View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Try reading ALL the words dummy
    I don't want to pay for something I don't want
    I don't want DATA, a key-hole to the internet, a postage stamp view of the World Wide Web.
    I only want a display I can SEE and a real keyboard for typing TEXT
    Trying to send a "text" message on a phone key-pad is insane. I have no desire to spend 10 minutes typing one sentence. And with a small display I can't tell if I am even misspelling

So go jump some bricks mario
    How did people manage to text message for the last 7 years before qwerty phones?
    My 70 year old grandma uses a 5 year old flip phone with no problem. My father text messages on a RAZR just fine.

The buttons on a TP2 are smaller than most flip phones so I'm not seeing how that's any better. Sometimes, you have to compromise and pick something that doesn't meet 100% of your wants. I want a car that gets 40mpg, 0-60 in 3 seconds and fits in my $5000 budget. At least one of those I'll have to compromise on eh?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:58 PM
    Can a rep please explain to me how the Annual Upgrade works? I bought a Blackberry Tour on 7/12/09, and since then have had calling plans larger than the $59.99 required. However, on the Verizon site, it says this info for me in the Phone Overview page:

Eligible for New Every Two discount on 3/12/11. Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 3/12/11. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price. Your contract end date is 07/12/11
    Should the second sentence by 7/12/10? I'm confused.
    05-04-10 05:04 PM
    Can a rep please explain to me how the Annual Upgrade works? I bought a Blackberry Tour on 7/12/09, and since then have had calling plans larger than the $59.99 required. However, on the Verizon site, it says this info for me in the Phone Overview page:

Should the second sentence by 7/12/10? I'm confused.
    You are eligible for the New Every Two on 03/12/11, which is exactly 20 months from the start of your contract. Until you are eligible for the Annual Upgrade, the website will not show that. So come 07/12/10, one year after you upgraded, you will see that you are eligible as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Hope that helps.
    05-04-10 05:15 PM
    You are eligible for the New Every Two on 03/12/11, which is exactly 20 months from the start of your contract. Until you are eligible for the Annual Upgrade, the website will not show that. So come 07/12/10, one year after you upgraded, you will see that you are eligible as long as you meet the minimum requirements. Hope that helps.
    Sounds good - that's a similar answer to the one I got from calling *611 last night. Thanks for your help!
    05-05-10 09:05 AM
    How did people manage to text message for the last 7 years before qwerty phones?
    My 70 year old grandma uses a 5 year old flip phone with no problem. My father text messages on a RAZR just fine.

The buttons on a TP2 are smaller than most flip phones so I'm not seeing how that's any better. Sometimes, you have to compromise and pick something that doesn't meet 100% of your wants. I want a car that gets 40mpg, 0-60 in 3 seconds and fits in my $5000 budget. At least one of those I'll have to compromise on eh?

I'm not your grammy or your daddy
    and thats the biggest problem with people, they comp too easily.
    I had a car back in the 80s that got 40MPG so this flap about 35mpg today is just bull.
    IF I'M PAYING FOR IT, I'M GETTING WHAT I WANT PERIOD.
    05-05-10 10:03 AM
    I'm not your grammy or your daddy
    and thats the biggest problem with people, they comp too easily.
    I had a car back in the 80s that got 40MPG so this flap about 35mpg today is just bull.
    IF I'M PAYING FOR IT, I'M GETTING WHAT I WANT PERIOD.
    Then go buy what you want. Complaining on the internet isn't going to make a phone magically appear.

05-05-10 10:13 AM
    Then go buy what you want. Complaining on the internet isn't going to make a phone magically appear.

Verizon won't sell me what I want without a data plan.
    That's why I have come here. That's why I am fixing this BB.
    That's why I am going to TMO If they will sell me a basic plan for use with this BB
    I don't want anything to magically appear.
    I am not an "internet junky"
    I would Like one of the phone manufacturers to make a phone with both, a large display and a large "qwerty" keyboard that is usable on a "BASIC" plan.

Wishing Verizon would waive the data plan greed an let me use an existing phone is obviously asking too much.
    05-05-10 11:07 AM
    ===== QUOTE vatothe0 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

That's why I am going to TMO If they will sell me a basic plan for use with this BB
    I would Like one of the phone manufacturers to make a phone with both, a large display and a large "qwerty" keyboard that is usable on a "BASIC" plan.

Wishing Verizon would waive the data plan greed an let me use an existing phone is obviously asking too much.
    Like it or not, neither you, me or anyway else is special enough for VZW to change their rules. If you don't like it, there are other carriers you can use.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-05-10 12:40 PM
    I have a question for a Rep, or anyone who knows first hand...

1) My daughter and her Boyfriend (well... EX Boyfriend) recently broke up. Problem is, my daughter has a cell plan and 2 lines, both lines are either a env touch or samsung omnia.

2) Now that they are finished, he still has the phone, and service that my daughter is obligated to pay.

Question, Is there a way to terminate early, this second line, citing an ex-signifigant other who is abusive?

She doesn't want to just walk away from her bill, and then get stiffed with 2 early term fees. Actually, she wants the one line cancelled, and she wants to upgrade her phone to a smart phone, bviously extending her contract.

Any thoughts on this matter?
    05-05-10 02:07 PM

1) My daughter and her Boyfriend (well... EX Boyfriend) recently broke up. Problem is, my daughter has a cell plan and 2 lines, both lines are either a env touch or samsung omnia.

2) Now that they are finished, he still has the phone, and service that my daughter is obligated to pay.

Question, Is there a way to terminate early, this second line, citing an ex-signifigant other who is abusive?

She doesn't want to just walk away from her bill, and then get stiffed with 2 early term fees. Actually, she wants the one line cancelled, and she wants to upgrade her phone to a smart phone, bviously extending her contract.

I'm not a VZW rep, but I think there is a way that you can suspend the service on the line without canceling the contract, but I don't know if you can suspend the line for an indefinite amount of time.
    05-05-10 02:56 PM

Sadly, a contract is a contract. This is why I always advise against getting lines for boyfriends/girlfriends. There is an option that may keep her from paying an ETF; I am not sure how civil this break-up is but he can assume the line of service, where he takes over the line under his name. If that is not an option she can cancel and take him to small claims court for the fees and/or the return of the phone so someone else can take over the service. But if the account is under her name and she wants to cancel, there is only limited options.

*and a note on suspending-even if it is suspended, the account is still in contract and in fact, the contract is extended the amount of time it was suspended without billing.
    05-05-10 03:36 PM
    Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. We'll try to take it under advisement. I told her to atleast ask. Of course, I know the answer, but heck, it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    05-05-10 04:07 PM
    Thanks to both of you for your thoughts. We'll try to take it under advisement. I told her to atleast ask. Of course, I know the answer, but heck, it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    This is always a tough lesson to learn. I am sure she won't make this mistake again.
    05-05-10 05:16 PM
    This is always a tough lesson to learn. I am sure she won't make this mistake again.
    I learned that lesson the hard way. . . I got a phone for a boyfriend & he ran the bill up to an astounding amount. This was several years ago & it was a nightmare.
    05-05-10 08:47 PM
    You can always split the plan. The boyfriend will be on his own plan and the girlfriend will be on her own plan. Yes, it's more expensive but you aren't dealing with cancellation fees out anything like that.

05-05-10 11:24 PM

She can derminate the line from that device without terminating the contractual obligation (incase he wants to maluciously abuse the plan minutes or whatnot). If he agrees to it, he can do a line takeover and sign it over to him and have the family sharing split. Also, if the plan is under her name and the phone is not in her posession, she can report it stolen I believe. Either way, there are a lot of options for cases like this.

When I divorced my ex wife, we separated the lines on a mutual agreement and that was that. Call 611, any rep would know what to do. Plus, get the issue reported and on their system asap to avoid huge overages
    05-06-10 10:35 AM

Well it sounds like to me that you're mad at the wrong people. It's not Verizon's fault, it's the cell phone manufactor's problem. They are the ones not building you the cell phone you want.

With that said, yes, Verizon does charge for data on 3G Smartphones and 3G Multimedia phones. If you don't like this, go to another carrier. The joys of America man, if you don't like it, there is always the competition to go to. AT&T has several phones with QWERTY keyboards and larger screens that DO NOT require data. They do require a text messaging plan. NO CARRIER offers Smartphones without data now. T-Mobile was one of the last to join that party, but even they require at least 29.99 worth of data now on any smartphone.

Mario isn't being rude or abrupt. You're general tone was "pissed" off, but they are questions that you already know what kind of response you'll get.
    05-06-10 10:43 AM
    Anyone else experiencing OWA email accounts not working on their verizon phone?
    05-06-10 04:08 PM
    Verizon Rep, or anyone have an idea to get me through?

I'm a legacy Alltel customer. All of the sudden this month my Verizon bill went up...yaadda, yaadda. Billing mistakes were found and Verizon did correct the bill. This is after about 8 calls to the billing dept. then having to go to my local store and get the manager involved. Now it looks like I'm going to have to go through the same thing as my billing cycle ends in 2 days.

To make a long sorry short, I can change my plan to a verizon plan but they want me to get new phones when I do this. I don't want to get a new phone until the 9650's come out. So it seems to me that I have an option of going through this each month until the new phone comes out and I change plans, or changing plans now and go from my beloved 8330 to a 8530.

Is there some way to change my plan and not have to change phones right away?? Thanks for any advice, and sorry for the length
    05-07-10 09:28 PM
    You can change your plan but you have to have a VzW device on a VzW plan. If you only have Alltel devices, you would have to wait til you can activate a VzW device.
    05-08-10 04:00 AM
    Is it possible to flash an Alltel device to Verizon?
    05-08-10 08:15 AM
    To the Verizon Rep.

Recently I've been finding "stuff" on my Blackberry that I never installed. Things like Slacker Radio, Skype, Backup Assistant and NFL mobile - NONE of which I want. None of these are listed under Options => Advanced Options => Applications so it appears there is no way to get rid of the junk.

Is Verizon pushing crapware to Blackberrys?
    05-08-10 09:59 AM
    To the Verizon Rep.

Recently I've been finding "stuff" on my Blackberry that I never installed. Things like Slacker Radio, Skype, Backup Assistant and NFL mobile - NONE of which I want. None of these are listed under Options => Advanced Options => Applications so it appears there is no way to get rid of the junk.

Is Verizon pushing crapware to Blackberrys?
    What is being pushed to BlackBerriesare icons that are just links to download the software. Just because the icon is there doesn't mean that the software is. The only way to remove the icons is to hide them.

05-08-10 11:24 AM
    Yes and no. Verizon doesn't accept any device that isn't in their system. So in essence no since even is you got the correct software, the esn wouldn't be the system. So the device couldn't be activated.

05-08-10 11:27 AM
    No. You are able to use an Alltel device and a VzW device on an Alltel plan but you can not use an Alltel device on a VzW plan....wait I thought I explained this already.
    05-08-10 11:53 AM
5,111 ... 179180181182183 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD