View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Upgrade Question:

I am eligible now for my annual upgrade but my NE2 isn't until 2/18/10.

I really want a Droid and my wife wants to get me one for Christmas but if I use the annual upgrade I lose my NE2 $100 credit.

What are the chances of Verizon letting me get the NE2 credit some time next month, essentially 2 months early?
    11-13-09 11:09 AM
    I have a replacement being sent to me, and I am running 5.0.0.230 on my Tour currently. Do I need to install 4.7 when I return it? Do they care? Or do they just wipe the device right when they get it? Thanks in advance.
    11-13-09 11:20 AM
    Good point, luckily I am using OWA with BIS so that part seems ok, but what about the phone service itself? Will I be able to use the phone and data/internet etc on the new BB? Thats what making me unsure about getting the Storm, not being able to port everything over and have a big hassle on my hands....lol
    Thanks for the reply, any more info info on the subject would be appreciated
    From the info provided by you, Yes the data and phone will work fine.
    11-13-09 11:32 AM
    Upgrade Question:

I really want a Droid and my wife wants to get me one for Christmas but if I use the annual upgrade I lose my NE2 $100 credit.

What are the chances of Verizon letting me get the NE2 credit some time next month, essentially 2 months early?
    All you can do is call VZW and plead your case. No one here will tell you that it will or will not happen
    11-13-09 11:33 AM
    I have a replacement being sent to me, and I am running 5.0.0.230 on my Tour currently. Do I need to install 4.7 when I return it? Do they care? Or do they just wipe the device right when they get it? Thanks in advance.
    I would. If the device is throughly check upon return and it found that the OS caused the problem, then you have voided the warr and can be charged full replacement cost.
    11-13-09 11:34 AM
    Ah ok, thanks for the response!
    11-13-09 12:57 PM
    BBMaps functionality, the limited HTML email capability, numerous browser enhancements & 3rd part app compatibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for the reply
    11-17-09 10:14 AM
    I have a Droid that I bought three days ago. I am not going to keep it, I am thinking of either A) going back to my 8330 or B) Getting a Tour. If I go back to the Curve, can I upgrade later? (I am using my yearly upgrade)

Is there a limit to how much I can use the phone before I give it back? I am a heavy user and want to make sure this wont be an issue.
    11-17-09 03:53 PM
    Upgrade Question:

Most likely not, but as

with all things like this all you can do is ask and hope!

I have a Droid that I bought three days ago. I am not going to keep it, I am thinking of either A) going back to my 8330 or B) Getting a Tour. If I go back to the Curve, can I upgrade later? (I am using my yearly upgrade)

Is there a limit to how much I can use the phone before I give it back? I am a heavy user and want to make sure this wont be an issue.
    You have a 30 day worry free guarantee, but if you know you arent keeping it i would do it soon just in case you void the warrantee by accident somehow, and yes if you go back to your old device the dates will all reset and you will still have that upgrade.
    11-17-09 05:15 PM
    Somebody please tell me verizon will let 8330 users upgrade early if they want the new curve!!
    11-19-09 11:03 PM
    Somebody please tell me verizon will let 8330 users upgrade early if they want the new curve!!
    Only if you qualify,or are willing to pay full price.
    11-20-09 08:21 AM
    Just curious.. with Sprint's $99 unlimited plan.. Other than a little better coverage what is worth $50+ dollars more per month for the same thing? I really do like Verizon the best but it really seems like they are pretty high priced..
    11-22-09 12:23 AM
    Just curious.. with Sprint's $99 unlimited plan.. Other than a little better coverage what is worth $50+ dollars more per month for the same thing? I really do like Verizon the best but it really seems like they are pretty high priced..
    There is a huge difference in pricing - and much of the claimed advantages are never realized. Do you go out into the middle of nowhere? If you do, how often? Would it hurt you to possibly be out of a service area? Is there VZW service in that area but no Sprint (highly doubtful)?

Family share plans with smartphone data packages is where VZW really bends you over, with premiums of as much as $50 per additional line extra money.

Need a family locator of type of service or usage controls? Check out VZW's rates of $5-$10 per line (five lines equals $50). Then notice Sprint is $5 per account.

When all is said & done, is VZW worth $600+ more per year for effectively fewer features?

VZW has a lot of people suckered into believing they are worth all of the extra money. For me, they are because I do find myself out in the sticks a lot. For probably 95% of VZW customers, they'd never notice any difference other than the lower bill.

And anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is misled or lying.

11-22-09 02:29 AM
    With VZW mandated data plans on these new phones they are getting, I am looking hard at Sprint. Once my kids start upgrading my bill will be about $300 a month with VZW. I price checked sprint and with what we will need, before taxes is $189. I live in a Major Metro area, and travel very little. Being raped by VZW will stop, I just have to figure out if I want to pay 5 ETF or wait until a couple of the phones are out of contract.

Stick with sprint if your okay with the coverage you get.

11-22-09 07:26 AM
    With VZW mandated data plans on these new phones they are getting, I am looking hard at Sprint. Once my kids start upgrading my bill will be about $300 a month with VZW. I price checked sprint and with what we will need, before taxes is $189. I live in a Major Metro area, and travel very little. Being raped by VZW will stop, I just have to figure out if I want to pay 5 ETF or wait until a couple of the phones are out of contract.

Stick with sprint if your okay with the coverage you get.

ANd this was posted in ask a rep? What are you asking?
    11-22-09 05:32 PM
    ANd this was posted in ask a rep? What are you asking?
    I was not asking a thing, I was responding to another post, but I was on my blackberry and I guess I forgot to quote the post.
    11-22-09 05:37 PM
    I was not asking a thing, I was responding to another post, but I was on my blackberry and I guess I forgot to quote the post.
    OIC will miss ya. But do understand
    11-22-09 05:42 PM
    Is there a price difference between the Blackberry data plan and the plan for Android? Also, is the data plan for Android unlimited like BB?
    11-23-09 01:10 AM
    Is there a price difference between the Blackberry data plan and the plan for Android? Also, is the data plan for Android unlimited like BB?
    There is no difference (29.99) and it is still unlimited.
    11-23-09 01:21 AM
    A friend of mine purchased a Tour full retail while he has a company issued Curve, I was told he could "switch" or "port" his work curve phone number, email addy etc without any issue to his Tour. What does he have to do to make this happen? Is it a simple call to VZW or an online thing?
    Is it true that his employer does not need to authorize the swap? He is kinda freaking out about this and bugging me in the process to get an answer.
    Any help is appreciated.
    11-23-09 01:05 PM
    Is the friend simply putting the Tour on the line provided by the employer or is the friend no longer in the employ of the firm providing the phone, and wants to keep the number?

If the former, as long as the friend is listed on the account as one who can make ESN changes, then it's a simple ESN change, *228 the new phone and go. If he's not listed on the account as one who can make an ESN change, then whomever at his employer that has that ability will have to make the ESN change.

IF the latter, then the employer's account manager/person listed as the main contact would have to sign-off on letting the friend assume liability for the contract on his line, and would make the payments going forward - then they could easily swap a phone on the account.
    11-23-09 05:16 PM
    What's the latest version of VZ Nav for BlackBerry, Lastraid?

11-24-09 04:33 AM
    not 100% sure but I believe is 4. something. I have not heard of any new upgrades.
    11-24-09 05:44 PM
    There are two versions of VZ-Nav... a Global one for the obvious devices, and another for non-global devices.
    11-24-09 06:49 PM
    I want to upgrade my phone with a different member's on the family plans upgrade. How do I do this online so I get the instant $100 off instead of $100 mail in rebate
    11-24-09 08:09 PM
5,111 ... 156157158159160 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD