View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Is VZW blocking SMS from MLB.com???

I cannot get a SMS from them to create a mobile account or reset my mobile account. Nothing comes through since I have changed to VZ. I have seen this before with other sites where an SMS is required to activate a service.

What do I need to do to get my SMS without them being filtered by my carrier???
    03-02-10 09:57 AM
    Is VZW blocking SMS from MLB.com???

I cannot get a SMS from them to create a mobile account or reset my mobile account. Nothing comes through since I have changed to VZ. I have seen this before with other sites where an SMS is required to activate a service.

What do I need to do to get my SMS without them being filtered by my carrier???
    Do you get the alerts to your phone number or number@vtext.com?
    03-02-10 11:31 AM
    Do you get the alerts to your phone number or number@vtext.com?
    I don't have the choice. To subscribe to the mobile services, you need to enter your phone number only. Take a look at MLB.com Mobile | MLB.com: Mobile and you will see what I mean.
    03-02-10 01:29 PM
    service texts like that usually fall under the premium text messaging service by Verizon. Check with them and see if you have it enabled. be warned though, if it is a premium text message service, it will ding you 10 bucks a month on your bill.
    03-03-10 08:41 AM
    These are NOT premium texts. They are text messages to activate other SMS services. Another example is on TripIt. To get text messages for flight notifications, etc., you need to set up the messages by entering your phone number and receiving a confirmation code via SMS. The confirmation code gets entered on the website to activate the notifications.

This confirmation code never makes it to my device. Something is getting blocked.
    03-04-10 08:21 AM
    These are NOT premium texts. They are text messages to activate other SMS services. Another example is on TripIt. To get text messages for flight notifications, etc., you need to set up the messages by entering your phone number and receiving a confirmation code via SMS. The confirmation code gets entered on the website to activate the notifications.

This confirmation code never makes it to my device. Something is getting blocked.
    Do you get a message when they try to text you or does it just never come through?
    03-04-10 09:40 PM
    Hi quick question. I've had my tour 9630 for about 10 months now. It was in great condition until last night while on a bus the driver stopped quickly and i banged into the edge of a seatback. I knew right away I'd hit the phone dead on. Turns out my screen is shot, I can't see a thing just white with black lines all over it. The phone still works and I can still make and receive calls and its still receiving messages though I can't see them.

I don't have insurance on the phone. Is there anything Verizon will do for me if I bring the phone in the store or will I be forced to purchase a new phone at full retail?
    03-05-10 08:26 AM
    Hi quick question. I've had my tour 9630 for about 10 months now. It was in great condition until last night while on a bus the driver stopped quickly and i banged into the edge of a seatback. I knew right away I'd hit the phone dead on. Turns out my screen is shot, I can't see a thing just white with black lines all over it. The phone still works and I can still make and receive calls and its still receiving messages though I can't see them.

I don't have insurance on the phone. Is there anything Verizon will do for me if I bring the phone in the store or will I be forced to purchase a new phone at full retail?
    At this time since you do not have insurance, you can buy full retail or since you are 10 months in, at this time and it coming to end in april, you might be able to get one year pricing. This will extend your contract. Also depending on certain factors they MIGHT push an early upgrade to help out.

Other options is to purchase a used device thord party. Just get the MEID number and make sure it is cleared though VZW.
    03-05-10 08:32 AM
    Hey reps, why are so many Verizon CSR's such d bags?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 01:07 AM

What?!?

03-06-10 02:47 AM

Could it your vision? Could it be that you asking for something YOU think you deserve and did not get?

Some more details about your comment are in order, this way the comment might have more meaning.
    03-06-10 07:15 AM

My experiences with CSR has been mostly superb. Your opinion might have something to do with where your head is located.
    03-06-10 09:49 AM
    My wife and I both have blackberries. We joined verizon late jan/early feb of 2009. when we joined I was told that we would be eligible for NE2 and, in addition, if we signed up online we could buy new phones at promo pricing (i.e. same pricing as new customer) each year with the required contract extension of course. So last night we go to upgrade our phones and I am told that one of the phones is eligible for upgrade now but the other isn't until October. We pay for two data plans, have a large shared family plan with text on both lines etc so I am confused as to why both phones are not eligible for upgrade at the same time?
    03-06-10 11:55 AM
    Its more the fact that when you do have to deal with difficult customers that chip stays on your shoulder through and through, your first reaction to that post was that I must have been doing something wrong

03-06-10 12:51 PM
    Its more the fact that when you do have to deal with difficult customers that chip stays on your shoulder through and through, your first reaction to that post was that I must have been doing something wrong

Not at all. Just giving some examples. Yet you have now responded and still no details of your experience.
    03-06-10 01:44 PM

What's your excuse for being a d-bag?
    03-06-10 02:54 PM
    What's your excuse for being a d-bag?
    Point proven, thanks.

03-06-10 05:30 PM
    Point proven, thanks.

BTW, I am still waiting for your response that drives all CS to be d-bags?

This means nothing
    03-06-10 05:36 PM
    My wife and I both have blackberries. We joined verizon late jan/early feb of 2009. when we joined I was told that we would be eligible for NE2 and, in addition, if we signed up online we could buy new phones at promo pricing (i.e. same pricing as new customer) each year with the required contract extension of course. So last night we go to upgrade our phones and I am told that one of the phones is eligible for upgrade now but the other isn't until October. We pay for two data plans, have a large shared family plan with text on both lines etc so I am confused as to why both phones are not eligible for upgrade at the same time?

Is your and your wife's BlackBerry on your family plan together?

With certain plans, Verizion will let you do an annual upgrade online, but in the case of family plans, only the primary line is eligible for the upgrade.

As an example, there are 3 lines on my family plan - My BB, hubby's Samsung Intensity & my son's ENV2. Because my line is the primary line on the account, I do get the annual upgrade option. The other 2 have to wait until they are eligible.
    03-06-10 07:33 PM
    Is your and your wife's BlackBerry on your family plan together?

With certain plans, Verizion will let you do an annual upgrade online, but in the case of family plans, only the primary line is eligible for the upgrade.

As an example, there are 3 lines on my family plan - My BB, hubby's Samsung Intensity & my son's ENV2. Because my line is the primary line on the account, I do get the annual upgrade option. The other 2 have to wait until they are eligible.
    That is correct - we are both on a family plan together. She is primary due to corp discount so it's her line that is eligible at this time. I just figured that since we joined together everything would come up at the same time. apparently not. thank you for clarifying for me.
    03-06-10 09:13 PM
    That is correct - we are both on a family plan together. She is primary due to corp discount so it's her line that is eligible at this time. I just figured that since we joined together everything would come up at the same time. apparently not. thank you for clarifying for me.
    I thought the same thing as you did until I went to upgrade my phone & hubby's phone at the same time. I think it would be great if Verizon would allow an annual upgrade to be available for all lines on family plans, but I don't know if that will ever happen.
    03-06-10 09:53 PM
    I thought the same thing as you did until I went to upgrade my phone & hubby's phone at the same time. I think it would be great if Verizon would allow an annual upgrade to be available for all lines on family plans, but I don't know if that will ever happen.
    I agree - they should. It's not that much cheaper to have family plan than two individual plans (especially with two blackberries). so all should have equal benefits.
    03-07-10 12:01 AM
    I am at an absolute loss as to what I can do to watch a game while traveling the country for work.

I own a Blackberry Storm. My carrier is Verizon. I am an annual subscriber to mlb.tv. Well, I have things blocking every avenue of approach for me. Surely I am not the only one finding this impossible.

The problems?

*The Blackberry Storm does not support a flash player where I can use my mlb.tv subscription on it.

*The best option for Blackberry owners is the MLB at bat app (which I am begging anyone to inform me where to find it). This application does not support live streaming of the games. I do have XM satellite radio and the ability to listen to the games, but audio is not what I am looking for. And my XM almost makes the MLB at bat app obsolete.

*I also have a laptop for use during my travels, but all air cards are limited to 5 gigs. This allows me to watch approximately 3 hours of baseball a month. It takes 3 hours to complete 1 game. Air cards are a rip off for baseball fans!

*I would get an iPhone, but Verizon does not use them. I only have Verizon because AT&T does not work in my hometown whereas Verizon's coverage has rarely failed me.

*An iPod touch sounds intriguing, but you have to have a wifi connection for mlb.tv to work. And I am not sure if it is reliable yet either. But since I am always in small towns accross America, it will be hard pressed for me to find a wifi hot spot. If anyone knows if an iPod touch can stream a baseball game live without buffering every 5 seconds, please let me know.

After reading this, would you say that someone like me is doomed? It's as if I am so close I can taste it, but really have only been lead on the entire time. I have many options, yet these companies have not become compatible to my needs yet. Even though I am paying $60 a month for the air card, $30 a month for the 3G Blackberry browser, another $100 a month for Verizon phone coverage, $40 a month for home internet, over $1000 for the laptop, $120 for the mlb.tv subscription, after all this, I still can't use any of this for the number one reason for me to want it.

Please anyone help! I will pay someone for good advice. There has to be something I am missing.
    03-07-10 12:54 AM
    I am at an absolute loss as to what I can do to watch a game while traveling the country for work.

I own a Blackberry Storm. My carrier is Verizon. I am an annual subscriber to mlb.tv. Well, I have things blocking every avenue of approach for me. Surely I am not the only one finding this impossible.

The problems?

*The Blackberry Storm does not support a flash player where I can use my mlb.tv subscription on it.

*The best option for Blackberry owners is the MLB at bat app (which I am begging anyone to inform me where to find it). This application does not support live streaming of the games. I do have XM satellite radio and the ability to listen to the games, but audio is not what I am looking for. And my XM almost makes the MLB at bat app obsolete.

*I also have a laptop for use during my travels, but all air cards are limited to 5 gigs. This allows me to watch approximately 3 hours of baseball a month. It takes 3 hours to complete 1 game. Air cards are a rip off for baseball fans!

*I would get an iPhone, but Verizon does not use them. I only have Verizon because AT&T does not work in my hometown whereas Verizon's coverage has rarely failed me.

*An iPod touch sounds intriguing, but you have to have a wifi connection for mlb.tv to work. And I am not sure if it is reliable yet either. But since I am always in small towns accross America, it will be hard pressed for me to find a wifi hot spot. If anyone knows if an iPod touch can stream a baseball game live without buffering every 5 seconds, please let me know.

After reading this, would you say that someone like me is doomed? It's as if I am so close I can taste it, but really have only been lead on the entire time. I have many options, yet these companies have not become compatible to my needs yet. Even though I am paying $60 a month for the air card, $30 a month for the 3G Blackberry browser, another $100 a month for Verizon phone coverage, $40 a month for home internet, over $1000 for the laptop, $120 for the mlb.tv subscription, after all this, I still can't use any of this for the number one reason for me to want it.

Please anyone help! I will pay someone for good advice. There has to be something I am missing.
    Android has a new app for $16 that gives you home and away commentary for every game, pitch tracking and a ton of stats on screen. With your mlb subsctiption, you would be able to watch some games too from my understanding of the app.

03-07-10 01:24 PM
    Why did Verizon do away with the VIP program?
    03-07-10 09:02 PM
5,111 ... 172173174175176 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD