View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I appreciate the help, as well as the sarcasm. I was on my Blackberry and needed an answer quickly. I couldn't navigate Verizon's webpage from the BB.
    It was all in good spirit.. def can understand why you can't view the site!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 08:18 PM
    What is the true cost of adding a line to the account? Just $10.00 or is there additional fees and taxes as well?
    11-30-09 11:13 AM
    What is the true cost of adding a line to the account? Just $10.00 or is there additional fees and taxes as well?
    There is a a 25 activation fee for a new line.
    10 a month for service on a Familyshare
    taxes and surcharges depending on your state
    and any added features like Text plans, Ringback Tones etc
    11-30-09 12:11 PM
    I am guessing that if you got a smart phone like a Droid there would be the $30 data package charge. I wouldn't mind doing that if I could take the data package off my blackberry before I stuck it in a drawer.

11-30-09 12:22 PM
    I am guessing that if you got a smart phone like a Droid there would be the $30 data package charge. I wouldn't mind doing that if I could take the data package off my blackberry before I stuck it in a drawer.

If you have a regular phone, just do an ESN swap that way you pay just the 10 and not the data plan.
    11-30-09 12:26 PM
    How much is an VZW employee demo line a month?

Thinking about setting one up.
    11-30-09 06:22 PM
    What do you want to use on V-Cast? that should have been my first question
    wow hes back lol
    12-01-09 10:46 AM
    I sold my Tour and now Verizon is telling me I have to wait until my billing cycle is up before the buyer can activate the phone. Is this standard procedure?

When I called to ask about selling, I was told once I ported my number out, the account would be closed immediately and it would be fine to switch within 24 hours. Now, they're saying something else. I'm now being told that if I want to activate the phone on the new owner's account, I have to switch back to Verizon, activate a different phone, and then they can make the switch.

Can someone tell me what the true procedure is and if there is a way to get this taken care of in any shorter period of time than the week to 30 days I was told just now?

Thanks for any help.
    12-01-09 08:47 PM
    Yesterday I was checking out either doing a Sprint upgrade or making a switch to Verizon. After a year, my Sprint BB 8330 ... just can adapt to and dislike portrait QWERTY. After checking out the Samsung Moment at Sprint, which would be my upgrade option, I headed over to Verizon. Note: Both stores are a 4 hour round trip from home. The Samsung Moment had some pluses including a slide-out QWERTY. And my plan at Sprint is $25/month less for identical features. But I'll admit I really liked the Droid, despite its keyboard. The screen was so nice and sharp and I found I didn't need to whip out my reading glasses to read the Android's tiny text. I was about ready to holler "Sign me up!" until I started pulling up some web pages to see how it performed.

What sent me out the door to re-think the issue was no matter what website I tried to pull up, response time on all websites was slower than some of the worst dial-up services I've ever had (i.e. 12K-19K actual 'speeds'). Is this typical of the Droid? Or of the Verizon network? The store is in a 3G coverage area and web responsiveness for me (Sprint) and my wife (T-Mobile) has always been extremely fast in that area. So my "first impression" of the Verizon network (or the Droid's performance on the web?) was not good, to say the least.

But I'm always open to a second opinion. And since I'll be near the Verizon store again tomorrow, I may take another look at the Droid despite it meaning $25/month more and ETF from Sprint. What though might account for the dismal response time in pulling up websites on the Droid from within the Verizon store (in nearly 1/2 hour I didn't see one sales rep on the floor with a customer and didn't have time to wait yesterday)?
    12-02-09 09:11 AM
    It isn't the Droid being slow. There might have been something with the network. Search youtube for comparison videos and you'll see its pretty fast.

12-02-09 09:15 AM
    Since it was a store model, there was probably loads of crap running in the background. But whatever right? Stick with Sprint, they are loads of good times.
    12-02-09 03:43 PM
    I sold my Tour and now Verizon is telling me I have to wait until my billing cycle is up before the buyer can activate the phone. Is this standard procedure?
    Yes it is. I have to deal with this a few times.
    12-02-09 08:46 PM
    Hi. I'm having a few problems with my storm and was wondering if they're bad enough to where I can get a new storm or other smart phone on my one year warranty. First off, I HAVE downloaded 5.0.0.328. It worked wonders. I thought it would fix a lot, and it did. Just not everything that I needed.
    It could be my phone, but some applications won't work right on my storm (even after I set everything to allow, fiddle with the compatibility mode).. I usually have to do 2 battery pulls a day, after my phone freezes. Which is junk..the numbers 1-9 do not work when in my phone dialer. My browser basically stops loading if I get a text message and I also experience problems with threaded texting sometimes where the conversation won't open. I don't want to sound like a whiner but these problems are getting kind of old.

12-03-09 08:46 AM
    Hi. I'm having a few problems with my storm and was wondering if they're bad enough to where I can get a new storm or other smart phone on my one year warranty. First off, I HAVE downloaded 5.0.0.328. It worked wonders. I thought it would fix a lot, and it did. Just not everything that I needed.
    It could be my phone, but some applications won't work right on my storm (even after I set everything to allow, fiddle with the compatibility mode).. I usually have to do 2 battery pulls a day, after my phone freezes. Which is junk..the numbers 1-9 do not work when in my phone dialer. My browser basically stops loading if I get a text message and I also experience problems with threaded texting sometimes where the conversation won't open. I don't want to sound like a whiner but these problems are getting kind of old.

Sounds like you need a warranty replacement. Still a Storm 1 though.

12-03-09 09:19 AM
    I had verizon for four years and I felt rape every day by them sorry guy but thats just how I feel.
    12-03-09 02:43 PM
    I know verizon my have a lot of other things going for them but they are waaaayyy to expensive...
    12-03-09 02:44 PM
    Hey quick question to you vzw reps... if i buy a tour from someone off the streets (with a clean esn) can i switch to it from my lg dare, even tho my contract isnt up? and if i can does my contract stay the same or does it start over? Thanks for your help guys
    12-03-09 04:13 PM
    Hey quick question to you vzw reps... if i buy a tour from someone off the streets (with a clean esn) can i switch to it from my lg dare, even tho my contract isnt up? and if i can does my contract stay the same or does it start over? Thanks for your help guys
    Yes you switch and contract dates stay the same. You will need to the a data plan though.
    12-03-09 04:16 PM
    Yes you switch and contract dates stay the same. You will need to the a data plan though.
    ok cool, thats fine, and i get to keep my same upgrade date and all?
    12-03-09 04:22 PM
    ok cool, thats fine, and i get to keep my same upgrade date and all?
    Yep .
    12-03-09 04:28 PM
    Yep .
    Great! Thanks alot man
    12-03-09 04:29 PM
    I have a question in the my verizon where you check txt and data counts on your bill what is what is int?l pix-flix and is it included in my text plan it says I received and sent some and have no idea what it is?? Ps I love this phone (curve) its my best friend don't know how I lived without it all these years!

12-05-09 11:53 AM
    I have a question in the my verizon where you check txt and data counts on your bill what is what is int?l pix-flix and is it included in my text plan it says I received and sent some and have no idea what it is?? Ps I love this phone (curve) its my best friend don't know how I lived without it all these years!

International pix-flix messages. They do not count against your allowance, you pay per message.
    12-05-09 03:15 PM
    Please give me an example I don't dial any international numbers???

12-05-09 04:13 PM
    It would be a country other than the US. You can we the details online.

12-05-09 04:34 PM
5,111 ... 158159160161162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD