View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Ok. Thanks everyone for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 08:55 AM
    Trust me. For warranty purposes , send back the asurion phone. That way if something defect malfunction happens to your phone, then u can exchange it in the store vs waiting for it to be shipped
    12-13-09 12:28 PM
    And see....that's another prob I have. I reall live in the middle of nowhere. The nearest vzw store is 60 miles away. Lol. And the store there says they do not take back phones. We've dealt with that a few times. So I just ship them. But thanks guys. Appreciate all the help.

Trust me. For warranty purposes , send back the asurion phone. That way if something defect malfunction happens to your phone, then u can exchange it in the store vs waiting for it to be shipped
    12-13-09 12:38 PM
    I am thinking about adding a line to my family plan and getting the Droid Eris. I then will switch the eris to my primary line and put a dumbphone on the new line.

My question is about the 30 day worry free guarantee. I am concerned I won't like/adjust to typing on the virtual keyboard of the Eris. If within my 30 days I decide to return the Eris, can I cancel the line that I added and just go back to my two lines I have now?
    12-14-09 01:23 PM
    Renocat,

You can return the phone and cancel the line within 30 days no ETF, just have to pay for the services used in those days.

00smurf
    12-14-09 01:52 PM
    TY smurf...that may have just helped me make the jump to the Eris
    12-14-09 02:06 PM
    My company has 12 lines on a plan and 3 of those are primary lines. I'm still really confused with the NE2 plan. My main question is "can you get an upgrade on one of the primary lines at the 1 year anniversary at discount pricing"? One of the phones will be 12 months in on May 28th so is that when it would be eligible for the upgrade if there is a 1 year upgrade with NE2 for primary lines?
    12-15-09 09:49 PM
    I am an avid reader of the CrackBerry Boards but don't post that often. I am happy to see that a few Verizon Wireless employees are taking their personal time to try and help out. I have been with Verizon Wireless for 12 years and between my wife and I we have spent a pretty penny over the years.

I am not happy with Verion's assessment of my account when reviewing for upgrades. I have been told on several occassions that my upgrade history is "excessive" over the last 24 months and Verizon is unable to assist me. The reason I have had approximately 20 active phones on my account is because the BlackBerry Storm 1 was a POS and the Tour has issues witht he trackball. If Verizon is going to put their name on a device they should back the device. As a customer who pays for a warranty on 2 phones I don't see my activity as "excessive." A CSR has been unable to assist me with "damage control" to this point and I am looking for help....

Thanks for your time in advance.
    12-15-09 10:03 PM
    My company has 12 lines on a plan and 3 of those are primary lines. I'm still really confused with the NE2 plan. My main question is "can you get an upgrade on one of the primary lines at the 1 year anniversary at discount pricing"? One of the phones will be 12 months in on May 28th so is that when it would be eligible for the upgrade if there is a 1 year upgrade with NE2 for primary lines?
    You can do an Annual upgrade every year. You can not use your NE2 until after 20 months from last purchase. NE2 and Annual Upgrades are only available on lines 39.99 or higher. So Secondary lines only get Standard Upgrades at 20 months.
    12-15-09 10:58 PM
    I am an avid reader of the CrackBerry Boards but don't post that often. I am happy to see that a few Verizon Wireless employees are taking their personal time to try and help out. I have been with Verizon Wireless for 12 years and between my wife and I we have spent a pretty penny over the years.

I am not happy with Verion's assessment of my account when reviewing for upgrades. I have been told on several occassions that my upgrade history is "excessive" over the last 24 months and Verizon is unable to assist me. The reason I have had approximately 20 active phones on my account is because the BlackBerry Storm 1 was a POS and the Tour has issues witht he trackball. If Verizon is going to put their name on a device they should back the device. As a customer who pays for a warranty on 2 phones I don't see my activity as "excessive." A CSR has been unable to assist me with "damage control" to this point and I am looking for help....

Thanks for your time in advance.
    Am I reading this right? 20 replacments? What are you doing to these phones? That is WAY to excessive to be device issues. Anyways no one here can help you with replacing your phone as no one here has access to your account.
    12-15-09 11:02 PM
    Am I reading this right? 20 replacments? What are you doing to these phones? That is WAY to excessive to be device issues. Anyways no one here can help you with replacing your phone as no one here has access to your account.
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! anyone who has had 20 phns in 2 yrs is abusing the system,
    12-16-09 06:26 AM
    Ok, new guy here. Hi all I am a recent convert from an iPhone, and I just purchased a Storm 2. Here is the sitch, I am, and as I told the phone salesman, currently living in Japan, and will be moving back just after middle of next month. I wanted to have the phone waiting for me when I arrive. Anyway, the phone is ordered and all.
    I asked how long I had to activate my phone and he said 45 days. I then asked when I would receive the first bill. He said usually automatically generated 10 days after order date. Ok, the last 2 questions were done by email, and he was very short with answers for me so I just left it.

My concern is that a bill will go to my dad's house and I don't want him to have to pay it. I would rather pay it online however, it seems that I need to activate my phone in order to sign up for myVerizon. Is there any way around this?

Thanks for your time.
    12-16-09 07:25 AM
    You can do an Annual upgrade every year. You can not use your NE2 until after 20 months from last purchase. NE2 and Annual Upgrades are only available on lines 39.99 or higher. So Secondary lines only get Standard Upgrades at 20 months.
    Thanks! Looks like I'll be able to do an upgrade in May!
    12-16-09 10:37 AM
    Ok, new guy here. Hi all I am a recent convert from an iPhone, and I just purchased a Storm 2. Here is the sitch, I am, and as I told the phone salesman, currently living in Japan, and will be moving back just after middle of next month. I wanted to have the phone waiting for me when I arrive. Anyway, the phone is ordered and all.
    I asked how long I had to activate my phone and he said 45 days. I then asked when I would receive the first bill. He said usually automatically generated 10 days after order date. Ok, the last 2 questions were done by email, and he was very short with answers for me so I just left it.

My concern is that a bill will go to my dad's house and I don't want him to have to pay it. I would rather pay it online however, it seems that I need to activate my phone in order to sign up for myVerizon. Is there any way around this?

Thanks for your time.
    If it is a new account, no. Because the account will not be activated, therefore there is nothing to access. You may want to have your dad, activate the phone though. Because if you got the phone under any discount, after 30 days, if the phone isn't activated, they can charge you full retail for the device. So if you have no access to the account you can mail payment or have dad pay it and you can give him the money for it.
    12-16-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

What is needed for activation. My dad is not so tech savy. Especially with a touch device. haha. Also, where is the info on the phone that I will need to register for myVerizon?
    12-16-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

What is needed for activation. My dad is not so tech savy. Especially with a touch device. haha. Also, where is the info on the phone that I will need to register for myVerizon?
    Theres a number to activate the phone. I forget what it is, so hopefully someone here can chime in on it. You might even be able to call it if you can reach a 1-800 number. ALl you do is accept the T&C's and it activates the phone. Then to set up online may be a little tricker, because it sends a temp password too your device, so you and someone at home may need to tag team it.
    12-16-09 10:56 AM
    Thanks, I will see what I can do.
    12-16-09 11:03 AM
    Quick question about company policy.
    Last week, I returned my 4th broken S1 to a VZW store near my college. I was told over the phone by CS I was able to exchange for a different phone as long as it was a smartphone and I would pay the difference in price. I was pretty much ****** over at the store and had no option but to go with a storm2 and extend my contract. Pretty much the manager forwarded me to some clueless person at tech support who hung up on me after about 15 minutes of him saying wait what dude. He said I could not get another S1 as they didnt have any in stock and tried to charge me to get an S2 although I wanted to check out other phones (As my problems were with freezing and the storm OS as a whole) After some negotiating I was forced to accept my only option, a Storm 2, as I needed a phone during finals week and didnt have an old one to activate until I could talk to someone else.

Well Im home from college on break and am trying to figure out a way to remedy this situation. Sense getting the storm 2 seems to have extended my contract, would t his count as a new contract, meaning I have 30 days to exchange the phone for a different one? If not how much luck would I have talking to CS with my problems. If all else fails would I be able to convince them to allow me to use my dads every1 upgrade, hes a platinum customer and the primary account, and sell my BB Storm 2 in favor of a different phone(assuming its a similar price to the every2 upgrade)?
    12-17-09 01:06 AM
    Wds just locked us out of CB site

12-18-09 12:06 PM
    Quick question about company policy.
    Last week, I returned my 4th broken S1 to a VZW store near my college. I was told over the phone by CS I was able to exchange for a different phone as long as it was a smartphone and I would pay the difference in price. I was pretty much ****** over at the store and had no option but to go with a storm2 and extend my contract. Pretty much the manager forwarded me to some clueless person at tech support who hung up on me after about 15 minutes of him saying wait what dude. He said I could not get another S1 as they didnt have any in stock and tried to charge me to get an S2 although I wanted to check out other phones (As my problems were with freezing and the storm OS as a whole) After some negotiating I was forced to accept my only option, a Storm 2, as I needed a phone during finals week and didnt have an old one to activate until I could talk to someone else.

Well Im home from college on break and am trying to figure out a way to remedy this situation. Sense getting the storm 2 seems to have extended my contract, would t his count as a new contract, meaning I have 30 days to exchange the phone for a different one? If not how much luck would I have talking to CS with my problems. If all else fails would I be able to convince them to allow me to use my dads every1 upgrade, hes a platinum customer and the primary account, and sell my BB Storm 2 in favor of a different phone(assuming its a similar price to the every2 upgrade)?
    If they gave you a Multi Exchange, you don't have a new contract, but they extended your upgrade date. It doesn't sound like they upgraded you if they didn't let you select the phone you wanted, so you will not have a 30 WFG. You will just have your 1-year warranty. You can use any upgrade on the account as long as you are authorized to do so. If not Dad will need to do it for you.
    12-18-09 12:12 PM
    Wds just locked us out of CB site

Hmmm maybe they stumbled on the previous discussion and wanted to prevent it from happening at work.
    12-18-09 12:13 PM
    Wonder if I'd have any luck going to a better store by my house and talking to them...especially with this new bing push

12-18-09 02:23 PM
    Instead of creating a new thread i thought i would ask here. IS Verizons new ETF for Smartphones breaking your contract with them?
    12-18-09 07:23 PM
    QUESTION:

VZW charged me a reconnect fee per phone lin eon my account. Is that how it goes?? I have 4 phone lines on my account all under the family plan and VZW charged me $15 per line for a total of $60 in 1 month
    12-18-09 08:27 PM
    QUESTION:

VZW charged me a reconnect fee per phone lin eon my account. Is that how it goes?? I have 4 phone lines on my account all under the family plan and VZW charged me $15 per line for a total of $60 in 1 month
    I would guess that it would be, if it were for an involuntary suspend or something to that nature.
    12-18-09 09:57 PM
5,111 ... 160161162163164 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD