View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    To the Verizon Rep.

Recently I've been finding "stuff" on my Blackberry that I never installed. Things like Slacker Radio, Skype, Backup Assistant and NFL mobile - NONE of which I want. None of these are listed under Options => Advanced Options => Applications so it appears there is no way to get rid of the junk.

Is Verizon pushing crapware to Blackberrys?
    Just as markhunsaker said, just hide the icons. The icons you see are not installed apps that's why you don't see them in Applications.
    05-08-10 10:55 AM
    My dad lost blackberry phone and just got a "dumb phone" for temporary use. He wanna remove the blackberry data plan for a month then activate it back until he get another blackberry. Is he able to do that?
    05-11-10 10:58 AM
    My dad lost blackberry phone and just got a "dumb phone" for temporary use. He wanna remove the blackberry data plan for a month then activate it back until he get another blackberry. Is he able to do that?
    Yes. The BB plan is only active when the BB is, so he will not have the data plan on his line while the regular phone is active.
    05-11-10 12:01 PM
    Try reading ALL the words dummy
    I don't want to pay for something I don't want
    I don't want DATA, a key-hole to the internet, a postage stamp view of the World Wide Web.
    I only want a display I can SEE and a real keyboard for typing TEXT
    Trying to send a "text" message on a phone key-pad is insane. I have no desire to spend 10 minutes typing one sentence. And with a small display I can't tell if I am even misspelling

So go jump some bricks mario
    You are not at all concerned with gaining cooperation with anyone as much as you're concerned with shouting (figuratively or literally) at folks instead of asking politely for what you need. If the company doesn't provide a product or service that fits your specific needs, it sounds like it's time for you to explore other providers who may be able to fit your needs more completely.

I could easily imagine you're the type to call and give a CS rep an earfull when they have been nothing if not polite. Just because the answer isn't what you wanted to hear is not a reason to treat others in a rude and/or insulting fashion. Don't confuse a person who works for or is familiar with an organization with the organization itself.
    05-11-10 11:22 PM
    I tried asking this in the general S2 forum but got no answer - thought I would ask here....

would the resident VZW rep please tell me if its possible to forward my cell number to a different voice mail box when I'm outside the vzw network? I am travelling overseas and now where I'm at,for some reason my voice mail greeting isn't playing for callers. Instead, the network I'm roaming on has a message in the local language asking the caller to try again as the number they have dialled is busy - the issue is all my callers don't speak that language!!!!!
    05-13-10 09:37 AM
    I tried asking this in the general S2 forum but got no answer - thought I would ask here....

would the resident VZW rep please tell me if its possible to forward my cell number to a different voice mail box when I'm outside the vzw network? I am travelling overseas and now where I'm at,for some reason my voice mail greeting isn't playing for callers. Instead, the network I'm roaming on has a message in the local language asking the caller to try again as the number they have dialled is busy - the issue is all my callers don't speak that language!!!!!
    There is an option, you can activate no answer/busy transfer, which is almost the same as call-forwarding. You will not be able to activate it while outside of the network, so you may have to call, to have it added for you manually.
    05-13-10 12:02 PM
    Is it possible to open a third line and switch the device purchased to another line on the same plan? Like covering if i broke a phone? thanks.
    05-15-10 12:27 AM
    Is it possible to open a third line and switch the device purchased to another line on the same plan? Like covering if i broke a phone? thanks.
    Yes you can.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 12:44 AM
    Thanks for that answer. Other question I have is if I want to cancel a line that has a smartphone on it now but pay 175, can I put a dumb phone on it to do so? Its a evil question but its a thought I had. Thanks.

05-15-10 01:22 AM
    Thanks for that answer. Other question I have is if I want to cancel a line that has a smartphone on it now but pay 175, can I put a dumb phone on it to do so? Its a evil question but its a thought I had. Thanks.

Yes you can. It's done all the time. You can switch devices any time and go from smartphone to a regular phone and vice versa.
    05-15-10 01:35 AM
    Dear Verizon Rep.
    Do you have any idea when the price with drop on the Incredible?
    05-15-10 01:23 PM
    BBM question:

I have an 8330 Curve and I'm having trouble using BBM. I have the old 4.3 version and have never upgraded my OS either. I am mildly technically challenged and am hoping you can tell me what I need to do to get this working. Do I need to upgrade my OS and then upgrade to BBM 5.0? Whenever I try to message with someone, first I get the "clock of death" that tells me the person is busy, or I get the "unreachable" icon. My BBM has been locked up since Tuesday. There are messages, but I can't retrieve them.

If an upgrade is in order, where do I go to do this?

Thanks in advance.
    05-15-10 06:28 PM
    Dear Verizon Rep.
    You already created a thread for this.
    05-15-10 08:56 PM
    Dear Verizon Rep.
    It all depends on how well it sells. The way things are going...there won't be a price drop for a while.

05-16-10 11:27 PM
    Two weeks ago, I ported my number from T-mobile to Verizon and activate a 4th line into my family plan (and bought an Incredible too). Now I really don't like the Inc much like I thought even though it is a great phone. I want to return the phone, cancel the line and move my number back to Verizon.

Which steps I need to follow to get the task done? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    05-17-10 12:38 AM
    1. why does at&t, t mobile,and sprint have better BB's n a way better selection?
    2. which phone is better Curve 8350 or The Tour?
    3. if i choose 1 i don't like what r the steps 2 returning it?

thanx 4 every1's help in advance
    05-17-10 03:11 AM
    1. why does at&t, t mobile,and sprint have better BB's n a way better selection?

Which BB's are you referring to?
    The tour.
    Each Verizon place has different return policies. If your a new member though you have 30 days to try everything out. If you hate it, take it back and you have to pay a restocking fee normally.
    05-18-10 01:32 AM
    If you are using a corporate Verizon store the return policy is the SAME. You have 30 days from the date of purchase. If you don't like it for any reason, return the device in like new condition with all original accessories and box (dont send in the rebate)... and you'll get a full refund.

You get one exchange in your thirty days that you have the option to switch to any other device. You only get one exchange. you will pay a 35 dollar restoring fee.

if you are dealing with a third party retailer, they have their own cancellation fees and return policy.

READ THE FINE PRINT.

05-18-10 07:34 PM
    Two weeks ago, I ported my number from T-mobile to Verizon and activate a 4th line into my family plan (and bought an Incredible too). Now I really don't like the Inc much like I thought even though it is a great phone. I want to return the phone, cancel the line and move my number back to Verizon.

Which steps I need to follow to get the task done? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Your best step would be to go back to the store you got the phone from. They will be able to best explain your options of returning. You should be able to return the phone with no problem.

05-18-10 07:36 PM

1. GSM is what the world mainly uses. Verizon and Sprint run on CDMA. RIM makes the phones that will sell in the most markets...GSM.

How does Sprint have better BlackBerries? They have the Tour and the old curve. Verizon has the Tour, Storm2, the new Curve. Sprint does have the new Bold, but so will Verizon soon.

2. The Tour has a higher resolution screen. The new Curve 850 has a track pad and WiFi. It all depends on what you like. Personally, I think the Tour's keyboard better.

3. See my post above about Verizon's return policy.

05-18-10 07:41 PM

How does Sprint have better BlackBerries? They have the Tour and the old curve. Verizon has the Tour, Storm2, the new Curve. Sprint does have the new Bold, but so will Verizon soon.
    Sprint actually has the tour, curve 8530 and the bold now. Pretty much the same as verizon. Except verizon is soon to have the curve 2, storm 2, and tour, and bold. So technically verizon's are better. You can roam globally with the tour, storm 2, and bold.
    05-19-10 01:39 AM
    Is Verizon planning on updating the .508 OS to the new .654 OS any time soon?
    05-19-10 08:10 AM
    I was always wondering about the Billing...
    Say I have a plan that costs a total of $90/month, and I never go over my minutes or texts or anything but its always a $10 fluctuation every month ($90-100 bills) when my plan is set at $90??
    05-19-10 08:55 AM
    I was always wondering about the Billing...
    Say I have a plan that costs a total of $90/month, and I never go over my minutes or texts or anything but its always a $10 fluctuation every month ($90-100 bills) when my plan is set at $90??
    Look at the two bills that are different. The detail of the charges are right there to see.

05-19-10 03:37 PM
    Billing always fluxuates because of taxes.

05-19-10 05:45 PM
5,111 ... 180181182183184 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD