View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    lmao those would hafta be substantial pay checks
    Well I am sure those VZW get nice bonuses and medical benefits as well.
    10-27-09 06:15 PM
    *ponders getting job with VZW*
    10-27-09 06:33 PM
    Actually we do. But I still want a "10,000 volt" button on my phone pad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 07:51 PM
    can someone help me think here.

im told i should be able to keep my alltel plan and switch to a vzw phone at the 2 year price. my local people are saying i need to switch to a vzw plan (which i dont mind/care) but the vzw plan they looked at was aloot more.

what i need is a family plan with 1400 minutes and the 10 friends and family with 3 smartphone lines. i need unlimited texting on all the lines and it needs to be 240-250/month or less.

ive been told that with the 30 per month smartphone line you pay for you dont get unlimited texting with it? wtf? can someone help me make this affordable?

if what ive been told is true vzw sounds alooot more expensive than alltel. i dont like that
    10-28-09 02:17 AM
    I guess I can post here...

With Verizon Wireless

Nationwide Family Select Plan (includes 10 Friends & Family numbers and unlimited messaging for all lines)
    $119.99 - For first 2 lines
    $9.99 - For third line
    $29.99 X3 - Web and E-Mail

You're looking at right around $220... Before taxes, fees, insurance, ringbacks...etc...

If you were on an Alltel plan with similar minutes and phones it would look something like this

Alltel Smart Choice 1200 (includes 10 Friends & Family numbers, unlimited messaging for all lines and nights begin at 7PM)
    $109.99 - For the first line only
    $40 X3 - For the three additional smart phones

And you're looking at around $230... Again before taxes, fees, insurance, ringbacks...etc...

So.... With Alltel you're paying more for less minutes... That is unless I missed something....

Unfortunately you will lose your 7PM nights by switching to a Verizon plan...

I should really bookmark this page so I can direct all the naysayers to it when they complain about how much more expensive Verizon is.....
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-28-09 at 03:13 AM.
    10-28-09 02:55 AM
    why does VZW always treat customers as imbeciles and answer questions with stupid comments like "have you dialed *228 option 2 even when we are calling for bb tech support how is updating my roaming going to change an issue with email or for application issues, thats there answer for all questions it seems
    10-28-09 01:16 PM
    why does VZW always treat customers as imbeciles and answer questions with stupid comments like "have you dialed *228 option 2 even when we are calling for bb tech support how is updating my roaming going to change an issue with email or for application issues, thats there answer for all questions it seems
    No idea.. I never use a PRL update as a troubleshooting step when dealing with obvious system issues..

When we get transfers from CS or some other moron in watered-down tech they always say they have done *228... Like that's some magical fix for everything. Customer can't take pics? oh yeah.. *228..
    10-28-09 02:01 PM
    About 2 weeks ago I called customer service and told them I am on my 5th Tour and it is starting to have problems. Trackball gets locked up badly all of a sudden, when sending any type of message it randomly takes 10 to 20 seconds to send the message while freezing my phone in the process. Doesn't go into bedside mode all the time and sometimes comes out of it on it's own.
    I asked that since this being #5 for me I am allowed to pick another phone no questions asked, correct? They said they would need me to speak with a tech on another phone to determin if it can be fixed. I asked again, I thought the policy was no questions asked since it is my 5th replacement? They then told me they were unaware of that policy and I would need to call back on another phone and talk to tech support. So I did. They then told me I would need to take the phone to a corporate store so it can be determined whether not a replacement is warranted.

Did Verizon do away with the policy that if you return a phone 4 times you get whatever you want as long as it costs the same or less?

Another thing they told me is that I have been a customer since 2007. I got a little upset as I have been a Verizon Wireless Customer since 1998. They said they have no record of my account existing since then. I aksed if they could check as to how long my phone number has been in use on Verizon. They said they didn't see that on my account and that they can't access the information using the phone number alone. Only the account number and that I must have canceled my contract and rejoined. At this point I was pretty upset as they were telling me I did something that I DID NOT DO! I said I am pretty sure I would remember if I canceled, went to another carrier and then came back. I could tell that the rep was obviously frustrated with me at this point. I apologized for being rude, I said, " I am sorry for getting upset but you just told me that I did something that I obviously did not do and I find it hard to believe that you don't have access to records showing my phone number in use on Verizon prior to 2007." I asked if there was anyone else I could speak with. They said not at this time but they gave me the 1-800 number and said to call back tomorrow before 2:00 and there should be a manger available to take my call.
    Unfortunately I did not have time to call the very next day and have not followed up since. I know the non following up is my fault but I thought I would hop on here and see what I could find out before calling back or going to speak to someone at a corp store.

Recap:
    Did Verizon do away with their policy of return the phone 4 times and get any other phpone of equal or lesser value, no questions asked?

Is it possible that they really don't have access to my records prior to 2007 and there for I am now a 3 year customer apposed to almost an 11 year customer?

Thinking that at this point their service which is great, don't get me wrong, is not worth the hassel...or maybe I'm just getting mad again thinking about my latest encounter with customer service.

Anyway, any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    10-28-09 02:36 PM
    About 2 weeks ago I called customer service and told them I am on my 5th Tour and it is starting to have problems. Trackball gets locked up badly all of a sudden, when sending any type of message it randomly takes 10 to 20 seconds to send the message while freezing my phone in the process. Doesn't go into bedside mode all the time and sometimes comes out of it on it's own.
    I asked that since this being #5 for me I am allowed to pick another phone no questions asked, correct? They said they would need me to speak with a tech on another phone to determin if it can be fixed. I asked again, I thought the policy was no questions asked since it is my 5th replacement? They then told me they were unaware of that policy and I would need to call back on another phone and talk to tech support. So I did. They then told me I would need to take the phone to a corporate store so it can be determined whether not a replacement is warranted.

Did Verizon do away with the policy that if you return a phone 4 times you get whatever you want as long as it costs the same or less?

Another thing they told me is that I have been a customer since 2007. I got a little upset as I have been a Verizon Wireless Customer since 1998. They said they have no record of my account existing since then. I aksed if they could check as to how long my phone number has been in use on Verizon. They said they didn't see that on my account and that they can't access the information using the phone number alone. Only the account number and that I must have canceled my contract and rejoined. At this point I was pretty upset as they were telling me I did something that I DID NOT DO! I said I am pretty sure I would remember if I canceled, went to another carrier and then came back. I could tell that the rep was obviously frustrated with me at this point. I apologized for being rude, I said, " I am sorry for getting upset but you just told me that I did something that I obviously did not do and I find it hard to believe that you don't have access to records showing my phone number in use on Verizon prior to 2007." I asked if there was anyone else I could speak with. They said not at this time but they gave me the 1-800 number and said to call back tomorrow before 2:00 and there should be a manger available to take my call.
    Unfortunately I did not have time to call the very next day and have not followed up since. I know the non following up is my fault but I thought I would hop on here and see what I could find out before calling back or going to speak to someone at a corp store.

Recap:
    Did Verizon do away with their policy of return the phone 4 times and get any other phpone of equal or lesser value, no questions asked?

Is it possible that they really don't have access to my records prior to 2007 and there for I am now a 3 year customer apposed to almost an 11 year customer?

Thinking that at this point their service which is great, don't get me wrong, is not worth the hassel...or maybe I'm just getting mad again thinking about my latest encounter with customer service.

Thanks in advance.
    There has never been a policy where you pick any phone no questions asked other than eligible upgrades and new lines.

If your account number changed for any reason in 2007 that would be why you appear to be a "new" customer. There isn't any difference between being a 3 year customer and a 15 year though.

10-28-09 02:44 PM
    5 Tours? Really? They are ALL the same! What Blackberry doesn't freeze? If it takes too long to send a message and is freezing, then that's software issue. Reload the OS.

Unfortunately you cannot get whatever phone you want. If you've had 2 replacements in the past 90 days, then you are possibly eligible for a new Tour or possible a Storm 1. It is up to manager discretion though. Reps follow the matrix and cannot just give you what ever phone you'd like.

After this many replacements it's clear that BB is not right for you. Try a Droid!

Yes they will have access to your records prior to 2007.. Sounds like the rep did not have a clue what they were doing most likely..
    10-28-09 02:49 PM

Recap:

Thanks in advance.
    where you by chance a former Alltel person??, also it is 2 or more phn in 90 days and we can send a new phn out , there is no such a thing as no questions asked, we still need to trbl shoot the phone before we can send out a new one, It is up to the csr/sup if you can change a device ( upgrade ) the policy is we send out a NEW phone. no an upgraded one, Ask nice and you can talk them into a diff phn....ty
    10-28-09 03:49 PM
    I would like to know if it is possible to add a line with a number from another market, ex. I am in MD and would like a S. Carolina number.
    10-28-09 07:12 PM
    I called customer support and complained because i had 3 storms and then was pissed and went to an alias (like an *****) two of those broke and were warranty replaced and then I bought a curve on craigslist which will be warranty replaced as well for dust under screen. They said they would give me 2 year contract price on a tour for my troubles. 149 bucks for a factory new not refurb was cool by me. So i just got it yesterday and when i activated it, it said i was confirming for another 2 yr contract. today i see the tour2 WTF!! So my question is since technically i got 2 yr pricing because i committed 2 more years do i qualify again for the 30 day return or phone change. This would allow me to get tour 2 or droid if it comes out soon. any thoughts would help...thx
    10-28-09 07:53 PM
    I called customer support and complained because i had 3 storms and then was pissed and went to an alias (like an *****) two of those broke and were warranty replaced and then I bought a curve on craigslist which will be warranty replaced as well for dust under screen. They said they would give me 2 year contract price on a tour for my troubles. 149 bucks for a factory new not refurb was cool by me. So i just got it yesterday and when i activated it, it said i was confirming for another 2 yr contract. today i see the tour2 WTF!! So my question is since technically i got 2 yr pricing because i committed 2 more years do i qualify again for the 30 day return or phone change. This would allow me to get tour 2 or droid if it comes out soon. any thoughts would help...thx
    Wow.. way to double post.. congrats. You have your own thread ya know?
    10-28-09 08:08 PM
    I got a little upset as I have been a Verizon Wireless Customer since 1998.
    ....Verizon Wireless was founded in 2000....
    10-29-09 02:50 AM
    yeah before that they were airtouch
    10-29-09 03:12 AM
    only the first buyer get a warranty replacement. If you buy a used phone, VZW will activate it has a used phone.
    10-29-09 07:45 AM
    Thanks to everyone giving me input.
    I was obviously miss informed regarding their policy. I didn't realize that when they replaced my phone that I had returned 4 times and was then allowed to choose any phone I wanted as a replacement in the past, that it wasn't an actual Verizon policy and that it was the store helping me out for my troubles.
    I really wish I did know that as it would have made me feel good that they were helping me out. But in the same respect it was very unselfish of the manager to not tell me he was doing me a favor. Which is why I thought it was policy. The way he described it and the fact that an over the phone cust. ser. rep agreed with him at the time lead me to believe it was policy.

Someone mentioned BB's aren't for me and to go to Android. I plan to get an android device actually but I have been using BB's for many years and don't plan on leaving them anytime soon as my main device. Also I have never had problems like I have had with the Tour(s) even on the Original Storm.
    Also, I shouldn't have to reload an operating system that I have never messed with. I bought my Storm from the market place here more for fun as I was happy with my Curve and back up 8830. I wanted to learn about installing leaks and I did. All though I still don't feel I should need to upgrade to a leak or re install the OS to make the phone work properly.

Was it just Verizon and not Verizon Wireless or another company name all together then?
    My father had the plan started through his work a couple years before, then in 1998 he transfered the account to my name. I thought it was Verizon then.
    I know that since then I have never switched carriers so who ever they where changed to Verizon. Also at the age I was at the time I probably wouldn't have cared that anything changed. I was in college, still living with my parents and paying the bills consisted of giving them what ever cash I had when they were due.
    10-29-09 07:59 AM
    yeah before that they were airtouch
    Ah, there you go. I don't recall ever hearing that name but I'm sure when Dad handed me cell phone I was just excited and didn't care too much about what company they were.
    10-29-09 08:03 AM
    I'm sure this question has been asked before in this thread, but it is a bit large to search through these days.

My upgrade is available 1/12/10, which is about 2 months away. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years, and my wife and I pay about $180 each month and are never late. Is it possible to take advantage of my upgrade early sometime next month if I renew my contract for another two years? If it is possible, should I call Verizon or go into a store to inquire about this? I have never asked to do this before but am in need of a new phone. I rarely get two full years of use out of any phone and usually end up buying one for retail price on ebay. Any advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated.
    10-29-09 03:55 PM
    The old components of Verizon Wireless were Bell Atlantic Mobile, Metro Mobile, NYNEX Mobile Communications, AirTouch Communications, PrimeCo Communications, and GTE Mobilnet - various mergers & a joint venture between Verizon Communications & Vodafone of the UK ultimately created Verizon Wireless.

10-29-09 04:01 PM
    I'm sure this question has been asked before in this thread, but it is a bit large to search through these days.

My upgrade is available 1/12/10, which is about 2 months away. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for many years, and my wife and I pay about $180 each month and are never late. Is it possible to take advantage of my upgrade early sometime next month if I renew my contract for another two years? If it is possible, should I call Verizon or go into a store to inquire about this? I have never asked to do this before but am in need of a new phone. I rarely get two full years of use out of any phone and usually end up buying one for retail price on ebay. Any advice or past experience would be greatly appreciated.
    You may be eligible for an early upgrade, sans NE2 or someone at VZW might help you out.

Go online to see what is available now, then call 611.

10-29-09 04:04 PM

You may be eligible on your primary line for an early upgrade if its access fee is 59.99 or higher, you just have to have been on it for over a year and your eligible early. This DOES NOT apply to the secondary line which will still have its original upgrade date availability.

on a side note who ever said this is an ***** -codito-
    "Why would you dumb craps argue with CX? It's like arguing with Jesus about the Bible."

Jesus wasnt around when the bible was written, in fact the people that were with jesus didnt write it, it was written by a bunch of guys centuries later hence all the innacuracies in it.....so why would jesus know anything about the bible? .....I know im a **** but that was so wrong i couldnt resist.
    10-29-09 04:09 PM
    You may be eligible for an early upgrade, sans NE2 or someone at VZW might help you out.

Go online to see what is available now, then call 611.

You may be eligible on your primary line for an early upgrade if its access fee is 59.99 or higher, you just have to have been on it for over a year and your eligible early. This DOES NOT apply to the secondary line which will still have its original upgrade date availability.

"Why would you dumb craps argue with CX? It's like arguing with Jesus about the Bible."

Jesus wasnt around when the bible was written, in fact the people that were with jesus didnt write it, it was written by a bunch of guys centuries later hence all the innacuracies in it.....so why would jesus know anything about the bible? .....I know im a **** but that was so wrong i couldnt resist.
    This is a secondary line on the account and it's upgrade date is 1/12/10. I just called *611 and was told that it would make more sense to go into a store and request an early upgrade because they work on commission whereas the phone reps do not.

The phone that I purchased through Verizon during my last upgrade had many problems and I received multiple replacement units through Verizon's insurance company (Azura?). After a few different replacements, I decided to just buy a new Blackberry on ebay and be done with the refurbs that I was being sent. I never asked Verizon to let me choose a different phone or give me a break on a new phone through them even though I couldn't seem to get a working phone. Now that I'm only two months away and my Blackberry is ready to die, I am really hoping that they'll work with me. I'm just wondering if this ever happens.
    10-29-09 04:23 PM

Huh?

Not only does this seem out of context, it makes no sense & is completely inaccurate.

10-29-09 05:03 PM
5,111 ... 151152153154155 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD