View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Question--I'm looking to purchase a used Tour from someone who has lost her job and she had to disconnect service. There is a balance on her bill she stated also. Will Verizon let me activate the phone on my acct even though she has a outstanding balance or do they block the ESN from being activated by anyone?
    If she has an outstanding balance typically they will not allow that phone to be activated anywhere else
    04-14-10 01:41 PM
    Any particular reason why? I called VZW and one rep told me i could activate it and she checked with another that verified it but i had been told previously that i wouldnt be able to. To me it seems the phone has nothing to do with the acct. If that customer wants to get service with them again then they should block them until it is paid. can anyone else verify that i wont be able to. I understand if the phone was reported lost or stolen but the previous user should be held accountable, not the device or someone else looking to activate.
    04-14-10 04:57 PM
    It's because the phone was purchased with a subsidized price so it is really tied to the contract. If the previous owner doesn't pay their bill their phone, whatever phone that may be, is blocked until the bill is paid. If it was just the service than people would just sell their phones and not pay up.

it may be okay to activate now but one it goes from late to past due, they will put a freeze on that phone's ESN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 07:59 AM
    I recently had to downgrade from my BB Pearl to a dumb phone (Motorola E815) until Verizon gets the new BB Tour 2/Bold next month.

If I still have my data plan, can I use AccessWeb on my dumb phone for free or is that tied to something else?
    04-15-10 10:27 AM
    I recently had to downgrade from my BB Pearl to a dumb phone (Motorola E815) until Verizon gets the new BB Tour 2/Bold next month.

If I still have my data plan, can I use AccessWeb on my dumb phone for free or is that tied to something else?
    Data usage on a regular phone without a data plan of 9.99 or 29.99, will cost you 1.99 a MB, minutes of use, depending on if you have America's Choice or certain Alltel plans.
    04-15-10 11:29 AM
    OK, so here's the deal:

I'm on an old grandfathered 5-state plan with 2 separate lines. I am currently eligible for an upgrade under New EVery 2 ($50 deduction) for both lines. When the incredible is released, it will require switching to a nationwide plan. I'm planning on switching to a family share plan and adding a 3rd line.

My questions are:
    A. Will I still get my current NE2 upgrade discounts for the incredibles if I switch to the family share plan?

and

B. Do I get the 2-year contract price reduction on the 3rd "regular" cell phone that we'll be adding for the 3rd line?

Thank you
    04-16-10 09:29 AM
    OK, so here's the deal:

I'm on an old grandfathered 5-state plan with 2 separate lines. I am currently eligible for an upgrade under New EVery 2 ($50 deduction) for both lines. When the incredible is released, it will require switching to a nationwide plan. I'm planning on switching to a family share plan and adding a 3rd line.

My questions are:
    A. Will I still get my current NE2 upgrade discounts for the incredibles if I switch to the family share plan?

and

B. Do I get the 2-year contract price reduction on the 3rd "regular" cell phone that we'll be adding for the 3rd line?

Thank you
    Yes to A and B
    04-16-10 09:59 AM
    i currently have a blackberry curve 8330 and the camera no longer works wanted to get it replaced but i was told that it would be relplaced with a 8530 is that correct i wanted another 8330 so i wasnt sure what the deal was.
    04-16-10 12:28 PM
    Will verizon ever allow the IP modum feature without have to get that rediculously expensive plan?
    04-16-10 01:41 PM
    Will verizon ever allow the IP modum feature without have to get that rediculously expensive plan?
    Do you really think a rep will know the answer to this? I would write to VZW and ask the corp folks. Personally, no
    04-16-10 01:50 PM
    Do you really think a rep will know the answer to this? I would write to VZW and ask the corp folks. Personally, no
    WOW! ceasefire! that was my first post!. Thanks for your insight though. you confirmed my feelings on the subject
    04-16-10 02:18 PM
    WOW! ceasefire! that was my first post!. Thanks for your insight though. you confirmed my feelings on the subject
    Verizon Wireless is in the business to make money. If you want to use their network, then you shall pay for it.
    04-16-10 06:27 PM
    Yes to A and B
    Thank you
    04-16-10 07:00 PM
    Verizon Wireless is in the business to make money. If you want to use their network, then you shall pay for it.
    Teather for blackberry here I come.
    04-16-10 08:33 PM
    First off, Supermario my brother, or sister, thank you for answering my questions in the past. Thank you to the other reps that answer here as well; very much appreciated.

I only have one guy I can trust at my local store, and he's off till Tuesday. He's given me his private cell, but I hate to bother him while not at work.

I am an Alltel plan customer. Can I "add a line" to my Alltel plan without switching over to a Verizon plan? Something tells me no, but wanted to ask before Tuesday.

Thank you very much your help.
    04-17-10 11:23 PM
    Does this sound correct? Me NE 2 isn't due 'till July, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade (promo price + $20). - All VZ reps have confirmed this.

However, I was told I could only do that early/annual upgrade online. Does this info seem correct?

Also, do you know if Best Buy can give me the same pricing?

Welcome replies from anyone with experience with this, or any VZ or BB employees.

Last edited by hal1; 04-18-10 at 02:14 PM.
    04-18-10 02:12 PM
    First off, Supermario my brother, or sister, thank you for answering my questions in the past. Thank you to the other reps that answer here as well; very much appreciated.

I only have one guy I can trust at my local store, and he's off till Tuesday. He's given me his private cell, but I hate to bother him while not at work.

I am an Alltel plan customer. Can I "add a line" to my Alltel plan without switching over to a Verizon plan? Something tells me no, but wanted to ask before Tuesday.

Thank you very much your help.
    Ahh shucks you're welcome

But you can add a line, however it will have to be on VZW pricing by itself, you wouldn' have t switch the other ones.
    04-18-10 02:49 PM
    Does this sound correct? Me NE 2 isn't due 'till July, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade (promo price + $20). - All VZ reps have confirmed this.

However, I was told I could only do that early/annual upgrade online. Does this info seem correct?

Also, do you know if Best Buy can give me the same pricing?

Welcome replies from anyone with experience with this, or any VZ or BB employees.

04-18-10 02:51 PM
    i want to upgrade my line to a storm2 but im not due for an upgrade till december.

i have a line that has a dare but is elgible for an upgrade. can i upgrade that line then swap the new phone to my line without having to pay a $30 data plan on the dare line? cause i thought in order to get a smartphone under a 2 yr agreement you have to have the data plan for 2 yrs as well.

thanks and lmk if that makes sense haha
    04-18-10 07:43 PM
    i want to upgrade my line to a storm2 but im not due for an upgrade till december.

i have a line that has a dare but is elgible for an upgrade. can i upgrade that line then swap the new phone to my line without having to pay a $30 data plan on the dare line? cause i thought in order to get a smartphone under a 2 yr agreement you have to have the data plan for 2 yrs as well.

thanks and lmk if that makes sense haha
    It makes perfect sense and this is done all the time. You can get a new phone on the one eligible line, increase the contract and ETF (350) and then move the new phone to any of your other lines. And you do not have to keep the data plan on the upgrading line, just the line you move the BB on.
    04-18-10 07:46 PM
    It makes perfect sense and this is done all the time. You can get a new phone on the one eligible line, increase the contract and ETF (350) and then move the new phone to any of your other lines. And you do not have to keep the data plan on the upgrading line, just the line you move the BB on.
    If I were to order a phone from their online site....will I be sent a deactivated phone? Then I can just call and have it put on the other line?

Thanks!

04-18-10 10:58 PM
    If I were to order a phone from their online site....will I be sent a deactivated phone? Then I can just call and have it put on the other line?

Thanks!

You will receive a deactivated phone, the best option is to call CS and have them assist you. They will need to activate it temporarily on the upgrading line, then move it to the other line. You have to do this to accept the T&C's of the new contact on the upgrading line and then you can move it.
    Last edited by supermario28; 04-19-10 at 12:21 AM.
    04-18-10 11:17 PM
    You will receive a deactivated phone, the best option is to call CS and have them assist you. They will need to activate it temporarily on the upgrading line, then move it to the other line. You have to do this to accept the T&C's of the new contact on the upgrading line and then you can move it.
    So does this mean when u sign a contract for a smartphone....u can end your data plan whenever you want? Since I'm getting a new phone on a non smartphone line then switching it over I won't have a data plan on the non smarthphone line

04-19-10 03:56 PM
    So does this mean when u sign a contract for a smartphone....u can end your data plan whenever you want? Since I'm getting a new phone on a non smartphone line then switching it over I won't have a data plan on the non smarthphone line

You can end the smartphone plan on any line that doesn't have a smartphone. If you activate a smartphone (new inventory) on any line you are required to add the plan but you do not have keep the data plan on the account for 2 years, if the smartphone is not on the line. You just extend the contact and raise the ETF.
    04-19-10 04:13 PM
    Current Alltel Smartpack 500 shared plan (89.99), second line in the pack carries a BB, plus a feature phone. 10+2 F+F. Total bill in the 150.00 range/month.

Currently in the NE2 window.

I am trying to upgrade the primary from an 8330 to the Incredible and was told that it is not compatible with my current data plan (!!!!!!?????)

Only way to go with the Incredible is to add an additional data plan on top of the one that was rolled in to the Smartpack. With an impending upgrade for the second BB, that will be an additional 50/month to keep my plan and upgrade the phones. Ouch.

My question: Reps here have repeated over and over that Alltel subs can keep their plans and upgrade to VZW hardware. When did that change and can this upgrade be done without jacking up my bill?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    04-19-10 09:12 PM
5,111 ... 176177178179180 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD