View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Whatever time zone your phone is in. I moved to KY from IN three years ago but I keep my phone numbers the way they were in IN because A, I have had my number for a looooooong time and B, so that family and friends from back home can still call me for free.

I am not a VZW rep so we will wait for verification....but I am pretty sure it goes by the time on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 09:27 PM
    YEs, nights and weekends are applicable to the phones location.
    01-01-10 09:35 PM
    if it is time for your upgrade you can get the curve. If you have problems with the pearl you can have it checked out with a tech they have to be able to duplicate the problem and if they do, they will replace it for you with another pearl. Technically you have to have 3 replacement phones before they can offer you another model (s) to replace your current phone if you are not entitled to your upgrade yet.

If that doesn't work for you then you could consider adding a 3rd line but you will still have to pay for the current line till contract is up. I have seen people do this a lot especially when they can't get a phone replaced. And then to keep your number you would then make a "switch" on the phone numbers.

Personally I did just that only used my wireless number to get a phone because I had issues with the phone not staying in service when I placed a call. If there is a will there is away. HA !

there are some ideas for you good luck
    01-01-10 09:53 PM
    Ok...about the phones location thing...

I have my phone set to not change timezones...

I live in a town that is on EST...but when I look at the network time on my phone it's on central time...

So when I make a call...what time will it register it as?...

01-01-10 10:00 PM
    Based on location. Time zone needs to be changed Manually on a BB. Rumor has it that auto time zone change will be in 5.0. Now you are hitting a tower in EST, not central. Therefore your call be logged from where you are not the time zone on your phone.
    01-01-10 10:05 PM
    Based on location. Time zone needs to be changed Manually on a BB. Rumor has it that auto time zone change will be in 5.0. Now you are hitting a tower in EST, not central. Therefore your call be logged from where you are not the time zone on your phone.
    So to get this staight...

Let's say for instance right now it says is 10pm on my phone...but...when I go to date/time it's says 9pm on network time...that if I made a call now...it would be registered at 10pm?...

Correct?...

Or vise-versa?...

01-01-10 10:11 PM
    So to get this staight...

Let's say for instance right now it says is 10pm on my phone...but...when I go to date/time it's says 9pm on network time...that if I made a call now...it would be registered at 10pm?...

Correct?...

Or vise-versa?...

Yes the call will register in your location, not the time on the phone. If this were the case and I was in an area and it was say 8:30 PST and I changed the time zone to est that would make the phone say 11:30 EST. I am off a tower on the west coast, the call would go against peak minutes. Time on the device - not applicable.
    01-01-10 10:15 PM
    Yes the call will register in your location, not the time on the phone. If this were the case and I was in an area and it was say 8:30 PST and I changed the time zone to est that would make the phone say 11:30 EST. I am off a tower on the west coast, the call would go against peak minutes. Time on the device - not applicable.
    Gotcha...

So the network time is what applies...

Correct?...

Thanks...

01-01-10 10:18 PM
    Gotcha...

So the network time is what applies...

Correct?...

Thanks...

Yes network trumps time on the device
    01-01-10 10:22 PM
    Cool, thanks, y'all.
    01-01-10 10:53 PM
    do you think Verizon will every carry over minutes like at&t does? would be cool and a slap in at&t's face if they did.
    01-02-10 12:26 AM
    do you think Verizon will every carry over minutes like at&t does? would be cool and a slap in at&t's face if they did.
    You mean the roll-over stuff... I highly doubt it.
    01-02-10 07:54 AM
    I have a Storm2 that is 2 months old. I knocked it off my desk at work, and cracked the screen. Can i get it replaced under Verizon's Total Equipment Warrenty, or do i need to put a claim through Asurion and use the insurance.
    01-02-10 06:04 PM
    You can replace under insurance or under warranty for 50 dollars. A cracked screen wil not allow you a free replacement.
    01-02-10 09:31 PM
    Just left two weeks ago and wanted to go back due to crappy voice quality on At&t. If I go back, will the Win back department give me a discount on a new phone? Has anybody ever done this, please share your feedback on the matter. Thanks,
    01-03-10 01:58 PM
    There are certain promotions winback may offer. They're a special department so the promotion they offer you a CSR not dealing with your account would not know.
    01-03-10 05:07 PM
    Big question!. Account holde rhas EN TOUCH grandfathered in without dat aplan.. Ok now the account holder went and upgraded to a Storm2 (even thou it was for me 2nd line) we got it done at Best Buy. But anyway the rep upgraded the phone then switched ESN's on the phone, so that it would be under my line wich is the
    2nd account and the account holder stayed with the Env Touch.

Now this all happen within 5minss...

My question is, now they are charging the account holder for a data plan on the ENV touch, Verizon Customer service stated that the account holder lost the grandfatherness once they upgraded even though it was 1. going to be a esn swtich. 2nd. it only took 5min..

Basically they upgraded so that i could get the storm 2..

Is that the rules or is there anyway they can be grandfathered back in or is the account holder AOL.. I really dont think its fair if you ask me
    01-03-10 05:38 PM
    You are grandfathered in till a device change or account change is done. Time it takes to do this is irrelevant. Once the change is done, there is no return. Sorry.
    01-03-10 05:42 PM
    quick ? if anyone can help.. I bought off a guy a bb that he had as an extra since he got the buy one get one dealio.. I bought it from him it was never activated under his account so now I can not activate it to my account.. anyway to get it clear so i can activate it or i just have to hope he will acitvate it than cancel it?? confused please help thanks!!!!!!!!
    01-03-10 07:01 PM
    This device would have had to been activated someplace. The only way to get bogo is to have line available for upgrade as well. The reason for this is that the device has to be activate within 30 days or that account will be charged back the for the full amount. If it has not been 30 days, then it is locked to the line that it sould be activated on.

If this is the case, they guy will have to activate on that line, then swtich the device back the original device. Then the device will be clear for you
    Last edited by lastraid; 01-03-10 at 07:12 PM.
    01-03-10 07:10 PM
    Would a Verizon store price-match an on-line vendor for a phone? I asked at a store and was told they would not do it. I spoke with someone else who asked the same question and Verizon honored the 3rd party price.
    01-04-10 01:03 AM
    Would a Verizon store price-match an on-line vendor for a phone? I asked at a store and was told they would not do it. I spoke with someone else who asked the same question and Verizon honored the 3rd party price.
    No, the do not honor pricing for 3rd-party vendors.
    01-04-10 01:07 AM
    Question: I'm a former Alltel customer now VZW customer. Which customer service agreement am under? I'm assuming the Alltel one. However, there is a catch. The second line on my account was switched to a VZW device because of service problems after the switch. Could I possibly be bound by two dfferent agreements?

01-04-10 07:42 PM
    Question: I'm a former Alltel customer now VZW customer. Which customer service agreement am under? I'm assuming the Alltel one. However, there is a catch. The second line on my account was switched to a VZW device because of service problems after the switch. Could I possibly be bound by two dfferent agreements?

Did you change price plan and sign a contract with VZW?
    01-04-10 07:47 PM
    The only thing that changed on the plan was the texting add-on. The svc rep said the phone didn't support the current one we had. The main part of the plan is the same. (Don't know if it matters but it was a curve for curve swap)

01-04-10 08:17 PM
5,111 ... 163164165166167 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD