View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    This is my first phone from Verizon so i have to see how things go but so far so good i hope it stays like that.
    11-02-09 10:16 AM
    Question: I get a discount via my job for accessories (25%) can that be done at the store, or online only?
    You can get your discount at a Corporate VZW store or on line. If you log into My Verizon, it will show you the discount price in red.
    11-02-09 01:43 PM
    Question:

I have a contract with Verizon starting 12/09/08 from my Storm. I plan on buying the Droid either at full retail or waiting a month and using my annual upgrade. My choice is contingent on whether or not I keep my NE2 if I buy the Droid at full retail. So if I buy my Droid at full retail on Friday does that mean I'm eligible for a NE2 on 08/09/10 or because I paid full retail for my droid I invalidated my NE2?
    11-03-09 03:37 PM
    Question:

I have a contract with Verizon starting 12/09/08 from my Storm. I plan on buying the Droid either at full retail or waiting a month and using my annual upgrade. My choice is contingent on whether or not I keep my NE2 if I buy the Droid at full retail. So if I buy my Droid at full retail on Friday does that mean I'm eligible for a NE2 on 08/09/10 or because I paid full retail for my droid I invalidated my NE2?
    Only thing that messes with your NE2 is your calling plan and if you do an upgrade....that line must stay at AT LEAST the same price as it was not less monthly and must be the primary or same line of service during the whole NE2 term, retail purchase phones have nothing to do with that.
    11-03-09 03:45 PM
    Oh thanks! I'm definitely not messing with how much I pay monthly because my Storm was only BIS.
    11-03-09 04:02 PM
    Oh thanks! I'm definitely not messing with how much I pay monthly because my Storm was only BIS.
    NO, I meant the actual priceplan itself, the BB or smartphone or any feature for that matter makes 0 difference
    11-03-09 04:10 PM
    Ahh okay. No that's staying the same as well. 450 Minutes + Unlimited Text.
    11-03-09 04:17 PM
    that line must stay at AT LEAST the same price as it was not less monthly and must be the primary or same line of service during the whole NE2 term
    Actually, according to VZW, it can be reduced, as long as you don't drop below the threshold for the NE2 level you're in. If you do drop below the higher threshold, you move down to that level.

So if I am on a 2000 minute plan, I qualify for $50. I can drop to a 1000 minute plan & keep the $50. If I drop to a 450 minute plan, I would drop into the $30 NE2 benefit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 06:15 PM
    Hey Everyone,

My friend just picked up a new Tour 9630 at Verizon this last week. He did this via an upgrade.

He wants to know if he can return the phone and do an upgrade online to take advantage of the promotion that was posted in the blogs today ($49.99 with a 2 year contract). Thanks a lot!

Wes
    11-03-09 06:39 PM
    Yes he can , he will a $35 restock fee.
    11-03-09 07:08 PM
    We have 2 phones on our account, with mine as the primary. I just got a Blackberry in July using my NE2. The other line is long overdue for a NE2 replacement. Would it be possible to replace the other phone with a new one using the NE2 program, but activate it on the primary line instead? The reason I ask is because I'm contemplating an Android phone to replace the BB. My partner doesn't care what phone he has and would be perfectly happy keeping his RAZR. This way I could get the NE2 discount on the Android and sell the BB.
    11-04-09 10:43 AM
    Yes they can move the upgrade from line to line for you so that you can upgrade using their upgrade date.
    11-04-09 12:30 PM
    We have 2 phones on our account, with mine as the primary. I just got a Blackberry in July using my NE2. The other line is long overdue for a NE2 replacement. Would it be possible to replace the other phone with a new one using the NE2 program, but activate it on the primary line instead? The reason I ask is because I'm contemplating an Android phone to replace the BB. My partner doesn't care what phone he has and would be perfectly happy keeping his RAZR. This way I could get the NE2 discount on the Android and sell the BB.
    You only get the NE2 on the primary line. Any secondary lines get discount pricing when the upgrade is available. You won't get the NE2 discount on the secondary lines.
    11-04-09 01:48 PM
    quick question, easy answer: As a new customer coming to VZ for MotoDroid, what other fees will I pay in store at activation? Before rebate, of course?

Basically, how much $ will I need in my pocket friday?

11-04-09 08:00 PM
    quick question, easy answer: As a new customer coming to VZ for MotoDroid, what other fees will I pay in store at activation? Before rebate, of course?

Basically, how much $ will I need in my pocket friday?
    Up to $35 + cost of phone, depending on your credit.

Or, save yourself the cost of the $35 activation & order online Fri-Sun when it is waived for online purchases.

11-04-09 08:37 PM
    Up to $35 + cost of phone, depending on your credit.

Or, save yourself the cost of the $35 activation & order online Fri-Sun when it is waived for online purchases.

Thank you. But that leads to another question: How does porting from another carrier work with an online order? (and, is the rebate instant with an online order? I may have heard this somewhere but not sure)

11-04-09 08:44 PM
    Rebate is instant - no waiting for the mail.

You can initiate a port online - its all in the options.

11-04-09 09:09 PM
    Thank you very much. You've been very helpful and you're a great guy. (I know you frustrate a bunch of folks around here, but I like ya)

11-04-09 09:13 PM
    I know you frustrate a bunch of folks around here
    It is purely intentional.

11-04-09 09:16 PM
    It is purely intentional.
    Well you're doing great!

So anyway, now that I've gotten a out of you, you wouldn't know when or how I can find out when the online orders will begin, would you?

EDIT: Nevermind! I just consulted the international church of Google. (as I should have before asking) But Thank You!

Last edited by boobah204; 11-04-09 at 09:46 PM.
    11-04-09 09:36 PM
    Google lies.

Try tomorrow (Thursday) night after about midnight EST.

11-04-09 11:03 PM
    Google lies.

Try tomorrow (Thursday) night after about midnight EST.
    That's what Google gave me, but now I am wondering if their will be a mobile way to do it. I won't be able to get to a computer till after 5 am, and I know there will be "first wave" traffic and "waking up" traffic. Ideally I'd like to get locked in between those waves, but my only option at the time will be windows mobile explorer. I was testing the VZW shop site but half the links wouldn't work, including the "add to cart" ones. Do you think opera mini would work, or are there other complications where I'll just have to wait until morning? (like a droid-specific flash-based shop page)?

11-04-09 11:14 PM
    Thank you very much. You've been very helpful and you're a great guy. (I know you frustrate a bunch of folks around here, but I like ya)

What was that I heard? Oh that was Twins' head exploding... lol
    11-04-09 11:14 PM
    This is so basic, I'm sure it's been answered before, but I've tried several searches on this thread and couldn't come up with anything, so here goes:

I have a plain old singleton (non-family line) contract with VZW, phone ($39.99/mo.) plus BB data. Contract's not up 'til mid-2011. If I decide sometime between now and then to go with a more expensive plan (i.e., for more minutes a month, because I'm getting rid of my land line), does that affect my contract date and/or my NE2 eligibility?

thanks very much for any help!
    11-05-09 11:16 AM
    This is so basic, I'm sure it's been answered before, but I've tried several searches on this thread and couldn't come up with anything, so here goes:

I have a plain old singleton (non-family line) contract with VZW, phone ($39.99/mo.) plus BB data. Contract's not up 'til mid-2011. If I decide sometime between now and then to go with a more expensive plan (i.e., for more minutes a month, because I'm getting rid of my land line), does that affect my contract date and/or my NE2 eligibility?

thanks very much for any help!
    No on both - you can change your plan without affecting your dates or your contract.

11-05-09 12:45 PM
5,111 ... 153154155156157 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD