View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Ok I will give it a shot. Its just funny I got to get the wife to call because her name is the one on the account even tho I pay the bill and buy the phones. If she was the one wanting to upgrade she already would have called them by now (case in point she ran right to the local vzw store when I said I buy her a new phone). I sure hope they can hook me up cuz I want a new phone haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 02:18 AM
    Ok I will give it a shot. Its just funny I got to get the wife to call because her name is the one on the account even tho I pay the bill and buy the phones. If she was the one wanting to upgrade she already would have called them by now (case in point she ran right to the local vzw store when I said I buy her a new phone). I sure hope they can hook me up cuz I want a new phone haha

Two things the wife can do, but it her choice. SHe can login on line and add you as an account manager or call CS and they can do it. Problem solved.
    06-04-10 08:07 AM
    I have 5 lines on my account so adding a line and then canceling is not an option.

My son is going to Australia at the end of the month and will be there for 3 weeks. We decided he would take his cell phone and we would just pay the international rates for calls and texts to home.

He mentioned yesterday that is not a good idea because he can't be sure his friends will not call or text him during the trip.

I'm looking for a short term option so that he can take a phone to Australia to call home (expect 3 calls over 3 weeks for about 30 minutes each) send us texts about his activities (probably send 3 and receive 3 each day). We have a phone for him to use so don't need to worry about that. I talked to a CSR about the rates and have no issue with that but I want to limit my cost to calls to/from us.

I'm not looking to game the system. Is my best option a month-to-month and cancel after 1 month?

Thanks
    06-04-10 12:44 PM
    Have him get a local prepaid phone in country. He can you the number and not his friends. minutes cheaper as well.

I have 5 lines on my account so adding a line and then canceling is not an option.

My son is going to Australia at the end of the month and will be there for 3 weeks. We decided he would take his cell phone and we would just pay the international rates for calls and texts to home.

He mentioned yesterday that is not a good idea because he can't be sure his friends will not call or text him during the trip.

I'm looking for a short term option so that he can take a phone to Australia to call home (expect 3 calls over 3 weeks for about 30 minutes each) send us texts about his activities (probably send 3 and receive 3 each day). We have a phone for him to use so don't need to worry about that. I talked to a CSR about the rates and have no issue with that but I want to limit my cost to calls to/from us.

I'm not looking to game the system. Is my best option a month-to-month and cancel after 1 month?

Thanks
    06-04-10 01:36 PM
    i won a 9550. I already have two. Will verizon exchange it for another phone? The contest was through blackberry and it is coming from verizon.

Thanks!
    I'll buy it from ya.
    06-04-10 04:32 PM
    Hello: just looking for an answer that might help me get my 9550 work with tmobile. I have gone to berryology.com to get it working and tried every step. So far I got edge and with everything on it. But no bbm, or browser only tzones... I was also told that verizon needs to release the PIN. But I bought the phone on craigslist so idk how to call and tell them to release the PIN. any1 can give me a good advice to get it release or something I can do. My good old pearl 8120 won't last me too long please. Finally I get my hands on a 9550 and this issue comes up. Can any1 help a new owner of 9550 please.... Verizon!

06-08-10 12:08 AM
    Quick rebate quesiton. Am I entitled to the mail in rebate on the 9650 if I pay full retail price? Thanks.
    06-09-10 11:07 AM
    I just bought mine at full price and was told no.

06-09-10 11:17 AM
    Quick rebate quesiton. Am I entitled to the mail in rebate on the 9650 if I pay full retail price? Thanks.
    No, when you purchase your device at full-retail, you do NOT qualify for the mail in rebate.
    06-09-10 11:34 AM
    No, when you purchase your device at full-retail, you do NOT qualify for the mail in rebate.
    Thanks guys!
    06-09-10 11:38 AM
    My ATT contract is up.

heavily considering switching to VZ/Droid.
    Have some questions.

If I buy a Droid from a friend, switch to VZ and use that will I still have my upgrade discount when I do decide to buy a new phone?
    What are the steps to port my number?
    06-10-10 12:30 PM
    My ATT contract is up.

heavily considering switching to VZ/Droid.
    Have some questions.

If I buy a Droid from a friend, switch to VZ and use that will I still have my upgrade discount when I do decide to buy a new phone?
    What are the steps to port my number?
    Yes, you can bring in existing equipment, no problem. You will pay the $35 activation fee, and you'll be on a month-to-month contract. You will be able to upgrade whenever you would like at 2 year pricing (with no NE2).

As for porting your number, it is quite easy now. Go to Verizon, ask to port in your number. They will activate the Droid for you. If you're with AT&T, Verizon will contact them (make sure you take in a copy of your bill or have your account number). AT&T will be notified of the port and your AT&T account will be cancelled within 24 hours. AT&T is pretty quick about releasing the number and your Verizon phone should work within a few minutes.
    06-10-10 12:50 PM
    Here's a real good one for you!

I received my new Blackberry today (corporate account) from Verizon.

Opened the box, everything is inside EXCEPT the BERRY!! WTF?

Now what?

The purchasing agent has emailed Verizon but so far no response.
    06-10-10 02:42 PM
    06-10-10 05:51 PM
    What do you mean..."please." In regards to the early upgrade, you either qualify or you don't. Your account is flagged/notated that you are eligible for the early upgrade promotion. There is no fudging, or codes that cam be entered...you either qualify or you don't.

06-10-10 06:53 PM
    Can someone tell me when the BOGO for the BOLD expires?
    06-11-10 04:22 PM
    Can someone tell me when the BOGO for the BOLD expires?
    The current BOGO is until 06/20. But I'm sure it will continue.

06-11-10 07:06 PM
    Does anyone know if you can get the $50 Private Sale Promotion + the BOGO for the Bold? Rep keeps telling me she can't yet people say they've gotten it. Which is correct?!
    06-13-10 11:47 AM
    Here's one for a VZW rep (but I don't think there's any answer.)

I ported my number over to another carrier and would like to pay my final bill with VZW but, of course, I can no longer log onto the website to see my bill. I suppose if I wait long enough they'll send me one but is there any way to get it sooner?

NOTE: Any comments about relative 'goodness' of carriers are unwelcome, I've been with VZW since it was Airtouch Cellular and for all those years they have been unable to provide coverage where I need it, T-Mobile (believe it or not!) does and they're the ONLY carrier who does. I don't care what works for you, this is about ME and ONLY ME, OK?
    06-13-10 12:13 PM
    Here's one for a VZW rep (but I don't think there's any answer.)

I ported my number over to another carrier and would like to pay my final bill with VZW but, of course, I can no longer log onto the website to see my bill. I suppose if I wait long enough they'll send me one but is there any way to get it sooner?

NOTE: Any comments about relative 'goodness' of carriers are unwelcome, I've been with VZW since it was Airtouch Cellular and for all those years they have been unable to provide coverage where I need it, T-Mobile (believe it or not!) does and they're the ONLY carrier who does. I don't care what works for you, this is about ME and ONLY ME, OK?
    You have 30 days after closing your account to see your bill online. After that you can pay your bill at www.vzw.com/paymybill. Another option is going to a store.

06-13-10 12:16 PM
    You have 30 days after closing your account to see your bill online.
    Thanks, the trick is to log in using my username rather than my phone number since the number is gone from their data base.

It worked just fine but they're billing me for a whole month rather than from May 23rd (billing date) to May 25th (date I left).

It looks like I'll have to call them or go to the store?
    06-13-10 01:00 PM
    When you port out out cancel, youwill be billed for the entire month. Sorry man, they don't pro rate anymore.

06-13-10 02:21 PM
    When you port out out cancel, youwill be billed for the entire month. Sorry man, they don't pro rate anymore.
    Geez, I didn't know that. I'll give 'em a call and see what's up with that, I didn't see than anywhere on their website....
    06-13-10 03:30 PM
    It's in the fine print if the terms of service.

06-13-10 03:48 PM
    Geez, I didn't know that. I'll give 'em a call and see what's up with that, I didn't see than anywhere on their website....
    Calling them won't do anything. It states in your service contract, when you cancel you will be billed for the full bill cycle depending on when you cancelled. For example, if you bill on the 6th and you cancel on the 10th, you will be billed the entire cycle until the 6th if the next month.

06-13-10 05:13 PM
5,111 ... 183184185186187 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD