View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Any reps know when tracking numbers are emailed?

I was able to do my upgrade to a droid last night, but it was after 4:30pm eastern, so was told would ship today and arrive monday. I got the order email last night, but no tracking number yet from fedex, does it usually take until later in the evening for it to be emailed?
    If they chose the option to have it sent to you, you should receive it the day that the FedEx number is processed on the account. But there is no set time of day that happens.
    01-15-10 08:09 PM
    I was Alltel and of course am Verizon now. We renewed our Alltel contract for two years in 04/09. We have one smart/data and one dumb.
    I am thinking of changing over to a new all Verizon plan with two smart/data phones (dropping the dumb phone, or maybe is better to say upgrading the dumb to a data plan).

I'm willing to pay for one new phone, but really would like to keep using the Alltel BB. Is it possible to use the old phone on a new Verizon plan? Reckon if I have to buy two new phones, I have to. Be nice to save some money though.

I would also like to know if I switch to the Verizon plan, can I do this with a one year contract as I'm coming from a two year Alltel? I never want a two year plan again. A new contract/phone every year sounds great to me with these devices coming out so quick now.

Thank you in advance. I appreciate your time in here.
    01-16-10 02:07 AM
    I have searched and can't find any mention of this, didn't want to start a new thread, thought this might be a good place to ask.

In the BGR story, the first picture (2010 plan changes), lists Inactive Plans, the last one being GlobalEmail Plans (consumer).

(sorry can't post links yet)

Does this mean the GlobalEmail plans are going away? If so, if I have it as an active feature when things change will I be able to keep it? I have been activating it and deactivating it as needed.

Thanks!
    01-16-10 07:10 AM
    I was Alltel and of course am Verizon now. We renewed our Alltel contract for two years in 04/09. We have one smart/data and one dumb.
    I am thinking of changing over to a new all Verizon plan with two smart/data phones (dropping the dumb phone, or maybe is better to say upgrading the dumb to a data plan).

I'm willing to pay for one new phone, but really would like to keep using the Alltel BB. Is it possible to use the old phone on a new Verizon plan? Reckon if I have to buy two new phones, I have to. Be nice to save some money though.

I would also like to know if I switch to the Verizon plan, can I do this with a one year contract as I'm coming from a two year Alltel? I never want a two year plan again. A new contract/phone every year sounds great to me with these devices coming out so quick now.

You would not be able to add a Alltel phone to a VZW plan so you would need to get new phones. Or you can keep your device and plan and just upgrade your regular phone if it's eligible.
    01-16-10 09:25 AM
    Can I remove a Blackberry plan from my Verizon account and keep the phone number active? I was provided a BB from my work and would like to drop my service from Verizon but keep the phone number active and forward my Verizon number to my new AT&T BB Bold. Thanks for the help.
    01-17-10 11:13 AM
    Can I remove a Blackberry plan from my Verizon account and keep the phone number active? I was provided a BB from my work and would like to drop my service from Verizon but keep the phone number active and forward my Verizon number to my new AT&T BB Bold. Thanks for the help.
    Yes as long as you activate a basic phone on the account. You will still be charged voice minutes while forwarding is set up. So a 10 min forwarded call goes 10 min against your VZW calling plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-10 11:20 AM
    The other alternative is to close the Verizon account and port the phone number to AT&T.
    01-17-10 11:45 AM

Why don't you just move to a National Freedom plan? I think they can still do that and just you can add the Blackberry feature for $29.99.
    01-18-10 03:02 AM
    I will be upgrading my phone on Monday of next week (my last $100 NE2 date so I figured I would wait) and adding a new line. My phone will be the Droid and the new line will be a Droid Eris (even if the promotion ends). My issue is I need to port a number from At&t to the new secondary line and I don't want to go into a store because I don't want to deal with Mail In Rebates.

I know the online store offers instant rebates but I don't think you can port the number that way. My questions are:

If I call a sales rep to handle this over the phone are the rebates instant?
    If Not
    Can I order the phones through the online store and then call/go to a store to have the number ported after I receive the phones?

What is my best option? If I have to go to a store I can and will but I hate Mail in Rebates and avoid them whenever possible.
    01-18-10 01:07 PM
    I was on phonescoop.com comparing the Storm1 that I already have to the new Storm2. In a side by side I see that the Storm2 does not have IM on it. Does that mean no BBM, no Yahoo and no AIM messengers?
    01-19-10 10:52 AM
    I purchased my storm in Feb 08 and am currently on my 2nd or 3rd unit. For the past 2 months, the slightest bump or shock of any type will restart my phone. It's so bad now to the point that it is unusable. Will verizon swap my storm out for another unit instore since I have been having this issue?
    01-20-10 03:15 AM
    I purchased my storm in Feb 08 and am currently on my 2nd or 3rd unit. For the past 2 months, the slightest bump or shock of any type will restart my phone. It's so bad now to the point that it is unusable. Will verizon swap my storm out for another unit instore since I have been having this issue?
    Its still under warranty until next month so sure, they'll swap it out for another Storm. They might have to ship it to you though.

01-20-10 08:28 AM
    I was on phonescoop.com comparing the Storm1 that I already have to the new Storm2. In a side by side I see that the Storm2 does not have IM on it. Does that mean no BBM, no Yahoo and no AIM messengers?
    It has all three.. phone scoop is wrong
    01-22-10 12:47 AM
    As I understand this, A VZW rep. doesn't make any money (commission) when an Alltel customer keeps their plan (signs for another 2 years) and just buys a device. Whether it's a VZW plan or Alltel plan the rep. is locking me in a 2 year contract so the way i see it they should be making money.

I guess it's a way for big red to make the rep. pressure the customer more for a VZW plan. T
    01-22-10 03:28 PM
    If I switch to the Tour from my Droid using *228, will my phone insurance be dropped? Also, is it true that this can only be done 3 times in a month?

01-22-10 04:06 PM
    Ins will not be dropped. There is a limit to the amount of changes yes. Not 100 percent of this number

01-22-10 04:31 PM
    Ins will not be dropped. There is a limit to the amount of changes yes. Not 100 percent of this number

Would I have to call or go online to switch over to a bis plan or is that done automatically?
    01-22-10 05:30 PM
    When you switch back and forth, there is a chance theat a BIS account could get suspended. You would need to call to this unsuspended. To create one and maintain it, you can go to BlackBerry Internet Service Droid will not use a BIS account
    01-22-10 05:48 PM
    When you switch back and forth, there is a chance theat a BIS account could get suspended. You would need to call to this unsuspended. To create one and maintain it, you can go to BlackBerry Internet Service Droid will not use a BIS account
    Great. Thanks for the info!
    01-22-10 05:52 PM
    I currently have the Nationwide FamilyShare plan basic with 700 min. and 4 lines.

I have two (2) 250 text allotments and one (1) 500 + unlimited mobile to mobile messaging on one.

Two phones have BIS.

Would I save any money by upgrading to the Select plan which offers unlimited texting?

I also have a 20% discount through my employer.
    01-23-10 10:15 AM
    I currently have the Nationwide FamilyShare plan basic with 700 min. and 4 lines.

I have two (2) 250 text allotments and one (1) 500 + unlimited mobile to mobile messaging on one.

Two phones have BIS.

Would I save any money by upgrading to the Select plan which offers unlimited texting?

I also have a 20% discount through my employer.
    If I did my math correctly, if you go to the talk and text plan same minutes for all your lines, it would be about $5 more a month, but all lines would have unlim text and pix to anyone on any network.

Select plans no longer exist, but the new plans the pricing is pretty much the same.

You can check here
    01-23-10 10:54 AM
    I will be upgrading my phone on Monday of next week (my last $100 NE2 date so I figured I would wait) and adding a new line. My phone will be the Droid and the new line will be a Droid Eris (even if the promotion ends). My issue is I need to port a number from At&t to the new secondary line and I don't want to go into a store because I don't want to deal with Mail In Rebates.

I know the online store offers instant rebates but I don't think you can port the number that way. My questions are:

If I call a sales rep to handle this over the phone are the rebates instant?
    If Not
    Can I order the phones through the online store and then call/go to a store to have the number ported after I receive the phones?

What is my best option? If I have to go to a store I can and will but I hate Mail in Rebates and avoid them whenever possible.
    Do an additional line on myverizon and once you get the phone, call in to have the ATT phoen number ported over the new existing number you just created. I'm not sure if you can get the BOGO to process right while doing it online but you can probably call in or something to have them manually honor the BOGO as a credit on your account. I know the add a line online will do the instant rebates, but unsure if it will offer the bogo option after you pick a phone like it will when you have two existing lines.
    01-23-10 10:25 PM
    Hey Verizon team -- this is a huge service you all provide by being willing to take our questions here. Thank you.

I have a question about my NE2. I'm eligible now, but seem to recall that 2 years ago, in addition to the NE2 discount, I also got a coupon in the mail over and above that. It came some time after I became eligible for the NE2. Does that sound right and is it the normal thing? I'm trying to determine if I should just go get my new BB now or wait to see if I get a coupon. (I appreciate the 100 off, but would REALLY appreciate $150 off! :-)

Also, is there any pre-determined time period on how long the $100 off is good for? The mailing just said "for a limited time".

Rgds/Mark M.
    01-24-10 02:14 PM
    Until 2/14.

OK. I got the mailer (email) telling me of an early upgrade in late December with a date of 1/17 as the cutoff. They were offering the 8530 or the 9630 at that time for $29 and $49 at that time (after rebate). I never acted on that because I was put on assignment and to tell the truth forgot about it. Is this over or did they extend this? My wife is going to move to the family plan with my son and I from AT&T and port her number. That offer said I could get a free phone and the LG Envy 3 was possible? Is this true if the offer still exists?

Thanks.
    01-24-10 04:31 PM
    Hey Verizon team -- this is a huge service you all provide by being willing to take our questions here. Thank you.

I have a question about my NE2. I'm eligible now, but seem to recall that 2 years ago, in addition to the NE2 discount, I also got a coupon in the mail over and above that. It came some time after I became eligible for the NE2. Does that sound right and is it the normal thing? I'm trying to determine if I should just go get my new BB now or wait to see if I get a coupon. (I appreciate the 100 off, but would REALLY appreciate $150 off! :-)

Also, is there any pre-determined time period on how long the $100 off is good for? The mailing just said "for a limited time".

Rgds/Mark M.
    I haven't heard of both (unless the extra $50 was a mail in rebate) the $100 NE2 is the most you'll get.
    01-24-10 04:48 PM
5,111 ... 167168169170171 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD