View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have a question & I hope someone can give me some insight here:

Back in December my line (which is the primary on a shared plan) was eligible for an annual upgrade (through My Verizon). I upgraded & to make a long story shot, I did not like the phone & I sent it back within 3 days. A few days after the phone was received at Verizon's phone center, I logged into my account online & saw that my NE2 discount had been put back on the account, but it no longer showed the annual upgrade option.

My question is - can I still do an annual upgrade. If I have to pay a $35 restocking fee to cover the phone that I returned, I have no problem with that. I did not get a new phone at the time because I wanted to do some more research & find a phone that was right for me. I bought a used BlackBerry Storm 9530 from a co-worker that had upgraded to a Motorola Droid, have fallen in love with my BB & would like to upgrade to either the Storm 2 or the Curve 8530.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Yes you can there is just no way to change the indicator once you take advantage of it. If you called and explained the situation it can be overriden.
    03-12-10 02:00 PM
    Yes you can there is just no way to change the indicator once you take advantage of it. If you called and explained the situation it can be overriden.

Thanks so much for the response. I plan on going into a store this weekend to play with a couple of phones some more before making a decision.
    03-12-10 04:55 PM
    Verizon Reps:

I have read a lot of messages about the primary account holder of family share plans being eligible for upgrades after one year instead of two. I am wondering if I would fall into that bucket, as when I check on-line, it shows my upgrade date as 2 years (20 months).

I am the primary, and I have two other lines, one for my wife and one for my daughter. I have a Storm on the primary, my wife has the Tour and my daughter has a lower-end phone. Should I be eligible for the yearly upgrade or would what I am seeing on-line be accurate for some reason? My two years (20 moths) is up in August or so, however I am hoping to upgrade to the Bold9650/Tour2, assuming that it will be released in the next couple of months.

Thanks!
    03-14-10 07:22 PM
    Verizon Reps:

I have read a lot of messages about the primary account holder of family share plans being eligible for upgrades after one year instead of two. I am wondering if I would fall into that bucket, as when I check on-line, it shows my upgrade date as 2 years (20 months).

I am the primary, and I have two other lines, one for my wife and one for my daughter. I have a Storm on the primary, my wife has the Tour and my daughter has a lower-end phone. Should I be eligible for the yearly upgrade or would what I am seeing on-line be accurate for some reason? My two years (20 moths) is up in August or so, however I am hoping to upgrade to the Bold9650/Tour2, assuming that it will be released in the next couple of months.

Thanks!
    What plan are you on right now? Verizon allows an early annual upgrade (12 months) on lines whose monthly access is $50 a month before adding features. Normally this is the primary line on a family share plan but it is possible that you do not have a qualifying price plan if you have an older plan. It could also be that your wife has the primary number but your name is on the account. If that is the case your wife's phone would have the annual upgrade eligibility.
    03-15-10 12:24 AM
    @weekend,

thanks for your understanding in the point i was trying to get across...if i want to have two data plans and one phone is cheaper than the other and they are both on bogo deal i didnt understand why they wouldnt. Well in fact they did. Seems like lately everyone wants to flame ppl or jump on them for inquiring about honest questions. I dont have a problem if its the correct answer but when they are wrong it just makes them look even more rude. We are all here to learn, not argue about what "i" think to be correct.

Thanks again for all the helpful people on here.
    03-15-10 01:05 AM
    What plan are you on right now? Verizon allows an early annual upgrade (12 months) on lines whose monthly access is $50 a month before adding features. Normally this is the primary line on a family share plan but it is possible that you do not have a qualifying price plan if you have an older plan. It could also be that your wife has the primary number but your name is on the account. If that is the case your wife's phone would have the annual upgrade eligibility.
    afallucco: Thanks for your help. I am on the 1400 minutes for I believe $110, shared across three lines. I have the BES data plan for my BB and my wife is on the BIS data plan. With the three lines and two data plans, my monthly bill is over $200 each moth. I have confirmed that my line is the primary, therefore would this mean that despite the on-line tool showing that I am about 16 months through my 20 months that I am probably already eligible? Thanks again!
    03-15-10 01:13 PM
    03-15-10 11:11 PM
    I am not sure whether the problem I am having should be aimed at AT&T reps or Verizon reps. I am on AT&T and have been sending email to a friend that has Verizon using her xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com address for the last few years without a hitch. But starting last Thursday she gets the mail I send but I cannot get hers. I have resent my service books numerous times. Deleted the email account and added it back a few times and still nothing. Any ideas on what to try next?

p.s. I have also posted this in the AT&T reps thread.
    03-16-10 05:49 PM
    hey i have a simple question - can i keep my same phone number from At&t when switching to verizon?

also, more complicated question - what is Verizon's policy with switching phones (assuming you get a new phone and 3 days later decide you don't like it). i switched phones with at&t and they threw a wall of fees at me for it.
    03-17-10 10:14 PM
    @Alexmurphy, you can port any number to Verizon. So you are good on that.

As for your second question, you have 30 days to decide whether or not you want the phone you picked. If you want you can exchange for any other device within your first thirty days. The only thing is that it will cost you the difference between the two devices. Finally you will pay a 35 dollar restocking fee for returning the first device. You can only make ONE switch during your 30 days. So choose wisely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 11:06 PM
    @Alexmurphy, you can port any number to Verizon. So you are good on that.

As for your second question, you have 30 days to decide whether or not you want the phone you picked. If you want you can exchange for any other device within your first thirty days. The only thing is that it will cost you the difference between the two devices. Finally you will pay a 35 dollar restocking fee for returning the first device. You can only make ONE switch during your 30 days. So choose wisely.

alright, thats amazing, i really didnt want to change my number

and thats about the way it was with at&t so whatever
    03-18-10 09:08 AM
    I have a question on this thread..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...18#post4837718

Thanks
    You have a question on a thread that you started?
    03-18-10 11:00 AM
    VZW Rep:

Is the PTT for Blackberry going to be only for the Tour? I have two Storm2s and I only got them because I heard that all blackberrys on verizon were going to be able to download the PTT app. I keep hearing different things, that it's only going to be on the tour, and some other sources tell me it's going to be for all Blackberrys. Can you clarify this for me? *Crosses fingers
    03-23-10 05:32 PM
    I'm pretty sure it will be available for any device with 5.0

03-24-10 12:07 PM
    VZW Rep:

Is the PTT for Blackberry going to be only for the Tour? I have two Storm2s and I only got them because I heard that all blackberrys on verizon were going to be able to download the PTT app. I keep hearing different things, that it's only going to be on the tour, and some other sources tell me it's going to be for all Blackberrys. Can you clarify this for me? *Crosses fingers
    For right now, it is only for the Tour. Since it's an app and not an actual hardware function (like a GzOne) I am sure it will be available on others soon...when is the question...
    03-24-10 12:11 PM
    Read through all info, but still need some clairification please.

My daughter will be in France for (2) weeks in April. Her current phone is the ENV 2. I am under the impression that she will not be able to use this phone based on the CDMA vs GSM networks. Is this correct ?

In addition, what are my options ?

I read about the "Occasional Global Traveler" plan. and what exactly does this entail? Renting a phone vs buying a global device etc ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    03-25-10 11:59 AM
    Read through all info, but still need some clairification please.

My daughter will be in France for (2) weeks in April. Her current phone is the ENV 2. I am under the impression that she will not be able to use this phone based on the CDMA vs GSM networks. Is this correct ?

In addition, what are my options ?

I read about the "Occasional Global Traveler" plan. and what exactly does this entail? Renting a phone vs buying a global device etc ?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    You are correct, she will not be able to use her phone because France is GSM. The Global Travel Pogram sounds like a good bet, unless your daughter travels a lot, then getting her own Global phone is the best option. There is no fee for the phone, just 9.99 for shipping. You pay for what you use which is 1.29 (for France) on the Standard plan or with the Global Value Plan (4.99/month) it's .99 a min. Text is 0.50 to send and 0.05 to receive. Picture msg is 0.50 to send and 0.25 to receive. The cost for text is the same no matter which option you choose (standaer vs GVP). You can call them at 1-800-711-8300.
    03-25-10 12:09 PM
    You are correct, she will not be able to use her phone because France is GSM. The Global Travel Pogram sounds like a good bet, unless your daughter travels a lot, then getting her own Global phone is the best option. There is no fee for the phone, just 9.99 for shipping. You pay for what you use which is 1.29 (for France) on the Standard plan or with the Global Value Plan (4.99/month) it's .99 a min. Text is 0.50 to send and 0.05 to receive. Picture msg is 0.50 to send and 0.25 to receive. The cost for text is the same no matter which option you choose (standaer vs GVP). You can call them at 1-800-711-8300.
    Thank you sir ! very helpful
    03-25-10 12:26 PM
    Thank you sir ! very helpful
    You're welcome. Glad to help.
    03-25-10 12:33 PM
    I have a question regarding claims & insurance & exchanges & so forth.

I got my blackberry curve 8330 from Alltel January 2009. I know Alltel used to have the exchange by mail thing where they sent you a new phone but you put your battery & battery door on it. It was refurbished though.

I didn't know if Verizon had anything like this or not? Cause when I make an insurance claim, I have to pay $95 for another curve & they won't even give you a brand new one! So it is not worth that much money for a refurbished phone.

Problem is I am available for an upgrade but I am trying to keep off a contract because in August I was going to get off of my familys plan & get my own line and bill and avoiding the fee of busting a contract! I think that I just got a bum curve right now because the battery dies before 8 hours is even up! It constantly bricks itself to where I have to restore the ENTIRE operating system again! That has happened more than 10 times! & the service is horrible! I'm not sure what to do? But I do not want to pay $95 for another phone when chances are it isn't even a new phone!

Any suggestions at all? Please help with anything! Anything will help!

Thanks!
    03-28-10 12:11 PM
    I have a question regarding claims & insurance & exchanges & so forth.

I got my blackberry curve 8330 from Alltel January 2009. I know Alltel used to have the exchange by mail thing where they sent you a new phone but you put your battery & battery door on it. It was refurbished though.

I didn't know if Verizon had anything like this or not? Cause when I make an insurance claim, I have to pay $95 for another curve & they won't even give you a brand new one! So it is not worth that much money for a refurbished phone.

Problem is I am available for an upgrade but I am trying to keep off a contract because in August I was going to get off of my familys plan & get my own line and bill and avoiding the fee of busting a contract! I think that I just got a bum curve right now because the battery dies before 8 hours is even up! It constantly bricks itself to where I have to restore the ENTIRE operating system again! That has happened more than 10 times! & the service is horrible! I'm not sure what to do? But I do not want to pay $95 for another phone when chances are it isn't even a new phone!

Any suggestions at all? Please help with anything! Anything will help!

Thanks!
    Are you out of warranty? Because the issues you are having could warrant a warranty replacement. If not, you either pay for an insurance replacement or upgrade...or wait until April 1st...
    03-28-10 02:51 PM
    I got my first Storm in Feb of last year and i just upgraded to a new Eris today for $79.

04-01-10 06:25 PM
    I guess this is a dumb question, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade and on the crackberry site I can upgrade to the storm 2 and extend my contract for like $20. My question is the way that its set up I have to upgrade my plan too, is this gonna add an additional line to my contract or is it just gonna change my plan and leave everything else the same? I tried to do it from the verizon site, but its not recognizing that I am eligible. It just says that I am eligible in another year for my ne2?
    04-02-10 07:08 AM
    I guess this is a dumb question, but I am eligible for my annual upgrade and on the crackberry site I can upgrade to the storm 2 and extend my contract for like $20. My question is the way that its set up I have to upgrade my plan too, is this gonna add an additional line to my contract or is it just gonna change my plan and leave everything else the same? I tried to do it from the verizon site, but its not recognizing that I am eligible. It just says that I am eligible in another year for my ne2?
    IF this is case, I would call VZW. The rep can see the account and give you all info needed to do what you asking.
    04-02-10 08:23 AM
    i have a question on annual upgrades, i have a family share plan with 2 lines. is the primary line eligible for annual upgrades? ive heard i have to wait 2 years from some and from others told me i can upgrade yearly
    Lines with an access plan of $49.99+ get annual upgrades. On a family share plan, that's only the primary line (unless its the unlimited plan).

04-02-10 12:48 PM
5,111 ... 174175176177178 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD