View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have a question about certified preowned (CPO) phone, any one have the criteria list and approximate cost per phone? I am looking to get my lifeguard son the G'Zone Rock that's a CPO, and I wanna have a rough estimate of price before I open my mouth and insert my foot.
    05-29-10 01:10 AM
    I have a question about certified preowned (CPO) phone, any one have the criteria list and approximate cost per phone? I am looking to get my lifeguard son the G'Zone Rock that's a CPO, and I wanna have a rough estimate of price before I open my mouth and insert my foot.
    Your best bet is to call in so you can find out if you are eligible, then find out the price. Here are the requirements I found here.

•If your device is lost, stolen or damaged and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Wireless Phone Protection, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device to replace your original device.
    •If your device experiences a defect after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired and you are not enrolled in Total Equipment Coverage or Extended Warranty, you can purchase a Certified Pre-Owned device to replace your original device.
    •There is a limit of one Certified Pre-Owned device per mobile number every 12 months.
    Last edited by supermario28; 05-29-10 at 01:52 AM.
    05-29-10 01:47 AM
    supermario28,
    Thank you for the info.
    05-29-10 10:15 PM
    I just sold my storm 1 a couple of days ago on Craigslist. I have a different phone now, same number on same account.

The guy calls me today and wants me to call VZW and get the unlock code for the phone, i guess so he can sell it unlocked or something.

Should i call VZW and would they give it to me since the phone is being used by someone else now? He claims he hasn't activated it on VZW yet.
    05-30-10 09:00 PM
    Its worth a shot. Call them up and tell them you still have the phone and are traveling to Europe and would like to use a local Sim in the storm. Tell them you understand the consequences and you are willing to waive your support rights with regards to any damage the Sim may cause the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 09:27 PM
    Its worth a shot. Call them up and tell them you still have the phone and are traveling to Europe and would like to use a local Sim in the storm. Tell them you understand the consequences and you are willing to waive your support rights with regards to any damage the Sim may cause the device.

The phone does have to be active on the account...
    05-30-10 10:19 PM
    Mario would know better than I, he works there. Sorry guy, but have the guy check the unlocking forum here there are plenty of specials.

05-31-10 12:03 AM
    Agreed, must be active
    05-31-10 10:20 AM
    Hello Everyone!
    I saw that Virgin Mobile is offering BB service now, and their plan is $35! That's equivalent of my current data package with Verizon plus Unlimited Text, Picture and Video messaging is in the bundle also. I currently have a Droid right now, I have two other lines with my account but mine is the main line. How can I cancel this without the BIG Early Term fee? Both of my lines have upgrades soon so maybe I can get out by using there end of contract or something...

Basically, I have 3 lines; I want to cut one. How much will it cost me? I'm a 'high premier' customer also, for paying full retail on so many phones.
    06-01-10 10:12 PM
    You can do an Assumption of Liability, where someone takes over your line. But there is no way to cancel with no fee.

06-01-10 11:05 PM
    You can do an Assumption of Liability, where someone takes over your line. But there is no way to cancel with no fee.

How much is the ETF now?
    06-01-10 11:09 PM
    How much is the ETF now?
    175 for normal phones and 375 for advanced devices. It decreases every month you fulfill the contract. 5 a month for regular phones and 10 a month for advanced devices.

06-01-10 11:40 PM
    I'm only 18 months into my contract, dang it. Hopefully I will find some way to cancel it and move to Virgin US. In the long run, when I pay my ETF for my line and my $300 to purchase the 8530 with Virgin, Ill save money with the $35 plan. I guess I will just have to cut some vacation time this summer.
    06-01-10 11:57 PM
    How is the coverage for this 35 dollar Virgin mobile plan?

06-02-10 12:01 AM
    How is the coverage for this 35 dollar Virgin mobile plan?

What do you mean?
    Virgin US uses Sprint's towers, so its relatively good.
    06-02-10 12:02 AM
    Sprint's service is relative to where you live. They have 3G where I am, but it's so spotty. When I was with Sprint, for all 6 days, I had a good signal at home but none at work...
    06-02-10 02:22 PM
    i won a 9550. I already have two. Will verizon exchange it for another phone? The contest was through blackberry and it is coming from verizon.

Thanks!
    06-02-10 05:40 PM
    i won a 9550. I already have two. Will verizon exchange it for another phone? The contest was through blackberry and it is coming from verizon.

Thanks!
    Congrats! No they will not exchange a phone you didn't purchase from them. You can sell it.....

06-02-10 06:26 PM
    After much convincing, a friend of mine is almost ready to take the Smartphone plunge. His 2 year contract has been up for several months and his phone is a slight improvement over the Zack Morris phone. (side note- his service has temporarily been suspended pending processing of a week late payment. Apathy is the typical culprit and as a result, he tends to frequently forget to pay each month and pays his bill on an "unofficial" two month billing cycle. This month his service was uncharacteristically suspended after falling behind by only one week)

Nevertheless, I could use some un-biased reccomendations (he assumes I'm biased towards BB and VZW) to provide him for minimizing his monthly bill while upgrading to a BB plan. I'm literally a few pricing options from selling him on the upgrade. He primarily needs the phone to improve efficiency for business-related purposes, but will not have the benefit of BES (if it makes a difference). Low text and minimal minute requirements. Email will be his primary form of communication, with minimal minute and text requirements.

The new Bold specs seem to best fit his needs. Most storage capacity of available VZW BB QWERTY devices, largest screen for editing and creating documents, and apparently the more natural feeling keyboard of available BB's.

I have provided him with several potential pricing options/scenarios(so please don't think I'm asking for assistance without a reasonable amount of due diligence on my part; he mainly hopes to receive advice from knowledgeable 3rd parties who don't stand to benefit financially from his impending commitment). Another reason for his inquiry is the apparent invite-only promo regarding a $50-$100 for the new BOLD. Until a month or two ago he received frequent and geneous upgrade offers in the mail, but such offers have since ceased to arrive.

Anyhow, I realize the circumstances of this inquiry/request are peculiar, but I've been pushing him to drop his dumbohone since June of last year and after much debate/demonstration,he's literally done a 179 degree turn from a year ago- I've never participated in a debate for this long so it would be nice to finally sell him on a BB and I need help pushing him that 1 extra degree.

Any ideas for minimizing costs of this upgrade would be greatly appreciated. And please correct me if I'm wrong in establishing the BOLD as his best match. If you're still reading this long-winded plea for assistance, thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM me as well should additional info be required for an accurate asessment.

Thanks for any guidance, no matter how rough the estimate.
    Last edited by bobsacamano; 06-03-10 at 05:23 AM.
    06-03-10 05:03 AM
    Ok i got a question for a rep. I am hoping there is some sort of work around that a person in the vzw chat help just wouldn't be willing to give out.

So about a month ago we upgraded one line from a lg dare to a bb curve. We had to do it early because her dare was being well a dare. It was next to unusable and she also wanted to make the bb leap. Well in order to do that we had to upgrade early (our plan is up march of 2011). Now i would like to upgrade my tour to a bold and sign a new two year for that because i want the new bold and also we want to keep both phones contracts close to each other. It seems this can't be done (for the most part) because vzw only offers 1 early upgrade per account. So if i want a bold i need to pay full retail price.

Is there any way around this to upgrade my phone earlier then 11/05/10?
    06-03-10 08:54 AM
    After much convincing, a friend of mine is almost ready to take the Smartphone plunge. His 2 year contract has been up for several months and his phone is a slight improvement over the Zack Morris phone. (side note- his service has temporarily been suspended pending processing of a week late payment. Apathy is the typical culprit and as a result, he tends to frequently forget to pay each month and pays his bill on an "unofficial" two month billing cycle. This month his service was uncharacteristically suspended after falling behind by only one week)

Nevertheless, I could use some un-biased reccomendations (he assumes I'm biased towards BB and VZW) to provide him for minimizing his monthly bill while upgrading to a BB plan. I'm literally a few pricing options from selling him on the upgrade. He primarily needs the phone to improve efficiency for business-related purposes, but will not have the benefit of BES (if it makes a difference). Low text and minimal minute requirements. Email will be his primary form of communication, with minimal minute and text requirements.

The new Bold specs seem to best fit his needs. Most storage capacity of available VZW BB QWERTY devices, largest screen for editing and creating documents, and apparently the more natural feeling keyboard of available BB's.

I have provided him with several potential pricing options/scenarios(so please don't think I'm asking for assistance without a reasonable amount of due diligence on my part; he mainly hopes to receive advice from knowledgeable 3rd parties who don't stand to benefit financially from his impending commitment). Another reason for his inquiry is the apparent invite-only promo regarding a $50-$100 for the new BOLD. Until a month or two ago he received frequent and geneous upgrade offers in the mail, but such offers have since ceased to arrive.

Anyhow, I realize the circumstances of this inquiry/request are peculiar, but I've been pushing him to drop his dumbohone since June of last year and after much debate/demonstration,he's literally done a 179 degree turn from a year ago- I've never participated in a debate for this long so it would be nice to finally sell him on a BB and I need help pushing him that 1 extra degree.

Any ideas for minimizing costs of this upgrade would be greatly appreciated. And please correct me if I'm wrong in establishing the BOLD as his best match. If you're still reading this long-winded plea for assistance, thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM me as well should additional info be required for an accurate asessment.

Thanks for any guidance, no matter how rough the estimate.
    Since he needs it for business purposes, cost will be higher. He will have to be on the BES. If he wants his work e-mail, calendar, and contacts, he will need BES. If not, BIS will do just fine.

Anytime there is a smartphone involved, costs are high. Minimum costs for him:

Plan 450 = 39.99
    Texts 250 = 5.00
    BIS = 29.99

Total cost = 74.98 before taxes (so add another 5-10)
    06-03-10 09:48 AM
    Ok i got a question for a rep. I am hoping there is some sort of work around that a person in the vzw chat help just wouldn't be willing to give out.

So about a month ago we upgraded one line from a lg dare to a bb curve. We had to do it early because her dare was being well a dare. It was next to unusable and she also wanted to make the bb leap. Well in order to do that we had to upgrade early (our plan is up march of 2011). Now i would like to upgrade my tour to a bold and sign a new two year for that because i want the new bold and also we want to keep both phones contracts close to each other. It seems this can't be done (for the most part) because vzw only offers 1 early upgrade per account. So if i want a bold i need to pay full retail price.

Is there any way around this to upgrade my phone earlier then 11/05/10?
    If your family plan is above 79.99 (for the base plan) you qualify for an early upgrade. It is for the primary line ONLY and it can be done 12 months after the contract began. It will reset your contract dates. You are able to purchase a new device at 2 year pricing with NO NE2 discount. If you're on the family talk and text plan (99.99) you qualify. Hope that helps. Other than that, you're other options are: Full retail, or buying a used phone.
    06-03-10 09:51 AM
    Since he needs it for business purposes, cost will be higher. He will have to be on the BES. If he wants his work e-mail, calendar, and contacts, he will need BES. If not, BIS will do just fine.

Anytime there is a smartphone involved, costs are high. Minimum costs for him:

Plan 450 = 39.99
    Texts 250 = 5.00
    BIS = 29.99

Total cost = 74.98 before taxes (so add another 5-10)
    Thanks for the analysis.

Any chance he might be eligible for a discount on the phone itself? I've read about the 9650 going for $50-100 in other threads and he's had the same dumb phone for well past terms under the NE2 policy.

Either way, the price points you mentioned are well within his means.

Thanks again.

06-03-10 11:14 AM
    We are on a family plan. 2 lines paying 180 a month. Were used that primary line upgrade to switch her from dare to curve. So I guess I am boned. Just weird to me I guess the vzw dealer made it seem like her line is now starting the 2 year over with that upgrade and mine doesn't start over untill march. Guess not tho haha

06-03-10 11:17 AM
    We are on a family plan. 2 lines paying 180 a month. Were used that primary line upgrade to switch her from dare to curve. So I guess I am boned. Just weird to me I guess the vzw dealer made it seem like her line is now starting the 2 year over with that upgrade and mine doesn't start over untill march. Guess not tho haha

Call in to see what you qualify for. There are current promos running that you may qualify for, that are not available online.
    06-03-10 12:16 PM
5,111 ... 182183184185186 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD