (my current carrier) is that they charge way too much for unlimited text ($20 per month). I recently read an article that revealed 500 text messages is equivalent to just one minute of voice calling in terms of data use. It also only accounts for 1/10 of 1% of a carriers expenses. I personally think it should cost no more than $10 per month for unlimited text.
    07-11-10 02:16 AM
    I chose Verizon because they have a reliable network but their prices are too high. I was previously with sprint because they have the best smartphone pricing and value ($70 per month for unlimited everything). Sprint was pretty good in my area but i would always loose my 3G signal inside of buildings which caused my data to run slow. My only gripe with Verizon (my current carrier) is that they charge way too much for unlimited text ($20 per month). I recently read an article that revealed 500 text messages is equivalent to just one minute of voice calling in terms of data use. It also only accounts for 1/10 of 1% of a carriers expenses. I personally think it should cost no more than $10 per month for unlimited text.
    What's your question?
    07-11-10 02:33 AM
    Do you know when/if Verizon will upgrade their current version of visual voice mail? The old verison you could erase the notification in your mail folder without erasing you voice mail from the system. Now on version 2.0.16 if y ou erase it from your folder it erases it everywhere.

Needs to be fixed back to the way it was. When I called and spoke to a customer service rep they had no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks
    07-13-10 06:15 PM
    I have a Storm2, and two dumb phones on my plan. Both the dummies have an upgrade available. Can I use either one of those upgrades to get discounted pricing for a new BlackBerry or other Smartphone?

The S2 is not eligible until Nov 2011. Thanks.
    07-15-10 01:29 PM
    I have a Storm2, and two dumb phones on my plan. Both the dummies have an upgrade available. Can I use either one of those upgrades to get discounted pricing for a new BlackBerry or other Smartphone?

The S2 is not eligible until Nov 2011. Thanks.
    Yes you can.
    07-15-10 01:54 PM
    Ok, two quick dumb questions. I ordered a droid x online using our primary line's upgrade. That line didn't have a data plan before and won't be needing one since I intend on using the x on my line. How soon will I be able to drop the extra data plan and what exactly do I have to do once I get the phone?
    07-15-10 11:08 PM
    The data plan won't go on to your plan until you activate the phone. You can either just try to activate it on the desired line but your best bet is to go into a store. They can do it without any prorated charges.

07-17-10 10:15 PM
    When will the Droid Incredible start shipping again? As stated on the website "will ship out by 8/2" is confusing.

07-22-10 08:33 PM
    How is that confusing? If you order it now it will ship by 08/02

07-22-10 10:12 PM
    I'm am not a big text person (calls are SO much easier) but in this case, I may wish to use it a bit more frequently.

I live in the US, have a BB with VZW and the unlimited data plan. I do not have any text plan (shows you what I think of texting, lol). However, I have a friend in the United Kingdom who is buying a BB. My question is, are there any charges to/from the UK for BBM texts?

Thanks!
    07-24-10 03:02 PM
    There are no additional charges if you use BBM here to the UK.

07-24-10 05:25 PM
    How is that confusing? If you order it now it will ship by 08/02

Because in my world when something is said to happen by a certain date, it can happen any day up until and including that day. So in this example, it could ship any day from the order date until 8/2.
    07-24-10 06:12 PM
5,111 ... 185186187188189 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD