View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Apparently not since I did call and was told I'd only be billed for the 5 days I used the service.
    06-13-10 05:33 PM
    I have a Droid and will be going to Israel with it. I am told that Israel is on cdma, so, will skype to skype work on my droid to the USA and if so, will I incur roaming charges. I intend to get the unlimited global data plan.

Thanks for any insight.

Rochelle
    06-19-10 10:54 AM
    I wanna get the opinion of the reps about the tour>bold replacements going on....
    06-20-10 08:49 PM
    I wanna get the opinion of the reps about the tour>bold replacements going on....
    regarding what?
    06-20-10 08:59 PM
    Reading the thread makes me wonder why people get angry when it becomes harder and harder to get warranty replacements.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 12:04 AM
    Q1.
    I went into a vzw store on 6/12 and was able to get an early upgrade from a Tour to a Bold. I paid $249 and got the $100 MIR that I have filed but not yet received. I was told that there was no BOGO, yet I keep hearing that there was/is one. Can I call VZW and get them to send me a second Bold?

Q2.
    I am considering activating my old Tour for my wife, actually trying to sell her on the idea. My question is, we are on a family plan and I of course have a data plan so do we pay $30 for a data plan for her or is there a family plan discount of some type?

Thanks in advance,
    06-21-10 02:37 PM
    You should call VZW and ask but I suspect they won't..

You'll need a second data plan for your wife's phone.
    06-21-10 04:24 PM
    Q1.
    I went into a vzw store on 6/12 and was able to get an early upgrade from a Tour to a Bold. I paid $249 and got the $100 MIR that I have filed but not yet received. I was told that there was no BOGO, yet I keep hearing that there was/is one. Can I call VZW and get them to send me a second Bold?

Q2.
    I am considering activating my old Tour for my wife, actually trying to sell her on the idea. My question is, we are on a family plan and I of course have a data plan so do we pay $30 for a data plan for her or is there a family plan discount of some type?

Thanks in advance,
    A1: within 30 days you can get the BOGO offer. The free phone has to be for either a new line or eligible upgrade though.

A2: She will need her own data plan.

06-21-10 05:57 PM
    A1: within 30 days you can get the BOGO offer. The free phone has to be for either a new line or eligible upgrade though.

A2: She will need her own data plan.

Thanks for the info. I may call vzw and see if I can get the BOGO, all depends if I can get my wife to agree to use the phone.
    06-21-10 10:46 PM
    I just read that if you port you will be charged for the whole month...
    what if I'm on a month 2 month plan and cancel? will I be charged for the whole month?

Also, I got the phone i'm using (droid) from a friend who ported to Sprint. I couldnt activate the phone until his billing cycle was over, I'm assuming because he paid through the end the plan and mentioned above. If I'm on month to month and cancel will the person I sell the phone to be able to activate it right away, or will they have to wait til my billing cycle is over.
    06-22-10 09:54 AM
    Has nothing to do with your contract status. Billing and service goes to the end of the bill cycle.

06-22-10 02:32 PM
    Question: My father is eligible for an upgrade(he currently has an old samsung flip phone and doesnt care to upgrade it) would i be able to use his upgrade to get the Droid X, and then activate it on my line? Verizon did this once before for my sister, when she wasnt eligible we used another line on our account to get her a phone, but that wasnt a smartphone and it didnt need any kind of data plan. So my real question is, will they do this for a smartphone that requires a 29.99 data plan?
    06-23-10 02:13 PM
    Question: Bought an Incredible, activated it on June 8th. Was thinking about returning and getting the new Droid X since I would like the larger screen and overall design better, but it's not out until the 15th. That's 7 days outside my 30 day return period. Having come from AT&T, I don't have a phone I can switch back to for 7 days. Do you think I have any options here? I'd rather not be without a phone for 7 days.
    06-23-10 05:10 PM
    Can anyone explain why VZW Family Locator is not available on any Smartphones? Seriously? What?
    06-23-10 09:38 PM
    Question: My father is eligible for an upgrade(he currently has an old samsung flip phone and doesnt care to upgrade it) would i be able to use his upgrade to get the Droid X, and then activate it on my line? Verizon did this once before for my sister, when she wasnt eligible we used another line on our account to get her a phone, but that wasnt a smartphone and it didnt need any kind of data plan. So my real question is, will they do this for a smartphone that requires a 29.99 data plan?
    Yes, you will be able to take one of the other lines upgrades. And yes they will let you get a smartphone with the data plan. Heck, they want you to.

Question: Bought an Incredible, activated it on June 8th. Was thinking about returning and getting the new Droid X since I would like the larger screen and overall design better, but it's not out until the 15th. That's 7 days outside my 30 day return period. Having come from AT&T, I don't have a phone I can switch back to for 7 days. Do you think I have any options here? I'd rather not be without a phone for 7 days.
    Can you get a phone from a friend? If not you may be SOL.
    06-24-10 12:43 AM
    I switched to a Pre Plus back in March. I have had nothing but issues with it since the end of Apr. I would really like to switch back to a BlackBerry. I am currently on my 5th Pre Plus and the "certified" replacement that i just got today has a loose screen. I haven't even switch to it yet. What are my options here? Call the 800# and see what they can do, or would i be better served to go into the store and talk/show them in person? I love the WebOS, just fed up with having to switch devices all the time. Thank You in advance.

Ryan
    06-24-10 09:03 PM
    I switched to a Pre Plus back in March. I have had nothing but issues with it since the end of Apr. I would really like to switch back to a BlackBerry. I am currently on my 5th Pre Plus and the "certified" replacement that i just got today has a loose screen. I haven't even switch to it yet. What are my options here? Call the 800# and see what they can do, or would i be better served to go into the store and talk/show them in person? I love the WebOS, just fed up with having to switch devices all the time. Thank You in advance.

Ryan
    You are hoping for the multifru policy. But that policy has been discontinued due to abuse. Now, a good option is to chuck you Pre online and go take advantage of a newer program. You can buy a certified like new device without extending you contract. My friend gt the new Curve for 139.99.

06-25-10 05:27 AM
    I switched to a Pre Plus back in March. I have had nothing but issues with it since the end of Apr. I would really like to switch back to a BlackBerry. I am currently on my 5th Pre Plus and the "certified" replacement that i just got today has a loose screen. I haven't even switch to it yet. What are my options here? Call the 800# and see what they can do, or would i be better served to go into the store and talk/show them in person?
    The first place to start is to call CS and tell them what's going on, see if they can help.
    06-25-10 09:14 AM
    I went to my local Verizon store today to buy a 9560, I was told I could use my yearly upgrade and pay 250 with a 100 dollar mail in rebate, and I would have to pay 20 dollar early upgrade fee. Next the rep asked my what phone I have now and I stated an 8330. Just so its out there my NE2 date is Fed of 11and my contract date is 6-11.

Ok that was the fact part now the story that leads up to my question the rep showed me a coupon and said We have been getting these a lot lately, they get you 20 dollars off a 3g phone and 50 of a smart phone did Verizon mail you one? I stated no. He said they are sending them out to get people to switch to 3G phones like the Incredible. He advised me to hold off on buying the phone because I should receive one of these coupons in the mail by July 5th and than I could save some money. I said OK i could wait another week and left. So what are my chances of getting one, what is the deciding factor who gets them, should I go buy a new phone now or wait a week or so, if I don't have a chance at getting this coupon I will go but the phone tomorrow. Any light you can shine on this would be great, Thanks.
    06-27-10 05:12 PM
    The "Private Sale" ends this month. if you didn't receive yet, you won't.

06-27-10 07:51 PM
    Calling them won't do anything. It states in your service contract, when you cancel you will be billed for the full bill cycle depending on when you cancelled. For example, if you bill on the 6th and you cancel on the 10th, you will be billed the entire cycle until the 6th if the next month.
    Well, I got the bill today..... Since I had the plus 65 plan and BIS ($59.98/mo) they calculated the charges from May 25th (my end of the month date) to June 30th (when I ported my number over) and billed me a total (including taxes, fees, etc.) of $0.00.

I wonder if I should send a check or pay by credit card? <G>
    06-30-10 02:07 PM
    This is probably covered somewhere in this forum, but I cannot find it easily, so I will ask here.

From what I have been able to gather, the big advantages of ordering online are 1) immediately get lowest price without having to front and wait on rebate $$$, and 2) the possibility of periodic deals...like earlier this week, an online rep told me she could give me an additional $30 off the lowest online price. She also said they would overnight the phone to me for free and I can take it to my local Verizon store and they will transfer all my data. This all sounds a bit too good to be true.

So, if there is a rep monitoring this thread, or others knowledgeable about the subject, are their specific advantages or disadvantages of order your phone online vs in the store?

And I just got an email from my local BJ's Warehouse offering a $50 gift card with any Verizon purchase. Anyone know if this is a good deal or simply a repackaging of the rebate?

I am eligible for an upgrade on July 5th, and I plan to go from a max-ed out Curve to the new Bold 9650. I want to be well-armed next Monday morning, so thanks in advance for the comments!
    Last edited by Pakbackr; 07-01-10 at 10:12 AM. Reason: forgot title
    07-01-10 10:12 AM
    who is the Verizon rep here?
    07-01-10 11:43 AM
    who is the Verizon rep here?
    Must have taken off early for the 4th of July weekend!
    07-01-10 12:23 PM
    was just woundering if there will be a pre order for the droid x
    07-01-10 05:36 PM
5,111 ... 184185186187188 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD