View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    Hello quick question bought a storm and I want to return it for the storm2 but I've already
    Got my rebate back can I still take it back I'm still within my 30 days....?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:00 PM
    Hello quick question bought a storm and I want to return it for the storm2 but I've already
    Got my rebate back can I still take it back I'm still within my 30 days....?

not likely, they usually require that stuff and a restocking fee
    10-30-09 09:18 AM
    Sorry to interrupt:
    I have a friend who went into local VZW store. He wanted a BB but also wanted to put his Mom on the plan w/o a BB, just a regular dumb phone. He was told that he couldn't do that; his Mom would have to have a BB account also regardless of what phone she used, which would double his monthly bill. Is that correct? Were they telling him the truth?
    I keep thinking about adults w/ BB's w/ kids on the same plan or do they have to have a separate account.
    Thanks for any help in this matter.

10-30-09 02:31 PM
    Sorry to interrupt:
    I have a friend who went into local VZW store. He wanted a BB but also wanted to put his Mom on the plan w/o a BB, just a regular dumb phone. He was told that he couldn't do that; his Mom would have to have a BB account also regardless of what phone she used, which would double his monthly bill. Is that correct? Were they telling him the truth?
    I keep thinking about adults w/ BB's w/ kids on the same plan or do they have to have a separate account.
    Thanks for any help in this matter.

NOT sure the story as relayed might be correct. Dumb phones do not need BB data plans.
    10-30-09 02:43 PM
    He wanted to get a BB & of course that's a smartphone plan. BUT, he just wanted to add his Mom to his account ($25.00 extra or whatever it costs). But they told him that would cost another $85.00 regardless of the phone his Mom used.
    Hope that's more clear.

10-30-09 02:54 PM
    He wanted to get a BB & of course that's a smartphone plan. BUT, he just wanted to add his Mom to his account ($25.00 extra or whatever it costs). But they told him that would cost another $85.00 regardless of the phone his Mom used.
    Hope that's more clear.

To me that sounds like hes on a dedicated smartphone plan, or they are quoting what it would cost activation fees and all, I would hope they arent trying to say it would be that much monthly because thats rediculous, unless hes on the lowest single plan that is, in which case that is possible, I think we need more info to give a definitive answer.
    10-30-09 03:34 PM
    Friend wanted to get a BB, & yes, w/ a smartphone plan. BB plan $85.00 a month.
    Wanted to add his Mom to his account (she just uses a regular cell phone -not a BB) but they said that she would have to pay $85.00 also regardless of her having a dumb or smartphone.
    In essence they told him he couldn't add her to smartphone plan (account) w/o her having a smartphone also
    Why would they have pay $85.00 a month using her regular call phone to be added to his account? Why can't he just add her to his account for like $25.00 a month?

I really hope this is clearer...

10-30-09 06:46 PM
    He needs a family share plan, with whatever amount of minutes he needs (that is the plan for 2-5 phones) and then add BIS to his phone for $29.99 a month. He can go to the VZW website and price the plans for 2 phones and that is how much his bill will be minus tax and the extra $29.99 a month for his bis.

10-30-09 08:00 PM
    That's all he needed to hear. They wanted to charge him for 2 smartphone plans even when his Mom didn't need that plan for her Nokia. They did not mention anything about a "family plan".
    He is not a happy camper right now.
    Thanks everyone for the help.

10-31-09 07:13 AM
    He needs a family share plan, with whatever amount of minutes he needs (that is the plan for 2-5 phones) and then add BIS to his phone for $29.99 a month. He can go to the VZW website and price the plans for 2 phones and that is how much his bill will be minus tax and the extra $29.99 a month for his bis.

correct, if hes on the plan i think hes on probably a 700 or 1400 selct plan would be good, 1400 gets him the friends and family, guess it depends how much mom is gonna talk

EDIT: that is about 140 or so after everything for 700 min plan, tell her to learn to text lol
    10-31-09 08:47 AM
    Do non-blackberry smartphones share the same data plan? Is it any easier switching between two non-blackberries than it is switching between a bb and an android/winmo phone?

11-01-09 01:04 PM
    Do non-blackberry smartphones share the same data plan? Is it any easier switching between two non-blackberries than it is switching between a bb and an android/winmo phone?

Yes, Unless you are a BES server. All smartphones will have the same data that can be used. 29.99 per month
    11-01-09 05:08 PM
    Yes, Unless you are a BES server. All smartphones will have the same data that can be used. 29.99 per month
    So if I buy the droid, I can switch back and forth between that and a winmo or other smartphone without having to change my plan?

11-01-09 05:35 PM
    So if I buy the droid, I can switch back and forth between that and a winmo or other smartphone without having to change my plan?

Yes .
    11-01-09 05:36 PM
    Yes .
    That's one thing I hate about the blackberry. Thanks!

11-01-09 05:50 PM
    That's one thing I hate about the blackberry. Thanks!

NOw the one thing I did not get from your is the actual plan, if you are on BB type of price plan, then you will need to change the plan. My comments are based on being on a nationwide select or basic plan with a bolt on data plan
    11-01-09 05:55 PM
    We are on the basic 700 min. family plan with a $30 bis plan added.

11-01-09 05:59 PM
    We are on the basic 700 min. family plan with a $30 bis plan added.

Then you are good to go
    11-01-09 06:04 PM
    I would have to change plans when switching between the tour and droid? You are allowed to upgrade after 11 months with a 1 year contract? Last questions.

11-01-09 06:12 PM
    You would have to change data plans but u can't prorate unlimited.

11-01-09 06:38 PM
    Could someone shed some light on vzw`s multi-fru policy. What is it? What qualifys you for it?

11-01-09 07:39 PM
    Could someone shed some light on vzw`s multi-fru policy. What is it? What qualifys you for it?

I think you should call VZW and ask them. This type of question to answer here, might get a rep in trouble.
    11-01-09 08:06 PM
    Question: I get a discount via my job for accessories (25%) can that be done at the store, or online only?
    11-02-09 02:47 AM
    Question: I get a discount via my job for accessories (25%) can that be done at the store, or online only?
    usually only at direct stores but there is usually one in every major city/region
    11-02-09 10:09 AM

I'll give this a shot.....You need to have 3 replacements in the year period that your warrantee covers, so the fourth is a multi-fru....BUT this usually requires that you extend your contract two years from the date that you get this replacement, and it is a new replacement so, basically the 4th replacement is kind of like an early upgrade, usually this is also the only way to choose something other than what you had originally, BUT it also has to be similar in features or capabilities...in other words you couldnt get a storm2 if you had an env3 originally. There are some grey areas, i have seen some folks able to go to a storm from an envtouch, but this is rare, multi-frus can also only be done at direct stores, nowhere else..unlike normal warrantee claim. Also with any warrantee replacement it cant be because of physical damage (water, beat up, cracked screens, broken charging port etc) lots of grey areas in those determinations....again you should call VZW as I dont work for them directly but this is how the policy works 90% of the time....sorry for the length
    11-02-09 10:15 AM
5,111 ... 152153154155156 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD