View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Question for any VZW Telesales reps. I just placed an order with a extremely helpful rep, Terrance. At the end of the order, he verified my order, price, and that it would be added to my bill and asked if there was anything else I needed. I asked for a tracking number, which he said would be sent to my email address, which he verified. Over an hour later, no email. I called to check on order, but they said I need an order number, which I did not get.

Did I screw up and hang up on him too soon (he said thank you, and I thought we were done) or am I just nervous about my first time over the phone order and being too impatient?
    11-05-09 02:42 PM
    Question for any VZW Telesales reps. I just placed an order with a extremely helpful rep, Terrance. At the end of the order, he verified my order, price, and that it would be added to my bill and asked if there was anything else I needed. I asked for a tracking number, which he said would be sent to my email address, which he verified. Over an hour later, no email. I called to check on order, but they said I need an order number, which I did not get.

Did I screw up and hang up on him too soon (he said thank you, and I thought we were done) or am I just nervous about my first time over the phone order and being too impatient?
    Tracking number will be issued upon receipt by the shipping carrier - that could be later in the day, but is generally emailed to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 03:07 PM
    Ok...I'm just nervous, because I didn't get an order number from him, so they can't look it up for some reason at Telesales. It's a hassle to call back in and place the order again, then I'll be really upset if I accidentally double order by doing it. I'm just impatient. I'll give to till later this evening.

Thanks, Twins.
    11-05-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah and sometimes they take a few hours so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
    11-05-09 03:13 PM
    Go to your vzw.com billing area and see if there is a order pending
    11-05-09 03:31 PM
    No on both - you can change your plan without affecting your dates or your contract.

This is so basic, I'm sure it's been answered before, but I've tried several searches on this thread and couldn't come up with anything, so here goes:

I have a plain old singleton (non-family line) contract with VZW, phone ($39.99/mo.) plus BB data. Contract's not up 'til mid-2011. If I decide sometime between now and then to go with a more expensive plan (i.e., for more minutes a month, because I'm getting rid of my land line), does that affect my contract date and/or my NE2 eligibility?

thanks very much for any help!
    Thanks so much, TwinsX2! Now I'll repay you for your kindness with a followup question: I guess this cuts the other way as well? Meaning, if I want to upgrade to a higher plan before the end of my original contract date or my NE2 date, that doesn't mean I'm entitled to upgrade my phone at its reduced, "new contract" price as of the date I initiate the higher plan?

thanks again!
    11-05-09 04:32 PM
    Please disregard if you don't know, can't answer, or don't want to: Will the MotoDroid be available on the normal VZW online sales page, or will it have it's own following the marketing theme? (can i order it mobile without flash?)(I think I can shop with opera mini, everything I've tried indicates I can)
    11-05-09 05:28 PM
    Yeah and sometimes they take a few hours so I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
    Well, I was worried for no reason...called back a few hours later and the order was now on the account. An hour after that, I received the confirmation email with the tracking number. I should have two new Storm2s tomorrow by 3pm! Thanks, Twins and BnB!
    11-05-09 08:43 PM
    Thanks so much, TwinsX2! Now I'll repay you for your kindness with a followup question: I guess this cuts the other way as well? Meaning, if I want to upgrade to a higher plan before the end of my original contract date or my NE2 date, that doesn't mean I'm entitled to upgrade my phone at its reduced, "new contract" price as of the date I initiate the higher plan?

thanks again!
    You knoa, I am unsure what the details are on that - I think the NE2 is based on being at or above a certain rate for X amount of time - I don't know how how long that is. As for the early upgrade, I think it is based on having the qualifying plan for at least a year, but again, I may be wrong on the timing.

The basics, I know - as those are advertised to me regularly. What the conditions are, I am not too current with those, as I don't sign contracts or get subsidized equipment. A VZW rep should be able to shed some more light on the matter.

11-05-09 10:07 PM
    Please disregard if you don't know, can't answer, or don't want to: Will the MotoDroid be available on the normal VZW online sales page, or will it have it's own following the marketing theme? (can i order it mobile without flash?)(I think I can shop with opera mini, everything I've tried indicates I can)
    They will be on the regular VZW site shortly - one did appear briefly, just a little while ago.

You can work the order using Opera, but it is error-prone. You might get the order processed or you might place an order that goes nowhere.

Now, if you had Opera Mobile or PIE6, it would be no problem - but those don't run on BlackBerry. Or Android.

11-05-09 10:13 PM
    They will be on the regular VZW site shortly - one did appear briefly, just a little while ago.

You can work the order using Opera, but it is error-prone. You might get the order processed or you might place an order that goes nowhere.

Now, if you had Opera Mobile or PIE6, it would be no problem - but those don't run on BlackBerry. Or Android.
    alright, opera mobile is looking like too much for my blackjack 1 to handle.. trying to find this PIE6 now.

Dude, if I get this accomplished, is there some way to direct a commission your way?

11-05-09 11:05 PM
    alright, opera mobile is looking like too much for my blackjack 1 to handle.. trying to find this PIE6 now.
    PIE6 comes with WM6.5, which is not available on Blackjack.

11-05-09 11:44 PM
    bah, didn't work out.... now I don't want the phone anymore (frustration killed the hype impulse). Thanks still, though, Twin. I do appreciate your help very much.

11-06-09 01:14 AM

Android doesn't need Opera - it has a REAL browser built right in. Even better on the HTC Hero with flash support..
    11-06-09 01:29 AM
    Android doesn't need Opera - it has a REAL browser built right in. Even better on the HTC Hero with flash support..
    CHROME?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Now that's funny!

11-06-09 01:43 AM
    Question....Just got my two new Storm2s. My wife is out of town, so I didn't want to activate hers and kill her Pearl. I called to activate mine and accept my new Verizon contract (switching from Alltel). I then called *228 from my Storm, option 1...but it keeps saying it can't program my phone. No joy from myverizon either...keeps saying my MEID or phone number is invalid, even though it shows I now have a 9550 as my device. And of course my Curve won't work either and Customer service is now closed. Am I hosed until my wife gets back in town and activate both of our new services?
    11-07-09 12:58 AM
    At this time I would call CS - you have tried to activate the wrong MEID on your account. You mave activated the one one that should go on the wifes account.
    11-07-09 08:34 AM

thanks again!
    You knoa, I am unsure what the details are on that - I think the NE2 is based on being at or above a certain rate for X amount of time - I don't know how how long that is. As for the early upgrade, I think it is based on having the qualifying plan for at least a year, but again, I may be wrong on the timing.

The basics, I know - as those are advertised to me regularly. What the conditions are, I am not too current with those, as I don't sign contracts or get subsidized equipment. A VZW rep should be able to shed some more light on the matter.

Any reps on here with any ideas about an answer to my question? If you decide, in the middle of your contract term, to upgrade to a more expensive contract, does that entitle you to upgrade your phone early at a discounted price? TIA!
    11-07-09 09:41 AM
    Hope you can help here - last night I was recording video (about 15 mins) and the phone shut off right at the end and rebooted itself. I didn't think much till this am when I tried to view the video - I get loading for a few seconds the this error messege

error playing

! The media being played is of an unsupported format.

Is there a way to recover this footage? I pulled the card and tried to play in my laptop to no avail - nearly same messege. Any help is appreciated
    Last edited by rayzryd266; 11-07-09 at 09:50 AM. Reason: edit: I have several videos on the card thay play fine from the same event
    11-07-09 09:49 AM
    15 min seems a bit long for a vid. but not undoable. Since the device shut down it may not have ended the data properly and it is corrupt. SOund like an SOL situation. Sorry
    11-07-09 09:56 AM
    15 min seems a bit long for a vid. but not undoable. Since the device shut down it may not have ended the data properly and it is corrupt. SOund like an SOL situation. Sorry
    Ya - I thought I was pushing the limit there, but it appeared to be filming just fine. I literally had my finger on the end button when it stopped on it's own. I just hate that I may not be able to recover the footage. I will save the file in in another folder just in case I find a fix down the road. Thanks for the input
    11-07-09 02:15 PM
    Any reps on here with any ideas about an answer to my question? If you decide, in the middle of your contract term, to upgrade to a more expensive contract, does that entitle you to upgrade your phone early at a discounted price? TIA!
    No, it does not. It's simply a price plan change, not a new contract.
    11-08-09 01:28 PM
    Question....I want to give my old Storm to my buddy. It's still running the old OS. I tried putting my SIM in it and upgrading but no go. What do I need to do so that he can use it on his account? Any answers feel free to BBM me 305DDDAC
    Last edited by bnbpapa; 11-09-09 at 08:10 AM. Reason: not finished
    11-09-09 08:09 AM
    are you trying to keep your sim? or are you simply getting a whole new device etc? once its on his account it should work, if it does not call up customer service and get them to open it up for him, im pretty sure at that point your pin becomes his unless you go through the process of changing your pin on that device...again customer service ( tech support)
    11-09-09 05:50 PM
    I have a question if anyone could please help me out. I re-uploaded .328 this time with shrink a os. Now my browser will not show the web page. It will work with the bolt browser just not the blackberry browser. Browser configuration is showing internet browser. Should it be showing WAP since i am with verizon? Any help would be greatly preciated
    11-09-09 06:34 PM
5,111 ... 154155156157158 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD