View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    ehh i refuse to do any business with state farm.. i had 2 cars and my homeowners insurance through them for years and they dropped me because i live less then 1/4 mile from the beach.

I am sure a vzw rep will right with you
    10-22-09 01:38 PM
    I recently warrantied out my blackberry tour.

I had called for an unlock code the week before. When I was talking to csr who did the warranty, she asked if I had traveled overseas with the phone, I said "not yet." She asked if I had got it unlocked, I said "yes."

She said, "when you get the new phone make sure you trade the sim cards out."

The unlock code is tied to the device, right?

Also, I know they are stingy about the unlock codes (most people say they will only do one device a year per account, I think). Are they going to give me a hassle if I call back in with the new phone, or is it a given that since I had the device swapped that they'll give me a new code?
    10-22-09 01:47 PM
    I have a dumb phone question. We've just been switched over to VZW from alltel. This lady i work with got an email telling her that her unlimited text messaging wouldn't carry over and shed be charged .20 per message because VZW didnt have an unlimited messaging pack for dumb phones. WTF? Is this true? How can they switch her plan like that?
    10-22-09 06:21 PM
    They didn't switch her plan - optional features are not included in agreements & Alltel customers were notified of their options.

There is an unlimited text messaging option - its called the Select Plan. Going on this would be a plan change, so Alltel customers were not put on it automatically.

Everyone needs to know that cell phone contracts cover the basic voice plan ONLY. You do not sign a contract for any texting package, data service, ringback tones or voicemail upgrades. You can add or remove these at any time, therefore they can be changed, augmented, reduced or eliminated & you have zero recourse. VZW is maintaining Alltel voice minutes plans to not break contracts - but the rest is their option - or AT&T's or Sprint's or T-Mobile's, if you're their customer - and there is nothing you can do.

You can change between eligible VZW plans without penalty, though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 10:51 PM
    I recently warrantied out my blackberry tour.

I had called for an unlock code the week before. When I was talking to csr who did the warranty, she asked if I had traveled overseas with the phone, I said "not yet." She asked if I had got it unlocked, I said "yes."

She said, "when you get the new phone make sure you trade the sim cards out."

The unlock code is tied to the device, right?

Also, I know they are stingy about the unlock codes (most people say they will only do one device a year per account, I think). Are they going to give me a hassle if I call back in with the new phone, or is it a given that since I had the device swapped that they'll give me a new code?
    If they see a replacement that went through recently you won't have a problem.
    10-23-09 09:02 AM
    EDIT: Online order.
    Quick question on returns. I tried out and returned the Storm and it was received back by VZW a week ago but my upgrade date has not been rolled back. Should I call in to see whats what? I did a similar thing about 2 weeks prior to that with an 8230. With that one I ended up returning by FedEx the same day I received it as it just was just too cheap feeling. During the time I had the 8230 my upgrade date remained the same. I did not even activate it on my account. So could the hold up with the Storm be that I activated it on my account? I recall activating it online and noticed that my upgrade date changed to 10 months out (1yr plan).

thx
    10-24-09 12:38 AM
    Hold on...
    So you got an 8230, sent it back and got a Storm...
    Then sent the Storm back?
    10-24-09 10:05 AM
    Hold on...
    I think he was talking about two separate lines and comparing how one upgrade date reverted instantly and the other has not.
    10-24-09 12:46 PM
    Hold on...

Yeah, on the same line. Received and shipped back the 8230 on the same day as I didn't like it. I waited about two weeks or soe then ordered the Storm and had it for about a week and a half and decided I didn't like it so then I sent that back too.
    10-24-09 04:59 PM
    Yeah, on the same line. Received and shipped back the 8230 on the same day as I didn't like it. I waited about two weeks or soe then ordered the Storm and had it for about a week and a half and decided I didn't like it so then I sent that back too.
    Maybe they could interest you in a nice htc phone?
    10-25-09 04:55 AM

J/K, but this has been discussed in several topics already. I was told by the sales rep and the CSR that the green dot only means that the the software is up-to-date.
    That's all it means for heavens sake...........nothing to get uptight about. From time to time our tech support is asked to pull every phone out of our inventory , whether it be a tech bulletin or software upgrade, and update our current stock. They put a dot on it to let us know it has the latest upgrade. No big deal, really.
    10-26-09 08:58 AM
    Maybe they could interest you in a nice htc phone?
    Well... if you upgrade then return and get another thats 35$ but if you dont like the second one aren't you stuck with the 2nd one or can you send the 2nd one back and keep the ne2??
    10-26-09 09:06 AM
    Well... if you upgrade then return and get another thats 35$ but if you dont like the second one aren't you stuck with the 2nd one or can you send the 2nd one back and keep the ne2??
    You're not charged the $35 unless you exchange/get another phone within three days of returning the last. In my case there was a span of two weeks. I don't have the NE2 as I'm a secondary line. Finally called VZW and rep said it looked like the warehouse was working on my account. Had the price of the phone credited back to my account as I had charged it to it.

Thanks for all the suggestions though. I'm going to wait on the S2 and the Droid.
    10-26-09 09:11 AM
    That's all it means for heavens sake...........nothing to get uptight about. From time to time our tech support is asked to pull every phone out of our inventory , whether it be a tech bulletin or software upgrade, and update our current stock. They put a dot on it to let us know it has the latest upgrade. No big deal, really.
    Uptight? LOL

Thanks for answering that question, but I actually got the info on the VZW forum just the other day regarding this question. In fact, it was discussed in two other threads here as well.

The green dot (or any color dot for that matter) is used to signify to employees that a device has the latest preloaded software updates. This is why a couple of months after the launch the Tours packaging began appearing with small green dots on them.

For example once the official OS update is finally released the devices that VZW stores will receive will come with larger green dots to signify these have updated software and can be distinguished from the smaller green dot devices. The devices that have no dots should have already been sent back to RIM and the smaller green dots will also be shipped back to RIM once the larger green dot devices have been received.

The green dot has nothing to do with them being refurbished devices (green dots will be on new and FRU) or signify any hardware related issues such as trackball or battery door repairs which is being inaccurately spread about in the threads here.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-26-09 at 09:33 AM.
    10-26-09 09:26 AM
    You're not charged the $35 unless you exchange/get another phone within three days of returning the last. In my case there was a span of two weeks. I don't have the NE2 as I'm a secondary line. Finally called VZW and rep said it looked like the warehouse was working on my account. Had the price of the phone credited back to my account as I had charged it to it.

Thanks for all the suggestions though. I'm going to wait on the S2 and the Droid.
    OH ok! that makes more sense now thanks
    10-26-09 10:13 AM
    I have just been told by the reps here, that when people are loading the new software update on bb 5.0, that the system is NOT backing up their info, anyone else hearing this??
    10-27-09 07:31 AM
    I have just been told by the reps here, that when people are loading the new software update on bb 5.0, that the system is NOT backing up their info, anyone else hearing this??
    Always backup prior to any type of updates.... ALWAYS.
    But yeah same issue its been wipin em.
    10-27-09 08:28 AM
    i personally think verizon has one of the worst services next to at&t... i have switched to sprint over 2 years ago and never regretted it! my service is the best never a dropped call unlike verizon! no issues with the reps unlike verizon they were twits! thank you
    10-27-09 09:32 AM
    i personally think verizon has one of the worst services next to at&t... i have switched to sprint over 2 years ago and never regretted it! my service is the best never a dropped call unlike verizon! no issues with the reps unlike verizon they were twits! thank you
    You're welcome???
    10-27-09 10:07 AM
    was there really a point to come in here and pis s and moan about something you "don't care about?". nope didn't think so.
    10-27-09 11:16 AM
    You would be saying the complete opposite if you lived where I do. You probably live next to a Sprint tower and never leave your home to not have ever had a call drop on that network.
    10-27-09 11:26 AM
    Do you work for sprint as well? Last name Hessey? (SP?)
    10-27-09 05:57 PM
    how do VZW CSRs and techs keep from shooting wayward folks?
    10-27-09 06:53 PM
    how do VZW CSRs and techs keep from shooting wayward folks?
    Pay checks
    10-27-09 07:07 PM
    lmao those would hafta be substantial pay checks
    10-27-09 07:11 PM
5,111 ... 150151152153154 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD