View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    No ETF at all, because you not breaking the agreement, your accepting a new contract. You would be given upgrade pricing if ANY of your lines quality for an upgrade. And you will need VZW phones on a VZW plan. I would call and get the rest of the details, since I can not see your plan, no one hear can make the best recommendation for you. Hope that helps.
    01-06-10 11:40 PM
    Thank you for your help! Nice to have guys like you around
    01-06-10 11:44 PM
    Does any one know when Verizon is taking over Alltel in Cadillac mi.? I got a letter a while back and it said the end of October than i got another letter saying there was going to be a delay in the switch over.
    01-07-10 06:20 AM
    Thats weird. All markets have been converted already. Unless I missed some news....
    01-07-10 10:34 AM
    Nation Wide conversion is DONE......thank GOD
    01-07-10 12:28 PM
    I am going to be out of the country for about 5 months this year. Is it possible for me to suspend my service temporarily? I am getting ready to renew my contract with a NE2 phone upgrade but if this is going to lock me into a situation where I can't suspend my account for a while, I may just wait until I get back. Tried to find the info on the VZW site to no avail.
    01-07-10 09:30 PM
    I am going to be out of the country for about 5 months this year. Is it possible for me to suspend my service temporarily? I am getting ready to renew my contract with a NE2 phone upgrade but if this is going to lock me into a situation where I can't suspend my account for a while, I may just wait until I get back. Tried to find the info on the VZW site to no avail.
    Is this for a military deployment?
    01-07-10 09:40 PM
    Yes you can. If it is Military like Lastraid asked, you can suspend with no fee.

If it is a voluntary suspend without billing you can suspend 3 months at a time, 2 times, for 15.00 each time.

You can upgrade before or after. Keep in mind that your contract extends the length of the suspension. (ex. suspend for 5 months and contact ends 03/2010 it will extend to 08/10.)
    01-07-10 11:28 PM
    Verizon has been the best service ive had
    01-08-10 12:08 AM
    So I just called to get an FRU on one of my Storm's because the hard keys are not working reliably and I asked if I was eligible for the FRU to new and the rep played dumb and said their was no such thing and that the only way I could change to a different phone was after 20 months in to my contract....I told her that VZW has a policy where the allow you to change phones if you have a certain amount of issues over a period of time and she continued to say their is no such policy.

I asked if they did away with it and she said they never had it.
    01-08-10 11:04 AM
    Because unless its offered to you, its a secret to keep people from abusing it (cough *Old C* sneeze)
    01-08-10 11:09 AM
    So I just called to get an FRU on one of my Storm's because the hard keys are not working reliably and I asked if I was eligible for the FRU to new and the rep played dumb and said their was no such thing and that the only way I could change to a different phone was after 20 months in to my contract....I told her that VZW has a policy where the allow you to change phones if you have a certain amount of issues over a period of time and she continued to say their is no such policy.

I asked if they did away with it and she said they never had it.
    Telling someone you know about such and such policy just makes you sound like you want a free upgrade. Get a regular fru and be done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 11:10 AM
    Telling someone you know about such and such policy just makes you sound like you want a free upgrade. Get a regular fru and be done with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well actually the last time I had to replace my phone they told me I was eligible if I had an issue with the replacement they were sending. I was actually calling to see if was eligible for the early upgrade promotions some people were getting but apparently I am not as valued a customer as those people are.

This phone was actually my wifes (not mine but same account) and is only I think the second time she has had to replace it.

I told the girl this, that my phone was working fine and I just wanted to see what the deal was. I am getting a regular FRU and I am done with it.

Funny thing is one time she was getting a replacements and I actually used that one to replace my phone because her issue went away and I had a button go out on mine.....if I wouldn't have done that and instead got a replacement for my phone I would have been eligible and probably have a Storm 2 right now.

I will not lie or try and hussle my way to a new phone.....
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 01-08-10 at 12:21 PM.
    01-08-10 12:17 PM
    Can transferring a number from At&t to Verizon be done over the phone with a CS rep or something, or must it be done in a store? My brother is planning on joining Verizon but does want to keep the same phone number and the local store is pretty far for him. Just thought I may be able to find out and save him a trip.
    01-08-10 01:25 PM
    Can transferring a number from At&t to Verizon be done over the phone with a CS rep or something, or must it be done in a store? My brother is planning on joining Verizon but does want to keep the same phone number and the local store is pretty far for him. Just thought I may be able to find out and save him a trip.
    It can be done over the phone. He would need to have an account with VZW, this can be done through telesales. Once this is done they can also start the port process.
    01-08-10 01:37 PM
    Thank you for the info lastraid. I will pass it along.
    01-08-10 01:57 PM
    Yes you can. If it is Military like Lastraid asked, you can suspend with no fee.

If it is a voluntary suspend without billing you can suspend 3 months at a time, 2 times, for 15.00 each time.

You can upgrade before or after. Keep in mind that your contract extends the length of the suspension. (ex. suspend for 5 months and contact ends 03/2010 it will extend to 08/10.)
    Not for military. Going on a little trip around the world. I can swing paying a little bit and I don't mind extending my contract, since I've been with VZW forever. I just know I won't be here and really don't want to spend money on my phone if I'm not going to be here. Thanks for the help!
    01-08-10 11:55 PM
    Hello, I was with Alltel and now with the merger I am a VZW customer. I currently have the 8830 world edition and am due to upgrade. I am looking at the 8530 curve or the 9630 tour. I don't travel out of the USA and the camera function on the 8530 will be fine for my needs. Its there another reason to spend the extra money for the 9630 or will it run just as fast and well as the 8530? Thanks for any help.

Jim
    01-09-10 06:39 PM
    Hello, I was with Alltel and now with the merger I am a VZW customer. I currently have the 8830 world edition and am due to upgrade. I am looking at the 8530 curve or the 9630 tour. I don't travel out of the USA and the camera function on the 8530 will be fine for my needs. Its there another reason to spend the extra money for the 9630 or will it run just as fast and well as the 8530? Thanks for any help.

Jim
    Peraonal choice. Yes you get international with the tour as well a better mega pix camera. The Curve 2 has WI-FI, but no flash for the camera. Also the keyboards are a bit differnet. The tour is more like the 8830.

Tour still has a trackball and the curve2 has a track pad.
    01-09-10 06:43 PM
    Hello lastraid,

Thanks so much for your help, I think I'll probably go with the curve.
    01-09-10 06:51 PM
    Hello lastraid,

Thanks so much for your help, I think I'll probably go with the curve.
    You are welcome. Also curve2 comes in black and smoky purple
    01-09-10 06:56 PM
    My early upgrade coupon is to expire on 1/31/10. I am waiting on the Essex. Supposing it comes out in February.
    Question: How could I get the phone within the upgrade?

• Buy a Tour1 before 1/31/10 and return it within 30 days to buy the Tour2?

• Ask for an extension on the early upgrade?

• Another option?
    01-10-10 12:53 PM
    ok so i have been with verizon for about 1 yr now. I originally signed up with the storm1. I paid the 199.99 price for the 2yr and within the first 32 days i had gone through 3 phones, after the third one broke, they asked if i would like to change to another phone so i decided to get the curve because the screen on the storm was being my biggest problem. Verizon sent me the curve and have had it for about 11 months now and got the jvm error 102 code and lost all my contacts because i didn't back the contacts up on desktop manager. so after that i have a new curve they sent me because the new software update didn't work. I keep losing the browser icon on this new curve and this past year with 6 phones is kind of upsetting me. I called in to see if i could upgrade early and sign a new 2yr because i got one of those emails for the storm 2 or droid, I call in today and they said that it was a blanket email and i do not qualify.??. WTF.

What should i do from here.
    01-10-10 09:43 PM
    ok so i have been with verizon for about 1 yr now. I originally signed up with the storm1. I paid the 199.99 price for the 2yr and within the first 32 days i had gone through 3 phones, after the third one broke, they asked if i would like to change to another phone so i decided to get the curve because the screen on the storm was being my biggest problem. Verizon sent me the curve and have had it for about 11 months now and got the jvm error 102 code and lost all my contacts because i didn't back the contacts up on desktop manager. so after that i have a new curve they sent me because the new software update didn't work. I keep losing the browser icon on this new curve and this past year with 6 phones is kind of upsetting me. I called in to see if i could upgrade early and sign a new 2yr because i got one of those emails for the storm 2 or droid, I call in today and they said that it was a blanket email and i do not qualify.??. WTF.

What should i do from here.
    Did you talk with a supervisor?
    01-11-10 02:59 AM
    My early upgrade coupon is to expire on 1/31/10. I am waiting on the Essex. Supposing it comes out in February.
    Question: How could I get the phone within the upgrade?

• Buy a Tour1 before 1/31/10 and return it within 30 days to buy the Tour2?

• Ask for an extension on the early upgrade?

• Another option?
    If it was a special offer coupon/email/mailer, it had to be used by the date shown or it will expire. And for the devices shown.
    01-11-10 05:14 PM
5,111 ... 165166167168169 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD