View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    I want to upgrade my phone with a different member's on the family plans upgrade. How do I do this online so I get the instant $100 off instead of $100 mail in rebate
    Upgrade the line that is eligable. Activate the device on that line when you get it, then switch it to your line.
    11-24-09 09:08 PM
    I have a question about multifru. Our familys contract is going to end somewhere in Nov. 2010 but my upgrade date is in march 2010. If I use the multifru to get rid of my storm would my upgrade date getting pushed back 20 months also push back the contract date? Or would it be the same date?

Thank you ahead of time, I couldn't get a clear answer from reps over the phone and in the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 01:10 AM
    I sent vzw cs a email regarding upgrading my phone, how long does it take to get a reply? Sent the email about a week ago.

11-25-09 01:51 AM
    Um should only take 24-48 hours. You did it from "Contact Us?" Was your reply email correct?
    11-25-09 01:52 AM
    I have a question about multifru. Our familys contract is going to end somewhere in Nov. 2010 but my upgrade date is in march 2010. If I use the multifru to get rid of my storm would my upgrade date getting pushed back 20 months also push back the contract date? Or would it be the same date?

Thank you ahead of time, I couldn't get a clear answer from reps over the phone and in the store.

It pushes it 20 months from the date you do the multi fru. Even if it surpasses your contract.
    11-25-09 01:53 AM
    It pushes it 20 months from the date you do the multi fru. Even if it surpasses your contract.
    As an aside on this - am I correct in saying that just because someone has had say three mythical replacements - they don't automatically get this multi-fru process, right?

I don't want the details, because it would only serve to add fuel to the fire of many - just a simple confirmation or correction is all.
    11-25-09 02:21 AM
    I sent vzw cs a email regarding upgrading my phone, how long does it take to get a reply? Sent the email about a week ago.

Should be within 24 hours, that's the goal.
    11-25-09 02:27 AM
    As an aside on this - am I correct in saying that just because someone has had say three mythical replacements - they don't automatically get this multi-fru process, right?

I don't want the details, because it would only serve to add fuel to the fire of many - just a simple confirmation or correction is all.
    No they do not get it automatically, its supposed to be requested. If not CLNR's can be sent as many times within that 1 year or 2 with extended.
    11-25-09 02:28 AM

It's not automatic and completely discretionary.

Your warranty covers the same phone, the lemon law does not apply to cell phones, and the multi exchange is a courtesy.
    11-25-09 02:35 AM
    Thanks everyone...I had talked to a rep who said if after this storm if it still doesn't work properly then I should be able to multifru but I wanted info because my dad still doesn't know if he wants to renew his contract. Guess I will just have to keep switching storms. This one coming in today will be my sixth in two weeks.

11-25-09 12:11 PM
    How often can u change the primary line to the secondary and vice versa with in a contract on a family plan?
    11-25-09 03:06 PM
    Thanks everyone...I had talked to a rep who said if after this storm if it still doesn't work properly then I should be able to multifru but I wanted info because my dad still doesn't know if he wants to renew his contract. Guess I will just have to keep switching storms. This one coming in today will be my sixth in two weeks.

Do you find things wrong with it just to exchange it out? Sounds like user error or just plain looking for perfection.

11-25-09 03:35 PM

Wow, 6 in 2 weeks...what does your dad do to these phones? That's excessive.
    11-25-09 04:33 PM
    How often can u change the primary line to the secondary and vice versa with in a contract on a family plan?
    I believe the system allows you to chnage up to 3 time a month, but why? This will cause overages, prorations and you lose the NE2....
    11-25-09 04:35 PM
    When i got my BB they moved mine to the secondary line and my wifes to primary so she would be eligible for NE2. Now i see i will be losing my data discount since mine is secondary. I even asked about the corporate discount being on secondary and was assured it was ok. But apparently moving mine back to primary to retain discount is not possible since I read another post saying a BB cannot be primary on a connect plan. Any suggestions?
    11-25-09 06:05 PM
    @Weekendbum
    no user error here. I take care of my storm but the first time I had it replace is when everything started going wrong. I am not a customer that has to have a perfect device, I just want a device that actually works. I always open the replacement box in front of the store rep and let her take a look at it so she knows I'm not trying to rip vzw off.

@supermario28 its the my phone, my dad turned his storm in and got a droid. I didnt get the like new replacement phones I got some different kind of replacement phones.

11-25-09 06:20 PM
    Are there going to be any Blackberry Storm2 deals Black Friday? only one line on our plan is due for an upgrade so I am pretty much screwed for the BOGO Deal
    11-25-09 09:38 PM
    When i got my BB they moved mine to the secondary line and my wifes to primary so she would be eligible for NE2. Now i see i will be losing my data discount since mine is secondary. I even asked about the corporate discount being on secondary and was assured it was ok. But apparently moving mine back to primary to retain discount is not possible since I read another post saying a BB cannot be primary on a connect plan. Any suggestions?
    BB can not be primary on a Connect plan as it provides data for non smartphones. I recommend doing the math and see what saves you more, the discount as a whole with your wife as primary or your line as primary and the data discount. VZW recently did a system scrub on all employer discounts, as some people were getting secondary discounts that were not offered by their employer.
    11-25-09 09:58 PM
    Are there going to be any Blackberry Storm2 deals Black Friday? only one line on our plan is due for an upgrade so I am pretty much screwed for the BOGO Deal
    I'm with you on that....wish there was a way you could meet up with people in the store and take advantage of BOGO.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
    11-26-09 07:52 AM
    If I forward all calls to another number, what sort of charges will I incur? Will I still be charged for the minutes used in the call, will there be a forwarding fee of some sort?
    11-27-09 06:16 PM
    If I forward all calls to another number, what sort of charges will I incur? Will I still be charged for the minutes used in the call, will there be a forwarding fee of some sort?

Call Forwarding

Description

Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service. Airtime applies to forwarded/transferred calls even if you send the call to wireline telephones. When forwarding calls to phone numbers outside your local calling area, you'll be billed for any toll, long distance, and airtime charges incurred. Additional per-minute charges may apply to all forwarded calls. This feature is also known as "Immediate Call Forwarding".

How to Get It

Call Forwarding is an included feature that is typically added to your account when you first activate service. If you wish to confirm you have this feature, sign in to My Verizon and select "My Plan" and then select "Add/change features".

How to Use It

To Activate:

1. Press *72.
    2. Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded. (e.g. *72-908-123-4567).
    3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.
    4. Press END.

To Deactivate:

1. Press *73.
    2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.
    3. Press END.
    11-27-09 06:22 PM
    Hey all sorry for the absence, even with my bb i still have no time lol
    11-28-09 09:39 AM

Call Forwarding

Description

Forward your calls to another phone number, including your home or office number. Your wireless phone will not ring until you deactivate the service. Airtime applies to forwarded/transferred calls even if you send the call to wireline telephones. When forwarding calls to phone numbers outside your local calling area, you'll be billed for any toll, long distance, and airtime charges incurred. Additional per-minute charges may apply to all forwarded calls. This feature is also known as "Immediate Call Forwarding".

How to Get It

Call Forwarding is an included feature that is typically added to your account when you first activate service. If you wish to confirm you have this feature, sign in to My Verizon and select "My Plan" and then select "Add/change features".

How to Use It

To Activate:

1. Press *72.
    2. Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded. (e.g. *72-908-123-4567).
    3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.
    4. Press END.

To Deactivate:

1. Press *73.
    2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone or a message.
    3. Press END.
    If only Verizon maintained a web site with this sort of information....
    11-28-09 08:09 PM
    If only Verizon maintained a web site with this sort of information....
    Yeah I know right?? They should copy/paste my post so they'll have the information on the site..
    11-28-09 08:16 PM
    I appreciate the help, as well as the sarcasm. I was on my Blackberry and needed an answer quickly. I couldn't navigate Verizon's webpage from the BB.
    11-28-09 09:14 PM
5,111 ... 157158159160161 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD