View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    How does an env3 use data if that feature is never used? So that's $9.99 for 24 months for a feature that will NEVER be used. All these carriers are doing is limiting the customer's choice of phone if they choose not to pay for a certain feature.

Att is worst for requiring messaging and/or data plans for some phones, but I'd be able to activate a phone without them automatically adding those features.
    Trust me, on this one ATT is most likely waiting for the fall out of what VZW did. If it works, and it will, ATT will do the same.

With that in mind you may use the feature, but all those that say they do not want data and end using it have kinda ruined for all those that don't. Anotherwords, folks use the data and then do want to pay for it. Too big a revenue loss for the company.
    02-01-10 07:28 PM
    Bought my brand new Storm 2 at Best Buy 3 months ago, now the charger is not working.

Can i got to get charger replaced at VZW store under warranty? Well Is the charger covered under the warranty?
    02-04-10 02:30 AM
    Bought my brand new Storm 2 at Best Buy 3 months ago, now the charger is not working.

Can i got to get charger replaced at VZW store under warranty? Well Is the charger covered under the warranty?
    Asking the "stupid" reps for help now...Yes it is covered under warranty.
    02-04-10 02:31 AM
    u know whats funny..

My friend was going to VZW to pay the bill. I have my phone under him, so I ask him to take my charger back and get it replaced for me..

Well he came back and said VZW rep lady couldn't find my phone in the account/system or where I got it from or some BS like that.. Im like WTF?

She said all it says is I bought a phone in October.. DUHH
    They told my friend to bring a receipt...

LOL WOW Just WOW

More proof....
    Last edited by BigDawgOfThemAll; 02-04-10 at 02:36 AM.
    02-04-10 02:34 AM
    u know whats funny..

My friend was going to VZW to pay the bill. I have my phone under him, so I ask him to take my charger back and get it replaced for me..

Well he came back and said VZW rep lady couldn't find my phone in the account/system or where I got it from or some BS like that.. Im like WTF?

She said all it says is I bought a phone in October.. DUHH
    They told my friend to bring a receipt...

LOL WOW Just WOW

More proof....

Calm down! When you go into the store tell them where you purchased it from. At this point they should be able to look up when you bought it as well as the location code of where you purchased it and the original order number. Once this information is found, you will then be given a new replacement charger. It shouldn't be hard to figure out for the rep. If anything the rep should understand that the phone isn't a year old and that if purchased at an agent location or authorized dealer it should still be covered if outside it's 30 day purchase from that location.
    02-04-10 08:27 AM
    Hi, I'm currently on a family plan with 2 additional lines and I have an aircard on my account too. I'm currently using the original Storm and would like to switch to a more friendly device such as WinMo or Android device since I no longer require my emails immediately. Due to an out of warranty replacement back in october, none of my lines are eligible for an annual upgrade or a NE2 for a while.

I'm looking for opinions on the feasibility of my latest idea to accomplish this: I would activate the phone I chose on another line, cancel my BB after 30 days, then move my BB's current # to the new phone(unless this was possible sooner). My ETF should be around $100 now for that line, I'm also unsure of the logistics of accomplishing this. Would VZW "port" a # from themselves? Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-05-10 08:05 PM
    Hi, I'm currently on a family plan with 2 additional lines and I have an aircard on my account too. I'm currently using the original Storm and would like to switch to a more friendly device such as WinMo or Android device since I no longer require my emails immediately. Due to an out of warranty replacement back in october, none of my lines are eligible for an annual upgrade or a NE2 for a while.

I'm looking for opinions on the feasibility of my latest idea to accomplish this: I would activate the phone I chose on another line, cancel my BB after 30 days, then move my BB's current # to the new phone(unless this was possible sooner). My ETF should be around $100 now for that line, I'm also unsure of the logistics of accomplishing this. Would VZW "port" a # from themselves? Thanks in advance for your help.
    No you can not port a VZW number to VZW. You would have to keep the new number if you get a new line, or cancel the new line with the 350 ETF and keep your number.
    02-05-10 09:19 PM
    What about porting my current number to a prepaid plan on another carrier and then port it back to VZW to replace the new number? Is there some kind of time limit that would restrict this? My number was ported from VZW to AT&T back in mid-2008 in a temporary fit of stupidity, when I decided to get an iphone, and then ported back to VZW in 12/2008 without issues.
    02-05-10 09:29 PM
    Oh wow. Yeah if you wanna do all that sure.
    02-05-10 09:35 PM
    Razzle intensity rival and versa = no data charges

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 10:53 PM
    Question for a rep: If a friend gave me a tour he was no longer using and it is still under the 12 month warranty, will I be able to get warranty service on the phone? Friend had the tour and decided to get an eris. No longer uses the tour and gave it to me. There are trackball issues with the tour.
    02-12-10 10:48 PM
    Question for a rep: If a friend gave me a tour he was no longer using and it is still under the 12 month warranty, will I be able to get warranty service on the phone? Friend had the tour and decided to get an eris. No longer uses the tour and gave it to me. There are trackball issues with the tour.
    Sadly, no. The warranty is only for the original purchaser.
    02-12-10 11:28 PM
    I am an Alltel plan now Verizon customer. My current plan was for two years and not up till 2011. Can I convert over to a Verizon one year plan? I realize the susidized price is more expensive, and I'm ok with that.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    02-14-10 12:16 AM
    I am an Alltel plan now Verizon customer. My current plan was for two years and not up till 2011. Can I convert over to a Verizon one year plan? I realize the susidized price is more expensive, and I'm ok with that.
    Thank you very much in advance.
    You wouldn't be able to "convert". They do have a promotion, if you switch to a VZW Unlimited plan, you can upgrade at the 2 year price, even if you are not eligible.
    02-14-10 09:44 AM
    How is it that Verizon is unable to put towers up in certain counties like mine. Surrounding counties get 3G and I get 1X kind of annoying. I heard it has something to do with getting the rights for it idk.

02-17-10 02:35 PM
    How is it that Verizon is unable to put towers up in certain counties like mine. Surrounding counties get 3G and I get 1X kind of annoying. I heard it has something to do with getting the rights for it idk.

It deals with your country's government and what they all in terms of licensing and such… it is definately out of verizon's hands if this is the case.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-17-10 09:03 PM
    Not country but county I live in wisconsin.

02-18-10 12:14 PM

It still depends on your county; there is limitations set by city and state regulations where cell carriers can place a tower. Of course VZW will determine first if putting a tower in a specific area is cost effective, then they have to aquire the licensing, zoning and all the other good stuff.
    02-18-10 12:21 PM
    As an Alltel user who's in a non-divested market, I was told I cannot switch over to Verizon since I am still technically a part of Alltel without paying the ETF. I'm just making sure this is true because I've about had it with Alltel's slower than crap 3G coverage. Thanks for any clarification.
    02-18-10 07:49 PM
    As an Alltel user who's in a non-divested market, I was told I cannot switch over to Verizon since I am still technically a part of Alltel without paying the ETF. I'm just making sure this is true because I've about had it with Alltel's slower than crap 3G coverage. Thanks for any clarification.
    This would be true. You are under contract with Alltel.
    02-18-10 08:02 PM
    Dammit, go figure. Thanks.
    02-18-10 08:04 PM
    So Ive been a Sprint customer for the past 7 years and Im considering a move to Verizon due to the fact that I want a better phone than sprint can offer. I think we all know I wont be saving any money by switching. I just had a few questions for all you VZW reps/customers.

1. Is it possible to upgrade before your 2 year contract is up without paying full retail? Sprint allows you to upgrade after 1 year.

2. What is the better phone in your opinion between the Droid and the Storm 2? Keeping in mind the webkit, and OS updates etc that is coming. Android updates as well.
    02-18-10 08:50 PM
    So Ive been a Sprint customer for the past 7 years and Im considering a move to Verizon due to the fact that I want a better phone than sprint can offer. I think we all know I wont be saving any money by switching. I just had a few questions for all you VZW reps/customers.

1. Is it possible to upgrade before your 2 year contract is up without paying full retail? Sprint allows you to upgrade after 1 year.

2. What is the better phone in your opinion between the Droid and the Storm 2? Keeping in mind the webkit, and OS updates etc that is coming. Android updates as well.
    If you are on Single line or the Primary of a Familyshare, you are eligible for an Annual upgrade. The plan cost criteria escapes me right now...but yes you can upgrade every year.

We are all waiting for something better from RIM (both software and hardware) and the Nexus is coming with the Snapdragon and plenty more Android phones to come. With the announcement of WinMo 7, we may see some cool devices from that as well. But it's hard to say the devices planned for the future until its about to happen.
    02-18-10 10:42 PM
    Thanks. I figured they had to have some kind of annual deal as well. And I know what you mean, there will be alot of great phones coming this year including the nexus one. But as I am trying to buy a phone in the next couple of days I was wondering what you all thought the most solid investment for that 1 year time span would be.
    02-18-10 10:50 PM

As we say in Chicago, 'Wisconsin is a foreign country'. ;-)
    02-20-10 10:50 PM
5,111 ... 170171172173174 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD