View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Why did Verizon do away with the VIP program?
    i dont know the oficial reason but most of the benefits are part of the worry free guarantee now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 09:55 AM
    Why did Verizon do away with the VIP program?
    Because it's better than laying off employees.
    03-09-10 03:18 PM
    Situation....

Wife is up for her upgrade next month, going to a Pre. Currently we have a share plan with my BB and her dumb phone she is the primary due to her discount.

May be cheaper for us to get seperate plans.

So my question.... When she upgrades can she just change to an individual plan and I get a new individual plan as well at the 2yr price without penalty?

Also...a lot of the smart phones are BOGO, does that mean only that phone or one of equal or lesser value...IE Buy a pre u can only get another pre for free.

03-09-10 04:27 PM
    Situation....

Wife is up for her upgrade next month, going to a Pre. Currently we have a share plan with my BB and her dumb phone she is the primary due to her discount.

May be cheaper for us to get seperate plans.

So my question.... When she upgrades can she just change to an individual plan and I get a new individual plan as well at the 2yr price without penalty?

Also...a lot of the smart phones are BOGO, does that mean only that phone or one of equal or lesser value...IE Buy a pre u can only get another pre for free.

You can change your plan any time without extending your contract so no worries there. And the current BOGO deal is for the same device only. So Pre for Pre, Droid for Droid, Blackberry for Blackberry. I wish you can get one and get another, I would have been all over that...oh well.
    03-09-10 09:57 PM
    Its buy a droid get any phone of equal or lesser value free .

03-09-10 10:40 PM
    Question:

Im a addon to a family plan with my sister. I been addon family plan for about 8 months now. 2 year contract

My question is if I wanted to cancel my addon line contract on the family plan, how much would I have to pay?

I dont want top cancel the VZW contract as a whole, just my line
    03-09-10 11:11 PM
    Question:

Im a addon to a family plan with my sister. I been addon family plan for about 8 months now. 2 year contract

My question is if I wanted to cancel my addon line contract on the family plan, how much would I have to pay?

Your etf should be around $130 to cancel your line.

03-10-10 12:57 PM
    Question:

Call them and find out. Or do the math.
    03-10-10 01:23 PM
    Is it true, that if a device is deactivated from the account (by choice) and than reactivated, the manufacture's warranty is voided? I'm pretty sure it is, but just checking with you rep guys. Thanks!
    03-10-10 01:30 PM
    Is it true, that if a device is deactivated from the account (by choice) and than reactivated, the manufacture's warranty is voided? I'm pretty sure it is, but just checking with you rep guys. Thanks!
    As long as it's on the same line, it would not be voided.
    03-10-10 05:09 PM
    if I upgrade to a new phone in 1 year instead of 2 do I get any kind of discount or do i have to wait until 2 years for a discount?
    03-10-10 07:49 PM
    if I upgrade to a new phone in 1 year instead of 2 do I get any kind of discount or do i have to wait until 2 years for a discount?
    There are annual upgrades depending on your calling price plan. It will require a small early upgrade fee of twenty dollars.

03-10-10 08:45 PM
    i have a question about the new smartphone bogo deals...i have two lines available for upgrade. If i get a droid on one line, can i get the storm2 on the other line? or does it have to be the same phone...ie...droid and droid..etc...?

thanks
    03-11-10 12:26 AM
    i have a question about the new smartphone bogo deals...i have two lines available for upgrade. If i get a droid on one line, can i get the storm2 on the other line? or does it have to be the same phone...ie...droid and droid..etc...?

thanks
    Has to be the same phone. The web site would say Buy One Get Any .... if you could get a different phone for free.
    03-11-10 12:31 AM
    i just thought i would inquire..and buy one get one to me doesnt stipulate same phone...i would think they would want to move more smartphones in general to create more data plans. As long as the orig phone being purchased is the highest priced phone. Since basically most smartphones are bogo, and the two i listed definetely are, then i dont see the issue but thanks for your input...I will have to change my idea on what to do.
    03-11-10 12:38 AM
    If I have a BlackBerry plan, but then want to downgrade to a regular phone/calling plan, what sort of fee might I pay? I hope that wouldn't count as early termination as I am keeping the line, but just on a lesser plan.
    03-11-10 07:17 AM

thanks
    It is a BOGO, but this is a very specific BOGO, buy one get (the same one) free.
    03-11-10 10:27 AM
    If I have a BlackBerry plan, but then want to downgrade to a regular phone/calling plan, what sort of fee might I pay? I hope that wouldn't count as early termination as I am keeping the line, but just on a lesser plan.
    If you have the regular phone, you can remove BIS/BES from your plan as it is a feature. Your contract remains intact as you are still a customer of Verizon.

The early termination fee only occurs when you cancel service with Verizon by cancelling or porting to another carrier.

So you're good.
    03-11-10 10:29 AM
    If you have the regular phone, you can remove BIS/BES from your plan as it is a feature. Your contract remains intact as you are still a customer of Verizon.

The early termination fee only occurs when you cancel service with Verizon by cancelling or porting to another carrier.

So you're good.
    Thanks for the info! Trying to assess my options for moving overseas.
    03-11-10 11:04 AM

thanks
    I am sure everyone here is going to tell me i am wrong or light me on fire, but who cares.. if you call in to customer service and order over the phone I would bet you money you could find a rep that would let you buy the droid and get the storm 2 for free. Reason- the storm 2 is also BOGO for another storm 2. The worst that will happen is they will tell you no, but I bet they say yes
    03-11-10 01:06 PM
    Has to be the same phone. The web site would say Buy One Get Any .... if you could get a different phone for free.
    This is what the promotion says:

Buy a DROID, DROID Eris, Palm Pre, or Palm Pixi , and Get another device of equal or lesser value after rebate free
    We have internal emails that say, "Buy a droid get ANY PHONE FREE" You can buy a droid and get a Storm2.

thanks
    You can get a Storm2.

I am sure everyone here is going to tell me i am wrong or light me on fire, but who cares.. if you call in to customer service and order over the phone I would bet you money you could find a rep that would let you buy the droid and get the storm 2 for free. Reason- the storm 2 is also BOGO for another storm 2. The worst that will happen is they will tell you no, but I bet they say yes
    You're right they will say yes.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 03-13-10 at 04:29 PM.
    03-11-10 01:11 PM
    This is what the promotion says:

We have internal emails that say, "Buy a droid get ANY PHONE FREE" You can buy a droid and get a Storm2.

You can get a Storm2.

You're right they will say yes.
    Thanks for the back up
    03-11-10 01:15 PM
    If you also look at your resources the reason why it doesn't show online is:

Offer exclusions (unless specifically stated otherwise):

Online orders (VZW.com) - Cell Phones, 3G Smartphones, Mobile Service and Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless cannot support multi-BOGA offers for upgrades at this time. Therefore, most offers will be set up as BOGOs, so that they are available for both new service and upgrade orders.
    03-11-10 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the back up
    No problem.. people have corrected me before so no worries.
    03-11-10 01:22 PM
    I have a question & I hope someone can give me some insight here:

Back in December my line (which is the primary on a shared plan) was eligible for an annual upgrade (through My Verizon). I upgraded & to make a long story shot, I did not like the phone & I sent it back within 3 days. A few days after the phone was received at Verizon's phone center, I logged into my account online & saw that my NE2 discount had been put back on the account, but it no longer showed the annual upgrade option.

My question is - can I still do an annual upgrade. If I have to pay a $35 restocking fee to cover the phone that I returned, I have no problem with that. I did not get a new phone at the time because I wanted to do some more research & find a phone that was right for me. I bought a used BlackBerry Storm 9530 from a co-worker that had upgraded to a Motorola Droid, have fallen in love with my BB & would like to upgrade to either the Storm 2 or the Curve 8530.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
    03-12-10 08:24 AM
5,111 ... 173174175176177 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD