View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Have a question, my second line on my account is eligible for an upgrade on 4-12-2010. His phone is having problems now. It wont hold a charge, it constantly beeps every few minutes for no reason and some other problems. Would vzw let me upgrade 10 days early if I call?
    04-02-10 03:24 PM
    Have a question, my second line on my account is eligible for an upgrade on 4-12-2010. His phone is having problems now. It wont hold a charge, it constantly beeps every few minutes for no reason and some other problems. Would vzw let me upgrade 10 days early if I call?
    I'm very sure they would. Just explain the issue and I'm sure they will help you.
    04-02-10 04:00 PM
    i want to get out of my verizon contract. my husband has depoloyment orders as proof of moving to somewhere where there's no service. few questions:

- can i terminate my contract and still keep my number? can i put my # on "standby" for a few days before i figure out my new provider and then the new provider can port my number, or once i cancel my contract does my number vanish into infinity?

- if we're not on a family plan, will i be given a hard time about his deployment orders and me needing to terminate my contract?

- can i do this in store or over the phone only?

thanks!!
    04-03-10 01:58 PM
    Easiest on the phone and faster, as long as there is not wait in a store.

The account must stay active prior to a port, or you will lose the number.

Coverage will be checked as well.

hate to see you go and tell the husband to be safe and stay low.

Besst of luck to you
    04-03-10 06:18 PM
    I have a question about my problem here. I have been swapping my Blackberry Storm 2 because of the sticky bottom buttons issue. This is my 3rd unit and I have the most current OS. I have done everything, battery pull, factory wipe, you name it, I've done it. What can I do? I am getting really frustrated with the Storm 2 because of having so many issues even with the updated screen I'm still experiencing the same trouble like my previous 2 units.
    04-06-10 06:51 AM
    I have a question about my problem here. I have been swapping my Blackberry Storm 2 because of the sticky bottom buttons issue. This is my 3rd unit and I have the most current OS. I have done everything, battery pull, factory wipe, you name it, I've done it. What can I do? I am getting really frustrated with the Storm 2 because of having so many issues even with the updated screen I'm still experiencing the same trouble like my previous 2 units.
    I am sorry that you are still having an issue with your phone but if you call in they can definitley send you another phone that has the updated hardware. It is still covered under warranty and this sounds like a warranty issue.
    04-06-10 12:21 PM
    Hello,

A few months ago I posted here with questions about replacing my second Storm 9530 because of hardware issues (screen click). I called, got very satisfying help from a Verizon cs rep, and had a FRU sent to me by the end of the week. Screen clicked wonderfully on this third storm (still does), and I was very pleased with the way I was treated as a customer. Unfortunately, now this third unit is acting up in a different way; at random times, the screen will not sense my touch correctly. If i try and click any of the icons on the home screen it registers that I am touching the sound, clock, and connections buttons up at the top of the homescreen (far from where I am actually touching). If I manage to select my messages, for example, within this screen I am not able to open any messages, again because it is not reading where my thumb actually is. I have seen other touchscreen phones act this way as a result of water damage, but both of my water damage stickers are still intact (white, no pink or red marks), and the phone has never been exposed to any moisture (I don't even take it into the bathroom).

My question pertains to what I have been reading about doing away with the multi-FRU policy. This being my 3rd storm, and the 3rd one to malfunction within a year, I am a bit wary of being sent another FRU. Or even another Storm1 in general. I love the phone when it works, but my three haven't lasted more than 3 months apiece without a major issue. I feel like I am a good candidate for the multi-FRU policy, not someone who is trying to abuse it. I don't want to cheat Verizon into giving me a Storm2 (or any other phone), I actually prefer this phone I just am sick of having to replace it. So, is there any chance Verizon will consider my situation and do something other than suggest insurance replacement or factory refurb? Especially considering the Storm1 isn't carried anymore? I just want a phone that is gonna last me a year or two like they are supposed to. Any helpful advice from reps would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-07-10 09:34 PM
    Hello,

A few months ago I posted here with questions about replacing my second Storm 9530 because of hardware issues (screen click). I called, got very satisfying help from a Verizon cs rep, and had a FRU sent to me by the end of the week. Screen clicked wonderfully on this third storm (still does), and I was very pleased with the way I was treated as a customer. Unfortunately, now this third unit is acting up in a different way; at random times, the screen will not sense my touch correctly. If i try and click any of the icons on the home screen it registers that I am touching the sound, clock, and connections buttons up at the top of the homescreen (far from where I am actually touching). If I manage to select my messages, for example, within this screen I am not able to open any messages, again because it is not reading where my thumb actually is. I have seen other touchscreen phones act this way as a result of water damage, but both of my water damage stickers are still intact (white, no pink or red marks), and the phone has never been exposed to any moisture (I don't even take it into the bathroom).

My question pertains to what I have been reading about doing away with the multi-FRU policy. This being my 3rd storm, and the 3rd one to malfunction within a year, I am a bit wary of being sent another FRU. Or even another Storm1 in general. I love the phone when it works, but my three haven't lasted more than 3 months apiece without a major issue. I feel like I am a good candidate for the multi-FRU policy, not someone who is trying to abuse it. I don't want to cheat Verizon into giving me a Storm2 (or any other phone), I actually prefer this phone I just am sick of having to replace it. So, is there any chance Verizon will consider my situation and do something other than suggest insurance replacement or factory refurb? Especially considering the Storm1 isn't carried anymore? I just want a phone that is gonna last me a year or two like they are supposed to. Any helpful advice from reps would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    The Storm 1 is actually still available for purchase.
    Unfortunately, due to the people that did abuse the multi-fru program, it was discontinued as of 4/1. The options now are another FRU, full price, alternate upgrade or certified pre-owned.
    04-07-10 09:41 PM
    The Storm 1 is actually still available for purchase.
    Unfortunately, due to the people that did abuse the multi-fru program, it was discontinued as of 4/1. The options now are another FRU, full price, alternate upgrade or certified pre-owned.
    So I am 7 days too late? Indeed that is unfortunate. People who abuse the system cause the rest of us who don't to be punished. Such is life I suppose, thank you for the quick reply.
    04-07-10 10:25 PM
    So, quick question. On my plan, I don't have any texting option. However, I do pay the BB Data Cost, that includes email and internet. My question is, does BBM (Black Berry Messenger) use "texting" data (which would require me getting a texting plan so I don't get popped per text) or does it use BB "Email/Internet" data?
    04-08-10 01:09 PM
    So I am 7 days too late? Indeed that is unfortunate. People who abuse the system cause the rest of us who don't to be punished. Such is life I suppose, thank you for the quick reply.
    The mulit-fru policy changed before 04/01, the new certified pre-owned policy was added 4/01. Sorry if you are still having an issue but unless you purchase a new phone, the warranty will only cover the same device you bought.
    04-08-10 02:26 PM
    So, quick question. On my plan, I don't have any texting option. However, I do pay the BB Data Cost, that includes email and internet. My question is, does BBM (Black Berry Messenger) use "texting" data (which would require me getting a texting plan so I don't get popped per text) or does it use BB "Email/Internet" data?
    BBM uses data, so you can use that as much as you want.
    04-08-10 02:26 PM
    BBM uses data, so you can use that as much as you want.
    Uses the internet data that I pay for and not "texting data"?
    04-08-10 02:41 PM
    Uses the internet data that I pay for and not "texting data"?
    Correct. It does not use text at all.
    04-08-10 02:43 PM
    Correct. It does not use text at all.
    Very cool. Thanks!
    04-08-10 02:50 PM
    my sister wants my AT&T 8900 ..she's on verizon. is this impossible? what if she gets an international SIM card?
    04-08-10 05:20 PM
    my sister wants my AT&T 8900 ..she's on verizon. is this impossible? what if she gets an international SIM card?
    Not possible. Different technology
    04-08-10 05:21 PM
    Question: My son's phone is due for an upgrade on my account...we have a plan that has been discontinued, so I will need to change my plan. The billing cycle ends on 4/25/10. If I change plans today is that going to mess things up and give me some kind of crazy bill? Would it be best to do it on 4/25/10 to avoid ending up with a "surprise" bill? The phone he wants is a good price today, so that's what makes me want to take care of it now.

Thanks for any input!
    04-10-10 12:31 PM
    Question: My son's phone is due for an upgrade on my account...we have a plan that has been discontinued, so I will need to change my plan. The billing cycle ends on 4/25/10. If I change plans today is that going to mess things up and give me some kind of crazy bill? Would it be best to do it on 4/25/10 to avoid ending up with a "surprise" bill? The phone he wants is a good price today, so that's what makes me want to take care of it now.

Thanks for any input!
    In most cases they can change the plan with you before you upgrade and go over any prorations with you over the phone. In this case, it will probably be better to call them.
    04-10-10 10:10 PM
    I have an 8530 on a family share plan w/ 4 lines. One of the lines is scheduled for an upgrade in July. That line is under a Samsung Juke, what will I pay to upgrade that to a Storm 2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 12:38 PM
    I have an 8530 on a family share plan w/ 4 lines. One of the lines is scheduled for an upgrade in July. That line is under a Samsung Juke, what will I pay to upgrade that to a Storm 2?

Whatever the price is online. It changes often and can vary based on your account.

04-11-10 03:10 PM
    Regarding the ring tone issue with the latest OS for the Tour

Seems Verizon is not acknowledging this problem. Is there anything that they are willing to do aside from telling me to downgrade back to 4.7?

That is an unacceptable answer considering I was told the problems I was having with 4.7 would be fixed by 5.0. Now they have no idea what I am talking about even though it is all over the forums on the VZW website.
    04-13-10 02:49 PM
    Regarding the ring tone issue with the latest OS for the Tour

Seems Verizon is not acknowledging this problem. Is there anything that they are willing to do aside from telling me to downgrade back to 4.7?

That is an unacceptable answer considering I was told the problems I was having with 4.7 would be fixed by 5.0. Now they have no idea what I am talking about even though it is all over the forums on the VZW website.
    Not all reps are going to be aware of the issue, since an official "known issues" has not been released yet for the 5.0. The 5.0 is actually being encouraged, to push the new Push to Talk app. I know some of the analysts that are actually working with RIM to get the bugs worked out, so saying that VzW is not acknowledging it is an ill-informed assumption on your part.
    04-13-10 03:05 PM
    Not all reps are going to be aware of the issue, since an official "known issues" has not been released yet for the 5.0. The 5.0 is actually being encouraged, to push the new Push to Talk app. I know some of the analysts that are actually working with RIM to get the bugs worked out, so saying that VzW is not acknowledging it is an ill-informed assumption on your part.
    Nope, not ill-informed assumption on my part. I was told by 4 CSR's one over the phone tech and one in store tech that they were unaware of this problem. Yet as I said it is all over the forums on the VZW website.

I wouldn't expect all the reps to know exactly what's going on all the time but 6 VZW employees after checking their notes still had no idea or record. I would think there should be some sort of record of this all ready for them to reference.
    04-13-10 03:46 PM
    Question--I'm looking to purchase a used Tour from someone who has lost her job and she had to disconnect service. There is a balance on her bill she stated also. Will Verizon let me activate the phone on my acct even though she has a outstanding balance or do they block the ESN from being activated by anyone?
    04-14-10 11:25 AM
5,111 ... 175176177178179 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD