View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I'm just wondering what Verizon's policy is with the Storm 1's these days. I've been very happy with mine up until now, when suddenly the screen click has gotten drastically worse. The corners hardly click, are mushy, and the bottom (where the spacebar is in suretype) is very difficult to depress. I also have basically no memory (between 2-5mb) with the official .328 OS, which is making my phone run incredibly slow. I have searched Crackberry and have been a part of this website for quite awhile, and I am familiar with the screen click "fixes," as well as strategies for opening up memory, but these have been relatively ineffective. I am unsatisfied with my phone now, but none of these problems really seem to be anything drastic enough to take into a store and have replaced. I am well past the 60 days or whatever, but still have over a year until my upgrade. I just want a Storm that works like it is supposed to, but I fear I am basically screwed into struggling with this Storm for now because Verizon won't see any reason to replace this one. Any of you Verizon reps have any insight?
    02-21-10 02:00 PM
    I'm just wondering what Verizon's policy is with the Storm 1's these days. I've been very happy with mine up until now, when suddenly the screen click has gotten drastically worse. The corners hardly click, are mushy, and the bottom (where the spacebar is in suretype) is very difficult to depress. I also have basically no memory (between 2-5mb) with the official .328 OS, which is making my phone run incredibly slow. I have searched Crackberry and have been a part of this website for quite awhile, and I am familiar with the screen click "fixes," as well as strategies for opening up memory, but these have been relatively ineffective. I am unsatisfied with my phone now, but none of these problems really seem to be anything drastic enough to take into a store and have replaced. I am well past the 60 days or whatever, but still have over a year until my upgrade. I just want a Storm that works like it is supposed to, but I fear I am basically screwed into struggling with this Storm for now because Verizon won't see any reason to replace this one. Any of you Verizon reps have any insight?
    You can cal call VZW tech, they will run all the trouble shooting with you. Back up before you call. If it is not resolved they will send you another device, provisong all warr. requirements are met.
    02-21-10 04:47 PM
    I did just that and a new device is coming Wednesday. Although I probably shouldn't say "new". Should I expect a refurb device? I'm just worried I will receive a device that clicks no better than this one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 04:55 PM
    I did just that and a new device is coming Wednesday. Although I probably shouldn't say "new". Should I expect a refurb device? I'm just worried I will receive a device that clicks no better than this one.

You will get a certified like new device. Do not worry sometimes they are better thean the original. I know my tour is.
    02-21-10 04:57 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help. I won't worry. Any chance they will be out of storm1's and send me a storm 2? Not that I particularly want that to happen but a buddy of mine had trouble with his s1 and ended up with an s2

02-21-10 05:00 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help. I won't worry. Any chance they will be out of storm1's and send me a storm 2? Not that I particularly want that to happen but a buddy of mine had trouble with his s1 and ended up with an s2

Most liekly not, out of stock most of the time is rare.
    02-21-10 05:42 PM
    Most liekly not, out of stock most of the time is rare.
    That makes sense in most cases, I just didn't know since I haven't heard if BB is continuing to make Storm 1's. I know many Verizon stores (if not all of them) no longer sell them because the Storm 2 has taken its place. But I also realize that if RIM and Verizon can avoid giving out Storm2's to troubled Storm1 owners they will do so at all costs.
    02-22-10 01:02 AM
    That makes sense in most cases, I just didn't know since I haven't heard if BB is continuing to make Storm 1's. I know many Verizon stores (if not all of them) no longer sell them because the Storm 2 has taken its place. But I also realize that if RIM and Verizon can avoid giving out Storm2's to troubled Storm1 owners they will do so at all costs.
    Whats the reason to give a different model of phone for another?
    02-22-10 01:42 AM
    Whats the reason to give a different model of phone for another?
    there really is no reason other than if one model were no longer continued and thus were physically unavailable to ship as a replacement. That's all I was saying.

02-22-10 02:07 AM
    There HAVE been cases of the S1 being temp out of stock and folks have received S2s, but it's rare, stock of replacement S1s is usually pretty good, but you never know. Cross your fingers. Let us know.
    02-22-10 09:32 AM
    there really is no reason other than if one model were no longer continued and thus were physically unavailable to ship as a replacement. That's all I was saying.

If there was none in stock, yes, you would get a different model that is simular.
    02-22-10 10:36 AM
    I switched to my tour from the droid about two weeks ago. Now when I try switching back online, it's saying my request can't be completed at this time. Our billing cycle ends on the 26th, will I have to wait until then to switch back to my droid?

When I first planned on using the tour again at the beginning of Feb., I had the same problem reactivating it. Is the system just wonky or what?
    02-23-10 12:34 PM
    I was wondering about that as well. I've switched. Rachel and forth and each time neither option 3 on the phone or the website will work and I have to go through a CSR. I would like to switch without bothering them. What's The story?

I switched to my tour from the droid about two weeks ago. Now when I try switching back online, it's saying my request can't be completed at this time. Our billing cycle ends on the 26th, will I have to wait until then to switch back to my droid?

When I first planned on using the tour again at the beginning of Feb., I had the same problem reactivating it. Is the system just wonky or what?

02-23-10 12:48 PM
    Upgrade Question:

*Single Line
    *Eligible for NE2 upgrade
    *Currently has old Samsung
    *39.99 Nationwide
    *10 Messaging

Can i upgrade this line to a BlackBerry at the 2 year price, and then switch it back to the old Samsung and sell the BlackBerry? Or keep the BlackBerry as my backup?

Thanks for any info!

02-24-10 07:53 AM
    Yeah you would be able to switch and you can do what ever you want with the phone. You will have the new ETF and will use your NE2 but other then that there is nothing wrong with upgrading and selling or saving the phone.
    02-24-10 10:19 AM
    Thanks for that info. i thought that maybe i would have to have the BlackBerry data plan for the term of the upgrade in order to get the BlackBerry at a discounted price.

It may a hassle, switching plans to upgrade to the BlackBerry then switching back. But i would like to sell a BlackBerry.
    02-24-10 10:22 AM
    There HAVE been cases of the S1 being temp out of stock and folks have received S2s, but it's rare, stock of replacement S1s is usually pretty good, but you never know. Cross your fingers. Let us know.
    Unfortunately, I was not lucky enough to come away with a Storm2. The good news is that my replacement S1 seems to work wonderfully. Hopefully this one won't bug out on me too!
    02-25-10 08:37 PM
    question...

I got a Tour in July the day they came out. I signed a 2 year contract. Is it true on the 10th month after signing a 2 year contract that I would be eligible for an upgrade at a 2 year contract price again?

if that rumer is correct, I would be able to upgrade in May?
    02-25-10 09:26 PM
    question...

I got a Tour in July the day they came out. I signed a 2 year contract. Is it true on the 10th month after signing a 2 year contract that I would be eligible for an upgrade at a 2 year contract price again?

if that rumer is correct, I would be able to upgrade in May?
    Only if you are the Primary on a Familyshare or pay at least 34.99 on a Single line. And if thats the case you qualify for a Annual Upgrade, which means you can upgrade in July.
    02-25-10 10:09 PM
    To expand on my previous post, you are only able to upgrade on the 10th month when you upgrade with a one year contract.
    02-25-10 10:16 PM
    To expand on my previous post, you are only able to upgrade on the 10th month when you upgrade with a one year contract.
    Thanks for the quick response..

I am on a single line only... its only me. I only have the 450 minute nationwide plan talk and text since most everyone I know is on Verizon for 59.99 a month, so the minutes are free. I pay about 80 bucks a month just for my calling plan and VZ Nav.

I would be able to upgrade still in the 10th month?

if so, does Verizon let you know you can upgrade through a letter?, or is it up to me to remember?
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 02-26-10 at 07:24 AM.
    02-26-10 07:21 AM
    Thanks for the quick response..

I am on a single line only... its only me. I only have the 450 minute nationwide plan talk and text since most everyone I know is on Verizon for 59.99 a month, so the minutes are free. I pay about 80 bucks a month just for my calling plan and VZ Nav.

I would be able to upgrade still in the 10th month?

if so, does Verizon let you know you can upgrade through a letter?, or is it up to me to remember?
    As I stated
    And if thats the case you qualify for a Annual Upgrade, which means you can upgrade in July.
    ....If you are on a 2 year contract you have to wait for the one year mark to upgrade.
    02-26-10 08:25 AM
    Any idea in way my CB user name got deleted prior to activation, On Verizon community website. Could of been cuas they read my phone profile, and they saw that I had .419/509 hybrid ? And they were like Oh no this guy ain't coming in here trying to convince people in getting a hybrid

I'm just clueless in why they deleted ?

03-01-10 12:07 AM
    Any idea in way my CB user name got deleted prior to activation, On Verizon community website. Could of been cuas they read my phone profile, and they saw that I had .419/509 hybrid ? And they were like Oh no this guy ain't coming in here trying to convince people in getting a hybrid

I'm just clueless in why they deleted ?

03-01-10 12:20 AM
    LMAO Fudc

Your a monkey ! Ha ha ha

Mann that's funny. Your a punk ! Ha ha
    You're a ***** ! Beach
    Last edited by MPh1000; 03-01-10 at 02:09 AM.
    03-01-10 01:55 AM
5,111 ... 171172173174175 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD