View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Chances are they will still offer you the deal, don't hurt to call and ask.
    01-24-10 09:09 PM
    First, thanks for doing this! It is nice to have someone to ask when the CS lines are closed! I have read so many conflicting answers and hope you have a straight answer for me. Are BBM messages counted as data or do they get billed as text messages? Also, sorry if you have answered this anywhere in this thread. I have been reading through lots of posts and got tired of the conflicting answers. Thanks for any help you can give!

Kat
    01-25-10 12:53 AM
    First, thanks for doing this! It is nice to have someone to ask when the CS lines are closed! I have read so many conflicting answers and hope you have a straight answer for me. Are BBM messages counted as data or do they get billed as text messages? Also, sorry if you have answered this anywhere in this thread. I have been reading through lots of posts and got tired of the conflicting answers. Thanks for any help you can give!

Kat
    BBM uses data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:02 AM
    [QUOTE=tsguy52;4554298]BBM uses data.

Thank you so much!

Kat
    01-25-10 01:06 AM
    Hopefully this is quick and also hasn't been asked/answered a dozen times.

What should I expect when having my phone reprovisioned from BIS to BES? I work for a large university, and until now they only allowed BES access to customers of a local wireless company. We've been using AstraSync for Calendar/Contacts, and BIS for email.

I know the data plan will increase from $30 to $50 (I think), but what else should I expect and tell others in my organization?
    01-26-10 03:41 PM
    Hopefully this is quick and also hasn't been asked/answered a dozen times.

What should I expect when having my phone reprovisioned from BIS to BES? I work for a large university, and until now they only allowed BES access to customers of a local wireless company. We've been using AstraSync for Calendar/Contacts, and BIS for email.

I know the data plan will increase from $30 to $50 (I think), but what else should I expect and tell others in my organization?
    The data plan for BES is 44.99, unless you get some kinda of corp discount. Switching means you will be able to sync wirelessly, as well as get your email from the university. If they allow it, you can also personal email via the BIS

The otherside is, the IT dept can monitor, control, limit, your device based on their needs. This is call an IT policy and they can set many or none at all.
    01-26-10 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the info on the BES pricing. Knowing how the IT works with this university, they will only enforce policy on university-purchased units.

I'd still like to know what to expect when getting the provisioning switched. Does it have to be in person at a corporate store, or can it be done OTA after calling tech support? And how long does it usually take?
    Last edited by bark8015; 01-26-10 at 04:19 PM.
    01-26-10 04:16 PM
    Getting changed over to BES can be done the phone or you can do through your my verzion account at Cell Phones,Smartphones,Mobile Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless . Once you change the data plan, tell your IT and they can tell you how to run the enterprise activation. If you call in, it takes about 1 minute to change it over. You will wait longer getting to a rep
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-26-10 at 06:57 PM.
    01-26-10 04:55 PM
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was looking for.
    01-26-10 06:03 PM
    For any Verizon Rep/Tech . . .

I have a work issued Tour that is on a BES. However, due to the BES security policy, I can not sync with one site (HandyLogs) that i use to track some medical info. I was, however, able to sync to the site prior to performing the Enterprise Activation, so I know the site works.

Is there a way to temporarily drop a BES, and then re-activating it, without needing to go through the entire activation process. For me, that means getting my IT folks involved. They are good about it, but I would rather not bother them if I can help it.

Thanks
    01-27-10 10:04 AM
    For VZW person:

TBH, I'm livid. I upgraded my phone to the storm 2 thinking after playing with my sister's for awhile and thought I would like it. I hate it. I was planning on returning it this weekend but it fell out of my pocket today and cracked the screen (which is ridiculous w/in itself, my curve was tank). I'm within my 30 days but VZW is telling me that the only option I have is to do an insurance claim (shouldn't this be under warranty????) and be stuck with the phone for two years. Please please tell me I have some other option, I really do not want to have this phone anymore but not have to pay retail for a new device.
    01-27-10 11:06 AM
    Also, why can't I get an insurance phone and then return that one w/in 30 days?
    01-27-10 11:28 AM
    For VZW person:

TBH, I'm livid. I upgraded my phone to the storm 2 thinking after playing with my sister's for awhile and thought I would like it. I hate it. I was planning on returning it this weekend but it fell out of my pocket today and cracked the screen (which is ridiculous w/in itself, my curve was tank). I'm within my 30 days but VZW is telling me that the only option I have is to do an insurance claim (shouldn't this be under warranty????) and be stuck with the phone for two years. Please please tell me I have some other option, I really do not want to have this phone anymore but not have to pay retail for a new device.
    physical damage to the device will void the 30 day worry free guarantee, and will also rule out the manufacturer's 1 year warranty. they are correct in telling you that you will need to contact insurance
    Last edited by pkcable; 01-28-10 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spell check ;)
    01-27-10 11:28 AM
    For any Verizon Rep/Tech . . .

I have a work issued Tour that is on a BES. However, due to the BES security policy, I can not sync with one site (HandyLogs) that i use to track some medical info. I was, however, able to sync to the site prior to performing the Enterprise Activation, so I know the site works.

Is there a way to temporarily drop a BES, and then re-activating it, without needing to go through the entire activation process. For me, that means getting my IT folks involved. They are good about it, but I would rather not bother them if I can help it.

Thanks
    drop-ping the bes will not be your best bet, and can cause issues in the long run, and may not even work if the it policy is still inplace on your device. your best option is to contact you it personel, and have them add that site/service.
    01-27-10 11:30 AM
    physical damage to the devie will void the 30 day worry free guarantee, and will also rule out the manufactureres 1 year warantee. they are correct in telling you that you will need to contact insurence
    This is ludicrous! It was a simple accident, where it barely fell (which should account for the POS **** that it is) and now I'm stuck with it? This is ridiculous, I'm a grad student who doesn't have endless supplies of money. How is there no other way around this?
    01-27-10 11:36 AM
    This is ludicrous! It was a simple accident, where it barely fell (which should account for the POS **** that it is) and now I'm stuck with it? This is ridiculous, I'm a grad student who doesn't have endless supplies of money. How is there no other way around this?
    no one that i know has endless supplies of money....... nor do most people. you bought the device, signed the contract for the purchase of that device, and now the device is broken, which voids the warranty. regardless of why you wanted to return it, it has physical damage. if the roles were reversed, would you do it?
    01-27-10 11:45 AM
    So you think its ok that they would except a damaged phone? If it was an accident, that's what insurance is for.
    01-27-10 11:45 AM
    So you think its ok that they would except a damaged phone? If it was an accident, that's what insurance is for.
    but they wont accept the replacement phone, which is the exact same phone and it will still be w/in 30 days, im sorry but thats crazy.
    01-27-10 11:58 AM
    I have a question. I'm one of the Alltel/Verizon customers that was switched over but i decided to keep my Alltel plan due to the extras I receive. I have my main line and 2 other lines which are mainly for emergency use on the plan. I wanted to switch my main line to the new Tour and was told i could get a VZW Tour and just add the BB service to that line even though the plan is still an Alltel plan. Will all the features of a VZW tour work with my plan by just adding the BB Data package? VZW said i could keep my plan and just pay the $30 data feature. They agreed that by me switching to a VZW plan i would pay more and lose half my minutes. They did tell me that if i bought a Alltel BB that if I ever switched to a VZW plan in the future that the Alltel BB will not receive all the updates, all the features may not work as well as the data plan for the Alltel one would be $44 vs $30.

Was I told correct that I can get a VZW tour and all features will work without any problems on my plan just by adding the BB data package for my main line? Thank you for any help you can provide.
    Last edited by Cobray; 01-27-10 at 12:09 PM.
    01-27-10 12:00 PM
    why is my bbm for my storm 2 only allowing me to receive messages but not send them
    01-27-10 12:12 PM
    What a tool. this is what wrong with kids today, you broke it you live with it or call the ins company,
    01-27-10 12:38 PM
    I have a question. I'm one of the Alltel/Verizon customers that was switched over but i decided to keep my Alltel plan due to the extras I receive. I have my main line and 2 other lines which are mainly for emergency use on the plan. I wanted to switch my main line to the new Tour and was told i could get a VZW Tour and just add the BB service to that line even though the plan is still an Alltel plan. Will all the features of a VZW tour work with my plan by just adding the BB Data package? VZW said i could keep my plan and just pay the $30 data feature. They agreed that by me switching to a VZW plan i would pay more and lose half my minutes. They did tell me that if i bought a Alltel BB that if I ever switched to a VZW plan in the future that the Alltel BB will not receive all the updates, all the features may not work as well as the data plan for the Alltel one would be $44 vs $30.

Was I told correct that I can get a VZW tour and all features will work without any problems on my plan just by adding the BB data package for my main line? Thank you for any help you can provide.
    i believe that this is true, to be honest, i only took alltel calls for a week (that was more than long enough) and i do remember have vzw bb devices on the alltel plans....... whether or not the plan had the vzw data package, i dont remember, but it sounds right...... you could call 1800.922.0204, and speak with csr about it.
    01-27-10 01:35 PM
    why is my bbm for my storm 2 only allowing me to receive messages but not send them
    gonna need some more info...... are you able to browse the web, send emails......
    01-27-10 01:36 PM
    Thanks, i appreciate that. It was a CSR i spoke with and i called twice and got the same infor but previously i was getting yes/no's from diff reps so thought i would verify from someone on here who may be more likely to tell me the truth. Been looking for a used Tour to use and add until the new Tour2 comes out. Also is it possible to get my contacts from a regular phone over to a BB?
    01-27-10 02:44 PM
    I need to know how I can get my blackberry storm 9530 unlocked? I don't have service with VZW anymore and it's been that way for about half a year now so any help is well appreciated.
    01-27-10 06:18 PM
5,111 ... 168169170171172 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD