View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I have had a few providers and Verizon is the worst so far. I wish I never left AT&T.
    12-05-09 07:32 PM
    I have had a few providers and Verizon is the worst so far. I wish I never left AT&T.
    What is your question?
    12-05-09 10:05 PM
    I have a ?

I bought my BB Curve back in Feb 2008. Why is my NE2 in April of 2010? I don't understand.

Thanks
    12-07-09 03:56 PM
    I have a ?

I bought my BB Curve back in Feb 2008. Why is my NE2 in April of 2010? I don't understand.

Thanks
    Did you ever receive a Multi-Fru, a new phone instead of a refurb? That will extend your upgrade and NE2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 05:49 PM
    The spousal unit got an upgrade - yes. Thanks.
    12-07-09 09:57 PM
    The spousal unit got an upgrade - yes. Thanks.
    Mystery solved.
    12-08-09 09:21 AM
    I will tell you that it be the same way as all the VZW phones.
    I have VZW now and I think I am going to break my contract. There have been too many misquotes to me on several things. The worst is when one department doesn't know what another is doing, I spend at least 30 minutes on the phone trying to get an answer.

I went into a VZW store to inquire on the data plan I have to put an older phone on our acct for my son (so he'd have a full keyboard) and now my bill is higher. While at the store I declined the upgrade at the time, my initial thought was that I would just upgrade in Dec '09 and get him a new phone. The results of the stay was that I had to go to a per mb charge data plan and it would be $10/month more.

The whole point was that I declined the upgrade at the time and the (&#@) salesperson upgraded me without my permission anyways probably because he wanted a sale.

I live in Florida and I'm going to look into Sprint. My feeling is that none of the carriers are really any better and that they're all shady.
    12-09-09 08:47 AM
    I have VZW now and I think I am going to break my contract. There have been too many misquotes to me on several things. The worst is when one department doesn't know what another is doing, I spend at least 30 minutes on the phone trying to get an answer.

I went into a VZW store to inquire on the data plan I have to put an older phone on our acct for my son (so he'd have a full keyboard) and now my bill is higher. While at the store I declined the upgrade at the time, my initial thought was that I would just upgrade in Dec '09 and get him a new phone. The results of the stay was that I had to go to a per mb charge data plan and it would be $10/month more.

The whole point was that I declined the upgrade at the time and the (&#@) salesperson upgraded me without my permission anyways probably because he wanted a sale.

I live in Florida and I'm going to look into Sprint. My feeling is that none of the carriers are really any better and that they're all shady.
    What's your question?
    12-09-09 09:07 AM
    With VZW mandated data plans on these new phones they are getting, I am looking hard at Sprint. Once my kids start upgrading my bill will be about $300 a month with VZW. I price checked sprint and with what we will need, before taxes is $189. I live in a Major Metro area, and travel very little. Being raped by VZW will stop, I just have to figure out if I want to pay 5 ETF or wait until a couple of the phones are out of contract.

Stick with sprint if your okay with the coverage you get.

Your bill is only $300 with 5 phones? Mine is that much with only 2. We ask and ask why its so high...and what the charges are for....get a different answer every time. I even had one rep tell me she had no idea. Well...if vzw has no idea why my bill is the way it is....why should I pay it? We do pay it because we have no choice. There are no other cell providers in my area. But honestly....we don't go over minutes or texts...and we both have BBs with the $29.99 data plan...and the $99 family share plan.

12-12-09 02:29 PM
    Ok....sorry. Had one more question. I filed a claim with Assurion for a phone that was to be mailed back to VZW for a warranty replacement. It was stolen...in the Fed Ex box...from our truck. Now the claimed was filed with Assurion and finished....but Verizon will not take the equipment charge off our bill. Why do I pay for insurance that covers stolen phones...if I have to pay for the phone anyway? Not trying to be a bug. I just don't understand. Assurion says Verizon needs to credit the account....Verizon says Assurion needs to. ???

12-12-09 02:45 PM
    I'm confused, you filed a claim on a FRU device? Is that correct? The original device that had the issue, the one that was replaced by VZW, is the one you send to VZW. The Fru is the stolen phone? Then you dont send anything. But you will not get a credit unless the defective device or the FRU is returned.
    12-12-09 03:26 PM
    I'm confused. Yes...the one I was sending back was stolen. Are you saying it wasn't covered? Because Assurion accepted the claim and said it was valid. I can't return the FRU.

12-12-09 03:35 PM
    So you got a FRU on a stolen phone or your phone got stolen when you were sending it back?
    12-12-09 03:38 PM
    The phone was stolen when I was sending it back. Sorry.

12-12-09 03:40 PM
    Oh thats rough. Well, you can maybe talk to someone for half off of the cost but if you don't send the defective device or the FRU phone back, you pay the retail cost. I hope it works out for you.
    12-12-09 03:48 PM
    That's too bad. I know when I called vzw after it happened...they asked if I filed a claim. It hadn't shown up on my bill yet. I'm not sure why they asked...if I was to pay full retail anyway. But I will figure it all out somehow. Thank you.

12-12-09 03:56 PM
    Ok....sorry. Had one more question. I filed a claim with Assurion for a phone that was to be mailed back to VZW for a warranty replacement. It was stolen...in the Fed Ex box...from our truck. Now the claimed was filed with Assurion and finished....but Verizon will not take the equipment charge off our bill. Why do I pay for insurance that covers stolen phones...if I have to pay for the phone anyway? Not trying to be a bug. I just don't understand. Assurion says Verizon needs to credit the account....Verizon says Assurion needs to. ???

If you filed a claim with Asurion, you send the phone back to Asurion in a prepaid envelope by USPS an dnot fedex.. Since you have a fedex box you did not file a claim, you did a warranty replacement with VZW.

So right now if the phone was stolen, you will have to file a claim with Asurion for a stolen device, then once u get the phone from Asurion you have to send it to VZW.

Also Asurion does not charge VZW bills.
    12-12-09 08:50 PM
    I have a question. I bought a cell phone case body glove for my Storm 2. Im not happy with it at all. Also the vzw rep brok a tab on it so it willnot secure properly.

This was 2 days ago. Can I still return this case for a refund?
    12-12-09 08:57 PM
    Nope. I filed the claim with Assurion after the phone was stolen. A stolen phone claim. I was sending the phone back to vzw for a warranty when it was stolen. And I didn't say Assurion charged phone bills. So....I get the replacement phone from Assurion and send that one to VZW?

If you filed a claim with Asurion, you send the phone back to Asurion in a prepaid envelope by USPS an dnot fedex.. Since you have a fedex box you did not file a claim, you did a warranty replacement with VZW.

So right now if the phone was stolen, you will have to file a claim with Asurion for a stolen device, then once u get the phone from Asurion you have to send it to VZW.

Also Asurion does not charge VZW bills.
    Last edited by kymmy9530; 12-12-09 at 09:40 PM.
    12-12-09 09:37 PM
    I'm sorry...I think you meant they don't credit vzw bills. I guess I didn't say that quite right. Vzw said Asurion would have to contact them. That's what I meant by credit the account. Sorry.

12-12-09 09:45 PM
    Im going to take this time to big up a Verizon rep that got me started on my BBjourney. Simple .. he took the time to set up my phone.. showed me emails .. txt.. bbm. ect .. then showed me the browser and threw CD webosite addy in my bookmarks .. that got me readin and learning from you good folks .. no issue with my storm 1 at all .. ( at least nothing I couldnt read about and fix) .. big respects to chris at the PR verizon place roun my way ..
    12-12-09 09:52 PM
    If you got a FRU and we sent you a phone and then your defective phone got list you should still have two phones. You need to mail the either the defective, or the fru -- and keep the insurance claim.
    12-12-09 10:18 PM
    No...no....I had one Storm....it was defective.....I called vzw. They sent me a new one. I packaged the defective phone into the Fed ex box that the new one came in. It was in my truck....ready to be dropped in the Fed ex drop box when it was stolen. I filed a claim on the stolen phone with asurion. They accepted the claim. I only have the new phone vzw sent. I guess my question was asked a little too early. I apologize. So....when I get the new phone from asurion...for the claim....I send it to vzw? That...I guess...is my question. Or should have been anyway. Sorry for confusion.

12-12-09 10:25 PM
    Yes u send the new phone to verizon, well refurbished or VZW will charge u like $500 on ur bill
    12-12-09 10:39 PM
    No...no....I had one Storm....it was defective.....I called vzw. They sent me a new one. I packaged the defective phone into the Fed ex box that the new one came in. It was in my truck....ready to be dropped in the Fed ex drop box when it was stolen. I filed a claim on the stolen phone with asurion. They accepted the claim. I only have the new phone vzw sent. I guess my question was asked a little too early. I apologize. So....when I get the new phone from asurion...for the claim....I send it to vzw? That...I guess...is my question. Or should have been anyway. Sorry for confusion.

You can keep either. Verizon does not care. They just want a phone back. They would probably prefer the phone they sent you and you keep the insurance claim. Makes it easier for tracking
    12-12-09 10:47 PM
5,111 ... 159160161162163 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD