View Poll Results: Are you happy with Verizon Wireless?

Voters
3352. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes i'm a loyal VZW customer

2,142 63.90%
  • Its Ok

766 22.85%
  • I am thinking about changing

254 7.58%
  • NO!!!

190 5.67%
    What your essentially asking is Verizon going to let you keep a phone that almost retails for $500 if you pay the ETF of $175. Not going to happen sorry.
    10-12-09 02:58 PM
    hahaha it was just a thought...I wasn't expecting anything
    10-12-09 03:17 PM
    This might be a stupid question but what the ****.

My Annual Upgrade is coming up December 11th. How long is the upgrade available for? Is it just on that date or once my annual upgrade comes up I will be able to upgrade at any point again, kind of like how I upgraded this past December, whenever I felt like it.

I believe it is whenever I would like to, but I just want to make sure I have that straight. If the Curve 2 isn't out then, I might wait until that drops and compare the Curve 2 and the Tour.
    10-12-09 03:31 PM
    upgrade whenever you want after dec 11th
    10-12-09 03:35 PM
    upgrade whenever you want after dec 11th
    Sweet. Thank you very much.
    10-13-09 02:10 PM
    Ok, Alltel customer here getting switched out next week. My wife and I both have OLD phones and looking to upgrade. I'm looking at the tour while she would probably like the Storm 2 once it comes. Right now we have the 1200 or 1400 minute with unlimited data / text package with alltel. What would you recommend us doing to stay with a similar package? I've heard Verizon doesn't have an unlimited text package? I need to tether at times with my laptop as well.
    10-13-09 10:26 PM
    Look into the nationwide select plan. there is a 1400 minute plan that will unlim. sms and mms. 29.99 for unlim data and 30 for tethering. The tether feature can be added and removed as needed.
    10-13-09 10:37 PM
    Look into the nationwide select plan. there is a 1400 minute plan that will unlim. sms and mms. 29.99 for unlim data and 30 for tethering. The tether feature can be added and removed as needed.
    And that Select Plan does give unlimited text for less than separate plans.

The top add-on to Basic is $20/line & gives you 5000 anywhere & unlimited M2M, while the Select adds $20 to a single line or $30 (total) to a Family Plan - fully unlimited on the Select Plan regardless.

Or, if the majority of your texts are to each other, you might save $10 by getting a pair of 1000 text plans for $10 each - they come with unlimited M2M texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 11:06 PM
    Here is the best advice I can give: USE YOUR RESOURCES! Anybody can say anything, but that doesn't make it true. Verizonwireless.com has an abundance of great info and there are thousands of people that get paid to take your calls. You are ultimately responsible for your own charges and "somebody told me xyz on crackberry.com" is NOT a defense to have $2000.00 credited back to your account. And for the above post about the text packages, that's 500 out of network (non Verizon) messages and unlimited M2M for $10.00 per line and no they are not shared. (See what I mean about wrong info?) Check the website if you don't believe me.

**PS...Take a wild guess where I work...**
    Disclaimer: In no way do I represent VZW, nor will I make assumptions about your situation, but I will help with general info that can also be found on the website. NO... I do not know release dates for anything.
    Last edited by GeminiChick; 10-14-09 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Just Because...
    10-14-09 10:12 PM
    # 3

Any store should be able to transfer your pictures with the celebrite machince, on most camera phones you can pull the pictures too, now a vx6100 im not 100% sure but ill have to get back to you on that one.
    Got em transfered - thanks!
    10-14-09 11:57 PM
    I am thinking about applying for a local Verizon sales opening, but wanted to gather some info if I could. I have quite a bit of sales experience from retail clothing, to commissioned fitness sales. I guess my main question is, did/do you like your job??

Thanks for any input you may be able to provide
    10-15-09 10:25 AM
    Alright I have a question...If I were to do an annual upgrade with the S2 and get a free tour with the upgrade (BOGO), could I not just cancel the new contract on the new tour for 160 dollars and basically get the tour for 160?

To state things more clearly...

New annual upgrade gets me a new 2 yr. with the storm2
    Get a free tour for signing sign another 2 year contract
    Cancel 2nd 2-year contract for 160 and get tour for 160.

Is this possible??

I am asking since it is lookin like VZW will be doin the BOGO with the S2
    Actually they might, sounds stupid but i have done that and i work there lol
    10-16-09 12:17 PM
    I am thinking about applying for a local Verizon sales opening, but wanted to gather some info if I could. I have quite a bit of sales experience from retail clothing, to commissioned fitness sales. I guess my main question is, did/do you like your job??

Thanks for any input you may be able to provide
    I like the indirect sales, I did work at a direct store and most of them are so busy its hard to be happy, also since most are in the metro areas you get a certain angryness from people that i do not see at my current store.

So.....yes if your in an indirect or smaller store
    10-16-09 12:21 PM
    REP- my gf sold her phone so i can buy the new storm2 and she is really getting frustrated with using i.

can i go get the storm 1 tomorrow and if with in the 30 days the s2 comes out i can take back the storm 1 and exchange it for the storm 2?

it comes under the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, and im just looking for conformation. thx
    10-16-09 10:54 PM
    REP- my gf sold her phone so i can buy the new storm2 and she is really getting frustrated with using i.

can i go get the storm 1 tomorrow and if with in the 30 days the s2 comes out i can take back the storm 1 and exchange it for the storm 2?

it comes under the 30 day satisfaction guarantee, and im just looking for conformation. thx
    OK so your gf sold her phone and she is mad.
    Can you go get the storm 2 tomorrow and exchange it within 30 days? Yes.
    35$ Restocking Fee.
    And this is an IF because the Storm 2 isn't out nor has a release date been...released.
    10-18-09 10:25 AM
    I've got a question. Are you able to use the worry-free guarantee multiple times? I.E. I go in and get a Touch Pro 2, bring it back the next day and get a Tour and then bring it back to get a Storm 2? Or is it a one shot deal? Just curious.
    10-18-09 11:56 PM
    I've got a question. Are you able to use the worry-free guarantee multiple times? I.E. I go in and get a Touch Pro 2, bring it back the next day and get a Tour and then bring it back to get a Storm 2? Or is it a one shot deal? Just curious.
    You get one exchange and there is a $35 restocking fee. If you want to try the phone out, use the demo in the store.

10-19-09 12:15 AM
    You get one exchange and there is a $35 restocking fee. If you want to try the phone out, use the demo in the store.

Ok good deal. So if I don't like the service at all, I can just drop it period? I don't want to get stuck for 2 years if I don't have to be.

10-19-09 02:18 PM
    Can MFI loader unlock the storm or the storm2
    10-20-09 07:55 AM
    Ok good deal. So if I don't like the service at all, I can just drop it period? I don't want to get stuck for 2 years if I don't have to be.

Yes. You just pay activation, restock fee if applicable and the partial month of service you received.

10-20-09 10:25 AM
    Thank you very much. I live in a rural area so I'm kinda skeptical on service. Nextel is the best, always 5 bars. Will try Verizon, as I want the storm2.

10-20-09 01:21 PM
    All you need is a Verizon phone with a current PRL. Doesn't need paid service. You can walk around and see what coverage is like for free.

10-20-09 01:29 PM
    I have asked the sales rep in the store, called VZW customer service, and even asked a RIM technician what the green dot represented and I have yet to receive a clear and straight forward answer. Is this top secret or what? Don't worry I doubt they know who you are if you tell us.

J/K, but this has been discussed in several topics already. I was told by the sales rep and the CSR that the green dot only means that the the software is up-to-date. I don't really believe this since my first Tour was brand spanking new with no green dot on the box so would that mean my new phone had some old OS on it. Aren't the Tours still loaded with their original OS version anyway? Unless these dots are changed then it would get pretty confusing as to which devices were the ones wit the latest software wouldn't it?

When I asked them if the green dot had anything to do with hardware being repaired this is where they seem to stumble. The sales rep simply told me no and the CSR told me that some of these could have had repairs, but that the color dots meanings "probably" differ from store to store. Why all the confusion? It's apparent that this green dot is not something that varies from store to store from seeing all the posts from people far and wide.

So could one of you that actually works for VZW give me a clear and straightforward answer once and for all on this issue so I can move on in my life? I'm starting to have nightmares of waking up and finding green dots on everything...lol. Help before I go mad and do something really crazy like sign a 2 year contract with sucky AT&T.
    10-22-09 08:02 AM
    My GF went to Verizon corporate store today to upgrade her old regular phone and her son's phone to BlackBerry Tours on a family plan. She was there for literally 2.5 hours, and there are still features of the phones that do not work. She had to leave because she needed to be somewhere, and considered having them connect her old phone back up and forgetting about Verizon all together. She has been a 10-year customer, and spends a lot of money each month with a family plan for herself and three other lines, but felt that she got the absolute worst in customer service during this process. The manager just said I'm sorry, and didn't offer to help out in any way.

She wants to contact someone at Verizon and relay her experience if for no other reason than to make it known that there are problems at that particular store. Not to mention the fact that she still needs to deal with a rep to get her new phones working properly.

She is extremely bitter about this experience, and it has completely killed any positive vibes about getting her first BlackBerry, and she could care less about learning how to use it right now.

Is there someone that could provide a customer relations contact that might be willing to listen to her story, and potentially make things right with an unhappy customer?
    She has been a 10-year customer, and spends a lot of money each month with a family plan for herself and three other lines,

i love it when they throw this in, everyone does ,so what
    10-22-09 11:13 AM
    Because since they have been with verizon so long they should feel a deep need to bend over backwards for each long time customer, however not so with the 80 million others....lol
    10-22-09 12:23 PM
5,111 ... 149150151152153 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD