View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
01-15-15 08:42 AM
5,111 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with a rep and unfortunately they know nothing about the 4.5 upgrade fiasco since he said they are an outsource vendor and their center is in Colorado. He said the client never shares anything with vendors so he was sorry.

He said since Friday he has been beaten down on so many phone calls about this and he wish Verizon would just provide to keep the customers happy. The rep said they already receiving cancellations from customers not happy with the lack of customer service on this update. What is funny he also told me this is the biggest call driver since the Motorola Razor was released. I said what about the Storm he said yes they get those calls but 4.5 update is getting more calls.
    11-02-08 09:05 PM
    This is why those of us that are internal do not like when out source centers blow a bunch of smoke. This is why half the transfer I get daily are from them. VZW out source are not all bad that have some awesome techs there.

If people cancel their service over 4.5, then there are other factors.

People need to lighten up, I am sure there is a good reason why it is not out and why it was pulled.

As for the biggest driver since the moto release, I say he is full of B_S. I can tell you that just in the past 2-3 weeks, I have had 3 maybe 4 calls about the storm. As for the 4.5 this happened last night and I have not been in since last Friday.
    11-02-08 09:31 PM
    I need a rep to clarify, I saw on BGR that vzw is doing away with pay as you go data on 11/14, I have this on 3 family lines a chocolate an env and a moto. What does this mean to me? None of the 3 phones uses any data EXCEPT mms. Tell me they're not gonna try to jack me for $45 a month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 10:18 PM
    The post on BGR you are referring to pertains to PDA and Smart Phones. This would not affect the phones you mentioned.

11-02-08 11:08 PM
    Unless the moto is a Q then it may.

11-02-08 11:09 PM
    The post on BGR you are referring to pertains to PDA and Smart Phones. This would not affect the phones you mentioned.

That's what I thought at first, but they referenced voyagera and dares referring to the $15 plan, just want to make absolutely sure.

11-02-08 11:26 PM
    That's what I thought at first, but they referenced voyagera and dares referring to the $15 plan, just want to make absolutely sure.

I would think you would be grandfathered in anyway...
    11-03-08 12:02 AM
    Hey I have 2 questions:
    1. I have a family plan where the main line's contract expired but the add on line has yet to be expired. What happens if i cancel the main line?

2. With the rumor that phones like LG Dare and Voyager are going to be required to have the Vpak, is there a possibility that these phones will soon be available to those customers with an old America's Choice II plan?
    11-03-08 12:48 AM
    Hey sorry to change topic,

I have a curve 8330 for verizon. It's the 3rd one I have owned now in the past few months (long story). Anyway, my newest one I bought from some guy on ebay, BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED.

After a couple of days the side rail (charger jack side) is very creaky. It is so annoying. I don't even have to press hard, it does it when I pick it up.

The guy reassured me he didn't do anything to it. My other ones did not do this at all.

Is there a fix for this?
    11-03-08 12:54 AM

You are good. It is PDA's/Smartphones only bought after the november date. And it also may just be the phones RELEASED after those dates. You don't have to do Vcast and MMS is something totally unrelated and has nothing to do with any data plan ever, **Unless you consider the text plans data plans, which I don't**

All in all this is to get people to stop buying smartphones and not getting data plans, calling in for credits because they "Didn't use it". Also i'm sure the exclusivity of the Storm requires X amount of units to be sold. And to a normal consumer this is how it would go

"I want the storm"
    "We require a data plan"
    "What about the Q?'
    "No you don't HAVE to but we really really reccomend it"
    "Is it better?"
    "I don't think so, I think the storm obliterates the moto q and Windows Mobile in every way"
    "But no data plan?
    "yes no data plan"
    "I want that one!"

Thus taking away from VZW meeting it's quota potentially and the first true iphone competitor **in some ways** slips through the cracks.
    11-03-08 07:33 AM
    Hey sorry to change topic,

I have a curve 8330 for verizon. It's the 3rd one I have owned now in the past few months (long story). Anyway, my newest one I bought from some guy on ebay, BRAND NEW NEVER OPENED.

After a couple of days the side rail (charger jack side) is very creaky. It is so annoying. I don't even have to press hard, it does it when I pick it up.

The guy reassured me he didn't do anything to it. My other ones did not do this at all.

Is there a fix for this?
    Hate to tell ya this but go back to your Verizon supplied Curve, because nothing you can do for that, and VZW won't cover your phone from ebay.
    11-03-08 07:35 AM
    Hello,

I love the new BB Storm....and I would like to get one. I am a secondary line on a family shared plan. The Verizon site says this:

Eligible to upgrade with discounted pricing on 2/25/09. If you prefer, you can upgrade today at full retail price.Your contract end date is 06/27/09

I read that I can get an upgrade 4 months early for a fee of $20 and pay the 2yr upgrade price. Is this true?

THANKS SO MUCH!
    Paul
    With the information you have provided me the answer is definitely not possible.

A secondary line gets an upgrade every 20 months **4 months before contract end, that might be where you got 4 months** and that is the only upgrade they get.

A primary line on any FSP or someone that has a 900 minute plan or higher gets something called an "annual" upgrade. That is where you get an early upgrade **12 months since last discounted purchase** and get charged an early upgrade fee of $20

Hope this helps paul
    11-03-08 07:37 AM
    I just got off the phone with a rep and unfortunately they know nothing about the 4.5 upgrade fiasco since he said they are an outsource vendor and their center is in Colorado. He said the client never shares anything with vendors so he was sorry.

He said since Friday he has been beaten down on so many phone calls about this and he wish Verizon would just provide to keep the customers happy. The rep said they already receiving cancellations from customers not happy with the lack of customer service on this update. What is funny he also told me this is the biggest call driver since the Motorola Razor was released. I said what about the Storm he said yes they get those calls but 4.5 update is getting more calls.

I have not received one single call about OS 4.5, and I take about 50 a day. I gaurantee you this guy was just talking and making himself look innocent when he really had no answers to give you. People do that, and it's sickening.

Would you really listen to someone who talked so badly about the company he works for **directly or indirectly?**.

And also I agree with the other poster, no one is going to cancel their service over 4.5 not being available. Most people that would even KNOW about that OS will have enough smarts to load it on their phone from another provider, and not call verizon about it. And if the link isn't available anymore it's not verizon, it's blackberry. So that's that!
    11-03-08 07:41 AM
    Maybe if people were told WHY Verizon chooses to lock it out, the complaining MIGHT (maybe?) actually subside a little bit.

I have seen the question "when is VZW going to unlock GPS?" a thousand times on these boards... and the ONLY response I've ever seen is "they're not." No explanation, nothing.

The fact that GPS comes disabled by VZW on GPS-enabled devices is not specified on the website under any of the blackberries (as far as I am aware), nor did any of the reps in the Verizon store where I bought my curve explain to me that the GPS would be broken. I bought the Curve several months ago knowing (from my extensive pre-sale research) that it had built in GPS capabilities, and I looked forward to using it... boy, was I surprised to find out it didn't work. I actually took the first one back because I couldn't get it to work, and the Verizon rep exchanged it for me based on my telling him the GPS seemed broken. Why did nobody even explain it to me then? I only figured it out for myself by reading the posts here on Crackberry.

I am basically a satisfied Verizon customer of the past several years, and I have no plans to change carriers because of this... but it is slightly annoying. Kind of like buying a new car where you've been a loyal customer for your past 3-4 cars, and then finding out after the sale that you now have to pay the dealer $10 a month to use the AM/FM stereo to listen to FREE public radio stations.

So allow me to rephrase the question a little bit... and would one of you fine Verizon reps please respond at your convenience?

What is the "official" reasoning behind locking the GPS feature?

Again, this is not a "spiteful" post... I merely seek a slightly more wordy response than "no". Please don't start any flame wars over this.

Thank you for your time.
    I'll try to keep this short and concise.

There are potentially a lot of reasons, not that are relayed to reps.

But using a business mindset.

VZ Navigator is money first and foremost, and to require people to use it means people that want GPS are going to use that service POTENTIALLY. If they allowed free GPS on all their phones it would never be paid for except by a few. This effects things on alot of levels.

1: VZ Navigator is a predictable cash cow. This allows the company to plan, and use money ahead of time to make decisions. If you know "30% of our subscribers use VZ navigator, it's trending and gaining 2 % every half year, then this is the amount of cash flow we will potentially have" which enables you to make better business decisions and investments as a company. **IE: Network anyone?**

2: Money is good. It enables the company to pay the CEO the good money, then everyone underneath them, keeping for a typically happy employee base. It shows. Verizon is one of the tops in the US for cell phone providers **if not the best** and look at our results every quarter. When people love their company and love their job, results are inevitable. Look at T-Mobile, they have great benefits, and for a smaller carrier they have taken the number 1 spot for a long time. It helps.

3: More money = more training, more training = more education. While there are plenty of ******* out there, I will say this, I FULLY believe that Verizon Reps are some of the best out there when it comes to knowledge of their products and services. Every company has bad reps, but I do believe Verizon is a light in a dark crowd.

In the end, you can probably narrow it down to money, for all the reasons ive listed above. And because Verizon CAN do it. People that have verizon know they are paying a little more than AT$T. And expect it. It's not all that much more when you compare side by side, but it's a bit more expensive. Verizon has the image of a money hungry company **Which isn't great but meh** and they know that. ANY ANY ANY ANY other company would charge if it wouldn't send their customer base into a frenzy. I don't care what anyone says, this is not a point I **notice I mean me** believe could be argued. Verizon customers are already used to it, so it's nothing new, they just complain about it. Do that on AT&T, and just start enforcing it, the uproar would be insane, and the customer loss would be ridiculous.

That is my take on it. There are not alot of differences between at&t and verizon on a pricing tier. So with those minor differences **I mean honestly side by side it's a max of ~$40. That's assuming at&t DOESN'T require blackberry data services.** Verizon outperforms at&t in consumer surveys, network coverage, and all aspects pretty much every quarter, with a smaller customer base. I'm not bashing at&t I think they are a great company, but what in the sam **** are they doing with their money? So yeah, some customers pay a little bit more but look at the huge difference in the carriers **according to reports, not personal bias opinion please do NOT turn this into a carrier debate**
    Last edited by Rjsumthin; 11-03-08 at 07:59 AM.
    11-03-08 07:57 AM
    I have a family share Premium plan with 4 phones. Currently I use an EnV but since my good old PDA finally died, I an thinking about upgrading to a BB so I don't have to carry two devices and I can get better email, etc. The Storm sounds great. My question is: will I have to get a separate plan for the BB or does the Premium plan (with data) work?
    11-04-08 12:40 PM
    No it will not work that way.I have the same plan as you and had to get BB plan with it to work. Hope that helps!
    11-04-08 01:08 PM
    The premium plan will not work at all with a BB. I believe you can stay on the family plan and drop the BB to the select plan and add the data. Ths is how I have mine set up.
    11-04-08 07:06 PM
    Quick question.

I'm going in tomorrow to pick up my first BB. I'm getting the Curve now until the Storm comes out, then I'm gonna use the 30-day guarantee to upgrade to the Storm when it's out.

Anyways, I work at Boeing and have a 25% monthly discount if I go through their website. I can get me a Curve for free through Walmart but on VZW's site, it's $100.

Can I purchase it through Walmart and then call to get my 25% discount?
    11-05-08 03:01 AM
    Quick question.

I'm going in tomorrow to pick up my first BB. I'm getting the Curve now until the Storm comes out, then I'm gonna use the 30-day guarantee to upgrade to the Storm when it's out.

Anyways, I work at Boeing and have a 25% monthly discount if I go through their website. I can get me a Curve for free through Walmart but on VZW's site, it's $100.

Can I purchase it through Walmart and then call to get my 25% discount?
    Don't call, vzw.com/ryl

Also purchasing from Walmart means you'd have to exchange the phone at Walmart, you wouldn't be able to exchange the phone at a direct Verizon Wireless store...
    11-05-08 09:55 AM
    Is anyone @ VZW aware of the "speaker issue" many of us are experiencing with v4.5.0.77 OS for the Curve?

There are numerous posts throughout these forums of a scenario where, with the new OS, the speaker briefly turns on (and then off) when first answering a call on the handset. This only seems to happen when there is ambient noise on the callers side OR the caller is speaking at the time you answer the phone.

It appears this has been an issue since .77 was first released (on other CDMA carriers), and continues in the official Verizon release. It was not an issue in .51. It also sounds like the still exists in the .97 beta, which is circulating around.

What is the proper way to report this issue to VZW or RIM? Thx -
    11-05-08 09:59 AM
    Can I bring my curve into verizon and have them upgrade for me?
    11-05-08 01:26 PM
    Can I bring my curve into verizon and have them upgrade for me?
    No You can send your Curve to me, along with some money and I will do it for you
    11-05-08 01:35 PM
    lolol. Gee thanks!
    11-05-08 02:06 PM
    Is anyone @ VZW aware of the "speaker issue" many of us are experiencing with v4.5.0.77 OS for the Curve?

There are numerous posts throughout these forums of a scenario where, with the new OS, the speaker briefly turns on (and then off) when first answering a call on the handset. This only seems to happen when there is ambient noise on the callers side OR the caller is speaking at the time you answer the phone.

It appears this has been an issue since .77 was first released (on other CDMA carriers), and continues in the official Verizon release. It was not an issue in .51. It also sounds like the still exists in the .97 beta, which is circulating around.

What is the proper way to report this issue to VZW or RIM? Thx -
    You call TEch support so it get documented, or log into you VZ my acount on line and sent a report though the contact us link
    11-05-08 04:03 PM
    I have not received one single call about OS 4.5, and I take about 50 a day. I gaurantee you this guy was just talking and making himself look innocent when he really had no answers to give you. People do that, and it's sickening.

Would you really listen to someone who talked so badly about the company he works for **directly or indirectly?**.

And also I agree with the other poster, no one is going to cancel their service over 4.5 not being available. Most people that would even KNOW about that OS will have enough smarts to load it on their phone from another provider, and not call verizon about it. And if the link isn't available anymore it's not verizon, it's blackberry. So that's that!
    Hey you slacker, you only take 50 calls in your center? My ACPD is about the same or a little higher, and I will confirm that I have not had a single call about the v. 4.5 whatsoever. In fact I was talking to a tech in my building today and they had no idea it was officially released!

And, unfortunately, I must agree the outsourced rep was feeding you a line of crap.
    11-05-08 09:23 PM
5,111 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD