View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 09:42 AM
5,111 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Hope I'm doing this right.
    7. How can I adjust ringer volume from my handset? If I adjust while a call is incoming, the ringer just goes silent. I've tried looking this one up (actually, all of these) with no joy.
    you cannot adjust the ringer volume that way.

Profiles
    Advanced
    Highlight Profile you want to Edit
    Menu
    Edit
    Phone
    Volume: MUTE/LOW/MEDUIM/HIGH/ESCALATING
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-08-08 at 11:40 AM.
    11-08-08 11:34 AM
    I swear that is what I've been doing (no alt or shift or anything), and it's never worked until today. I have no idea what I've been doing differently, or what I did differently today. I always used to check my minutes on my old phone like that, so I wanted to check the minutes on my BB. It worked this time. Thank you for waving your magic wand.
    11-08-08 11:37 AM
    Hi All,

Perhaps a silly question(s), I upgraded to the New Version of Software for my Verizon BB 8330 Curve. The install instructions told me to delete the Vendor File. Now as of 10/31/08 Verizon has released the updated software. How do I get BACK the Verizon Vendor file?

I am wondering if this is causing a problem because I can not access VZAPPzone with my BB 8330, it says my device is not supported and I should check back often for updates.[/B][/B][/B] Verizon Tech support says it is.....but still I cant access it? Any thoughts on both issues? Thanks.
    11-08-08 11:48 AM
    NOt cause you have this version (YET) There is internal notification at VZW that VZAPPZONE is not compatable with 4.5. A patch is being worked on.
    11-08-08 12:15 PM
    Do you know - is there a way I can get device software 4.5.0.77 for my Verizon 8830?
    11-08-08 12:24 PM
    11-08-08 12:25 PM
    Ok, I thought I'd posted this, but I don't see my post. If I duplicate, I'm sorry. I have a Verizon 8830, and Blackberry's site tells me that my software - 4.2.2.196 - is the latest release, yet I keep seeing that there's a 4.5 out there for the 8830. Can I upgrade yet? If so, how do I do it? I've downloaded and tried to install a couple of times but with no joy. Thanks yet again.
    11-08-08 12:36 PM
    Lastraid - help, please? That page also says latest version is 4.2 instead of 4.5.
    Many thanks.
    11-08-08 12:40 PM
    Lastraid - help, please? That page also says latest version is 4.2 instead of 4.5.
    Many thanks.
    IIRC, there is a debate on if/when the 8830 will be upgradable.

One side the argument would be that the upgrade to the 8830 global phone is the Storm global phone.
    11-08-08 01:09 PM
    Oops my bad the 8830 will not have an upgrade. This is as the storm is coming
    11-08-08 01:19 PM
    Ok, I saw the posts about 4.5.0.77 and didn't realize people were talking about a beta release. I thought that there was a Verizon update that I was unable to download. Sorry sorry. I don't want to take a chance. I sure do wish that I could get my hands on it legitimately.
    11-08-08 01:24 PM
    4.5.77 is avail for the pearl and curve only
    11-08-08 01:26 PM
    Hey, I did the VZW 4.5.0 upgrade and...there is no HTML email or all the other goodies...
    1. Where do I get the "good OS" like the .77 ones for VZW 8330
    2. Will this void anything?
    3. How do I put it on my phone...
    Thanks for the help
    11-09-08 03:39 AM
    Hey, I did the VZW 4.5.0 upgrade and...there is no HTML email or all the other goodies...
    1. Where do I get the "good OS" like the .77 ones for VZW 8330
    2. Will this void anything?
    3. How do I put it on my phone...
    Thanks for the help
    You need to *228 opt 1 to program the phone
    Reg Now - Options>advanced Options>host routing table>menu?reg now
    From your BUS account - send service books.
    Docs to go - REgister the program and do the free upgrade.
    11-09-08 08:55 AM
    Okay...WHAT? I'm lost lastraid.
    So I know your thinking that, Wow this guy is a complete *****, But you lost me. You need to *228 opt 1 to program the phone.
    Reg Now - Options>advanced Options>host routing table>menu?reg
    now From your BUS account - send service books.
    could you restate this...I just don't understand.
    So I did the OTA *228 thing and it did its little thing and still no HTML email. What I do have is Word to go and the present to go thing and that little bug that turns on the speaker for a sec if there is lots of noise at the other end when I pick up. Thats about all that I got out of the update.
    So I did the Options>advanced Options>host routing table>menu?reg now and that did nothing I think. And If you could explain what you mean for the parts after that, I would so very happy and eternally grateful. Again Thanks.
    11-09-08 10:18 PM
    Okay...WHAT? I'm lost lastraid.
    So I know your thinking that, Wow this guy is a complete *****, But you lost me. You need to *228 opt 1 to program the phone.
    Reg Now - Options>advanced Options>host routing table>menu?reg
    now From your BUS account - send service books.
    could you restate this...I just don't understand.
    So I did the OTA *228 thing and it did its little thing and still no HTML email. What I do have is Word to go and the present to go thing and that little bug that turns on the speaker for a sec if there is lots of noise at the other end when I pick up. Thats about all that I got out of the update.
    So I did the Options>advanced Options>host routing table>menu?reg now and that did nothing I think. And If you could explain what you mean for the parts after that, I would so very happy and eternally grateful. Again Thanks.

So if I read you right and you got the *228 opt and register now done. With this you should have a working phone and working interent.

Now log into your BIS account, once you do this you will see a link to send serivce books. This will get the HTML mail working.

FOr docs to go do the following.

1. go into words to go. Menu, you should see an option to register the program. Do this. After that go back in to the menu again and do the update option (NOT PREMIUM) unless this is what you want. the update will D/L more options for basic and give you excel or sheets to go.
    11-09-08 10:29 PM
    i love verizon, they always have great customer service. BUT. why, why is blackberry maps disabled on my phone? I didn't pay for vzw maps directions service, i downloaded free google maps instead.
    11-10-08 12:20 PM
    Cause VZW Disables GPS. This is very old subjuect that refuses to die.
    11-10-08 06:11 PM
    I have 2 yr contract, MyVerizon, and a NE2 that isn't up until 10/2009. I've been reading all over these posts and thought I had a solid answer about signing a new 2 year contract after a year and getting the 2 year cont. price UNTIL I called VZ CS and she told me I'd have to sign a 2 year contract to get the 1 year contract price. Is this correct, I thought re-up after a year, sign new 2 year contract, get the 2 year contract price.

I put my $50 down for the storm at BB and want to make sure I'm getting the correct price. Anyone lend me a hand as to which is correct? Thanks!
    11-10-08 07:41 PM
    Sounds to me like some bad info may have been given. Call again to verify. You want an early upgrade. if you sign up for two you get two year pricing
    11-10-08 08:12 PM
    I have a family plan currently. I want to cancel 1 line on the account(and pay the ETF), then add a new line to be able to get a new phone.

1. Can I cancel 1 line only, or would I have to cancel the entire family plan?

2. Will Verizon allow me to add a line to my family plan after canceling a line, or is there a waiting/penalty period? Bestbuy agent told me it was 30days, Verizon corp store told me no wait period.

3. Can the store refuse to sell me the Storm on release day if I am canceling? Can they restrict it to new customers only? Wouldnt a new 2 year contract/plan be the same as any?

Thanks in advance.
    11-10-08 08:34 PM
    I have a family plan currently. I want to cancel 1 line on the account(and pay the ETF), then add a new line to be able to get a new phone.

1. Can I cancel 1 line only, or would I have to cancel the entire family plan?

2. Will Verizon allow me to add a line to my family plan after canceling a line, or is there a waiting/penalty period? Bestbuy agent told me it was 30days, Verizon corp store told me no wait period.

3. Can the store refuse to sell me the Storm on release day if I am canceling? Can they restrict it to new customers only? Wouldnt a new 2 year contract/plan be the same as any?

Thanks in advance.
    I would recommend that you go to the store and add a new line. When you do this you will get the phone for the 2 year contract price. Then, once the Storm is in your hands and completely functional, cancel the other line. You can either do this by telephone or online, online probably being the safest.

Just note, by doing this, you will lose the current phone number, and be issued a new phone number. However, I did confirm this is perfectly fine with a Verizon sales manager. While you will be paying a bit more then the 2 year contract price because of the ETF, chances are, it will still be just a few bucks less then retail
    11-10-08 08:57 PM
    Sounds to me like some bad info may have been given. Call again to verify. You want an early upgrade. if you sign up for two you get two year pricing
    Ok... so it does sound funky. I thought so. Any other thoughts from anyone before I fight CS on it?
    11-10-08 09:32 PM
    not really....sorry.
    11-10-08 09:44 PM
    Hey you slacker, you only take 50 calls in your center? My ACPD is about the same or a little higher, and I will confirm that I have not had a single call about the v. 4.5 whatsoever. In fact I was talking to a tech in my building today and they had no idea it was officially released!

And, unfortunately, I must agree the outsourced rep was feeding you a line of crap.
    Haha I'm not gated for normal care calls, . Expectation is a little lower since we take more "complex" calls
    11-10-08 10:07 PM
5,111 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD