View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    No serivce, no unlock from VZW. There maybe third party companies that might help.
    01-27-10 08:01 PM
    What a tool. this is what wrong with kids today, you broke it you live with it or call the ins company,
    I did break it but my problem is it's still w/in 30 days and I think they should have some sort of redress because I don't like the phone. If they would let me return the new phone I got through insurance then I wouldn't have an issue.
    01-28-10 09:09 AM
    The phone has to be the same condition that it was in when you purchased it or at least not have any clear physical damage. Why should verizon take a hit on the device when you were careless. Use the insurance and either keep the replacement or sell it and pay retail for another phone.
    01-28-10 10:56 AM
    Thanks, i appreciate that. It was a CSR i spoke with and i called twice and got the same infor but previously i was getting yes/no's from diff reps so thought i would verify from someone on here who may be more likely to tell me the truth. Been looking for a used Tour to use and add until the new Tour2 comes out. Also is it possible to get my contacts from a regular phone over to a BB?
    there ara a couple of ways to do this, although being a former alltel customer, that kind of limits the options that you have. one way is with the back up assistant....but i do not believ (and could verry easily be wrong) that that program is a available......if you are able to use that program, then you can export the contacts out on your computer to a cxv (?) file, and import to the desktop manager.

easiest way is to have them transfer them over using a cellbroght machine at the store. some stores will charge for this service, but i believe it is only 5 dollars or so.
    01-28-10 02:33 PM
    Why do the customer service reps try and nickel and dime you to death. Today I decided to call a CSR and get my billing changed since VZW have now dropped the calling plans pricing down. She told me it would not change on my plan because I have a bundle with my bb data and what not. I went on the vzw website and added it all up and it would indeed knock 10 bucks off my bill enough. Just complete bs.
    01-28-10 02:54 PM
    ah that rep was stoooopid...
    01-28-10 03:56 PM
    ah that rep was stoooopid...
    thank you! I emailed vzw about the conflict, it will be resolved.
    01-28-10 04:01 PM
    You do know you can change your plans at the web site, you dont have to call in
    01-28-10 04:13 PM
    You do know you can change your plans at the web site, you dont have to call in
    Yes I do know that, but that is not going to change the price.
    I am keeping the same exact plan, I want the cheaper pricing that has gone into effect.
    01-28-10 04:26 PM
    if you cant change to the diff plan where it will save you the 10 dollars, the csr wont be able to either, all plans are at your web site
    01-28-10 04:43 PM
    I did break it but my problem is it's still w/in 30 days and I think they should have some sort of redress because I don't like the phone. If they would let me return the new phone I got through insurance then I wouldn't have an issue.
    Get the insurance replacement, and then sell the S2 and buy the phone you want at full retail You should be about to get 300-400 for a new or like new S2. And you may well get a brand new one. You can also try to swing a phone trade, have you checked out our Marketplace Forum?
    01-28-10 06:46 PM
    I wish the car dealership would have taken back the car that I wrecked 2 days after I got it, I did not much like that car and was thinking of getting another one before that tree jumped out in front of me!
    01-28-10 08:45 PM
    I wish the car dealership would have taken back the car that I wrecked 2 days after I got it, I did not much like that car and was thinking of getting another one before that tree jumped out in front of me!
    "whiney voice of a 2 year old" : but is the same car, and with in the waranty!!!

01-29-10 08:10 AM
    I emailed vzw around this time yesterday and let them know I was not happy that the CSR I spoke with could have changed the billing price on my account, but wouldn't.
    Yesterday after work I ended up stopping by a vzw store and got a sales rep to change it for me. I told him my situation and he was very understanding. He told me “actually it looks like you are going to be saving more than just 10 bucks”. He was a very helpful man.
    Today I received a called from a very sweet CSR lady. She told me she had gotten my email and it looks as if someone had already changed the pricing. I told her I ended up going by vzw yesterday and got a rep there to change it. She then told me that she was going to add 250 bonus minutes to my plan for 6 months and that my new pricing will be effective this month.
    VZW always amazes me.

Just wanted to share my story!
    01-29-10 03:36 PM
    I'm an Alltel customer in an AT&T divested market (montana). I have the blackberry pearl flip, but want to change over to the droid on VZ. I also do NOT want to be an AT&T customer for several reasons. Is there any way I can still change over to VZ without paying the disconnect fee's with Alltel ($200 per line I have 2 lines)?? If any VZ reps have any suggestions about if I can do this and if so, how, please chime in. Would do it tomorrow if there is a way.

Thanks!
    01-30-10 10:33 PM
    HEllo... My wife who Loves her BB for some years now was hurt during a camping trip. She suffered some burns.. she is now able to use the phone, however its a touch screen 9530. she loves it.. she wears custom fit gloves that do not react well to the touch screen. I want to get her a BB full key board. but not at high cost. Tour 1 or Curve. but what is the best way of finding a deal... i dont want to trick the system like the trade over and over... or insurance claim of BS/./.// anyway.

thanks for anyones help
    01-31-10 11:22 AM
    HEllo... My wife who Loves her BB for some years now was hurt during a camping trip. She suffered some burns.. she is now able to use the phone, however its a touch screen 9530. she loves it.. she wears custom fit gloves that do not react well to the touch screen. I want to get her a BB full key board. but not at high cost. Tour 1 or Curve. but what is the best way of finding a deal... i dont want to trick the system like the trade over and over... or insurance claim of BS/./.// anyway.

thanks for anyones help
    Sell the Storm and buy a used BB with a keyboard. This should hold her over till upgrade time

Hope the wife feels better soon
    01-31-10 07:19 PM
    If my sister buys an env3 full retail, would she be required to add a data plan to her line?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 12:19 PM
    yes. It doesn't matter how you get the phone, you'll still be required to add the 9.99 or 29.99 data package when you go to activate it
    02-01-10 12:45 PM
    yes. It doesn't matter how you get the phone, you'll still be required to add the 9.99 or 29.99 data package when you go to activate it
    Well that sucks. Verizon is crazy for pushing data plans on their customers. Thanks for the answer!
    02-01-10 02:54 PM
    Well that sucks. Verizon is crazy for pushing data plans on their customers. Thanks for the answer!
    Wow that's horrible to want a device that requires data cause it uses data. But take a look what all the carriers are doing its really bad. Oh wait they are doing the samething Tmo I think is the only hold out right now.
    02-01-10 04:45 PM
    I know none of the VZW folks on this thread had anything to do with the decision to require data plans on basically any phone with a QWERTY keyboard, but I do think it is short-sited and not customer friendly. I don't disagree that it will make money for VZW and "everyone else is doing it".

The one issue with the data plan on phones like the ENV3, etc. is a case like my daughter whose phone is blocked from all internet access so she doesn't inadvertently run up a huge $/MB charge playing around on her phone. She can text and call as much as she wants. So now, when she goes to get a new phone later this year, we'll have to sign up for a data plan. So either I let her go on the Internet in which case she could exceed the included limit with the $9.99 plan and rack up a large bill or I continue to block the Internet in which case I paying VZW for a data plan with no data usage.

Rgds/Mark M.
    02-01-10 05:43 PM
    I know none of the VZW folks on this thread had anything to do with the decision to require data plans on basically any phone with a QWERTY keyboard, but I do think it is short-sited and not customer friendly. I don't disagree that it will make money for VZW and "everyone else is doing it".

The one issue with the data plan on phones like the ENV3, etc. is a case like my daughter whose phone is blocked from all internet access so she doesn't inadvertently run up a huge $/MB charge playing around on her phone. She can text and call as much as she wants. So now, when she goes to get a new phone later this year, we'll have to sign up for a data plan. So either I let her go on the Internet in which case she could exceed the included limit with the $9.99 plan and rack up a large bill or I continue to block the Internet in which case I paying VZW for a data plan with no data usage.

Rgds/Mark M.
    Qwerty KB has nothing to with the requirement. There is one device VZW has called the Razzle that does not require data. As for the ENV3 (by the is this the ENV3 or Touch version your daughter has?) this is unique situation as it came out just before data requirements. So, if you have data blocked, it will stay that way until changes are made to that line of service, ie price plan change or deactivation and then reactivation.
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-01-10 at 05:54 PM.
    02-01-10 05:50 PM
    Qwerty KB has nothing to with the requirement. There is one device VZW has called the Razzle that does not require data. As for the ENV3 (by the is this the ENV3 or Touch version your daughter has?) this is unique situation as it came out just before data requirements. So, if you have data blocked, it will stay that way until changes are made to that line of service, ie price plan change or deactivation and then reactivation.
    Hey Lastraid -- thanks for the quick reply. Currently, she has the ENV2 with no data plan and no internet access. She's eligible for a new phone this summer, and I have a sneaking suspicion she's not going to want to stick with her "OLD" ENV2. :-) Of course, by then, many things could change, so we'll burn that bridge once she's eligible for an upgrade.

Rgds/Mark M.
    02-01-10 06:38 PM
    Wow that's horrible to want a device that requires data cause it uses data. But take a look what all the carriers are doing its really bad. Oh wait they are doing the samething Tmo I think is the only hold out right now.

How does an env3 use data if that feature is never used? So that's $9.99 for 24 months for a feature that will NEVER be used. All these carriers are doing is limiting the customer's choice of phone if they choose not to pay for a certain feature.

Att is worst for requiring messaging and/or data plans for some phones, but I'd be able to activate a phone without them automatically adding those features.
    02-01-10 06:59 PM
5,111 ... 169170171172173 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD