View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Anyone know the status of the LG Ally? I pre-ordered yesterday...

Rob
    05-20-10 09:45 AM
    Anyone know the status of the LG Ally? I pre-ordered yesterday...

Rob
    What do you mean the status? You can check you own order status online. Are you asking when the phone will ship?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 07:03 PM
    When will they start shipping. My status is "awaiting phone availability", and I had thought they would be released the 20th per all the rumor blogs.
    05-21-10 07:33 AM
    When will they start shipping. My status is "awaiting phone availability", and I had thought they would be released the 20th per all the rumor blogs.
    It's supposed to be released in all channels today (5/20), but that's all rumor. Those rumors are based off documents that are from Verizon.

LG Ally release date and full specs revealed

They will start shipping as soon as the phone is available.
    05-21-10 08:38 AM
    fair enough, thanks.
    05-21-10 09:35 AM
    I am on my fourth Storm 2 in about 6 months, due to bad screens and other bugs. What recourse do I have to get out of the Storm mess and into a new device? There are still bugs in my current replacement, and it is getting tiring to constantly have issues.
    05-21-10 11:45 AM
    I am on my fourth Storm 2 in about 6 months, due to bad screens and other bugs. What recourse do I have to get out of the Storm mess and into a new device? There are still bugs in my current replacement, and it is getting tiring to constantly have issues.
    Sorry that you are having issues with your phone. You do have some options to replace your phone. Your warranty only covers the phone you purchased, so under warranty you will only get the Storm 2, nothing else. You can add a line to get a new phone at a discounted price or pay full retail for a new phone.
    05-21-10 11:53 AM
    Sorry that you are having issues with your phone. You do have some options to replace your phone. Your warranty only covers the phone you purchased, so under warranty you will only get the Storm 2, nothing else. You can add a line to get a new phone at a discounted price or pay full retail for a new phone.
    So I am stuck with a device that will be crap until such a time as I am eligible for something else? Adding a new line does nothing for me but increase my cost and I am still stuck with an expensive device that is a POS. How many times do I have to get a replacement before someone admits this thing is garbage?
    05-21-10 11:55 AM
    So I am stuck with a device that will be crap until such a time as I am eligible for something else? Adding a new line does nothing for me but increase my cost and I am still stuck with an expensive device that is a POS. How many times do I have to get a replacement before someone admits this thing is garbage?
    Then how about you call them and see what can be done for you? You never know until you ask...because asking here really does nothing for you, no one here as the ability to make anything happen if we have no access to your account. Good luck because everyone should be entitled to a phone that works right for them.
    05-21-10 12:03 PM
    I ordered the phone and activated a new line with CS. Unfortunately, I lost the pre-paid shipping label. Can I bring my phone to the store to return it and cancel my line too?

Thanks
    05-21-10 12:42 PM
    I ordered the phone and activated a new line with CS. Unfortunately, I lost the pre-paid shipping label. Can I bring my phone to the store to return it and cancel my line too?

Thanks
    They can send it in, but since it was ordered online, it needs to be returned to the warehouse. The store can print a label out or provide more detailed instructions how to return the device properly.
    05-21-10 07:13 PM
    fair enough, thanks.
    Word has it that it was been pushed back a week at least. There was a meeting last night about it...sorry.
    05-21-10 07:14 PM

Thanks
    I have returned 2 phones in my lifetime with Verizon, both ordered off of the VZW website and both returned to a store for a different phone.
    05-22-10 09:29 AM
    If I purchase a phone at full retail would I be able to use my corporate discount on it? Thanks.

05-22-10 01:46 PM
    If I purchase a phone at full retail would I be able to use my corporate discount on it? Thanks.

No.

10char
    05-22-10 02:13 PM
    My annual upgrade date is June 11. Do you think a telesales rep would let me order a DInc now because it's not scheduled to ship until 6/15?

I think that seems reasonable. If I was getting any other phone other than the Incredible I would get it June 12. Thoughts from a VZW rep? Worth a try?
    05-24-10 09:57 PM
    My annual upgrade date is June 11. Do you think a telesales rep would let me order a DInc now because it's not scheduled to ship until 6/15?

I think that seems reasonable. If I was getting any other phone other than the Incredible I would get it June 12. Thoughts from a VZW rep? Worth a try?
    Always worth a try. Unless they can get a manager's approval, no. Usually the annual upgrade appears online only on the day occurs. It won't show until after that day.

But hey, its worth a shot right? The worst thing that could happen is that they will say no.

05-24-10 10:07 PM
    any one have any sort of idea with the tour2 is coming ou?
    05-25-10 01:44 PM
    any one have any sort of idea with the tour2 is coming ou?
    Idea with what?

05-25-10 02:32 PM
    I just got back from Turkey, where I bought and used a prepaid Turkcell SIM card for use in my unlocked Verizon Tour. I made and received phone calls with my Turkish phone number, texted, etc.

Now, I just arrived back in the US after 3 weeks, the Turkish SIM card still in my blackberry, and my blackberry is now working as though my Verizon SIM card is in it, with my US phone number. I had to re-set up my email, but other than that, it started working exactly as though my Verizon SIM card was in it. I even went online to myverizon.com to check, and my texts are showing up as coming from/being received from my verizon phone number. I don't understand how this is happening.

How does my Turkcell sim card know my Verizon phone number, and how does using my blackberry with a turkcell sim card show up on myverizon.com as though my Verizon SIM card is in it???
    05-25-10 05:32 PM
    As far as I know, your device will not use the SIM card while in the US. THe SIM is only used while you are international. WHen you unlocked the device, that just allows you to use local SIM cards

I just got back from Turkey, where I bought and used a prepaid Turkcell SIM card for use in my unlocked Verizon Tour. I made and received phone calls with my Turkish phone number, texted, etc.

Now, I just arrived back in the US after 3 weeks, the Turkish SIM card still in my blackberry, and my blackberry is now working as though my Verizon SIM card is in it, with my US phone number. I had to re-set up my email, but other than that, it started working exactly as though my Verizon SIM card was in it. I even went online to myverizon.com to check, and my texts are showing up as coming from/being received from my verizon phone number. I don't understand how this is happening.

How does my Turkcell sim card know my Verizon phone number, and how does using my blackberry with a turkcell sim card show up on myverizon.com as though my Verizon SIM card is in it???
    05-25-10 05:45 PM
    I'm using my Turckell sim card in the US, and it's acting like my verizon sim card is installed instead. I even took the turkcell sim card out, did a battery pull, and reinserted the Turkcell SIM card, and my calls/texts are still showing up on myverizon. Pretty weird. I'm hoping someone can explain what's going on.
    05-25-10 06:03 PM
    I figured it out--duh--I'm used to GSM networks, ATT, T-Mobile, etc, that require a SIM card in order to work, and forgot CDMA doesn't use SIM cards, though since the Tour is a "world" phone, it has a SIM card, but works on the CDMA network without one.
    05-25-10 07:41 PM
    Make sure you go in and change your network settings to 1XEV only.

05-25-10 09:44 PM

Success!!

I love VZW
    05-27-10 06:54 PM
5,111 ... 181182183184185 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD