View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    QUESTION:

VZW charged me a reconnect fee per phone lin eon my account. Is that how it goes?? I have 4 phone lines on my account all under the family plan and VZW charged me $15 per line for a total of $60 in 1 month
    A reconnect fees means your line was hot-lined for being past due and they charge you for reconnecting the line after you make a payment.
    12-18-09 11:03 PM
    That is correct. Anytime your phone is suspended (voluntary or hotline) you will recieve a $15 charge per line. The only exception is military leave or lost/stolen suspensions.
    12-18-09 11:05 PM
    Verizons new ETF for Smartphones breaking your contract with them?
    Bump
    10 char
    12-19-09 01:01 AM
    there is already a thread about the ETF... but no it is not changing my contract with them, I want a new phone but im not going to be a cheat and cancel my contract to start a new one. Want subsidized phones then dont complain that they hit you with an ETF for making your phone 300 dollars cheaper.
    12-19-09 02:05 AM
    >Instead of creating a new thread i thought i would ask here. IS Verizons new ETF for Smartphones breaking your contract with them?<

No its not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:59 PM
    there is already a thread about the ETF... but no it is not changing my contract with them, I want a new phone but im not going to be a cheat and cancel my contract to start a new one. Want subsidized phones then dont complain that they hit you with an ETF for making your phone 300 dollars cheaper.
    Did i say anything about trying to break my contract to get a new phone? No... So take the time to read the questions next time and just answer that instead of reading further into with info that you dont know. I have no plans on breaking, it was a honest question i had. I hate *** holes that jump on a question and make it something its not.
    12-19-09 04:09 PM
    I wasnt saying that you were, its just alot of the people complaining about it wanted to get out of their contract to get a new phone. Thats also the reason why VZW changed their policy. Though the FCC suggestion mentioned in that thread makes sense too (that the ETF would be based on what month into the contract you are in), VZW should do what it can to make up subsidizing phones for us, I personally would like ot continue getting 600 dollar phones at 200 dollars lol
    12-19-09 05:13 PM
    I wasnt saying that you were, its just alot of the people complaining about it wanted to get out of their contract to get a new phone. Thats also the reason why VZW changed their policy. Though the FCC suggestion mentioned in that thread makes sense too (that the ETF would be based on what month into the contract you are in), VZW should do what it can to make up subsidizing phones for us, I personally would like ot continue getting 600 dollar phones at 200 dollars lol
    I understand that people try to cheat the system and im on the same side as you with this. I have never canceled a cell contract in my life and dont plan on doing so. I more than like VZW upping the ETF to compensate for the losses they would incur if i canceled.
    12-20-09 01:11 AM
    i just added a line and chose the new Curve. I pride myself on doing the research on phones before I buy one, but the new Curve not having the flash was missed. I know I can return for another one just one time, but should I activate first or return before it's opened? I obviously wasnt thinking and wanted to try the Storm, but not sure of all it's probs.
    12-20-09 06:09 AM
    i just added a line and chose the new Curve. I pride myself on doing the research on phones before I buy one, but the new Curve not having the flash was missed. I know I can return for another one just one time, but should I activate first or return before it's opened? I obviously wasnt thinking and wanted to try the Storm, but not sure of all it's probs.
    I would return it with out opening it, then there will be no restocking fee.
    12-20-09 09:33 AM
    Just had my first bad experience with a VZW CR rep. I emailed them last night regarding a possible push up of my dads 1 year upgrade in February and the bing problem. VZW left a message on my phone telling me how to be authorized to discuss upgrades (that part was good) and then had the audacity to insist that Bing was not the only available default search despite me explicitly explaining that it was not, showing knowledge of the VZW and Microsoft deal and offering to provide screen shots. Guess they dont want people to knwo about this but wow
    12-20-09 09:58 AM
    Just had my first bad experience with a VZW CR rep. I emailed them last night regarding a possible push up of my dads 1 year upgrade in February and the bing problem. VZW left a message on my phone telling me how to be authorized to discuss upgrades (that part was good) and then had the audacity to insist that Bing was not the only available default search despite me explicitly explaining that it was not, showing knowledge of the VZW and Microsoft deal and offering to provide screen shots. Guess they dont want people to knwo about this but wow
    Are you really still going on about this? Here?

Well if you are calling just display your distaste in the Bing push, let me help you. Since there was no Bing parade at VZW, not all reps will know. But it was announced and soon they will. But having them know about it doesn't stop the fact that it is going to happen. Also remember that not all BB phones received this push, so if the rep had a Curve as their base of reference then, no they wouldn't have known. It is not a Care Reps job to sit there and worry about your search bar.
    12-20-09 10:41 AM
    Pardon my ignorance but I don't understand the fuss. I have a curve 8330 and a Bing icon appeared on my device but when I go into the browser Google is still my search bar.
    12-20-09 11:47 AM
    I know it hasnt happned to everyone yet, it started with Storm 2s and its moving to other devices slowly. Im not mad that the rep didnt know im more mad that he asserted I was completely wrong and acted like I dont know how to use my phone. I will be calling once my dad is free to authorize me to do so regarding upgrades.
    12-20-09 01:59 PM
    Can i renew a 2 year contract whenever i want?
    12-20-09 11:52 PM
    Can i renew a 2 year contract whenever i want?
    You can upgrade every year if you are a primary line or on a one year contract or every 20 months.
    12-20-09 11:58 PM
    I know it hasnt happned to everyone yet, it started with Storm 2s and its moving to other devices slowly. Im not mad that the rep didnt know im more mad that he asserted I was completely wrong and acted like I dont know how to use my phone. I will be calling once my dad is free to authorize me to do so regarding upgrades.
    Whats your question?
    12-20-09 11:59 PM
    More importantly, I don't see the annual upgrade date getting changed, since that's not something that can actually be changed. Being 10 months into a 24 month contract isn't really a good place to be asking for extra benefits.
    12-21-09 12:06 AM
    Well ill see what happnes once im authorized to do it over the phone, its not like it is our first contract with VZW weve had one for many many years and have the preferred customer status. Only reason im asking for the date to be pushed up is that I cant be dealing with this once im back in school January 3rd. Ive heard of VZW pushing up upgrades before or doing them early I ont see why ti would be a huge deal considering theyre still getting the money for the phone and a contact extension.
    12-21-09 12:38 AM
    If I buy a droid form a private seller, and I have the insurance (already have it on my storm), how do I go about getting a replacement should it break? can I go to a VZ store? Do I call VZ and they send me the replacement? How does it work?

I'm sure this has been covered, but I thought that this would be a convenient thread to get the answer from.
    12-21-09 07:25 PM
    Buying a device from a private party, VZW will not honor any warr and the Insurance should be removed by VZW
    12-21-09 08:37 PM
    Well my issue was solved, a nice british VZW CS lady pushed up an anual upgrade to Jan 24th. Thank you VZW for your great CS despite some poor store service in some places.
    12-21-09 08:56 PM
    Well my issue was solved, a nice british VZW CS lady pushed up an anual upgrade to Jan 24th. Thank you VZW for your great CS despite some poor store service in some places.
    I thought you said you couldn't deal with it after Janaury 3rd? Which part of the story is a lie now?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 09:13 AM
    I have the Select plan, so I have Unlimited Messaging. Does that cover texts to Mexico? I have a friend going to Mexico City to visit family and I wanna keep in touch......
    Thanks
    XOXOXO
    12-22-09 07:02 PM
    Yet another of many great experiences dealing with ccare. Called in to see if there was an MTR/ETR on the BIS disruption. The rep with whom I spoke gave me the information she had (NA/SA affected, ~50% of customers in region affected, all carriers affected, no ETR <- typical RIM.) I asked her if, after the September, 2 November, and now 2 December disruptions, VZW got reimbursed by RIM for VZW's increased costs incurred during disruptions. Out of the blue, and without me thinking it, much less asking it, she slapped a $25 goodwill credit on my account. Absolutely awesome, above and beyond, and greatly appreciated. VZW customer service continues to have their **** together. Thanks y'all.
    12-22-09 07:09 PM
5,111 ... 161162163164165 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD