View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    If you are eligible for a 1 year upgrade and purchase a new phone, then take it back and exchange it for a different phone within the 30 days is it absolute that you can't exchange for another phone? If not, can you just take back the phone and have your old phone reconnected? Basically, I know it states only one exchange...but does that mean you can't return the phone at all (not exchanging it)?

Thanks.
    11-09-09 06:54 PM
    Ok, I've tried to sort through the sometimes conflicting information in this thread regarding the annual upgrade, but I'm still unclear. So here goes:

I am an Alltel transfer with the $89.99 SmartPack 500 plan. Contract start date was 10.17.08. I am the primary line on the account.

I imagine I do not have VIP status with Verizon considering I'm technically a new customer, so I realize there would be a fee for the annual upgrade.

But my question is, is my line eligible for an annual upgrade at this time?
    11-09-09 07:23 PM
    Ok, I've tried to sort through the sometimes conflicting information in this thread regarding the annual upgrade, but I'm still unclear. So here goes:

I am an Alltel transfer with the $89.99 SmartPack 500 plan. Contract start date was 10.17.08. I am the primary line on the account.

I imagine I do not have VIP status with Verizon considering I'm technically a new customer, so I realize there would be a fee for the annual upgrade.

But my question is, is my line eligible for an annual upgrade at this time?
    It sounds like you should be... I would give Customer Care a ring just to make sure.
    11-10-09 10:14 AM
    Firstly I know I could ask verizon but thier customer skills match RIM's...great product crapola service backup

so Girlie wants to add me to her service for a single user and change it to one that will take both of us

her current contract is one year old on the 31st December on a two year contract and she hates her lg v1000 something and wants a pure flip phone only but I need a email phone

I was put off blackberrys when I got the storm 1 but now realise a keyboard blackberry will be fine..probably a tour

when can she upgrade her phone? and will she be able to add me?...will that mean a new 2 year contract? and lastly what is the best plan that allows one person to talk a lot (her) and another person to txt and email a lot(me)

Thanks to anyone that replies
    11-10-09 10:59 AM
    It sounds like you should be... I would give Customer Care a ring just to make sure.
    Ok. A couple other things. To do the annual upgrade you have to extend your contract for two years, correct? If so, does that mean I lose my Alltel plan and have to go to a Verizon plan?

Second, is there a discount for Federal Employees, and if so, what proof do you need to receive the discount?

Thanks!
    11-10-09 12:27 PM
    Ok. A couple other things. To do the annual upgrade you have to extend your contract for two years, correct? If so, does that mean I lose my Alltel plan and have to go to a Verizon plan?

Second, is there a discount for Federal Employees, and if so, what proof do you need to receive the discount?

Thanks!
    I don't think AllTel plans are offered annual upgrade unless it was a standard offer they had.
    To add a discount you would probably have to change to VZW pricing as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 04:09 PM

Thanks!
    Semantics are a wonderful thing, no?

If you are eligible for an "annual upgrade" you're in a two year contract and would need to sign another two year contract upon upgrading your device.

If you're on a one year contract, I suppose you're technically eligible for an annual upgrade and could sign another one year contract, but the term "annual upgrade" is usually associated with price plans of $59.99/month or higher.

I don't deal with a lot of Alltel customers in my area but I'm 99.99% positive you're going to have to switch to a VZW Nationwide Plan.

To sign up for your employee discount, you need a paystub or a photo ID from your employer. You can also go to verizonwireless.com, register for a My Verizon account and click on the business tab. Then, click on employee discount and follow the instructions (you'll need an email through your employer.)
    11-10-09 05:37 PM
    hey guys- just a quick question, as I can't stand my 8330 anymore..it's slowly falling apart and I'm kinda stuck as to what to do..I'm due for an annual upgrade on January 30th 2010, but my curve (as I said) is slowly falling apart, my space button and enter button barely ever work (still don't know why, I haven't spilled anything on em or anything) and I'm not getting all of my emails, and verizon isn't sure why..so it has to be my phone..and I have to do a good 3-4 battery pulls a day, because the thing locks up so much. So, is there anyway I can be upgraded earlier then 1/30? Since I'm getting close to my upgrade date? Or am I just stuck with this phone until Jan.30th? I mean, I've never been a fussy customer..I've never had any issues with verizon or my curve up until now..but this phone is driving me nuts..

Thanks ahead of time
    11-10-09 07:36 PM
    hey guys- just a quick question, as I can't stand my 8330 anymore..it's slowly falling apart and I'm kinda stuck as to what to do..I'm due for an annual upgrade on January 30th 2010, but my curve (as I said) is slowly falling apart, my space button and enter button barely ever work (still don't know why, I haven't spilled anything on em or anything) and I'm not getting all of my emails, and verizon isn't sure why..so it has to be my phone..and I have to do a good 3-4 battery pulls a day, because the thing locks up so much. So, is there anyway I can be upgraded earlier then 1/30? Since I'm getting close to my upgrade date? Or am I just stuck with this phone until Jan.30th? I mean, I've never been a fussy customer..I've never had any issues with verizon or my curve up until now..but this phone is driving me nuts..

Thanks ahead of time
    Did you ask the rep you spoke with that could not figure out why you are not getting your mail? What was his/her answer?
    11-10-09 08:44 PM
    Did you ask the rep you spoke with that could not figure out why you are not getting your mail? What was his/her answer?
    yeah i had brought it up and she said that it may be that my "network towers" haven't been updated since jan 30th of 2009..so she gave me instructions on how to update them myself and i did it and i'm still missing emails, getting emails days after receiving them in my inbox, etc..so i figure its gotta be my phone..she seemed pretty darn concerned, but it just didn't help @ all
    11-10-09 08:59 PM
    Just wanted to stop by here and say a big THANK YOU to a verizon rep today....I had a STORM1 which was very glitchy and traded it in for a TOUR then I had 4 Tours all either have trackball or software issues and then today i decided to claim the 3fly/foul rule and the rep helped me out by sending a new STORM2 ...Should be here in a couple days so i will post again when it gets here. That's part of the reason I'm A Verizon/Blackberry customer ...they have been very patient with me when these problems aren't my fault they really stepped up to the plate ....So a big Thanks goes out and letting them know I'm stick'n with them and I will be a Blackberry customer indefinitely.. By the way if anyone has a problem talk to C.S. over the phone they always seem to be more helpful at least for me anyways. Hope the STORM 2 is better than the first.
    11-10-09 09:09 PM
    Just wanted to stop by here and say a big THANK YOU to a verizon rep today....I had a STORM1 which was very glitchy and traded it in for a TOUR then I had 4 Tours all either have trackball or software issues and then today i decided to claim the 3fly/foul rule and the rep helped me out by sending a new STORM2 ...Should be here in a couple days so i will post again when it gets here. That's part of the reason I'm A Verizon/Blackberry customer ...they have been very patient with me when these problems aren't my fault they really stepped up to the plate ....So a big Thanks goes out and letting them know I'm stick'n with them and I will be a Blackberry customer indefinitely.. By the way if anyone has a problem talk to C.S. over the phone they always seem to be more helpful at least for me anyways. Hope the STORM 2 is better than the first.
    And how long do you think you'll have that S2 before it gives you problems? Everyone we've had here had at least one problem - from interface to OS to radio performance. The failure rate isn't far off S1.

But if you're happy trading one problem for another...
    11-10-09 11:53 PM
    Here goes guys, did a BBM upgrade on a s2 and after we were done there was no icon on the screen/ did the normal stuff/ show all/ serv books batt pull/ no luck. where oh where did my icon go...........
    11-11-09 04:33 PM
    Here goes guys, did a BBM upgrade on a s2 and after we were done there was no icon on the screen/ did the normal stuff/ show all/ serv books batt pull/ no luck. where oh where did my icon go...........
    Try deleting/reinstalling. That should fix it.

11-11-09 07:11 PM
    I am currently thinking about adding a line of service and upping my minutes. If I change my plan and add a line online, will I lose my employee discount? I want to save some money with the instant discounts but don't want to lose my employee discount. Any help is appreciated
    11-11-09 11:03 PM
    Why would you lose your employee discount?
    11-11-09 11:05 PM
    I only ask because my brother changed his plan and added a line back and June and his discount dropped from his account. Dont want to have the same troubles
    11-11-09 11:28 PM
    I don't know but i love Blackberries. lol
    11-12-09 12:15 AM
    I have a question: I have a family plan, and my wife and I are 1 year into the 2 yr contract. My phone (the primary) is eliable for a 1 yr upgrade. But my wife's line isn't until her 20 month aniv. (July) What are the chances of finding a rep somewhere (store/online?) that will allow her line to qualify for the upgrade price for a new phone? Is it at all possible, or are we stuck until July?
    11-12-09 08:03 AM
    My sister is up for an upgrade, I am thinking about moving her to a blackberry. Should I push her towards a tour? If not a blackberry, what is your favorite phone that would be good for someone that is coming from a non-smart (really dumb lol) flip and wanting something good for txt/email.
    11-12-09 01:58 PM
    So as the title says, I had a 8330 and it fell in the ocean. In hopes of retaining BES, BIS, BBM, & Browser, I was going to buy a 8703e off ebay for cheap and use it till my upgrade in a few months. Someone told me I would lose a lot of funtionality and I would like to ask what works on the 8330 (natively as I don't use any 3rd party apps) that wouldn't work on the 7250? Or, please recomend another inexpensive BB (like less that $20) and I want it to be non-trackball (I hate them) Thanks!!
    Last edited by vinndy; 11-12-09 at 02:39 PM.
    11-12-09 02:25 PM
    So as the title says, I had a 8330 and it fell in the ocean. In hopes of retaining BES, BIS, BBM, & Browser, I was going to buy a 8703e off ebay for cheap and use it till my upgrade in a few months. Someone told me I would lose a lot of funtionality and I would like to ask what works on the 8330 (natively as I don't use any 3rd party apps) that wouldn't work on the 7250? Or, please recomend another inexpensive BB (like less that $20) and I want it to be non-trackball (I hate them) Thanks!!
    BBMaps functionality, the limited HTML email capability, numerous browser enhancements & 3rd part app compatibility.

11-12-09 05:23 PM
    I currently have a company issue BB and I am in process to get a Storm2 for personal use. My question is, can I port my work phone number, my OWA I use through BIS without alot of hassle from my IT people, or can VZW do it for me without issue? I really don't want to have to contact IT or our company rep who handles our phones because it is a very painful process dealing with them for any phone related questions. I plan to switch between the BB's from time to time, and was hoping for a seamless transition.
    Please let me know what you guys think about my plan.

Thanks,
    11-12-09 07:42 PM
    I currently have a company issue BB and I am in process to get a Storm2 for personal use. My question is, can I port my work phone number, my OWA I use through BIS without alot of hassle from my IT people, or can VZW do it for me without issue? I really don't want to have to contact IT or our company rep who handles our phones because it is a very painful process dealing with them for any phone related questions. I plan to switch between the BB's from time to time, and was hoping for a seamless transition.
    Please let me know what you guys think about my plan.

Thanks,
    Kinda risky since your work provides your phone. If it is OWA, there should be no problem. All you have to do is get your PIN number and MEID entered in the BIS and the mail will come to the other device. If you are in BES server though, not going to happen witih activating your phone to the BES. This requires IT contact.
    11-12-09 07:53 PM
    Good point, luckily I am using OWA with BIS so that part seems ok, but what about the phone service itself? Will I be able to use the phone and data/internet etc on the new BB? Thats what making me unsure about getting the Storm, not being able to port everything over and have a big hassle on my hands....lol
    Thanks for the reply, any more info info on the subject would be appreciated
    11-12-09 08:20 PM
5,111 ... 155156157158159 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD