View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Just curious. I have a friend with a vzw account and his wife left him while he was at sea. Now he's stuck with a big phone bill because he has 2 phones and his wife's was a BB so he also has the data plan. Is there any way he can get rid of the second phone without a penalty? It seems unfair that the unfortunate situation (he is now divorced) woud make him do so.
    04-19-10 11:47 PM
    Just curious. I have a friend with a vzw account and his wife left him while he was at sea. Now he's stuck with a big phone bill because he has 2 phones and his wife's was a BB so he also has the data plan. Is there any way he can get rid of the second phone without a penalty? It seems unfair that the unfortunate situation (he is now divorced) woud make him do so.
    Out to sea? Regardless of the reason, a contract is a contract. So if he cancels it, there will still be an ETF
    04-20-10 03:55 AM
    I want to upgrade to a Android type of phone (Verizon of course) but can't upgrade yet.

Any advice?

Edit: New Every Two is 9 months away according to Verizon's Website
    Last edited by 96accord; 04-20-10 at 11:14 AM.
    04-20-10 11:07 AM
    I want to upgrade to a Android type of phone (Verizon of course) but can't upgrade yet.

Any advice?

Edit: New Every Two is 9 months away according to Verizon's Website
    If your NE2 is 9 months away then you should qualify for an Annual Upgrade very soon (May). As the Primary line you can upgrade at 12 months into your contract for a $20 fee. Check online to see if it shows you are eligible or call and check with CS to verifiy your dates. If not there is always Full Retail...
    04-20-10 11:33 AM
    Does the verizon wireless website still have live chat? I can't find a link for it and I've been hanging out on the cell phone page for a while now and nothing has popped up.
    04-20-10 11:51 AM
    I bought a blackberry tour 9630 from a friend of mine with Verizon Wireless and I registered for a Blackberry service with a local network provider Zain Nigeria. I was enjoying the blackberry service until about 3 weeks when the service went off. I went to the service provider and they said nothing was wrong with their service and maybe it is the verizon wireless that discontinued the blackberry service. I do not know how to verify this with verizon.My phone PIN is 30BB1F0E, IMEI NO 359486.02.385879.6, MEID(dec):26843 54573 0392 9977, MEID(hex) A000000D 3BF779, pESN1(Dec):12811714049, pESN(Hex):80B2BE01. A diagnonistic test was carried out on the phone which showed that BlackBerry Registration: No, Connected to BlackBerry: Abort, BlackBerry PIN-PIN: Abort. I will appreciate your assistance in knowing the status of this phone with Verizon Wireless and what I need to do to get the blackberry service back. I thank you so immensely. I am in Lagos Nigeria. keniadeniyi. The Carrier is not Vodacome but VERIZON WIRELESS.
    Last edited by keniadeniyi; 04-20-10 at 12:40 PM.
    04-20-10 12:37 PM
    If your NE2 is 9 months away then you should qualify for an Annual Upgrade very soon (May). As the Primary line you can upgrade at 12 months into your contract for a $20 fee. Check online to see if it shows you are eligible or call and check with CS to verifiy your dates. If not there is always Full Retail...
    Thanks for the info.

Definitely don't want to pay full-retail!

I would like to switch from my BB Tour 9630 to some sort of Android phone.
    04-20-10 01:04 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If I pickup a bb tour2 when released can I use it on my current tp2 unlimited data plan with no issue, and more importantly can I switch between a tp2 and tour2 using *228 option 1 whenever the mood strikes? Or does a bb require a seperate plan for data?

04-22-10 02:47 PM
    Here is what I can tell you.... I recently tried out the Eris Droid and when switching back n forth between the two I had to call VZW each time because the BB data plan and "other" data plan is different in their system and has to be switched over by a CSR. I tried the *228 several times but each time had to call in to make the switch.
    04-22-10 03:03 PM
    Here is what I can tell you.... I recently tried out the Eris Droid and when switching back n forth between the two I had to call VZW each time because the BB data plan and "other" data plan is different in their system and has to be switched over by a CSR. I tried the *228 several times but each time had to call in to make the switch.
    Thanks for the info. In my informal poll what your saying seems to be the way it is, however, some are also saying "no problem". To me it seems odd tho, because when I was a gsm user for the past 9 years, only coming over to verizon recently, I could easily go between any device(bb,wm,nokia s60) with a simple sim switch which is the gsm equivilant of the *228 option and it was no problem. I like to be able to swap out devices for the work week/weekend like lots of us do. Oh well, Thanks again for your input.
    04-23-10 10:36 AM
    I think if you were switching between two Blackberrys or two other phones it would work using *228 1 but as o said it was explained to me by the CSR that because the two data plans are marked differently in the system it caused a problem.

With the GSM carriers I would guess their computers pick up something when switching out that tells what type of device you are on.

04-23-10 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the info. In my informal poll what your saying seems to be the way it is, however, some are also saying "no problem". To me it seems odd tho, because when I was a gsm user for the past 9 years, only coming over to verizon recently, I could easily go between any device(bb,wm,nokia s60) with a simple sim switch which is the gsm equivilant of the *228 option and it was no problem. I like to be able to swap out devices for the work week/weekend like lots of us do. Oh well, Thanks again for your input.
    I think if you were switching between two Blackberrys or two other phones it would work using *228 1 but as o said it was explained to me by the CSR that because the two data plans are marked differently in the system it caused a problem.

With the GSM carriers I would guess their computers pick up something when switching out that tells what type of device you are on.

ZR is right. Doing it via *228 alot of times will switch you to the $44.99 plan when you go back to the BB. However if you log in online to MyVerizon you should be able to switch there and make sure you have the proper $29.99 BIS BB plan on there. Yes its an extra step but it allows you the freedom you are looking for.
    04-23-10 04:41 PM
    While this has nothing to do with BlackBerry's, it does have to do with smart phones and data plans, so here goes . . .

I have a Palm Treo 700p that I would like to activate on my private account (which right now I have a LG vx-8700) for phone and SMS only. I have unlimited SMS already. Is it possible to still get the "No Data" plan that qualifies as a data plan like I used to have on it when my son used it?

Work supplies a BB Tour, so I do not need redundant smart phones, but the QWERTY on the Treo would be nice to use when SMS'ing from my personal account.

Thanks in advance . . .
    04-23-10 06:59 PM
    Mom said i can use her upgrade from verizon to get the incredible. Will Verizon let us do that. We are not on the same plan and she would have to get a more expensive plan all we want to do is swap phones she wants my 8230 and I want the incredible(was waiting for the N1 but I give up). anybody have any insight before we go down to the store. Oh I would like to make it so that her plan stays the same I will buy the jacked up plan. don't want to cost her any money.
    04-24-10 12:43 AM
    While this has nothing to do with BlackBerry's, it does have to do with smart phones and data plans, so here goes . . .

I have a Palm Treo 700p that I would like to activate on my private account (which right now I have a LG vx-8700) for phone and SMS only. I have unlimited SMS already. Is it possible to still get the "No Data" plan that qualifies as a data plan like I used to have on it when my son used it?

Work supplies a BB Tour, so I do not need redundant smart phones, but the QWERTY on the Treo would be nice to use when SMS'ing from my personal account.

Thanks in advance . . .
    Yes you can.
    04-24-10 03:53 AM
    Mom said i can use her upgrade from verizon to get the incredible. Will Verizon let us do that. We are not on the same plan and she would have to get a more expensive plan all we want to do is swap phones she wants my 8230 and I want the incredible(was waiting for the N1 but I give up). anybody have any insight before we go down to the store. Oh I would like to make it so that her plan stays the same I will buy the jacked up plan. don't want to cost her any money.
    Yes you can.
    04-24-10 03:54 AM
    Do you have to pay an activation fee if I order online and activate it over the phone? If so is it possible to get it waived?

04-24-10 02:25 PM
    Yes you can.
    OK - I guess I'll call and see what happens. I did not have this option online.

Thanks!
    04-24-10 06:52 PM
    If I'm going to use another family members upgrade....does the other member whos upgrade I'm using have to be in Verizon to sign anything? Or do I walk in and just say I'm using a family members upgrade date and just go from there?
    04-24-10 07:07 PM
    Do you have to pay an activation fee if I order online and activate it over the phone? If so is it possible to get it waived?

Unless stated otherwise, you will always have an activation fee and no it would not get waived, if charged.
    04-24-10 10:06 PM
    If I'm going to use another family members upgrade....does the other member whos upgrade I'm using have to be in Verizon to sign anything? Or do I walk in and just say I'm using a family members upgrade date and just go from there?
    You would only have to either be the account owner or a listed account manager. Then you can do it no problems.
    04-24-10 10:09 PM
    Yes you can.
    Not so much . . .

I tried to active the 700p online, and the only choices I had was $29.99 and $49.99 - no "NO DATA" plan offered. So I figured I would try it OTA. Next thing I know, without going through any of the prompts, I was talking to a CS person. He tried to apply the "NO DATA" plan, and said it would not take it, therefor the phone must be too new for it to apply. The phone is two+ years old, and we used to have a no data plan on it last year.

I guess it goes on Craig"s List . . . too bad - it would have made a great general use phone with a QWERTY keyboard.
    04-25-10 12:44 AM
    Not so much . . .

I tried to active the 700p online, and the only choices I had was $29.99 and $49.99 - no "NO DATA" plan offered. So I figured I would try it OTA. Next thing I know, without going through any of the prompts, I was talking to a CS person. He tried to apply the "NO DATA" plan, and said it would not take it, therefor the phone must be too new for it to apply. The phone is two+ years old, and we used to have a no data plan on it last year.

I guess it goes on Craig"s List . . . too bad - it would have made a great general use phone with a QWERTY keyboard.
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Weird though, since I have done it before...
    04-25-10 01:37 AM
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. Weird though, since I have done it before...
    I have done it before - on this particular device. Evidently, it is no longer an option where it was just a few months ago.

Gotta love big red (not that it would be different with any other carrier).
    04-25-10 10:45 AM
    does verizon wireless.com charge tax? cause i went through the checkout process to see if they would charge taxes but it didnt show up?
    04-25-10 11:04 PM
5,111 ... 177178179180181 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD