View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I thought you said you couldn't deal with it after Janaury 3rd? Which part of the story is a lie now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Im going back to school and really dont want to deal with it once at school but the CS woman explained that early upgrades cant be pushed up unless within 30 days of the actual date, all I knew about the upgrade prior to this call was that it took place in February ... no lies here.
    12-23-09 12:45 AM
    Ok...just signed up with Verizon a couple of weeks ago and want to confirm something here also...

I will be in Verizon's Extended Network almost 100% of the time, This will not cause any problems will it?...

Like I don't have to have so much of a percentage of my usage done in the Verizon's network?...

Just making sure since I just payed the ETF to get out of my old provider...would hate to get a letter somewhere down the road stating I have to be in their network...
    Last edited by idntknw; 12-24-09 at 05:05 PM.
    12-24-09 08:58 AM
    Ok...just signed up with Verizon a couple of weeks ago and want to confirm something here also...

I will be in Verizon's Extended Network almost 100% of the time, This will not cause any problems will it?...

Like I don't have to have so much of a percentage of my usage done in the Verizon's network?...

Just making sure since I just payed the ETF to get out of my old provider...would hate to get a letter somewhere down the road stating I have to be in there network...
    DEpends on who's towers you a roaming off of. Also updating the roaming/tower info will not be able to be done. This must be done within the VZW coverage area.
    12-24-09 04:42 PM
    DEpends on who's towers you a roaming off of. Also updating the roaming/tower info will not be able to be done. This must be done within the VZW coverage area.
    I'm roaming off a small carrier in my area...

Every rep I have talked to in store and on the phone said there will be no problems...

I hope not...

Thanks for the reply

12-24-09 05:08 PM
    Hey VZW rep. What tips/information should I worry about when going to talk with verizon about pulling my number and going to another carrier? I'm currently on a family plan (not the main number) and getting sick of verizon's heavy handedness with the S2 stuff. The other family members are going to stay with VZW. Since we are not canceling the account, just technically taking off 1 line will I still need to pay a cancelation fee or anything like that?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tindjin; 12-28-09 at 01:03 AM.
    12-28-09 01:01 AM
    Hey VZW rep. What tips/information should I worry about when going to talk with verizon about pulling my number and going to another carrier? I'm currently on a family plan (not the main number) and getting sick of verizon's heavy handedness with the S2 stuff. The other family members are going to stay with VZW. Since we are not canceling the account, just technically taking off 1 line will I still need to pay a cancelation fee or anything like that?

Thanks.
    If your line is under contract you will have an ETF. It will not otherwise affect the account.
    12-28-09 01:13 AM
    If your line is under contract you will have an ETF. It will not otherwise affect the account.
    Holy ****.. so I'll have to either wait until the main contract is up (making sure no one does the upgrade and renews the contract) or pay the VZW mental $350 ETF even if the rest are keeping the contract going?

I might stop in this week at the corporate store and talk with a manager to make sure but thanks for the heads up.
    12-28-09 01:42 AM
    Holy ****.. so I'll have to either wait until the main contract is up (making sure no one does the upgrade and renews the contract) or pay the VZW mental $350 ETF even if the rest are keeping the contract going?

I might stop in this week at the corporate store and talk with a manager to make sure but thanks for the heads up.
    What the rest of the account does has nothing to do with your line or it's ETF or it's contract end. Each line has it's own contract, contract end date and ETF.
    12-28-09 01:44 AM
    I have a quick question....

I am on my third Storm since Feb. Current Storm is working fine but getting a lot of dust under the screen, which was one of my reasons for getting my first Storm replaced. My question is at this time would I still be offered another Storm 1 or would I get a Storm 2? The dust is starting to bug me but I don't want to go thru all the hassle of switching phones just to get another Storm 1. The upgrade to a Storm 2 would be worth it.

Thank you!

12-28-09 03:27 AM
    I have a quick question....

I am on my third Storm since Feb. Current Storm is working fine but getting a lot of dust under the screen, which was one of my reasons for getting my first Storm replaced. My question is at this time would I still be offered another Storm 1 or would I get a Storm 2? The dust is starting to bug me but I don't want to go thru all the hassle of switching phones just to get another Storm 1. The upgrade to a Storm 2 would be worth it.

Thank you!

If you have only had you phone replaced one time then no, you will get the Storm, so unless you have an upgrade available you won't have the Storm 2 as an option.
    12-28-09 10:43 AM
    Actually I am on my third Storm. First was replaced after vacationing in FL. While there, aside from the dust under the screen, whenever I was out in the heat (July) the phone would stop responding. When back n AC it would be fine. I called VZW CS told them what it was doing and they sent me another Storm (#2). It arrived on a Friday and by Sat I has been unable to get any computer to recognize it so I called VZW back. Another was sent out and I got it Mon (#3). The one I got on that Mon was a new one o believe. Came with battery cover and looked new. No fingerprints or anything.

So anyway, I have been on this my third Storm since July with no problems except the dust under the screen issue.

I wonder how long it will take before they run our of Storm 1s to hand out?

12-28-09 01:46 PM
    Did the customer retention dept get merged with customer service dept?

12-29-09 03:31 PM
    There never was a retention department.

12-29-09 03:33 PM

Closest equivalent is probably Executive Relations. I KNOW they are still around, having dealt with them several times.
    12-29-09 04:46 PM

Actually there are retention groups, but are going away. We get calls from them sometimes for network issues. Primarily El Paso, which is for converted alltel customers.

12-29-09 04:54 PM
    Closest equivalent is probably Executive Relations. I KNOW they are still around, having dealt with them several times.
    You're one of those customers.
    12-29-09 09:38 PM
    I have a quick question. The reps at my Vzw store told me that it would be possible for my boyfriend and I to create a family plan together and split off his line if we wanted to later. They didn't say whether or not there would be a fee associated with it, though. I just wanted to make sure this could actually be done. Thanks!
    12-29-09 11:29 PM
    Actually I am on my third Storm. First was replaced after vacationing in FL. While there, aside from the dust under the screen, whenever I was out in the heat (July) the phone would stop responding. When back n AC it would be fine. I called VZW CS told them what it was doing and they sent me another Storm (#2). It arrived on a Friday and by Sat I has been unable to get any computer to recognize it so I called VZW back. Another was sent out and I got it Mon (#3). The one I got on that Mon was a new one o believe. Came with battery cover and looked new. No fingerprints or anything.

So anyway, I have been on this my third Storm since July with no problems except the dust under the screen issue.

I wonder how long it will take before they run our of Storm 1s to hand out?

Anyone got any ideas?
    12-29-09 11:55 PM
    Storm replacements will probably run out in 2012.

12-30-09 02:25 PM
    Hmmm.... The dust under my screen is getting worse and starting to bug me. Aside from that the phone works perfect. I hate to trade a perfectly working phone for another Storm that will just do the same thing....and might not work as well.

If I thought they would offer up a Storm 2 I would go for that for the extra memory and wifi. Not trying to scam VZW but the dust under my screen is really bugging me.

12-30-09 04:20 PM
    I have a quick question. The reps at my Vzw store told me that it would be possible for my boyfriend and I to create a family plan together and split off his line if we wanted to later. They didn't say whether or not there would be a fee associated with it, though. I just wanted to make sure this could actually be done. Thanks!
    Yes, it can be done.
    12-30-09 11:18 PM
    i got the vzw Tether plan. How much data can I use per month and how much If go over?
    12-31-09 03:03 AM
    i got the vzw Tether plan. How much data can I use per month and how much If go over?
    5GB; $0.25 per MB over.
    12-31-09 04:06 PM
    There wouldn't be any kind of fee unless either of you port your number to a different carrier.
    01-01-10 07:41 PM
    Having trouble finding the answer to my question, but I know it's been answered before.

I have a west coast number (area code 323), but I'm currently in the south (area code 901). Do my free night and weekend minutes still start at 9:01 pm pacific standard time or do they automatically switch over to 9:01 pm of whatever time zone I'm in?
    01-01-10 09:22 PM
5,111 ... 162163164165166 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD